Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 2643

Thread: ~The Golden Summit!~

EE, I've found hidden power Rock/ancientpower/power gem, or any of the better physical rock moves (rock slide or stone edge are my preffered ones) work excellently. I often feel the rock type as far as offense goes is underrated. It hits 4 types for super effective, most notably flying, which covers a huge hunk of the battle frontier.

Oh, and I got platinum. Working towards the frontier now. 7 badges, and a level 60 Empoleon as my only combatant. I'm at the Galactic HQ now.

That looker character is very comedic. I also noticed a few internet slang things. There was a guy who said 'A winner is you', following bad grammar, but letting us know that the translators are real people.

EDIT: I am now soft resetting for any above average giratina of modest/adamant nature. My most recent modest had an IV of 0 in the sp. atk stat. The most annoying part is that it takes about 1:40 per soft reset due to the amount of text shortly afterward.
    Last edited by Nukada; 15th April 2009 at 4:53 PM.
    Regigigas will rule the world! after he finishes his 5 million year nap...

Here were the results from soft-reseting for giratina in both our platinum games:

adamant giratina: 28/31/29/22/21/25
    modest giratina: 23/23/15/30/28/27

While I'm sure there's better elsewhere and I might try to trade for those later on, these should do for any possible uber tournaments that might come about in my area.

It is now 6 more days until I finally get to present my master's degree project so I expect to put pokemon away for that time so I can put together my presentation material.

Hey guys, may I join?

I got 4 of the 5 silver prints on Plat, I just can't do the bloody Factory. Any tips?

I'm sure you can join as Volteon is the one that maintains here. I haven't gotten any prints yet so you're still further than me as I'm considering to try garchomp in the battle hall section.

My guess is battle factory is annoying as it would help if I knew which pokemon had which movesets, etc...

4 more days until I get my master's degree done.

Battle factory is annoying, because I don't know whether when you swap at the Factory, the pokemon get better.

EE,

On the platinums, did you Soft-reset in the distortion world or in Turnback cave (I heard it reappears there if you kill it the first time.

I found a decent adamant one myself. I haven't done any training on it yet. I'll rare candy it to 50 and post its IVs here when I get the chance.

Soft resetting then listening to Cynthia and Cyrus talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk makes it take a while.
    I haven't SRed for my Giratina in Diamond yet (I'm slow that way), but at least I know I have another chance to get a good one.

Several other notes:

Battle Factory is just as annoying as Emerald, except that the guy gives you more information on your opponent. The information is reduced every 7 battles though, so when you are going for your colored print, you won't know a thing.

Tower is... well... the same tower we've come to know since Crystal.

Roulette is fun. And its hardly random if you have good timing. A few rounds at the game corner is good practice.

For the stage, keep about 3 pokemon for this.

Both of my giratinas were soft-reseted in the distortion world as soft-reseting and pressing A or B through Cynthia/Cyrus talking can be a pain indeed. I too heard about giratina re-appearing if I killed it first time but was determined not to take that chance.

I'll most likely give the battle factory a try sometime as I expect getting familiar with the choices and different movesets each has per round should help.

I also hold firm belief to 'Murphy's Law', that if I had let one of the Giratina slip, such that any further encounters be fought in turnback, it would have been a 31/31/31/31/31/31, adamant/modest nature.

Some tips for the Battle Castle: Raising your opponents level, although it costs 1cp, actually gets you a nice amount of bonus points. I typically do it to things I can score a 4x hit on. On round 1 you can get a hefty sum of points that way, probably enough to do two 100 pt. rank ups.

Emerald cloning now has more uses on the stage.

Personally I'm going to transfer three copies of my Latias, each with different movesets. It never matters what you enter, as long as its the same species.

That means having some strange movesets are beneficially, considering how you set what type you fight.

My normal use one knows ice beam, surf, psychic and calm mind, but some other moves I'll be using divided between several copies are:

thunderbolt, shadow ball, energy ball, and draco meteor.

Yay for type coverage!!!

So this club is still here!
    I am a member, I did complete all the gold symbols back on Emerald

Today I got the gold print in the Battle Hall with Swampert. It was all about managing the 4x grass weakness with Rindo berries in earliest rounds, then Protect-Mirror Coat @ sash on anything which might have a grass move. There are a lot of part grass PKMN. Thankfully the other things which Energy Ball and soforth used their 'better' movesets in later rounds. It was a pain not to use Choice Band on any round but the dragons but it proved too risky otherwise.

So I'm back to the Battle Factory now. It seems slightly easier than the Emerald one, but maybe I just improved in the billion times I fought the Emerald one. So does anyone have any idea - does swapping more Pokemon make it easier, and if so, easier in that round or easier in later rounds? eg will more swaps in battle 8-14 mean better PKMN for 15-21, etc..

For the battle hall I intend to give garchomp a try though if gliscor becomes a concern then I might try something else.

There is one thing I may use the emerald game for, and that is to blend berries with the master blender if I can ever get the TV announcement back up again. I don't like blending poffins on the DS as I wonder if it ruins the DS screen whereas with the master blender in emerald I don't have to do much at all to get the best pokeblocks.

I noticed that too, I used to get the berry master about twice a month, but after about a year he disappeared, along with all the other TV events.

I haven't seen him AT ALL on my new emerald game (got this Christmas, it was new in box), nor any other of the nice events (closeout sale, double points at game corner, half price vitamins, or pokeblock master).

I think their appearance has something to do with league wins or just vs. trainer wins.

By the way, I like your thinking. The contest team I used in Diamond was the exact same team I used in R/S/E for master rank.

Any way I could get the TV announcements for the master blender in particular in emerald would be gratefully appreciated. I tried going through the pokemon league with my level 100 modest gengar, renaming a random pokemon, and so far no luck. I suppose I'll need to try each day. I intend to try out tentacool for the smart contest since it seems like a recommended pokemon to use according to a guide in gamefaqs.

Update: I got my first gold print using adamant garchomp with focus sash and moveset of outrage, earthquake, stone edge & fire fang. What helped me was going through each type one at a time starting with the bigger threat ones first such as ice, ground & water and saving the easier ones such as fire & electric for last. Some of the ones I had a little more difficult with included sharpedo, wobbuffet, scyther and even a beautifly.
    Last edited by Expert Evan; 26th April 2009 at 4:46 PM.

Time to share another annoying tale:

I decided that I wanted to try out the synchronize ability. For whatever reason I started breeding Abra in an attempt to find one modest synced Abra. I have hatched over 60 eggs... More than the average amount (50)... and I've only found one modest one, which was male (so the everstone doesn't work) and has inner focus... yay.

update: won the master smart contest using a sassy tentacool with acid, poison jab, bubblebeam and wrap as I found it was easy to give it 6 pokeblocks made from ganlon berries which raises both its beauty and smart and maxes them even with level 61-63 blocks I made blending them with an inaccurate old man. At least that's still better than risking ruining the DS screen stirring poffins.

While I'm going to give the battle factory a try, I am so tempted to use a gimmick in the battle tower for later rounds where cresselia starts off with trick, then cripples opponent before switching to either a sub/CM latios or sub/SD scizor for the sweep.

Fun times!

Okay, I'm entering my special sweeper prepped Latias on the stage.

Her primary moveset is:

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Psychic
    Calm Mind
    _________

Naturally I can get clones of her off of Emerald.

What alternate movesets for picking off the different types would be good?

I'm planning on giving her a focus sash as soon as I get the bp.

Eheheh... Is it okay if I ask if I can join?

I couldn't figure out if there was a special line I was supposed to say or anything like that in the OP, so... Yeah, I'm stuck being a bit n00by and sheepish over this. ;^^

Thus far, my progress in Platinum is 4 Silver Prints, and me working on defeating Dahlia again for the Gold Print. Using a set of three teams really seemed to help me ward off the accursed hax with me finally getting over 30 rounds, and into a 35-current streak. ^^
    [img]http://i35.*******.com/2s0bg9h.png[/img]
    3DS FC: 1032 - 1228 - 8506 (Be sure to VM/PM me if you add me)
    dA|FF.net|Youtube

Don't see why not, best to directly as Volteon to add to list.

Presently in the game, I'm attempting to soft-reset for desireably a naive lv50 heatran with hp-ice or hp-electric as June 6 is still a question mark on my attending showdown in the Philadelphia metro area. I was planning to consider pokemon from the likes of scizor, heatran, zapdos, snorlax, metagross, smeargle, rhyperior, just need to focus time to test them out when I feel ready.

Now that my master's degree project is finally done, it's taking some adjustments to clean up and reorganize things.

I finally decided to take a break from other in-game stuff (and from life in general I suppose) and test my tried-and-true team against the two new team facilities.

I've got a few wins at the castle, and I got my silver print at the roulette/arcade (whichever one was the english name). I like the random events, but I noticed something:
    The old extremely reduced accuracy curse from the Emerald frontier seems to be here as well. Meteor Mash is missing 25% of the time, a bit more than usual (and given that your opponents don't have hold items in the arcade, I can't blame it on a brightpowder).

I haven't been active in the battle park as of lately but may try to get to it in a few weeks or so. Lately I've been using a method to catch legitimately perfect IVd pokemon as further details about how to do so are all posted in Smogon's wifi forum where I am already a moderator. While it's very complicated stuff, I feel I've at least gotten the hang of doing this as it saves me lots of time and grief once familiar.

Hey everyone. I have taken a break from Pokemon the last couple of months. I will get back into Pokemon when Heart Gold and Soul Silver are released. I have been very much involved with the SSB: Brawl and SSB: Melee scene in the Netherlands. I hope I will still be accepted here
    I claimed Raikou as my bishie!

Spoiler:- Member, Credit and FC:

Arceus Glitch!!!

Zelda phantom hourglass SUCKED! What was bellum? Just unbelievable how simple, pffff. Needs a better version. BTW, PM me for a wifi battle.

Welcome back Shiny Crobat, and don't be a stranger on IRC.

Anyways, I'll need to EV train these 3 pokemon for the battle tower which Jumpman16 used on Smogon to get almost 500 straight wins:

Bold Cresselia: 31/16/31/31/31/31 (from myself thanks to RNG abuse)
    Timid Latios: 29/2/29/29/31/31
    Adamant Scizor: 31/31/31/0/31/31

Hello everybody, after a long break from pokemon (because of school and stuff), I went back into it when Platinum came out. I have to say I'm a bit dissapointed with the difficulty (sp?). Of course it's by no means easy, but emerald is way harder, due to higher streaks needed for the golds and silvers. In platinum there are facilities where you get a gold symbol for the number of streaks you'd only get a silver in emerald.

That being said, I do like the new challenges, although I miss the pyramid. I was hoping that the palace would be the same, but it was not.

Otherwise, I got 4 silver symbols already, all on the first try at it. I only miss the battle factory. Speaking of wich, have you managed to get your gold symbol there EE?

My new favourite facility is the battle hall/stage, that place has choiceband slaking written all over it, I was underway to a gold print, till I made the stupid mistake of misclicking, I used Giga-impact instead of EQ on a Lairon >_>.

Also when my wi-fi get's restored (I'm buying a new stick) could someone send back and forth all first and second gen legendaries along with jirachi and deoxys, I would like to trade them from my Diamond, but I only have one DS. So it has to be done with the GTS, and therefore I need them in my pokemdex...

I hope that this place will become as lively as before.
    Last edited by milotic111; 28th May 2009 at 5:34 PM.
    Like the old chinese say:
    Only Noctowl and hoothoot have better eyes
    for the dark than for the light

Hello milotic111 and welcome back. Yes I did finally get that 7th and final badge from the emerald battle factory as my son did most the work while we were at the airport and on the plane on New Year's eve. Further details were posted back on pages 127-128.

Anyways for the next week I'm getting a team ready for the Video Game Showdown taking place near Philadelphia on June 6 as only 128 can get on. All I can say is that 2 of my intended pokemon have flawless IVs thanks to using the tricks with the RNG Reporter that has been so exploited and well documented over at Smogon.

It seems the people here at Serebii Forums consider that hacking so I will not argue further with them.

Evan, do you have a direct link to the thread over at smogon?

Its sounds rather interesting.

Link to discussion topic regarding this is at http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52180 as there is lots of reading and where to begin can be quite complex indeed. it took me few weeks to understand how to go about doing it.

Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106 LastLast