Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Following a Maiden Voyage! (469)

Now I finally realise how much better the original is soo much better than the dub, I liked Ash`s voice, but hated Oaks and Meowths, this episode was funny with Hikari being lost and that incident in the lab, I watched this on youtube

Marluxia the level 5 Cherrim!

Yay for Marluxia

I have found the english name for this episode: Turning over a New Twinleaf

Been there, done that. Source please? If not I'll assume you're lying.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I doubt that.

Even though it is the sort of name PUSA would chuck out, without a source it is safe to assume that you are lying
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

Argh, the English one is coming in Summer. I DON'T WANT TO WAIT.
    Postcount +1

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    LOL. I did think the Ariados in this episode was pretty random.

I wonder what Yamato-San will have to say when he sees this...
    sorry for the late reply... yeah, it does seem like the writers have seriously got something against Ariados. However, I'm not all THAT peeved about it. It particularly irritated me with Harley because he was shown to be a pretty decent coordinator (and he's meant to be Haruka's RIVAL, not a comic relief villian that always loses, as he had already done two times in a row previously), Haruka was only at her first contest in the region (a win that's very easily expendible), and her piece of crap turtle still didn't seem like a very competent fighter, even when it suddenly pulled that Ice Beam out of its ass (hell, if anything, I was expecting that to be the only thing it'd get out of the two-parter, not that AND a win -_-).

In this situation, however, we're dealing with wild Ariados, and Pochama isn't a god damn crybaby suddenly turned competent. He's clearly had an attitude right from the start. The attacked used to beat them wasn't terribly unrealistic, neither (though, how he could endure that long for Bide to work is beyond me... but then, he is stubborn). And while Harley's Ariados seriously got the shaft (a very humiliating defeat, falling behind Haruka's Zenigame a second time when it appealed, not to mention that Fire Spin incident), and the guys were pretty much used as nothing but fodder in this situation, I think Pokemon Hunter J's Ariados greatly makes up for it in a later episode (episodes, hopefully).

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Default Actual new title

Quote Originally Posted by ekulemmer34 View Post
    I have found the english name for this episode: Turning over a New Twinleaf
    Actually, according to theCartoon Network Website the new title is "Following a Maiden's Voyage".

So now we know that Dawn is a maiden...

Well, if Hikari has the good luck ribbon, and her mom gets worried about her when Hikari says she is fine, then I'm confused!
    Lucario and Sir Erin!

"Sir Erin!" - Telepathcy, Lucario - Pokemon : Lucario and the Mystery of Mew! Bishie Changed to Arceus!
    Imposter! IMPACT

Does any one know when it hits the screen in europe

Thank you for the great banner Charizard#1 and Ironspectile x And Shedinja Master for the scrolling picture

This is a great episode to introduce the series and Hikari.
    [IMG]http://i13.*******.com/47lo29z.png[/IMG]
    Credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the awsome banner!

~Bishie~Mafia~Song~Friends

Quote Originally Posted by Inkan1969 View Post
    Actually, according to theCartoon Network Website the new title is "Following a Maiden's Voyage".

So now we know that Dawn is a maiden...
    Boy I should hope so, after all she's only 10.

I think this episode mostly focusing on Hikari/Dawn is pretty neat, since we're meeting her for the first time and we've known Ash for 10 years so he needs no introduction, and we really don't need a whole episode of yet another Team Rocket scheme, we'll see plenty of those in the future. I like that she chose the Penguin Pokemon as her starter; I've always loved penguins and would probably choose it myself if I played the game.
    "the Rocket-Dan's past is hard enough to straighten out without the dub coming in and making it worse." ~Dogasu's Pokemon Comparisons

Proud supporter of Aipom (Started by De HotShot Mon) and Unown (Started by Da Master of Unowns!), I would have copied the whole text for both but I wasn't allowed that many lines in my sig.

Well, even though I didn't think this episode was as entertaining as the first one or the first AG one, it was a good one to watch. It was nice to see Dawn have her own episode for her debut.

... But why'd she have to be a coordinator? (Don't after that.)
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

I actually liked this better then Episode 1...

Tonight's the night... are we allowed to share our opinions on the episode in this thread?
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

This episode was great. The theme song was pretty cool as well as seeing all the new Sinnoh pokemon (obviously too many to name). I thought Dawn had somewhat of a squeaky voice. It was kinda funny to see all the pokemon in the lab fight while Turtwig just sat there and ate. It was cool to see Piplup use Bide. It was also cool to see the first legendary Sinnoh pokemon, Mesprit(?). I thought it was hilarious when Wobbuffet countered against Meowth’s Fury Swipes.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I hate Piplup's voice but Dawn's is good.

I don't agree about Dawn's voice at all.

Me neither , its a bit annoying like Max`s, but the most disappointing.. THEY TOOK OUT THE HAPPY MUSIC! T.T I hear mostly battle music in the dub.

Thought Dawn's voice was pretty nice.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

This episode wasn't all that bad. Seein' Dawn being introduced throughout this whole episode is a nice new element 2 this season.

Pros:
    -The intro of a lot of new Pokemon. I remember the first episode of Johto Journeys and Advanced only showed the starters and probably one more.
    -Dawn seein' one of the three legendary psychic pokemon!

Cons
    -Don't really like this season's opening title all that much!

7/10

Wow, Dawn-chan had such a great dub voice, which makes me love her even more.
    The episode was just as good the sub I watched. , but still good enough. I'm watching it again when there's a re-run.
    Last edited by ShinyManafi; 21st April 2007 at 5:27 AM.

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Default Dawn's Mom

Dawn's Mom is totally hot. Love that BIG hair.

Okay, Dawn's mother's name is Johanna and the emcee for Sinnoh is Marion. At least that's what wonderful Closed Caption said. Yes I watch all of my shows with CC.

-Dawn's voice was pretty cool. Fits her in a way.
    -Professor Rowan's voice fits as well.
    -Piplup is a cuttie but it will take a while before I get used to saying Piplup since I've been so used to saying Pochema.
    -I'll tell her later in her face-off but I thought about taitofan so much when I saw the Ariados. So glad to see that! I get so sick of the "OMG BEEDRILL" chase scene. Good grief. At least that was a different change of pace.
    -Sweet baby Jesus there's a wonderful one second scene with my Tracey. And better yet, he didn't have to talk, so I didn't have to hear his new voice that sounds like nails on chalkboard, so I end up punching a whole in the wall next to the one where I punched when I heard it in the first place. *gasps for air*

Yeah, better seen not heard for the moment!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

I hate living in the UK... is it possible to see this anywhere on the internet?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast