Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: When Pokémon Worlds Collide (471)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubasa no Tenshi View Post
    Maybe he decieded that it still wasn't strong enough after watching it battle.

And Pikachu tieing with Elekid isn't so bad if you remember the fact that it was weakned by Team rocket a bit and wasn't at 100% of it's usual power.
    True. So the battle was a tie, well maybe we will see him with more permanint pokemon next time (I hope).

Ho-oh egg made by forretress master

The awesome Skarom made by Dark_Lugia!
    *If you want SG-1 to carry on for an 11th series add this to your signiture* Started by: MechaBulba.-I want it to, but unless the CW or something picks it up then it won't-.

I heard the reason Shinji released that Pokemon was to tick off Ash =[

Shinji=Badass
    Gary=Jerk
    I'm already starting to like DP.

That Shinji guy is a real jerk for thinking pokemon are only meant for battling. But I've got to admit is black pokedex was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cybercubed
    It's pretty depressing when Pikachu can barely beat an Elekid.

I wonder if the writers watch their own show anymore? Don't they remember Pikachu losing to Super Electabuzz in AG191? Don't they remember that Pikachu SHOULD be very powerful and it recently took out a legendary?

There is no excuse for this.
    Hello? Since when did the evo > pre-evo equation work in the anime world? For all we know, Shinji's Elekid could be as strong and experienced as Pikachu, but just chose not to evolve.

Pikachu has beaten a Raichu. That means Raichus can be weaker than Pikachus. And going by the same logic, even Elekids can be stronger than Electabuzz. Get my logic?
    MY BELIEFS
    - Globalization is a force for good. Saying that it is cultural imperialism is pure exaggeration. And yes, globalization does help poor and developing countries.
    - The Japanese prime minister should stop visiting the Yasukuni Shrine NOW.
    - Multinational corporations are heavily underrated. They truly deserve more love.
    - There is no god.

But Pikachu went to the Pokecenter before the battle, he was most likely healed.

umm does anyone know why hikari joined ash and brock for the journey? i hope it is not about the bike (again)
    Deadmau5 / YouTube / Shiny Toy Guns

pikachu losing to shedji isnt that bad sounding remeber volt tackle hurts the user and since it hit a wall (protect) pikachu was damaged alot
    Until we meet again.

At least D/P will have a decent rival that was sorely lacking in AG and a heel to boot

Eh I kinda have to lean with not liking the fact that Pikachu tied with Elekid. Or at least in the manner it did. We've seen Pikachu over the years take a whole lot more damage and get rocked harder than it has and won so to see it all the sudden become weak (again *sigh*) is kinda annoying at this point.

Other than that I think D/P is shaping up quite well. So far I've like the direction they are taking Hikari and Poochma and the fact Ash again has a good rival.

Saw it.

Shinji is bada**. He has 3 mukkuru and keeps the one who knows aerial ace and double team. He releases it though after the battle. A great start to DP, the writers have given Ash an awesome rival. At the end there rivalry is so intriguing I can wait to see them battle again.

Again Hikari and Poochama were great. She's a fan of Prof. Oak's poetry.

The battle was good.
    The bird fight was pretty much one sided, Shinji's knew better attacks.
    Aipom vs. Hikozaru also very good. Aipom gets its first win. That is Flamewheel right? Aipom whips it with a focus punch, lol.
    Pikachu vs. Elekid- Nice, Pikachu using two iron tails again is always good. The first one was to break Elekid's Thunderpunch and the second was to break the elekids jaw.lol
    Both fall down.

Ash has to develop more on his DEFENSE. Its twice now that Protect has been a good weapon against him, the writers should have him focus on how to increase his pokemon's defense and counter attacks like that. Just a thought.

Now for those saying Pikachu was already injured, I dont know about that. Im sure after TR blast off Brock says something about healing pikachu and poochama. Ofcourse healing at a pokemon center is more acceptable but Im not going to whine about it not being in perfect shape. Pikachu looked just fine.

What attack did Mukkuru use (Ash's) when stopping the TR Mech?

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    What attack did Mukkuru use (Ash's) when stopping the TR Mech?
    I think it was Gust or maybe whirlwind. It didnt really stop it, it just forced it back with the high wind.

Mukuru used the almighty Gust attack, like the Pidgeotto/Swellow/Pochama fusion it is.

Mukkuru losing against Mukkuru - alright, Shinji's knew better attacks and was more experienced
    Aipom winning against Hikozaru - good
    Pikachu tieing against Elekid - looks like Shinji's Elekid is just like Ash's Pikachu, so it's understandable

I noticed Ash is now....ACTION HERO ASH ONCE MORE!

Running up tentacles = Priceless.

Ash has to develop more on his DEFENSE. Its twice now that Protect has been a good weapon against him, the writers should have him focus on how to increase his pokemon's defense and counter attacks like that. Just a thought.
    Yeah hopefully Pikachu learns a defensive move this time around. The writers I think are going to have Ash learn that lesson about his strategy. One of the reasons why May left was because Scott and Brock noted in the May vs. Drew episode that Ash's overly offensive strategy isnt good for a coordinator and that May mimicked Ash's strategy. I think the writers have been emphasizing this all of the BF saga that he needs to be more defensive at times. The Gary and Shinji battle may finally drill it into his head.

Man, that was one mediocre battle.

But still, I'm starting to like Shinji. I mean, he's like the typical Pokemon elitist who is training EVs 24/7 and only accepts the perfect movesets for his pokemon.

Shinji better appear often, at any rate, I see Gary being shafted this season for Shinji.

I disliked the way Hikari decided to travel with Ash/Brock? Spur of the moment, much?

I also thought Hikari was fairly disappointing in this episode, how much can you lay it on that Hikari is another energetic girly girl? The fact that Ash/Brock didn't even mention May when Hikari said she wants to be a coordinator was beyond ridiculous.

Hikari has been a huge disappointment so far. The writers really need to learn how to differentiate their characters more. She is to May what Richie is to Ash, and it's quite a let down.

The battle was 'eh'.

Aipom kickin' *** was nice.

And Shinji seems to be like a good character - someone who only wants the best. Really throws a Silver vibe from the manga.

Anyways, yes -

SNK is here.

It is now.

That Elekid took steroids. That's why it was a tie.
    Koshiyo Tatoyo i O suYA Fool YO! YO!

I already dislike Shinji, the writer's have done a great job lol. I wanted Pikachu and ash to win though, how does a Regice beating, battle frontier champion Pikachu draw with a baby Pokemon? I would of though Ash would have the experience by now to use physical attacks on a electric Pokemon. I'm pleased that Aipom owned in it's battle though.
    w8279275091177072@wii.com

Pikachu never had particularly good success against Elekid/Eleboo/Elekible.

Didn't the episode also talk about Elekid powering up from absorbing the electricity or something? If Pikachu's Thunderbolt was good, then the better it was at the time the more it powered up Elekid.

So, Thunderbolt was useless.
    Volt Tackle was countered by Mamoru (er I mean Protect). Since it's D/P now, Volt Tackle 'should' be considered a physical component because it is an electrical tackle.
    All there is left is pretty much Quick Attack and Iron Tail (no! pull out the random kanto attacks like clawing, biting, and double-edge!)

Right, and Elekid fell to just about one Iron Tail for the most part.

The only thing I found stupid was the lack of a Quick Attack. Perhaps Satoshi did not use it due to how Mukkuru fell after using Quick Attack.

A small trainer to trainer battle like that could be considered a spar. Fainting could occur much sooner. Pikachu also had one too many adventures and battles prior anyways. It's emphasizing that Pikachu had limited endurance. It also probably didn't expect to battle until it actually occured (as opposed to a gym battle or a frontier match where battling is the only thing it is set out to do aside from cheering on). It could also just be tired. If BF when Pikachu used Volt Tackle, most of the time the battle ended.

Exhaustion does exist.

Mentioning Haruka was not needed. Why? They all just met. THEY ALL JUST MET. There were other things to deal with. Also, Satoshi and Takeshi don't know the terrain of Shinou, but Hikari knows more about the contests in the area and how some of them work probably (or what was hot there, or whatever). Mention Haruka? What for? The contesting system isn't even the same.

Stopping TR was highly exaggerated though. The mech had an odd weakness, but the damage was more reasonable than Pochama having unrealistic power, or any of the other pokemon for that matter. And yes, anyone could be amazed at ten years old seeing an older kid climb up a mech to save a pokemon. It would be completely unrealistic to have Hikari do that.

Mmm but it is nice to hear Speed Star! Sounds much better than Swift, lol.

Look at this another way, Takeshi was useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaba View Post
    And Shinji seems to be like a good character - someone who only wants the best. Really throws a Silver vibe from the manga.
    i felt the same way about him he reminds me so much of the GSC rival with his attitude, heck i wondered if thier related.

I dislike Shinji, but I think it's a great character anyway. could cause soem interesting episodes. the battle was nice.

mukkuru VS mukkuru: shinji's seemed to be better from the start, so it makes sense it lost.
    Hikozaru VS Aipom: finaly a win in a trainer battle for Aipom. I liked this one a lot.
    Elekid VS Pikachu: even though it seems weird Pikachu lost, it also makes sense. I mean, it looked fine and all, but it had to be exhausted.

I hope we'll see a lot more of shinji, I dislike his character so much...I like it
    Hikari and Pochama remain great...[(I]and not a May clone like a certain member claims her to be. get over yourself.[/I])

this episode was good...I say D/P had made a really good start.

the only real downside of this episode was the fact that I can't wait to play D/P, but I haven't had a lot of time to play yet...still have to get the first badge...
    In every generation there's a chosen one, she alone will stand against the vampires, the demons and the forces of darkness...she is the Slayer.

First pokemon after obtaining the national dex: Eevee

Member of the dutch Pokémon club - Co-owner of the U.S.A. club

Shinji is the best character in the anime in a long time. Like how he mistreats his pokemon, reminds me alot of silver from g/s/c.

Someone tell Serebii please that Shinji doesn't release his last Mukkuru after battling Ash! I saw the episodes and he didn't do that.

And NO, Ash's Pikachu didn't lose for Shinji's Elekid, 'cause this last one fainted at the same time as Pikachu did.

If you want, I can post the links for downloadin the episodes here, but you'll need Real Media to see it!

EDIT: Sorry, I was wrong about the part I said Shinji didn't release his last Mukkuru!!! ><'
    Last edited by Weav-vile; 1st October 2006 at 12:47 AM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast