Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Inheritance Club

Default The Inheritance Club

[IMG]http://i28.*******.com/9qh4rk.png[/IMG]

Welcome to the Inheritance Club! This club is dedicated to the Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini, set in the magical world of Alagaësia.The books are Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and a fourth book which is still yet to come. Here, you can discuss the plot, characters, events, etc. to your heart's content. You may post your own series-related art here if you wish. If you want me to put it up here, just ask. All fans are welcome to join!

RULES&GUIDELINES:

The first time you break a rule, I will give you a warning. The second time, you'll be banned for 1 day. After that, the bans keep piling up. So, if you break a rule and return after your 1 day ban, then break another rule, you get a 2 day ban. And so on.

1. All forum rules apply.
    2. When in doubt, use a spoiler tag. To make a spoiler, press the 'SPOIL' button on the editing box. (Next to the IMG200 button)
    3. Respect other opinions and views.
    4. You can make a new topic at any time, but make sure it has something worth discussing.
    5. Feel free to speculate on the fourth book, but if you have any confirmed news about it, please put it in spoilers and include a link to your source.
    6. If I give you a warning, or if a co-owner gives you a warning, listen to us.
    7. If you hate the books, then by all means, leave. No bashing people who think differently.

MEMBERS:
    To become a member, all you need is an interest in this series. Just post saying you want to join, and I'll add you to the member list.
    NOTE: If you are a member, we'll assume that you've read Eragon already or at least are close to finishing it. I don't expect members to put spoilers for Eragon for this reason, else there will be little to talk about :/ So basically, the only rule for becoming a member is to have read at least some of Eragon. I won't hold it against you if you haven't, but be careful.

Spoiler:- MEMBERS LIST:

CLUB ACTIVITIES:

Once you become a member, you can partake in various club activities.
    - Take the quiz here and see which Eragon character you are most like. Then, post your results.
    - Think you know all there is to know about the series? Test your knowledge with the trivia quiz! The quiz may have some spoilers for the first two books, but they don't reveal anything big.

Note: most of these activities are taken from the official website of the author. I do not own any of the content of these activities, I am only linking to them.

Spoiler:- DISCUSSION TOPICS:

OFFICIAL CLUB ARTWORK:
    Show your support for the Inheritance Club by putting these in your signature! You don't have to give credit for these, just copy and paste the codes into your signature. Just don't claim them as your own work.
    [IMG]http://i27.*******.com/2i763hx.png[/IMG]
    HTML Code:
    [URL="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=10379527"][IMG]http://i27.*******.com/2i763hx.png[/IMG][/URL]
    [IMG]http://i29.*******.com/2dqna81.png[/IMG]
    HTML Code:
    [URL="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=10379527"][IMG]http://i29.*******.com/2dqna81.png[/IMG][/URL]
    [IMG]http://i27.*******.com/11imo10.png[/IMG]
    HTML Code:
    [URL="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=10379527"][IMG]http://i27.*******.com/11imo10.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Have fun!
    Last edited by Mrs. Lovett; 6th September 2009 at 4:27 PM.

The story of Professor Rowan - Chapter 42 is up!

Other Works:
    Cave GuardianCheaterContestsMaids
    Author's ProfileFanFiction Profile

Woo, club's approved! Feel free to join at any time, I'll be working on a club banner :P

Other Works:

Hey! I'm joining for sure! Can't wait to see the banner!

Favorite spell? Brisingr. Definitely
    Legends: Rhydon, Hollow Abyss, Hikari, oske, Tobi, VTP, Icosahedron, sama-medaton

Welcome to the club, Phendrona! I added your name to the list. My turn to answer some topics:

What got you interested in the Inheritance series?
    I bought the book Eragon in a book fair a few years ago. I read it, but I assumed that there would be no more books in a long time, so I let it sit on my shelf for a while. Then, I heard about a new book called Eldest, and went to get it. I've been hooked ever since, and bought Brisingr on the first day it came out here.

What is your favorite spell in the Ancient Language? Why?
    I'd have to agree on Brisingr. It has a great wording, and it's short and simple.

I also thought of a new topic: What were your thoughts on Brisingr?
    (Be sure to put your answer in spoilers, because some people might not have read this book yet.)

Spoiler:- My answer:

Other Works:

Might as well answer some more questions:

Well, I Joined AQ forums. It was my first forum. I was mainly in the clubs section, where I was a member of "The Dragon Rider's club". I didn't know about The Inheritance series then, but the idea of being a dragon rider was exciting and awesome for me. I later learnt that the club was based on the series (they didn't make it obvious), and I wanted to read it right away. It's a great series that I'm very happy I read.

What were your thoughts on Brisingr?
        Spoiler:- Brisingr thoughts:

Can I make a new topic? :

Have you read any of the books in the Inheritance series more than once? If so, how many times?

I read Eragon and Eldest two times before I read Brisingr. I've only read Brisingr once, but I'll probably make an effort to read it when I get the final book (whenever it comes out).
    Last edited by Phendrona; 29th August 2009 at 3:39 AM.
    Legends: Rhydon, Hollow Abyss, Hikari, oske, Tobi, VTP, Icosahedron, sama-medaton

Hi, may I please join? I've been a fan of this series since about February or so, but I didn't get to read the first book since the person my school reading it took a long time and it like wasn't in the library. I've recently finished Eldest and am gonna read Brisingr after I finish Pendragon Book 10. While I can, I'll answer some topics.

Basically what I said above. I got Eragon at a Public Library and not my schools and it also came with Eldest, but I got Eldest separate. I wanted to read the series because two of my friends read it and liked it. (one is done with Brisngr and I don't know if the other finished it)

Brisingr, because it's easy to understand and probably one of the only words I can actually say in the ancient language. Plus, Book Three was named after it!

Who is your favorite character? Why?
    Murtagh. He just seems so cool.    Spoiler:- Eldest Spoiler:

What are your hopes/theories about the last book?
    My hopes is that it's good. Whatever color the dragon is, it may be Galbatorix's dragon, which I think may be black. Also, maybe after Eragon beats Murtagh, he faces King Galbatorix and during the battle, Murtagh helps Eragon, because somehow the spell on Murtagh from Galbatorix weakened.

Oh my god. I was just on Shur'tugal.com and there was very shocking news. It was about a Third Q&A with Christopher Paolini and they could POSSIBLY be a fifth book. I don't know what it's about, but I'm more concerned about Book Four. Anyway, just thought I'd point that out. Shur'tugal.com is a reliable website for the Inheritance Cycle.
    Last edited by Shadow XD001; 29th August 2009 at 1:35 PM.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

Shadow XD001: welcome to the club! Don't worry, no one's gonna spoil the ending of Brisingr to you. Just be careful of what we put in SPOILER tags :P Take your time reading it, though. It's a great book.

I agree with what you said in your spoiler.
        Spoiler:- A spoiler of my own:

Oh my god. I was just on Shur'tugal.com and there was very shocking news. It was about a Third Q&A with Christopher Paolini and they could POSSIBLY be a fifth book. I don't know what it's about, but I'm more concerned about Book Four. Anyway, just thought I'd point that out. Shur'tugal.com is a reliable website for the Inheritance Cycle.
    Gahh! I personally hope there isn't :/ I'm already on my toes waiting for the release of the fourth book, and I'm not sure how long Christopher Paolini is gonna keep milking the moment >:0 (I know he has to write it first, but I'm still very excited for it!)

I actually found a good website for all your Inheritance questions. Be warned, it contains a lot of spoilers for the books. There's also a little section where it gives a list of the possibilities for the fourth book. It's actually quite interesting, but I think you should read Brisingr first.

Click at your own risk!
    Last edited by Mrs. Lovett; 29th August 2009 at 10:45 PM.

Other Works:

I'm definitely not reading that link. I don't want anything spoiler for me.

Spoiler:- My theories:

Spoiler:- My theories:

Also a new topic: What do you think will become of Shruikan after all this madness ends?
        Spoiler:- My answer:

Other Works:

I'm NOT clicking the link until I finish Brisingr (and get it) My parents went to the mall with me and my bro and we also went to Walden Books and saw Brisingr. I was like, "Dad, can I get it?", He said, "No, why don't you get it at the Library?" i was annoyed, yes, but whatever. I'm almost done with Pendragon, then I'll rush over to the Library and claim my prize.

What do you think will become of Shruikan after all this madness ends?
    Since he was cursed by Galbatorix with black spells, the spells will probably end with gone after Galbatorix dies. (or maybe Eragon will spare is life???????) Anyway, the same thing happened in Book 1. The Urgals were being controlled by Durza and when he died, they became good because the spell died off with Durz dying. (not really a spoiler since you should have at least read Book 1 to join here, or be close to finishing)

Claimed Pokémon:

I agree with your theory on Shruikan Hikari (Mrs. Lovett )

And good choice not clicking out of curiosity. Trust me, you'll regret it.

Hope more members join!

I'm in! Fave series of books by the way!

I Like Dragons...

Brisingr. Because I LOVE fire.

I can't say. Roran, Eragon probably. Because they're the mian characters really.

I Don't know why, but for some reason I don't like the idea of Arya becoming a Rider, even though it's probably the most obvious and most likely possibility.

I don't know why, but I SO want Roran to become a Rider, even though it would just be a little weird for them if Saphira and Green egg mate.

Mutargh. I got some doubts about him, but my hope is that he becomes on the good side, even if it is an unlikely eventuality.

Welcome, Proby3! It's interesting how everyone who joined picked Brisingr as their favorite spell :P

Since he was cursed by Galbatorix with black spells, the spells will probably end with gone after Galbatorix dies. (or maybe Eragon will spare is life???????) Anyway, the same thing happened in Book 1. The Urgals were being controlled by Durza and when he died, they became good because the spell died off with Durz dying. (not really a spoiler since you should have at least read Book 1 to join here, or be close to finishing)
    I hope Eragon will spare Shruikan's life... For some odd reason, I just do.

I remember the day I got Brisingr... I bought it at a bookstore, and it took all my willpower NOT to look on the next page to see what would happen next. I used to do that with a lot of books, but I promised myself I wouldn't do that with this series... D:

Other Works:

can i join? right now im halfway through brisingr
    What got you interested in the series?
    My friend was reading them
    What is your favorite spell in the ancient language?
    ill be different than everyone and say its jierda its cool to just break stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Edge Master View Post
    can i join? right now im halfway through brisingr
    What got you interested in the series?
    My friend was reading them
    What is your favorite spell in the ancient language?
    ill be different than everyone and say its jierda its cool to just break stuff
    Of course you can join. Welcome!
    While you're still halfway through Brisingr, you should steer clear of some of the spoilers here.

Guys, I'm currently working on a button for those of you who want to advertise the club in your signature. Feel free to make your own graphics too!

Other Works:

No, when I said Eragon might spare his life, I meant Galbatorix. There is a .1 % chance of that happening.

Guess what? Another failed attempt to get Brisingr! I rode my bike with my bro (Torpoleon here), and my parents and we went to the Library, and my bro got two books. I was hoping to get Brisingr because I just really wanted to read it. It was really weird because I see it there, but guess what? It's in Spanish! I know it comes in different languages, but come on! They have English copies, but other people had them (unfortunately) and it's not like all of the people in the U.S. know Spanish. (I know some, but not enough for a 700 paged book)

The closet one coming back Sept. 10th, more waiting...... Hopefully, I'll be done with Pendragon.....

Has something like this happened to you with the Inheritance Cycle. (this is still talking about the Inheritance Cycle)
    Last edited by Shadow XD001; 30th August 2009 at 11:16 PM.

Claimed Pokémon:

Eragon. He's the main character, so why not?

And I can't see Roran becoming a Dragon Rider. He can't use magic.

Whos your favorite character?
    probably Roran. hes just awesome with that nice hammer of his. too bad he probably wont be a rider though. and i bet aria wont be either its too obvious. but she would make a good rider i bet

No, when I said Eragon might spare his life, I meant Galbatorix. There is a .1 % chance of that happening.
    Oooh. Well, there's definitely a greater chance of him sparing the dragon's life rather than the king's.

This actually gives me an idea for a new topic: What if Eragon does spare Galbatorix's life? What would make him do so? What do you think Eragon would do next? Would he make him right his wrongs, if that's even possible?

And that really sucks about the Brisingr-failing-to-get. No, this has never happened to me while buying any books.

And I can't see Roran becoming a Dragon Rider. He can't use magic.
    True, when Eragon asked him to train with the pebble, nothing happened to Roran. But in the fourth book Roran might get a sudden outburst of magic, though it's unlikely.

Other Works:

I could imagine Roran becoming a Rider in the Fourth Book. Judging by what you said, he couldn't use Magic in the Third Book. Eragon couldn't use magic in the First Book. That was before he found Saphira's egg and when he touched he got the gedwey ignasia. (you know, that mark on a Rider's hand, signifying the Dragon in there wants that person to be their Rider)

So, if Roran touched the egg he might get the gedwey ignasia! There's not a good chance of that, but you never know.

What if Eragon does spare Galbatorix's life? What would make him do so? What do you think Eragon would do next? Would he make him right his wrongs, if that's even possible?
    It's possible. He could take away his magic powers (if possible) and throw him in prison until he learns his lesson.

Claimed Pokémon:

Hey, can i join? I've been following the series since about 2 months before the release of Eldest.
    I wanted a new book to read, and i've always loved dragons. So naturally, the cover caught my attention, and i've loved them since then.

i can't really remember any, but the one the Elves weave to bring Du Weldenvarden to life is probably my favourite. What can be better than giving nature a helping hand?

The Ra'zac, they just sound really cool and interesting. And i felt sorry for them being the last members of their race, the riders where wrong to drive them to extinction, yes they killed humans but humans kill rabbits. Does that mean the Riders should kill them? The Ra'zac where just doing what nature intended.

i try not to theorise too much about the last book, as i don't want to possibly spoil anything for myself.
        Spoiler:- Brisingr:
    Last edited by Gren Draco; 1st September 2009 at 1:31 AM.
    I'd put "Sig under construction".
    But i'd probably get banned, again.

Gren Draco, welcome to the club! Although...
        Spoiler:- Put this in spoilers, it contains info on Brisingr's ending:

Other Works:

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lovett View Post
    Gren Draco, welcome to the club! Although...
        Spoiler:- Put this in spoilers, it contains info on Brisingr's ending:
        Spoiler:- Brisingr:
    I'd put "Sig under construction".
    But i'd probably get banned, again.

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

For those of you who bought Brisingr, did any of you get the Brisingr Extras CD? It has a conversation with Christopher Paolini in it. It's just so weird listening to them pronounce the names of the characters when I have totally different ways of saying them. Saphira is supposed to be pronounced 'Suh-fear-uh' but I pronounce her name 'Suh-f-eye-ruh'. Arya is supposed to be pronounced 'Ah-ree-uh', but I say it 'Ar-eye-uh'. :P

Other Works:

i got those extra CDs out of the library. im glad that i pronounced everything how they did so it wasnt too confusing
    man its so tempting to look at those spoilers. at least im almost done with Brisingr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast