Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Two Degrees of Seperation! (470)

good episode again, poor pikachu miss his trainer ^^

It was interesting, since Pikachu is rarely seperated from Ash :/

I liked how Dawn continued to get so much screentime, it's never happened before.

6/10 because it was something new.

Poor Pikachu. it was vey hard to see it...

But i loved to see Paul for the first time, although he didn't fight.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Jame's Carnivine is pretty funny. Although I wonder how long it's been in that box. Overall this was a very enjoyable episode.

I believe this is the first time someone has pointed a pokedex at Pikachu when Dawn did it (Meowth hadn't had one pointed to him until he posed as Kirla and May pointed it at him). Also first time both Meowth's and Pikachu's pokedex entries appeared in this one.

Dawn's capture mistake was much like Ash of course, not to mention May I wonder if all the beginners have done that, or if it's just those who didn't read about it. It was funny to see naked Burmy lol, aleast we know what it looks like when the leaves aren't on it.

It was interesting when Pikachu appeared and Dawn tried to catch it, and all of TR's Pokemon appeared around it. And of course it destroys the bike lol.

So James has a Carivine, I am surprised that it has been stuck in the pokeball for so long. Ash's quick capture of Starly was quick, he probably would have caught it but he didn't have the time to mess around since he was trying to find Pikachu (It would have been more interesting if Aipom wasn't there, hey Ash catches his own Starly lol like how Jessie caught Seviper on her own without Pokemon).

Poor Brock, he looked shocked when that cowgirl said she had a boyfriend, of course he's like don't worry us two men will travel and all that other stuff.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

I'm smiling at myself b/c I had to look at the episode pics to remember where this episode cut off. No serious analysis then.
    I do remember Ash's comment about Team Rocket, saying that when he wanted to find those guys, he couldn't. And oh yeah! Pikachu's expression as it hid behind Dawn's leg- adorable (and funny considering Pikachu's the one who's blasted Team Rocket off so many times).
    Almost forgot...Ash's first meeting with Professor Rowan, which begins with the professor telling Ash he's heard a great deal about him, and ends with the professor looking bemused at Ash abruptly running off to find Pikachu after hearing Pikachu is with Dawn. That's Ash for you.

Quite a lot happened in this episode. Pikachu and Meowth got Dexed for pretty much the first time and we continue on with our tradition of Pikachu frying the female protagonist's bike at the beginning of each new saga. And Ash got a Starly, why am I not suprised. Also James gets his old friend Carnivine back which turns out to be the new Victreebel. Oh, joy.Glad to see the writers are taking their time with introducing the new characters. Oh, did I forget something? Oh yeah, Brock came back. Well, its no wonder I forgot about Brock because after this episode the writers forgot he existed too.
    Last edited by ~Platinum~; 18th July 2010 at 4:57 AM.

I LOVED this episode, Dawn's first attempts to capture were FAIL, I liked Team Rocket, haha their attitude and that James got a Carnivine and that they got a chance to relax! Ash caught a Starly & Brock returned, that truck girl was hot, poor Brocky!

at the end Paul appears omg!!! a lot of things happened in DP2

10/10

I hope the destroying-the-main-female-character's-bike gag keeps going for years to come. My favorite gag in the show!

Ash hits a Starly with a Pokeball right between the eyes. Yeouch!

OH MY GOD! Burmy nudity!!! Everyone avert your eyes! Just kidding!

Does James really say the word "bloody"? I don't remember hearing him say it.

This has to be the only time I remember seeing Pikachu/Meowth get looked up on the Pokedex.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Carnivine must have gotten tired by sitting in its pokeball for so many years

This episode was ok... It was interesting to see the new animation of how a Pokeball reacts when trying to capture a Pokemon already owned. It was cool to see Carnivine for the 1st time, interesting how it was James' Pokemon. I'm glad he kept it with him. As expected by a beginning trainer, she battled and tried to capture 2 wild Pokemon but failed. It was cool to see Starly for the 1st time and Ash caught it. It was great to see a plant-cloak Burmy for the 1st time. Burmy is cute! It was cool to see Paul for the 1st time.

30/100

The second part. Again, mostly Dawn focused, but a bit more of Ash too.

Once again, fried bike. But this time, Dawn completely forgot after that.

James's Carnivine is funny, and Ash just caught Starly like some common 'Mon (which it is, but even Taillow had an epic episode to it)

In all, nice episode, but not as good as the ones before and after it.

James should know better than to leave his pokemon in its pokeball for so many years-- what am I talking about? He's in Team Rocket!

At least Ash was seen more in this episode than the last one. Naked Burmy was weird and hilarious.

Alright, episode 2 on my rewatch. I enjoyed the episode, it was pretty funny to see Dawn meet Team Rocket and also when Brock returns XD. And Pauld debuts here
    I give this episode a 10/10!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

lmao at Paul's debut. He's just standing there at the end with Elekid.

This episode also focuses mostly on Dawn. At least Ash got just enough screen time to catch Starly (now Staraptor). Staraptor is one of my favorite for Ash's pokemon.

And yeah, naked Burmy.

Wow, before anything, I'd like to note that Brock's voice is now distinctly that of a grumpy 40 year old man with constipation issues to me. Seriously, listen to him again, and tell me you think this was acceptable.

Frankly, I think it's terrible. What happened, Bill? >_>

Then, you have Ash, who sounds like he's become a chain-smoker and constipated all the same. Truly, this is the very definition of terrible voice acting.

Add to that Claudina who is apparently a trucker who can traverse water going across Pewter City to Sinnoh and has a hillbilly accent (thanks, TPCi) and you get this episode.

It's so bad that within the first 5 minutes I have a whole stack of complaints.

Ignoring Ash and Brock's simply terrible voices, Dawn and her mom Johanna, who sounds like a man, aren't much better. Professor Rowan sounds like he's got some major speech issues too.

Wow, this is just terrible. And people were saying this was better than BF's dub. Not a chance. In fact, I now want to go back to BF's dub, and by that I mean the earlier episodes, too.

Dub: 25/100

One of the worst episodes I have ever seen in this entire show's history. THAT's how much I hate it.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 13th June 2013 at 5:12 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Dawn got most of the focus in this episode, the bonding moments between her and Piplup were nice. Also, it's cool to see Ash catching a Starly.
    It was funny when Dawn sends her Piplup to battle Pikachu, but Pikachu defends himself with Thunderbolt and Destroys Dawn's bike. After she realizes that Pikachu belongs to someone, Team Rocket attacks Pikachu and tries to catch it. When Dawn helps Pikachu out. Team Rocket demands Pikachu from Dawn and he hids behind Dawn's leg. Then Pikachu-Piplup duo fights TR and Like always, they got blasted off.
    Brock reuniting with Ash was nice, It's funny how he was interested in the female driver Claudina, but only to found out she had a boyfriend. As expected ..... he tags alone with Ash on his journey. Then they continiued to search for Dawn and Pikachu.
    I liked Paul's appearance at the end.
    Overall this was a great episode, I really enjoyed it.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 14th August 2013 at 9:01 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Good thing pokémon is one of those shows where everyone is spectacularly lucky and everything always comes out right in the end. Or else pikachu has to go with team rocket. Again.
    I really need something to put here.

I like the scene when Hikari used a Zukan on Pikachu and Nyarh. As well as throwing a monster ball on Pikachu. I know this is going to fail but I have never seen a monster ball thrown at a trainers Pokémon in the anime. Too bad for the bicycle has to be electrocuted as what happened in AG. Hope the group will travel by bicycle some day.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456