Page 102 of 106 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 2643

Thread: ~The Golden Summit!~

Well, what do you mean by preparing for breeding? AR? Because it's annoying as always.
    I claimed Raikou as my bishie!

Spoiler:- Member, Credit and FC:

Arceus Glitch!!!

Zelda phantom hourglass SUCKED! What was bellum? Just unbelievable how simple, pffff. Needs a better version. BTW, PM me for a wifi battle.

Yes!! A copy of pokemon XD is mine finally!! You know, I actually kinda like this game, even though the music in the beginning was getting annoying cause I couldn't find that Jovi, or whatever girl. Oh well, I don't have a memory card yet, so none of my progress will be saved, so I'll have to work on getting one so I can officially get started.

Quote Originally Posted by nevada11 View Post
    Holy crap, this is still alive o_O?
    yes its still alive,lol

it wasnt easy actually i got infracted i think 2-3 times trying o get people to post. but thankfully someone managed to poat and that got other people talking we also didnt want to see this place go down. hopefully when other member come back and see this on the first section of the club section they might just start posting again. =D
    Last edited by Falco320; 31st December 2008 at 5:51 PM.

^credit to Sandslashtaggerung^
    Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

Default Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone! Thanks for keeping the place up and going! ^^ I don't know if you'll see more of me next year, or not, but hopefully yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Expert Evan
    well my next attempt at the emerald battle factory shall be tomorrow when I expect to be at the airport or on the airplane going away for a week. If I do get gold, I'll be sure to post the battle record on youtube, so wish me luck. Hopefully the odds of winning will be better than the Detroit Lions ever winning a football game.
    Don't give up, EE! At this point, you're beyond "due" for a win! o.o'

And, thanks a lot, for all the posting and encouragement, Falco. =)

Wishing you all a Happy New Year! =D

Wishing an 'early' happy new year to everyone, WoW, everyone is coming out in here from the woodworks!! Cool!! It's good to see everyone. I don't know if I'll post later, so I'm doing one now just in case. And gook luck on the battle factory EE!! I'll will definitely be waiting to see that video.

Wow, its good to see life still in this club!

Happy NY to all golden summit-ers, and good luck to Evan. It would be awesome if you finally completed your 'quest'. Unfortunately I dont have anything substantial to say about my battling, as any plans will be put on hold until at least platinum. I may come back to battling for the platinum frontier, but I will likely focus on chaining.

Front Page'd!!!

Er... hello, how are you?

I got hit out of a Pike battle... I don't remember how it went, but it certainly wasn't in my favor.

Now at 2 wins, going for 10. I need my symbol.
    Regigigas will rule the world! after he finishes his 5 million year nap...

nice to see that everyone is posting. =D and we actually got nevada11, absol 20/20, and shiny crobat. =D

Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

Oh man, I can't believe how hard it is just to obtain a memory card for gamecube!!! I guess those consoles aren't being made anymore along with the nintendo wifi wireless USB connector either... What a shame... I've looked at all local gaming areas (gamestops) and even on the web, which I really don't want to get it from the web, and wait for one. Heck, I don't even know how to buy things online with my credit card anyways... Oh well, I might break down to the internet again, but currently, the search continues!!

Quote Originally Posted by Champion Jared 14 View Post
    Oh man, I can't believe how hard it is just to obtain a memory card for gamecube!!! I guess those consoles aren't being made anymore along with the nintendo wifi wireless USB connector either... What a shame... I've looked at all local gaming areas (gamestops) and even on the web, which I really don't want to get it from the web, and wait for one. Heck, I don't even know how to buy things online with my credit card anyways... Oh well, I might break down to the internet again, but currently, the search continues!!
    lol, i still have my memory card. anyways who is getting ready for pokemon showdown?

Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

Wow, I'm surprised this club is still kicking. To be honest, I don't know when's the last time I posted here... o_O

Anyway, I gotta prepare myself once Platinum comes out. For the record, one day, I was bored, and I managed to catch the legendary trio with these IV's:

Azelf
    Nature: Timid
    EV's: 50 HP, 244 Sp.Atk, 216 Spd
    HP: 29
    ATK: 2
    DEF: 17
    SP.ATK: 21
    SP.DEF: 26
    SPD: 31

One of my most prized competitive legendaries ever (despite 21 IV's in Sp.Atk). 301 HP at level 100 to endure another S-Toss hit from incoming Blisseys. Go me.

Mesprit
    Nature: Bold
    HP: 26
    ATK: 1
    DEF: 29
    SP.ATK: 14
    SP.DEF: 12
    SPD: 29

Not too impressive, I guess...but I got tired of soft-resetting...

Uxie
    Nature: Bold
    HP: 24
    ATK: 4
    DEF: 23
    SP.ATK: 26
    SP.DEF: 26
    SPD: 31

Yet another one of my most prized legendaries. Plus, it's untouched.

Anyway...that's all I gotta say...for now.

(P.S.: If only if there was a cloner for these...)

huh talking about IVs I wanna show the TriAttack Togepi I just got =p

Togepi - #175 (Mild)
    HP: 6
    Att: 31
    Def: 12
    SpA: 31
    SpD: 1
    Speed: 31

Defensive IVs sucks badly, and the Nature doesn't collaborate much too, but for a Choiced sweeper, it's decent enough! SR for Tri Attack Togepi is annoying, you have to keep using the Scents to find out the Nature most of the times and there's that chance of Hustle vs Serene Grace. well, I'm happy with it. I can even try a Choice Band one Mixed even with +S.atk nature. Well, at least a trophy it is =p

...huh yeah, Champion Jared made me want play Pokémon X.D. for the third time =p
    If you have any questions tell me ok! ... when you get the Memory Card... hope you find one.

And yes! GS is back =)
    countdown to Platinum's release date.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

Default Breaking News: don't want to miss this

Expert Evan's Emerald game now has the 7th and final gold symbol after almost 3 years since getting the previous gold.

So here's a recap from when battle factory got to 21 wins before: was able to make successful swaps for jynx (lovely kiss, attract, substitute, dreameater), shuckle (double team, toxic, substitute, ????) and hariyama as hariyama usually got the job done.

So as we were waiting for our plane at Kennedy airport on New Year's eve, my son started playing the emerald battle factory as we had to remind each other that dragon claw was a special attack while shadow ball was physical, and he was successfully able to make it to 28 wins with a starting team of snorlax, umbreon & lanturn as I don't recall there being any swaps. I believe there may have been at least one close call but was always able to make it through the end.

At the start of rounds 29-35 was an abundance of legendaries and strong pokemon to choose from as the starting team was latias (special sweeper), regirock (herb-sweeper) & metagross. latias dominated most the matches though few swaps included metagross for salamence, and regirock for dusclops.

So #36 was where my previous streak had ever ended, and my son still kept going. So latios (thunderwave, recover, calm mind, dragon claw) was an easy choice, and among the starters, (meganium, blastoise, typhlosion & one other) meganium was another easy choice after we saw that it had the annoying moveset of substitute, leech seed, grasswhistle & double team, and final choice was the same adamant snorlax from rounds 22-28 with curse, double edge and few other physical moves. At the beginning it looked like another hax as foe dodrio got in a few critical hits. I walked away at first not wanting to see a possible disappointment though when I came back a few minutes later, meganium had already setup on a foe charizard as it needed to avoid getting hit from any fire blasts at least. So after that match, my son was able to get a few more in before boarding the plane as match #38 had meganium already sucking the life out of a scizor. So there were 4 more matches to go, for the gold, just win 4 more matches. Shortly after the plane made its departure, the final 4 went underway, and latios had no trouble setting up and dominating most the matches. I don't recall if there were any swaps as I may have recalled seeing a regirock up against steelix, or was that from any of the matches from #29-#35, can't seem to recall.

Finally, the re-match with Noland after I last easily beat him over 3 years ago with breloom would now go underway. First up was latios against his meganium. I recall all other meganiums besides the sub-seed set were quite bad, so latios started with a thunderwave, then proceeded with 3 calm minds while meganium did endure and only got in one poor flail before latios started to sweep with dragon claw (a special attack in emerald). Next up is houndoom whom goes first with a non-stab physical attack shadow ball which does not do half-damage to latios before it gets OHKO'd by dragon claw. Final pokemon to face was hariyama as latios went first with dragon claw for the OHKO to secure the win. Once hariyama went down did we realize that the emerald game finally accomplished what seemed to be frustratingly impossible for the past 3 years, and all on New Year's eve.

Since we kept the battle record of the Gold symbol match, expect a youtube video of it to come soon.

I can now finally join my co-owners as now having 7 gold symbols along with the gold shield.

Expect a youtube video coming soon as I'm sure there may be some interesting comments to be posted there.
    Last edited by Expert Evan; 8th January 2009 at 12:43 PM.

That's awesome Evan! Really congratulations on the deserved 7th gold symbol! And sure I'm waiting the YouTube video!
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

That's GREAT! Super-long-awaited-congratulations! ^_^ *joins Volteon and others waiting for YouTube video* =D

Default EE's battle frontier gold parties

Without further due, but might end up redoing due to poor video quality, here's the battle factory gold match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU4Xw6m6lCc

Anyways, here's an update of my battle frontier on how I got all 7 gold symbols:

1. Battle Pyramid: Milotic defeated moltres with surf
    2. Battle Pike: Slaking defeated gyarados with aerial ace
    3. Battle Arena: Gardevoir defeated breloom with psychic
    4. Battle Dome: Slaking defeated metagross with earthquake
    5. Battle Palace: Blissey defeated suicune with seismic toss
    6. Battle Tower: Starmie defeated snorlax with surf
    7. Battle Factory: Latios defeated hariyama with dragon claw

Battle Dome rematch: Shedinja defeated metagross with shadow ball
    Battle Tower rematch 1: Swampert defeated snorlax with earthquake
    Battle Tower rematch 2: Salamence defeated snorlax with brick break

1. Battle Pyramid gold team
    slaking, adamant, truant, holding choice band, flawless attack, EV: 6 hp, 252 attack/speed
    - return
    - shadow ball
    - earthquake
    - aerial ace

metagross, adamant, clear body, holding focus band, flawless hp/attack/speed, EV: 252 attack/speed, 6 hp
    - meteor mash
    - earthquake
    - rock slide
    - explosion

milotic, bold, marvel scale, holding scope lens, wonderfully outstanding, forgot IVs/EVs
    - surf
    - ice beam
    - hypnosis
    - recover

2. Battle Pike gold team
    Starmie, modest, holding petaya berry, flawless sp.att/speed, EV: 252 sp.att/speed, 6hp
    - surf
    - ice beam
    - thunderbolt
    - psychic

metagross, holding lum berry (same as battle pyramid)
    - meteor mash
    - earthquake
    - rock slide
    - explosion

slaking, holding choice band (same as battle pyramid)
    - return
    - shadow ball
    - earthquake
    - aerial ace

3. Battle Arena gold team
    Heracross, adamant, guts, holding focus band, flawless attack/speed, EV: 6HP, 252 attack/speed
    - megahorn
    - brick break
    - earthquake
    - rock slide

gardevoir, modest, traced gengar's levitate, holding leftovers, flawless sp.att/speed/sp.def, EV: 6HP, 252 sp.att/speed
    - psychic
    - thunderbolt
    - calm mind
    - fire punch

slaking, adamant, truant, holding choice band, flawless attack/speed, 29 HP, 28 defense, 25 sp.def, 9 sp.att, EV: 6 hp, 252 attack/speed
    - return
    - shadow ball
    - earthquake
    - focus punch

4. Battle Dome gold team
    slaking, holding choice band (same as battle Arena)
    - return
    - shadow ball
    - earthquake
    - focus punch

metagross, holding lum berry (same as battle pyramid & pike)
    - meteor mash
    - earthquake
    - rock slide
    - explosion

Starmie, holding petaya berry (same as battle pike)
    - surf
    - ice beam
    - thunderbolt
    - psychic

5. Battle Palace gold team
    Starmie, naive, natural cure, holding brightpowder, flawless sp.att/speed, 252 sp.att/speed, 6hp
    - surf
    - ice beam
    - thunderbolt
    - recover

metagross, naughty, clear body, holding lum berry, flawless attack/speed, 252 attack/speed, 6 hp
    - meteor mash
    - earthquake
    - shadow ball
    - double team

blissey, bold, natural cure, holding leftovers, flawless sp.def, EV: 252 HP/defense, 6 sp.def
    - seismic toss
    - aromatherapy
    - softboiled
    - toxic

6. Battle Tower gold team
    Salamence, adamant, holding choice band, flawless attack/speed, EV: 252 attack/speed, 6 hp
    - double edge
    - earthquake
    - aerial ace
    - brick break

Snorlax (shiny), calm (I know should've been careful), holding leftovers, flawless defense, EV: 252 hp/sp.def, 6 defense
    - curse
    - rest
    - shadow ball
    - return

Starmie, modest, holding brightpowder, flawless sp.att/speed, EV: 252 sp.att/speed, 6hp
    - surf
    - ice beam
    - thunderbolt
    - psychic

7. Battle Factory gold team
    latios, modest, holding brightpowder, EV: 170 HP/defense/sp.def (#846)
    - thunderwave
    - calm mind
    - dragon claw
    - recover

meganium, calm, holding leftovers, EV: 170 HP/defense/sp.def (#541)
    - substitute
    - leech seed
    - grasswhistle
    - double team

snorlax, adamant, holding quick claw, EV: 255 attack/defense (#748)
    - curse
    - double edge
    - shadow ball
    - brick break

(last 3 pokemon info courtesy of http://www.upokecenter.com/games/eme...bfpokemon.html )
    Last edited by Expert Evan; 7th January 2009 at 7:45 PM.

Volteon, did you ever check whether you were able to obtain Hustle or Serene Grace ability yet (after pal parking them to D/P) for your Togepi?

And congratulations, EE! You have achieved the (near) impossible...maybe you could stand up against the Platinum Battle Frontier after all. I'll be looking forward to your video...

Oh, and EE, you're a cloner, right? If I remember correctly from your Smogon thread...

Yes that is true that I'm a cloner in D/P as I use an AR for that.

Anyways, that reminds me, my 42 wins in the Single Battle Factory Open lands me in a tie at 9th on the rankings which I wasn't sure if that topic is even still open. Link = http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=161954

Uncertain when we'll attempt to continue the streak as that all seems unimportant now. I'll probably return back to the battle frontier for whenever I need more battle points for certain move tutors as I can at least use the bettor guy to help boost my points.
    Last edited by Expert Evan; 7th January 2009 at 1:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Expert Evan View Post
    Yes that is true that I'm a cloner in D/P as I use an AR for that.

Anyways, that reminds me, my 42 wins in the Single Battle Factory Open lands me in a tie at 9th on the rankings which I wasn't sure if that topic is even still open. Link = http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=161954

Uncertain when we'll attempt to continue the streak as that all seems unimportant now. I'll probably return back to the battle frontier for whenever I need more battle points for certain move tutors as I can at least use the bettor guy to help boost my points.
    I see...I was expecting cloning via GTS or something...oh well. =\

But yeah, that feat was really impressive, I should say. Not a whole lot of people can achieve it, I guess. And speaking of my very old thread, I'd bump it, but since the thread is already as old as it is, I'd rather not bump it and save myself from being infracted. There's no other option than that, so...

(I think remaking this ranking hall for Emerald is out of the question, since Platinum is almost out, and I may consider creating the ranking hall for this Battle Frontier a couple months after Platinum is out. I'd do it right at the start of the date, but I need to give people other time to achieve their own records.)

lol i was looking through the youtube vids that i subscribed to and i saw this shady one with a latios in it. checked the name and its jfalberg aka EE. awsome match and congrads. =D

Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

ITS THE APOCALYPSE!!!! EE HAS WON!!!

HUZZAH!

Me, I've got 5 wins at the pike, going on 10.

Don't eat that starf berry before cloning it...
    Regigigas will rule the world! after he finishes his 5 million year nap...

In re-reading above I had made a few corrections based on the list of battle frontier pokemon that I found a link from PB88's old topic he used as a reference. In looking forward to the Platinum frontier, I hope it won't take me another 3 years to get all 5 gold symbols like it did with emerald. In retrospect, Emerald battle frontier will still have game value for some years to come as there are still precious move tutors that are not available in D/P/Pl and I am using the battle pyramid as inspiration towards my school project which I hope to complete in the next few months.

Part of my project will also discuss about how Flash games have evolved over the years, so I am going to research some articles about an early Flash programmer named Jonathon Gay as well. While I may not be a perfectionist, I mainly just want to get it done and move on.

Few thoughts from my son's final streaks in the Battle Factory were as follows: sub-seed meganium was fun to use, latias sweep was easy as it even outsped and OHKO a few other latios foes, and regirock's annoyance came handy in our favor. Also latios' thunderwave was most key in the final streak as it paralyzed a critical hitting dodrio which probably made it unable to move enabling either snorlax to get in a blow or meganium to setup, etc... Also having a balanced team such as snorlax, umbreon & lanturn seems to go a long way too.

The ability turns into Hustle =/
    That's what I was afraid of and it actually happened... well, it wasn't a major time loss because Pokémon X.D. happens to be one of my favorite games.
    and it has flawless attack too so who knows? hah.

And have you played battles after Noland? Which round you lost if the streak is over?
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

I haven't played anymore battle since Noland in Open though I'm tempted to continue at any time, will probably start at any time. My level 50 team once again got stopped at trainer #17 like many times before as it was unable to stop a calm mind & cosmic power lunatone as gligar's guillotine missed 3 times in a row. If I at least continue Open streak and beat at least one trainer, that'd be great, otherwise I'd rather retire from the factory completely.

Edit: might as well continue with Battle Factory as current streak has 42 wins, 21 swaps.

Choices are:
    1. armaldo, adamant, scope lens, slash, aerial ace, ancient power, protect
    2. articuno, docile, brightpowder, ice beam, facade, aerial ace, protect
    3. gengar, modest, lum berry, psychic, fire punch, ice punch, destiny bond

4. glalie, quirky, salac berry, explosion, endure, body slam, icy wind
    5. ursaring, docile, quick claw, facade, earthquake, crunch, bulk up
    6. medicham, docile, focus band, psychic, hi jump kick, calm mind, baton pass

Some pretty bad choices indeed as I intend to go with articuno, medicham & gengar...

well the team did defeat a team with blastoise, exploud & swampert but something bad just happened: my game froze, so now my streak is disqualified from continuing. This never happened before. Well I'm retired from battle factory for sure now.
    Last edited by Expert Evan; 9th January 2009 at 12:01 AM.

This is simply awful =/

My Emerald frost only one time, but I was just walking. Also happened once with Pearl in the middle of Wi-Fi battle.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

Page 102 of 106 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106 LastLast