View Poll Results: What GBA title best compliments D/P?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Emerald

29 59.18%
  • Fire Red

13 26.53%
  • Leaf Green

7 14.29%

Thread: Best GBA title to compliment D/P?

Default Best GBA title to compliment D/P?

Since it might be awhile before D/P hit the American shores, I figured I'd pick up one of the GBA games and get a head start. Based on what pokemon we know are available in D/P, what GBA game do you think would best compliment them when it's time to transfer?

Personally, I think it seems as if Emerald is the superior game, but the 1st gen remakes seem to have a lot more pokemon I prefer (Eevee, fossils, starters, etc). I'm also kind of drawn to the prospect of a smaller, simpler game, if only because I'm just tiding myself over until 4th gen.

What do you folks think?

Personally, I'm a fan of the 1st Gen remakes, only because I tooprefer most of the Kanto Pokemon. Though, that's not to say the other games don't have their share of awesome pokemon, I just prefer the older ones.

That being said, if you want the full options, like the contests and the control over breeding and the such, Emerald might be a better choice. I think what makes the games enjoyable is picking a version and meeting and trading with other people. Guess that's part of the charm of the Pokemon community.

Not sure if that helped, but it'll give you an idea on how to make your decision.Whatever you choose, you won't be disappointed.

Emerald is huge. I had a great time with my playthru throught it as I didn't know the traits and types and such of the most new pokes. It has slightly better graphics too, IMO.

LGFR is excellent, too! You should read reviews for more in depth info. If you get the 1st gen remakes get Leaf Green because it has better pokemon in my opinion
    LATIAS>LATIOS, LATIAS>YOU, GOLEM>LATIAS
    I'm getting so freaking annoyed of all the LOL LOOK I CAN EDIT MT TEXtXORS freaks I am leaving for a while. don't except to see me for some time. BTW why do you even have show signatures on?

Magikarp is good.
    CLONING POKEMON OR ITEMS IS CHEATING.

Where's Sapphire? Thats my vote.
    Hi guys.

I've got Charmanders, Bulbasaurs, Squirtles, and Cyndaquils ready to trade. Send me an offer if you'd like one.

i cant deciede between emerald & leaf green.

i love them both but i like the graphics on lg more aswell as the improved elite four but emerald has the cloning glitch and the battle frontier.

i'll say leaf green, just because of lorelei
    currently playing:
    final fantasy ii. red steel. kid icarus.

My vote goes to FR. It's pretty big, and the replay value is fairly high.

id have 2 say emrald 4 numerous reasons.. cloning.. and most importantly breeding! if u could.. id suggest gettin u 1 of teh 1st gen remakes aswell
    Rhymes's PokePet

Pochey the level 13 Pochama!

"ivs/evs/natures/breeding->things that tell me that pokemon is not only for kids"- well put mitja!

Either way you're going to get an exceptionally good game. I had an equal amount of fun playing through each game, but if I had to whittle it down to one, I'd go with FireRed. Red Version was the first game I ever bought, ever. Not just the first Pokemon game. So FireRed really brought back some memories for me.

I would actually recomend getting either Fr/Lg and a copy of Emerald.
    Check out MySuperPC

My Shinies
    Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

I'd reccomend getting emerald, I was immensly dissapointed with fire red when I beat it easily, emerald has the battle fronteir an actually challenge and I think hoenn is better anyway. what does fire red have ooh the sevii islands they sound interesting ah crap there not, nothing here.

I like Fire Red the best. I just like how it plays more than R/S/E. I can't explain it. It just works like that.
    My Favorite Pokémon

Emerald (and even Sapphire) > FireRed. The overall replayability, plus the clock and the ability to do contest stats (allowing you to get multiple Milotics/Espeons/Umbreons, something you can't do in FR/LG) make it better. Plus it's easier to get berries.

You should still get one of each, though, if you're trying for D/P. Just remember that the cloning glitch is useful.

i think its better to have an emerald and one of the 1st gen games (leaf green would be my suggestion) if you have the money to spare. if not, then just stick with emerald since its very extensive in terms of gameplay value.

yup.. Emerald first and foremost! but as said before if possible u should also get yourself a 1st gen remake as well
    Rhymes's PokePet

Pochey the level 13 Pochama!

"ivs/evs/natures/breeding->things that tell me that pokemon is not only for kids"- well put mitja!

If I'm not terribly interested in growing berries, the battle frontier, and I'm against the idea of cloning, would anyone still recommend me Emerald? How severely different is the breeding between R/S/E and FR/LG?

I played Emerald, but didn't really like the R/S/E series. I dunno, it seemed like they were stretching it on some of the Pokemon (Plusle/Minun looked awfully familiar). More because I played the first gen when I was younger, and am in love with that series. The additions they made to the R/B games (FR/LG) were great, too. I'd suggest either one of those two.

then probably you shouldnt because those are the main reasons that make the game worthwile apart from the new johto pokemon that are available in the new safari zone area, which opens once you beat the e4.

about breeding, its still pretty much the same but there are new factors that can affect the breeding such as a female or ditto holding an everstone to possibly give its offspring the same nature. another one is when you have a pokemon in your party with the magma armor or flame body while youre hatching the egg, the number of steps required to hatch it is halved.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jkun View Post
    If I'm not terribly interested in growing berries, the battle frontier, and I'm against the idea of cloning, would anyone still recommend me Emerald? How severely different is the breeding between R/S/E and FR/LG?
    You don't need to grow berries if you don't like to. You don't even have to visit Battle Frontier. Cloning is stupid. But, Emerald still wins the fight just by having Pokemon Contests, Secret Bases and Johto Pokemon Safari Zone. Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen are all great, but Emerald has more of "everything":, more Pokemon, longer and more interesting adventure and overall better gameplay (IMO).

I do like my Emerald verision, but overall I would have to recommend Fire Red. The 1st gen remakes are nice especially now that they have player's choice releases for only $20 versus Emerald's $35. I had a blast playing through my remake since it really took me back to my old blue version. Fire Red will also allow you to catch wild Elekids in D/P, which are the only way to get Elekibble due to the electrobooster.

I would recommend Emerald, but if your not into the BF then probably LeafGreen, because you like the Pokemon in it.
    I, personally, had more fun with Emerald then my Ruby and LeafGreen because the Battle Frontier takes a long-long time to do so it doesn't get boring and you have to restart.
    Thank you, God of War for this awesome Trainer Card!
    Thanks goes to Burninator and Pokewiki (For the pictures) for this great banner!

I own Emerald, and I love it, great compliment to D/P. However you are right, the 1st gen remakes are good. I think you should get all 3. Maybe not all at once, but gradually. Emerald first, of course.
    >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by BattlePikeKing140 View Post
    I own Emerald, and I love it, great compliment to D/P. However you are right, the 1st gen remakes are good. I think you should get all 3. Maybe not all at once, but gradually. Emerald first, of course.
    I agree, since you need FR to get Eletrabuzz's evelution, and LG to get Magmar's
    A proud member of:SPPf Christian Alliance

When I asked Jesus how much he loved me, he said "This much."
    Then he stretched out his arms...and died for me.

Click so they hatch and grow:

I think FireRed best comliments D/P.

emerald - good playing , rare pokemons , pokemons from other generations , battle frontier etc ...
    Hello im frenky
    favourite games : Emerald , Fire red
    favourite pokemon : ALL
    i play pokemon games on PSP (psp GBA emulator) and im fan of anime, sorry for my bad english