Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Two Degrees of Seperation! (470)

Okay then...

-Dawn and Piplup's relationship, it's something else, I'll give them that. At least she knows a little more than May when she started out.
    -I said it when I saw the Japanese version months ago and I will say it again. Team Rocket actually seemed threatening for once when Dawn first sees them. The feeling lasted for only five seconds.
    -Giovanni's new voice was pretty good.
    -How sweet, they mentioned Victrebel. That's so sweet!
    -James's expression when seeing Jessebell was just so priceless! Poor sap!
    -After Claudina left Brock, I was so happy to hear that he wasn't going to start singing Gloria Gaynor's I Will Survive . Okay, that would have been idiotic, but it would have fit for Brock. But I was relieved when I saw that clip a little bit ago.
    -Paul's appearance...Whoop-de-friggin'-do! I really don't care at the moment about him, but I know plenty of people making sure that his voice doesn't suck. Eh.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

This episode was pretty good as well. I have to admit, I didn't like Paul at all before I actually saw him, but his voice just suits him to a T.

Is it just me, or does James say "bloody"? I'm sure he said "So that's why she doesn't know a bloody thing about us". I thought that was funny.

I also noticed that Giovanni had his weird echoy-like voice when he was talking on the screen like in early Kanto. It was a good voice though.

Paul seems like he'll be a good rival.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Is it just me, or does James say "bloody"? I'm sure he said "So that's why she doesn't know a bloody thing about us". I thought that was funny.
    Yeah, it made me laugh too, I don't know why, it just did.

- Giovanni made me laugh, since he can't even remember who they are, I guess after as many screw ups as TR had, you can either choose to forget, or think nothing of them.
    - There goes another bike that got destroyed by Pikachu, though I do love how Pikachu acted when she mentioned twice about her bike.
    - Aww, Pikachu looked so cute/scared when it was holding onto Dawn's leg.
    - Dawn and Piplup, their relationship is a funny one, and I agree with her mom, her and her pokemon were basically right for each other.
    - It was funny seeing James reaction to his parents and his wife to be coming, I would scared too, that wife to be is annoying.
    - Same old Brock, lol. Can't get a girl, but the whole "A man is gonna do it w/ or w/o a girl" or whatever he said, was funny.
    Favorite Quote:
    Mr.Moseby (to Zack and Cody) : All right, but I will get the both of you, and your little hawk too.
    - Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Quote Originally Posted by Medea View Post
    -Dawn and Piplup's relationship, it's something else, I'll give them that. At least she knows a little more than May when she started out.
    I'm glad she didn't say to use Babble or some other bad pun like Amber and Ember was with May and Torchic. Anybody notice that they didn't edit the mushroom when May made that mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Medea View Post
    Okay then...

-After Claudina left Brock, I was so happy to hear that he wasn't going to start singing Gloria Gaynor's I Will Survive . Okay, that would have been idiotic, but it would have fit for Brock. But I was relieved when I saw that clip a little bit ago.
    Yeah, I actually saw the clip online a few days before it aired and was glad to see what I consider one of the finer Brock moments this season to be the clip of choice for a teaser.
    I assume it was because they wanted to keep Dawn's new voice hush hush until the actual airing, but still it was fun to see.

Wow, this episode was full of a lot of good quotes. I really enjoyed this episode, it was funny throughout. Dawn was better in this episode than the first episode, and so was piplup. I still have to get used to her, but at least she's cute.

And then there's the introduction of Carnivine. I still don't like that ugly as sin plant pokemon, mostly because for a while we were only seeing it and not the loveable huggable Cacnea, but at least now both pokemon are being seen on a regular basis. I loved the reference to Victreebel in this episode too. I swear that's the first time a former Team Rocket pokemon has been mentioned in an episode. I also found an interesting Jessie/James parallel in this episode. Jessie already knew about Hoenn before they came there, but we never learned how apart from the expired contest pass she had in "All Things Bright and Beautifly". Here James already knows about Sinnoh, but at least it's explained right away that this was a summer home. I liked James's panic when he was told that his parents and Jessiebelle were on the way. LOL At least we got to see the real Giovanni in this episode too, and I thought his voice was pretty good. I liked when he was wondering who it was who called him. LOL

At least Ash and Team Rocket were there throughout the episode this time. I'm glad Brock finally came back too. I found it interesting that he got a ride from a female truck driver, and only later found out she had a boyfriend. I liked too when Brock told Ash that they'll go with or without a good woman at their side, and Ash says that's what he likes to hear. LOL Poor clueless Ash.

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode. 4/5
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

What did Paul say to Ash when they first met?

I think the writing is getting better. I still don't feel like watching every pokemon episode, but at least the "to be continued" stuff in this episode, (and the ones before and after it) was fresh. Don't know if it'll last though.

Yeah, as was mentioned, it annoys me how the intro was removed in Cartoon Network's version. You all realize also that Pokemon could still be scrapped?
    To digress, the very fact that there was a licensing overturn and that Pokemon is no longer broadcast on national tv (It along with yugioh is missing from my TV guide) is an omen of declining popularity.
    Here's the time-proven timeline potraying the death of cartoons:

National TV (WB/WPN...etc)==>Cartoon Network is a cable company with less income at it's disposal and always buys cheaper licenses (usually cult-clique anime or reruns like speed-racer, but in this case pokemon, a 10 year-old series)==>Cartoon Network eventually scraps Pokemon in the face of declining profits (franchise fatigue) to make room for new programs. Pokemon is taken off the air for good.
    Er-hem!...Congradulations, Ash, you and your pokemon are hall of famers!"

This episode has been one of the best so far of the dubbed Sinnoh episodes, as it actually had Team Rocket being intimidating, as Medea has already said, as they actually made some effort to hunt Pikachu themselves, on foot with their pokémon rather than using some elaborate machine, always a nice touch.

Also, Ash caught a Starly, enough said, it's a shame it's blatantly gonna get abused and only used rarely or for scouting, which really is a crying shame, it deserves a lot more than just that.

I liked the fact that Brock returned, though at first I thought 'greeat' when I read about the Japanese episodes, I'd gotten sick of Brock but, due to upcoming events, I've re-fallen in love with him once more, it was great how he returned also, with the woman he 'loved' who ACTUALLY had a boyfriend. One word: owned...

More Dawn and Piplup bonding was also great, I can't wait for future appearences by the two of them, I'm liking the both of the more and more each day...

9/10
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

Default Claudina

One can see what was it about Claudina that appealed to Brock. But poor Brock didn't realize that Claudina was driving a DUMP truck.

good episode i liked that ash caught a starly and i laughed about brock and the girl who had a boyfriend poor brock at least he got to meet up with ash again, And also team rocket did look imitading but only for a few seconds lol

I liked the part with Team Rocket in the cottage. It just seemed so realistic, but thankfully thye had to leave to follow the twerps. Did anyone catch how Jessie said the same thing about conquering Hoenn to the Boss, even though she already said it when entering the Battle Frontier. It was a bit sad to see their last Hoenn motto before the Sinnoh one.
    Credits to Roses are Red for this wonderful signature. Thank you tyranidos for this banner. Team Rocket's revolution is nigh.

Talking

Its quite a good episode. Pika runs away!

Best Friends Forever!!!

Good one, Hikari(Dawn)! Saving Ash's injured Pikachu is one good thing for you these days. Sometimes when I see the pictures of this episode, I see you winking at Pochama(Piplup) thinking that catching a Pokemon is important. This advice is perfect when you have a hard time getting a lot of Pokemon.

"Either you guys know each other or you're too friendly Brock!"

Wow that was simply an awesome dialogue, it had me in tears.

James has a Caravine looks like another vitorybell
    Oh brocks back and got shot down lmao
    Come on ash hurry up and find Pikachu
    Ohh that guy sounds kool aka Paul

Pokemon Ranger Dan
    The New Ranger From Hoeen
    That Was turned into a Pokemon once... Than Turned Back Into A Human To Become A Ranger.
    Styler Level: 33
    On Mission: 14: Get The Yellow Gem!
    Credits To Sweet May For The Banner

3 words: Piplup got owned.

I loved it XD

I loved Pikachu & Dawn interacting. It even hid behind her, aww!

Not so fond of James & Carnivine. It's a little unoriginal after Victreebel and Cacnea

WTF Brock and the girl in the truck... O_O I was a little scared there... thankfully, there wasn't much to worry about ^^
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

this episode was very good in my opinion, hm, i hope the next episode will be good as well:P

Team Rocket's expressions when Dawn said that she had never heard of them was priceless. I'm surprised at James though, saying such a word on a kid's show, tsk, tsk.

Carnivine was a good addition also.

I liked this one, and nice to know that James had an Caravine a long while ago
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Meh, it was OK for me.

It could have been alot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by aykay View Post
    everyone knows bugsy is the cutest girl in the pokemon universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by HookShot View Post
    Hi, Billy Mayes here with the brand-new Rapid Spin! Do you have Rock problems? Not anymore with Rapid Spin! With just the click of button and the spin of a body, the Rocks are gone! Wow look at them fly! Compare this to the leading brand of hazard removal, the Banhammer! While the Banhammer causes serious problems afterward, Rapid Spin stops the problem right at the root, and gives you the satisfaction of ruining your opponent's day! It's even available in many different fashionable styles! Like the Starmie! The Delibird! And even the Hitmonchan! So don't let those Rocks stop you anymore, its time to upgrade to the Rapid Spin! Call 1-800-RPD-SPIN today!

As a follow-up to my DP001 retrospective, chances are I won't be doing more than one re-review per day, and I'm not sure how many episodes I'll plow through before I decide it's enough. Anyways...

This thread has already gone down in forum history, and it is an episode that will live in infamy for those of us who enjoy running fanbase gags that don't involve 4chan. Additionally, it's also a good episode that picks up on the events of the series premiere nicely. Yes, it's all purposely recycled, from Hikari's bike getting incinerated to Pochama's disobedience to Hikari being an embarrassing capture novice (you'd think kids would be taught these things before setting out on their adventure). But it feels fresh nonetheless, with both Hikari's and Satoshi's plots building to their eventual meet-up.

I really appreciated having this three-part arc at the beginning, because honestly, just one episode is not long enough to establish an entire saga's characters and basic plot. We also get a brief glimpse at a lot of basic Sinnoh Pokemon, naked Burmy included. My only issue with this episode is the pacing, with many things being thrown in randomly, especially Kojiro randomly finding Maskippa's Pokeball and the retardation of one baby Mukkuru. While we have cherished that moment ever since, I would have liked a bit more focus on Satoshi's first Sinnoh capture. And of course, Takeshi's entrance is as anticlimactic as his character, but amusing all the same.

B
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 22nd May 2009 at 7:34 AM.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

good episode again, poor pikachu miss his trainer ^^

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast