Page 104 of 106 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 2643

Thread: ~The Golden Summit!~

Quote Originally Posted by Expert Evan View Post
    At this point, my game is probably final, just need to prepare for my 30 minute presentation part of it.

Edit: can anybody guess which songs 3 of the sounds came from? Hint all came from either hip-hop or rap songs actually.
    darn i wouldnt know i listen to mostly rock.lol

^credit to Sandslashtaggerung^
    Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

I added a 4th tune which may be impossible to guess since it was an orchestrated version of an old classic rock song but had another portion of it resampled in a late 90s tune which got sued for 100% royalties.

the battle frontiere is starting up soon we have about 17 more days to the release of pokemon platinum and then give or take a week or two beating it. for those wanting to take there time.

Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

Ah frak. I have tried and lost to the Arena on 7 occasions. 2 by my hand moving to fast and hitting the wrong move, the other five from too many crits by the opponent, OHKOs working perfectly, me missing every attack... and other HAX. It is very annoying.
    Regigigas will rule the world! after he finishes his 5 million year nap...

What's going on everybody!!? I'm glad to see that this place is still running, and that we're all still working!! How's everyone doing?

platinum in 8 days =D

soon we can get this club back on top like it should be and maybe we will get some old members back to posting frequently.
    Last edited by Falco320; 15th March 2009 at 1:14 AM.

Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

about 8 more days until platinum, will be the first time in few years since doing the storyline. Since dialga & palkia I heard are after the elite 4, I wonder if there's anything in the storyline that requires attention which would involve having to face or capture a certain pokemon, similar to suicune in crystal for those that can think far back.

Default Platinum in 7 days =D

about 8 more days until platinum, will be the first time in few years since doing the storyline. Since dialga & palkia I heard are after the elite 4, I wonder if there's anything in the storyline that requires attention which would involve having to face or capture a certain pokemon, similar to suicune in crystal for those that can think far back.
    ok well i try'd to understand most of the japanese walkthroughs and the story line looks way better than before. but everyone would expect that since its the 3rd of D/P.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...atinum_Version

anyways i for the golden summit members i found some videos to show you what your up against,

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...os&query=brain

also what are the chances we the golden summit can run tourny's since just about everyone has wifi?

Edit: pokemon platinum cones out in 5 Days.
    Last edited by Falco320; 17th March 2009 at 9:10 PM.

Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

3 more days until Platinum here in the USA. I know my son will want to start it when he gets it but I'm not planning to be in any rush, at least until the end of April. We plan on getting 2 games so we could have our own games this time around.

3 more days until Platinum here in the USA. I know my son will want to start it when he gets it but I'm not planning to be in any rush, at least until the end of April. We plan on getting 2 games so we could have our own games this time around.
    OMG!!, Platinum in 3 days. WOOO HOOOO! so who here has thought up there teams for the new BF tier?

Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

Well for the battle tower, I may try the strategy that Jumpman16 from Smogon uses, which is starting with a trick/switcheroo pokemon like lopunny or cresselia and cripple first pokemon, then switch to latios or scizor/lucario to setup for the sweep. Jumpman16 got to 300 wins with this kind of team.

Well for the battle tower, I may try the strategy that Jumpman16 from Smogon uses, which is starting with a trick/switcheroo pokemon like lopunny or cresselia and cripple first pokemon, then switch to latios or scizor/lucario to setup for the sweep. Jumpman16 got to 300 wins with this kind of team.
    thats amazing, i never heard about that. anyways 2 more days till Platinum.

Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

i would say one more day till platinum but its currently 12:14AM here in Homestead,FL so there is only 9-10 hours until platinum is released from my local gamestop. =D

Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

By now, Gamestop should be offering Pokemon Platinum, and so the adventure begins. If I don't go out and get my games today, I can always buy them at the Gamestop near where I work on Monday.

I don't have it yet, but its worth checking out a wal-mart if you didn't pre-order. They package Platinum in a bigger box w/ the giratina figure and a DS case.

So, anyone have any tips for beating the Arena? I keep getting hit by OHKOs, the "you're paralyzed/confused/asleep, so you can't do anything while your opponent does minimal damage to you and then recovers to win the judge's thing'.

Then there's the most annoying thing in my book. My Metagross is sent up against something he's faster than, KOs it in one hit, then the opponent sends up something with overheat, and because it would have been a hinderance to use agility against the last opponent I get KOed by Overheat.

So far as tips for the arena, use faster and sweeping pokemon that can outspeed threats or can inflict then sweep. Great ones to use include heracross, starmie, salamence, gardevoir.

In my platinum game, I originally started with piplup, then along with a bidoof, starly & shinx, sent them to my pearl game to EV and raise in levels so I could have an easier time getting through. I am now in Pastoria having defeated the water gym leader and have started to trade in my EV trained electivire while luxray shall retire and be used in the contest for the tough competition. I will probably take a little break from the action as I'll let my son catch up to me with his platinum game. I did a little similar with his starting chimchar along with bidoof, starly & shinx as well while also including a fully EV bred & trained L10 timid abra with flawless sp.atk/speed IVs at least which can be used for teleporting at least while it can also learn psychic, shadow ball and shock wave.

While bidoof can become an HM slave as a bibarel, starly becomes a flying pokemon. Reminds me I'll eventually need to get a swimmer for my son's game which will most likely be the HM slave golduck.

well guess what people i beat pokemon platinum so i try out the battle frontier later since its 12:38AM and i need sleep.

Update: ok well i first went to the battle hall and after my 34th battle i lost to a Shedinja with shadowclaw i was using

Latios @ Sash
    Timid
    -Dracometeor
    -Psychic
    -Energyball
    -Thunderbolt
    Last edited by Falco320; 27th March 2009 at 4:00 PM.

Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

Great procress Falco, soon I should be able to make the trek to the elite 4 as my goal is to go through it only one time and to never return to the elite 4.

Last night I managed to get a really decent adamant giratina with 28/31/29/22/21/25 so no need to spend more time trying to get anything better especially with a flawless beneficiary IV and solid IV on other stats. I traded it over to my pearl game so I can at least clone and offer for trading.

Edit: finally made it to battle park, not sure I understand these facilities as it looks some of them are hard to understand at first.
    Last edited by Expert Evan; 29th March 2009 at 2:41 PM.

Default Battle Hall

Great procress Falco, soon I should be able to make the trek to the elite 4 as my goal is to go through it only one time and to never return to the elite 4.

Last night I managed to get a really decent adamant giratina with 28/31/29/22/21/25 so no need to spend more time trying to get anything better especially with a flawless beneficiary IV and solid IV on other stats. I traded it over to my pearl game so I can at least clone and offer for trading.

Edit: finally made it to battle park, not sure I understand these facilities as it looks some of them are hard to understand at first.
    thanks and the frontier i have learned that you need a sweeper with sash and make sure you got your weaknesses covered so if your using a zapdos make sure it was HP-Ice. i was using latios and got killed since it didnt have shadowball to kill off Shedinja. then i used Zapdos funny thing i lost again on battle number 34.lol

Zapdos @ Kings rock
    Mild
    -Thunderbolt
    -Thunderwave
    -Detect
    -Heatwave

i lost to a Wobbuffet

i was scared at first when i saw it so i just t-waved it and it used Counter im like WHAT!! i could of just T-bolted. so next turn i T-bolt and he Mirror coats. and no para hax or Flinching >.<

Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

Default Battle Hall and Silver Print

alright my fellow TGS members i think im the first person to post this, but i finally was able to beat the Battle hall. =D i got my silver print and 20battle points. i also posted the Video on wifi. this is the Code:

25-92783-13240

for those who dont have wifi i will tell you i had to fight a Raikou. the battle was a sweep. only took 2 Tri-Attacks. i got very lucky though since i thought to myself if its thunder hit me, i could of gotten Parahaxed.

anyways i used

Porygon-Z @ Focus Sash
    LV.100
    Modest
    -Tri Attack
    -Ice Beam
    -Dark Pulse
    -Thunderbolt

Next is the Battle Tower.

Edit: lol, just beat the Tower for the Silver print

info on team Later.

Code: 43-13911-33129
    Last edited by Falco320; 31st March 2009 at 11:13 PM.

Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

congratulations on your silver print Falco. Anyways I've been to the Battle Park but will probably wait until later this month to consider which pokemon to use. In the meantime I've been working on completing the national dex mainly by palparking and using the GTS which is rather a pain to do.

Default Battle Tower Report

thanks EE, anyways my Tower team was...

Latios @ Choice specs
    Timid
    -Dracometeor
    -Thunderbolt
    -Psychic
    -Energy Ball

Blastoise @ Chestoberry
    Bold
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -Protect
    -Rest

Weavile @ Focus sash
    Jolly
    -Ice Punch
    -Ice Shard
    -Brick Break
    -Pursuit

it was a litte easier than i thought. i was hopeing Dragonite wouldnt come out first but it did i was scared that my Dracometeor would miss but it didnt and i K.O'd it. then Milotic came out i was happy i switched out my Latios after that dracometeor since Milotic was going to Ice Beam but it didnt instead it try'd to Hypnosis me i switched to Blastoise and and hypnosis missed then i went with surf to see how much damage it would do to the Milotic...not much >.>

anyways after that i switched back to Latios and thankfully it surfed for less than 10&#37; of damage i T-bolted and and almost K.O'd the Milotic and it ice beamed. i was like NOOO!! but then i saw sometihng amazing and i was like YES!! i survived with 17Hit points. i then T-bolted again and then came out the Rhyperior i switched to Blastoise and finished it off with a Surf. i cant really remember what the Rhyperior did after i switched but it wasnt alot since i was still on green.

P.S. i was able to fight the Arcade leader but Lost to a Ludicolo. ill put the code for the battle later today if serebii doesnt start lagging.

Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

While it'll be another 3+ weeks until I start working on the battle park, I have so far completed pokedex mainly by palparking, tradebacks with pearl game or the GTS though I'm wondering if I do have to chase after mesprit to activate my getting the star for that one. Also am trying to win the master rank in the beauty contest with houndoom but that seems to require perfection and appropriate contest items, so in the park I shall wander with my empoleon to search for such items.

Probably my biggest priority in the game soon shall be making Showdown competitive teams, but without announcements of where the regionals shall take place is leaving me in doubt.

Must... finish... Emerald...

I seriously wonder just how many people have earned gold on all facilities in Emerald w/o cheating.

I suppose I could say I'm one of them that finished gold in all facilities in emerald without cheating though it did take an incredible amount of time to breed for the right pokemon to use and many years of patience and determination with the battle factory ugh.

I did recently try out the battle hall with scizor but found one problem already: it did not have any effective moves against a shedinja, so I will return there once I have such. I could either replace swords dance with pursuit, or try out a different pokemon.

Page 104 of 106 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106 LastLast