Page 27 of 106 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread: ~The Golden Summit!~

Default Many topics

Special ev's
    I don't have any, but my salamence survived an ice punch because of the extra 6 ev's in HP

Mixpert
    It acctually was the first pokemon i used in the BF and i like it to have EQ,Ice Beam,Surf,Iron Tail, this set PWNS

Default Miscellaneous , Improvements

The stats of my Slaking, wonderfully outstanding
    HP- 442
    Atk: 460
    Def: 226
    Sp.def- 166
    spd- 299

And i lost at room 181 because my slaking's return left blissey at 1 hp and i fell to an earlier toxic.

The most effective improvement the game needs is a WORTHY prize after winning all the gold symbols
    I have battled the Frontier among its 7 facilities... You might say I have some confidence in my ability.

Default misc.

These are my slaking's stats. And remember, back when I was raising it, I didn't monitor IV's, DV's EV's, or anything like that. All I cared about was it's nature.

hp: 453
    attack: 416
    defense: 253
    sp. attack: (i forgot the exact number; around 160)
    sp. defense: 183
    speed: 256

As for me, i gave my slaking hyper beam instead of return for 2 reasons. 1, hyper beam is more likely to cause OHKOs with a choice band, STAB boost, 150 base power, and it's "muy muy grande" attack stat, it's gunna kill basically anything that's not a rock or steel type and doesn't know any moves that up defense, like curse for example. 2, my emerald's internal clock is busted, so I can't get anymore TM's of return! It vexes me so!

Cross over to the golden side...

credit goes to milotic111 for the awesome tc
    [IMG]http://i6.*******.com/243nwgm.jpg[/IMG]
    Say 'ello to ma little friend! (made by sapphireL, thanx baby!)

Default Improvements

That would've been great if Nintendo had just allowed you to get a Kanto starter after all the work you put in! lol Actually, it even makes sense for a parallel to the pokedex completion. Ya gotta wonder!

Default Improvements

One idea of an improvement that came to mind was to not only view the tournament results from battle dome but also the ability to watch how the battle transpired (ie. EXPERT EVAN vs. GENTLEMAN BROOKS) like on record and to see their ending quotes as well.

DAG NAB IT....
    my "never used team" lost against a stinkin' heracross....
    oh well... I'll have to pull out another underused pokemon team...

my next project...

team:
    Cacturne
    Camerupt
    Electabuzz

this one will be easier to win with...
    Last edited by Bug Maniac Marc; 30th November 2006 at 3:37 PM.

Default Under-used

Watch out for those Ground moves. Electabuzz and Camerupt have a moderate problem with that. Cacturne balances it out, slightly.

Default Mixpert

I found a moveset for this while wiewing another thread:

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 236 HP / 16 Atk / 120 Def / 120 SAtk / 16 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Earthquake
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Protect

It was posted in a NB thread by Fighting_Master. Not sure if it works for BF, but it may be worth a try.
    This is the future we made for ourselves
    But is it really the dream we wanted to live in?

The present has to be treated as precious
    Or we will regret it when it has become the past...

Cacturne
    Camerupt
    Electabuzz

this one will be easier to win with...
    Any Aerodactyl can be a problem for this team... same for any Pokémon that can learn Earthquake and is faster than Cacturne (Yeah, there´re a lot)
    Another problem you´ll have is with Pokémon with high S.defense. Regice, Snorlax, Suicune, Blissey, Articuno, Latias, are very used in frontier (Excluding Blissey, all of those frontier Brains uses at least once)

If this is the easier, don´t even wanna know the harder O_o

Another little thing, all of those Pokémon are in the UnderUsed list, not in the Neverused one. But I think I understood why you used the inverted commas.
    Last edited by Volteon; 30th November 2006 at 4:08 PM.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

Default Underused

My favorite underused pokemon would have to be politoed, seaking, Pinsir, Jumpluff(great staller), and a few others.

Some I dislike that I hardly get interested renting in the level 50 rounds 2-3 pokemon are like Belossom, Delcatty, Corsola(?)

I finished round 2 picking up leftovers and a choice band (floor 6)

Also completed with this bag:
    HYPER POTION 9x
    ETHER 5x
    LUM BERRY 6x
    REVIVE 7x
    CHERRI BERRIES 11x
    SHELL BELL 1x
    CHOICE BAND 1x
    LEFTOVERS 1x

Planning on preforming round 3 with a decent water type sweeper, earthquaker(either flygon or salamence), and houndoom. It tends to get annoying when I roar away ninetales, vulpix, growlithe

EDIT: ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Just lost at the last match of round 4 in the battle factory by hax!!! Starmie critical hit thunderbolted reversalheracross and paralyzed it. Then rhydon critical hit earthquaked milotic to death. Mr.Mime failed to OHKO Rhydon with Ice Punch since it survived with so little hp!!!! And megahorned me of course! Nobody here understands what I'm feeling. 500 hours of the factory and I gain nothing of it. Arghh! I HATE the Battle Factory!!!!!! HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone else has done it! Why can't I? I watched 20 videos about people winning gold, but me no. I'm pothetic. Hax really stinks. And this is the first time a tear dropped through my eye just by losing!!!
    BATTLE FACTORY ROUND 4 BATTLE 7:
    Starmie used T-bolt!
    Critical hit!
    Heracross is paralyzed it may be unable to move!
    Heracross is paralyzed it can't move!
    Starmie used psychic!
    Heracross fainted.
    Go Mr.Mime!
    Mr.Mime used Ice Punch!
    (Rhydon survived at 1 hp which has been occasionally occuring lately with other pokemon)
    Rhydon used Megahorn!
    Critical Hit!(it would of fainted anyway)
    Go Milotic!
    Rhydon QUICK CLAW ACTIVATES!
    Rhydon used Earthquake!
    Critical Hit!
    Milotic owned!

Geez(curse word), I hate the factory. When I get the gold I'm never entering this building again!!!!
    Forgot to mention that mr.mime thunderbolted starmie.

This is almost as worse when Expert Evan lost to a minimizing muk which lost all of his hard work to get to round 5. I was only 1 match away. 15 matches to gold! RATE MY HAX
    Last edited by nevada11; 1st December 2006 at 1:58 AM.
    I have battled the Frontier among its 7 facilities... You might say I have some confidence in my ability.

Any Aerodactyl can be a problem for this team... same for any Pokémon that can learn Earthquake and is faster than Cacturne (Yeah, there´re a lot)
    Another problem you´ll have is with Pokémon with high S.defense. Regice, Snorlax, Suicune, Blissey, Articuno, Latias, are very used in frontier (Excluding Blissey, all of those frontier Brains uses at least once)

If this is the easier, don´t even wanna know the harder O_o

Another little thing, all of those Pokémon are in the UnderUsed list, not in the Neverused one. But I think I understood why you used the inverted commas.
    thanks for your advice...
    the harder was my Never Used team, which was an utter failure...
    Raticate
    Piloswine
    Crawdaunt

this is my new Under Used team...

Default UU team

Bug maniac, than again try to overlap weaknesses, you new team could be owned by a strong fighting pokemon

Default Misc.

Quote Originally Posted by nevada11
    This is almost as worse when Expert Evan lost to a minimizing muk which lost all of his hard work to get to round 5. I was only 1 match away. 15 matches to gold! RATE MY HAX
    Lol, rate my hax XD
    It seems we both have problems with the same Rhydon >_<
    Well, if heracross survived at just enduring Psychic, Rhydon could beat you using Quick Claw so it´d be worse, I´d rate it as 8.5. There´re many worse things to happen. This has no Horn Drill or Focus band.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Master
    Bug maniac, than again try to overlap weaknesses, you new team could be owned by a strong fighting pokemon
    Yeah, common weakness is something you need to avoid. ESPECIALLY in Frontier. In theory, my BL team is good:
    Aggron
    Poliwrath
    Misdreavus

Misdreavus is imune to Aggron 4x weakness
    Poliwrath can do a lot of things when he can sub-drum against a Water/Fire Pokémon (That Frontier will probably put to face Aggron) (It´s a shame that he can´t learn Rock Slide...)
    Poliwrath´s and Misdreavus´ Physical and Special weakness (except Electric) Aggron easly takes care, and can do a nice thing with all those attacks boosted with Choice Band (It´s strange, but Earthquake is it´s weakest attack!). If it´s opponent´s last Pokemon Misdreavus´ Perish Song or Destiny Bond is the key move.

Yeah, theory is always nice...

I´m sure that you can´t go very far with UU/NU Pokémon. Using BorderLine you can get some symbols, but not as much as OU of course.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

Default Underused

One particular pokemon I have recently took an interest in since my successful 3x horn drill in Battle Factory is that of Nidoking, so I recently got an adamant nidoking, impressive in abilities with flawless HP/Attack/speed. Currently at level 50, I have 3 clones which all know earthquake, rock slide & sludge bomb where one knows horn drill, the 2nd knows shadow ball, and the 3rd knows megahorn which is only learnable in Fr/Lg at level 43. It's EV spread is 252 attack/speed, 6 HP and I would intend to use it in battle pyramid round 1 where it is resistant to electric attacks and with sludge bomb is super effective against grass types, so as a ground type along with flygon or gligar this seems like a reasonable choice to try out sometime.
    Last edited by Expert Evan; 1st December 2006 at 2:58 PM.

Default Underused pokemon

Crobat, magmar,Electabuzz and Jynx are all great underused pokemon, that are worth considering.

I have all the Frontier Gold Symbols

Friend Code: Ash: 4811 5930 1227

Default The Battle Factory

My history of my recent loses today at the Battle Factory.
    - Lost at round 1 by an arcanine at the open level
    - Lost at round 2 in the level 50 competition
    - Got sept my a spoink since it kept getting a high range for psywave and confuse ray ws effective as well.
    - And even worse, I lost my MetroCard!

Metagross, how long did it take you to earn the gold for the factory? Two days? Three weeks? 4 months?

it took 3 months, but i play non stop. Now i'm on a break completing coursework and study. one thing i learned was never to give up. twice i got to the last round only to lose to a regirock and mr Mime, it was third time lucky.

Default Misscelenous

it took 3 months, but i play non stop. Now i'm on a break completing coursework and study. one thing i learned was never to give up. twice i got to the last round only to lose to a regirock and mr Mime, it was third time lucky.

Default The Battle Palace/Miscellaneous

Hey guys. I just beat the Battle Palace Maven! XD! That's my last silver symbol, so now I'm seriously going to try and get a gold. I was thinking of trying either the Dome or the Pike, which one, in your opinion, is easier?
    >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Default Miscellaneous

Dome! Slaking! 'Nuff said!

Default Misc.

I have now the Golden Luck Symbol! Yay! And just lost in the end of the ninth floor of Tower. Damn Anabel....and still no luck in Arena and no luck in Factory. I don't seem to get the strategy behind the pokes I rent. And maybe tomorrow I'll try my luck in Pyramid. My changed team is Salamence, Starmie and Metagross. I'll post the battle vs lucy later.
    When D/P is out...I'll be happy. Also, if you have a trading need tell me about it and I'll see what I can do!

Default macho brace

I know this is kind of a noobish question, but does the macho brace just lower your pokemon's speed stat in battle, or does it cut the speed EV's you get? I'm just needin' to know!

Default Miscelaneous

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonger49777 View Post
    I know this is kind of a noobish question, but does the macho brace just lower your pokemon's speed stat in battle, or does it cut the speed EV's you get? I'm just needin' to know!
    It only cuts the pokemons speed stat during the battle that the pokemon holds it, it dobles the ev's that the pokemon gets(even speed)

Default Battle Pike is easier for gold.

Pike. Starmie. 'nuff said.
    Credit for this beautiful banner goes to IronSceptile_X

FPC -

Default macho brace

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Master
    It only cuts the pokemons speed stat during the battle that the pokemon holds it, it dobles the ev's that the pokemon gets(even speed)
    It just keeps getting better and better! But the thing is, I don't have a macho brace, I got rid of it somehow before I started really getting into these games. I mean, back when I got me macho brace on emerald, I had no idea what it actually did, so I chucked it. I know, it was stupid, but does it lower speed in battle just when it's attached, like when you take it off you got normal speed again? And how much speed do you lose?

Page 27 of 106 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast