Page 56 of 106 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2643

Thread: ~The Golden Summit!~

Default RS Battle tower

Quote Originally Posted by icer View Post
    Still on the RS Battle tower lately. I'm up to 77 thus far. It's a lot easier than the Emerald one. Do the Pokemon get harder every round till 100? In Emerald they seemed to be the same hard pool from 50 or so onward.
    As Absol 20/20 would say, titles please.

From my RS Battle tower experience, the pokemon pool really does not change from 42 onward as you'll have those pesky OHKO & explosion pokemon along with lati@s & the fearful regis. Also making their appearances will include the likes of shedinja & wobbuffet so having a dragon dancer or swords dancer with a strongest attack move definitely helps.

Default New approach...

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Crobat View Post
    I've got the golden symbol for the pyramid.
    Absol 20/20, could you add that to the list?
    And you didn't add the last symbol I got, thanks.
    The time I haven't been on the forum I was breeding for d/p and thinking of new members of my team...
    Well, congrats! =D And, added. (Sorry it took so long. O.o')

Quote Originally Posted by Expert Evan View Post
    As Absol 20/20 would say, titles please.
    Indeed.

New Approach

Okay, this shouldn't be that tough - three matches left. First of all, Volteon and I can get together anytime. What I think we should do is this...

Expert Evan, Shiny Venusaur gets back on the 31st. Can I assume you'll be online then? Perhaps the two of you can battle then. Before/after yours, Volteon and I can have our match.

Now then, that leaves Milotic111 and Icy Wind. Well, I'll PM the two of them to see when they can get together.

Basically, I'm hoping to wrap this up anytime - battle-by-battle. I think we can chuck the idea of everyone getting together on one, particular date.

Ah, and I do have to apologize for the absence of action over the weekend. -_-

Ah, and I'll get the next dex entry up after the end of the tournament which WILL be this week! I'll make sure of that!

Default netbattle

I expect to be around each evening this week so we'll get to our match any way possible.

Default Miscellaneous

Hey, its been a while since I have posted here. Been super busy, but I've still been battling. First of all, welcome to all the new members and congratulations to all those who gained a new Symbol and to those who got ALL their symbols... I still only have one... During these past weeks, I have been going to the Battle Factory (I'm addicted to that place...), though the highest win number I can still achieve is still 31 wins... I keep losing to the 32nd trainer... Anyways, I've began to go the Battle Palace, and I've been training a few Pokemon for the facilities, especially for the Palace. Well, thats all I have to say, I'll be active more now, and I'll see you all around.

Default Miscellaneous

@ Shadow Chaos: Well, thanks for posting here. It's good that you're still battling on through the Factory, but I think you should give it a break! lol Keep trying.

@ Expert Evan: Okay, that's great. The 31st is Saturday, so that's the match.

@ Everyone: Well, Milotic, Icy Wind, and I are working out some times, right now. We're getting closer to the end!!! =O *feels the surge of energy from impending events*
    Last edited by Absol 20/20; 27th March 2007 at 8:59 PM.

Default NB, Battle Factory

I should be available most the weekend as I look forward to getting on with the tournament.

Anyways, not much has been happening, got my battle factory open level streak up to 21 wins 12 swaps as I had a DD altaria and a slowking the entire time and made only one swap for a swagger/up snorlax which proved quite effective in few matches.

I've also successfully soft-reset for a decent calm suicune in Colloseum.

Default RS Battle Tower

Damn. Lost at 92 in the RS Battle Tower after a 3 Explosion team! Forgot about them. Now I remember why I used to have Fly on Skarmory.
    My team was:
    Latias@Soul Dew Calm Mind - recover - Tbolt - Ice Beam
    Swampert@Chesto Curse- Rest- EQ - Rock Slide
    Skarmory@Leftovers Toxic - Aerial Ace - Rest - Steel Wing [Spikes and Whirlwind seem pretty useless.. How about Sub?]

The 3 explosion team started with Muk, I switched to Swampert since I felt Muk might have Shadow Ball, Tbolt or Flamethrower, but it used Explosion and 1HKO Swampert on the switch.
    After Swampert fainted I sent out Latias, game sends out Regice. I figured it would use either Ice Beam or Explosion on Latias so I switched in Skarmory but no, it used Tbolt. Which leads me to ask, does the RS Battle Tower Pokemon lead with a non-targeted move and then switch to its super effective move?
    Anyway Skarmory survived with 1 HP but since it was on the switch didn't have time to Rest, I left him in in the hope that Regice would explode but it used Tbolt agin.. only had Latias now, Regice exploded immediately, Latias survived, used Recover, next Registeel, it exploded immediately and critical hit, Latias KOd, exit

Oh well, try, try again, I mean to finish it before D/P so we have about a month if I factor time for the import to come from USA...Nothing posed a problem to my team till the 3 Explosions so I have to figure out how to prevent that. I don't want to replace Aerial Ace with Fly on Skarm because many times it's annoying to take 2 turns and some things double team, particularly grass/poison things immune to Toxic. Maybe Substitute. Anyway I could have won the battle if I had strategised better, maybe could have calm mind-recovered off Regice damage with Latias till it exploded, then taken Registeel's Explosion with Skarmory. I'll be more aware of this type of team next time [I hope] if the first one explodes and the next is a Regi, guess it's a 3 explode team..

I wish you could skip the first 50 though, it's so boring...

Default Miscellaneous

^ Wow. O_o That's rough.

Well, this is what seems to be happening.

Volteon and I will have our match tomorrow.

Expert Evan and Shiny Venusaur will have their match on Saturday.

Milotic111 and Icy Wind will have their match on Saturday, as well. IIRC, it should take place in the afternoon (in Eastern time, at least).

Ah, and Volteon won't be able to get the server up for the next few weekends, so we'll have to get together on another server. Try for Nsider Arena, but if you can't find it, just connect to Smogon, and I'll find you.

Default Battle Palace

Made it on through the 33rd battle, lost to the 34th. I lost to a Focus Punch from Aggron, and all I had left was a Blissey... Oh well, I did pretty well I think, but now it is time to begin again.

Default breeding

I have now a very good feebas, it has flawless HP and defence and at least 30 in special defence (the IV man won't say it has flawless special defence, but the IV calculator says it has either 30 or 31). This is the closest to a triple flawless I have ever got who was (aside from breeding) usefull. It has low special attack however (as it was just quite impressive and (almost) triple flawless). But I don't think that would be a problem. 232 special attack (minimun) is enough right? If it isn't I can shift some EV's from special defence to special attack. And I think that a minimum of 170 speed is also sufficient.

Further my next goal is phanphy for pyramid reasons, what would be the best aim for the stats and nature?

I think a jolly max attack max speed phanpy with fissure is the best. Because phanphy is really weak and with fissure it can at least KO something with a little luck in a pinch.
    Last edited by milotic111; 29th March 2007 at 5:56 PM.
    Like the old chinese say:
    Only Noctowl and hoothoot have better eyes
    for the dark than for the light

Default The 2007 Golden Summit NetBattle Tournament!

Content edited out for reasons of necessity. Not to mention it would leave Milotic111 with a double-post... -_-
    Last edited by Absol 20/20; 30th March 2007 at 12:09 AM.

Default Feebas

I found out the excact IV's for feebas, they are in order of hp, att, def, Spatt, spdef, spd:

31, 15, 31, 12, 30, 11

Meaning that by EV contribution of:

84, 0, 252, 102, 60, 12

It will have the stats:

352, 126, 282, 242, 300, 181

And I also found out that I was just >< That close to a hidden power electric with 59 power... o_0 It is now ground with 59 power, if it was special, it would be worth something (So in D/P it can be usefull)

I guess you can't have it all....

But I think it will become a very good milotic with good tanking ability's and 242 spatt will hit decent and 181 speed will outrun a few slow things (like rhydon and golem and the like) for a OHKO surf.

Yeah, just got a pm from Absol 20/20 saying that I'm in...So, what exactly do we do hear? Help each other make teams, give advice, or what? Thanks.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

Default Miscellaneous

^ Pretty much, yeah. Although, the "asking" part can be easily replaced by taking a look at the links on the front page. I would stand by the next phrase COMPLETELY...

The links in the first post of the Golden Summit provide THE BEST BF reference section on the forum.

Yup. Pretty much ANY question that can be asked can be answered on the front page.

And, a big welcome to Pikawho? who, unfortunately, fell through the cracks, somehow. O_o

The 2007 Golden Summit... yeah...

Well, Volteon and I didn't get to have our match today, but we'll keep trying!

"Never give up - never surrender!!!" - Captain Peter Quincy Taggart, A.K.A. Jason Nesmith, A.K.A. Tim Allen

Miscellaneous

Ah, and, don't forget the titles...

Default Skarmory

Absol,

How do you use your skarmory, moveset ev's etc?
    Thanks
    I claimed Raikou as my bishie!

Spoiler:- Member, Credit and FC:

Arceus Glitch!!!

Zelda phantom hourglass SUCKED! What was bellum? Just unbelievable how simple, pffff. Needs a better version. BTW, PM me for a wifi battle.

Default Pyramid - items

Quote Originally Posted by milotic111 View Post

Further my next goal is phanphy for pyramid reasons, what would be the best aim for the stats and nature?
    Trying to get items with Pickup isn't so great of a strategy. Covet or Thief is much better. By the 3rd or 4th time all the Pokemon you battle are holding great items and you can covet the required Choice Band, Leftovers, Shell Bell, Brightpowder etc. This is guaranteed, rather than wandering round hoping Pickup will get something useful. In early rounds the hold item usually helps against that Pokemon eg Twavers holding a Cheri Berry.

I highly advocate a physical sweeper Salamence for the pyramid [it gets the choice band] Jolly/Max Speed/Max Att. The other Pokemon suitable vary with each round.

Lead with Salamence, its Intimidate reduces the encounter rate of the wild Pokemon. But definitely have a covet/thief user till you get the choice band, leftovers [possibly x2], shell bell and probably brightpowder. Gengar is very useful on some of the later rounds [the selfdestructing rounds etc]

Last Sunday, I got through 5 more floors of the B. Pyramid(I had a streak of 35 floors) easily(with little difficuly in rounds 6 and 7 rounds) and faced the P. King and took his candies. HAHAHA!

My team for the 10th round was:
    Starmie, Slaking , and Blissey.

I was amazed that 1 Surf can take down a single Shuckle because the other time I was there, the Shuckle's I faced had survived Star's Surf attacks.

Au Revoir.
    [IMG]http://i5.*******.com/11l1ptv.jpg[/IMG]
    Credit goes to Dark Latios for
    such a cool Trainer Card!
    Credit goes to SapphireL for the Cute Latios.
    Yo Pimp!
    -
    Battle Frontier Symbols:
    Luck
    Ability
    Brave
    Knowledge
    Guts
    Spirits
    Tactics

Click here for important Topics of interest.

Default Pyramid

Quote Originally Posted by icer View Post
    Trying to get items with Pickup isn't so great of a strategy. Covet or Thief is much better. By the 3rd or 4th time all the Pokemon you battle are holding great items and you can covet the required Choice Band, Leftovers, Shell Bell, Brightpowder etc. This is guaranteed, rather than wandering round hoping Pickup will get something useful. In early rounds the hold item usually helps against that Pokemon eg Twavers holding a Cheri Berry.

I highly advocate a physical sweeper Salamence for the pyramid [it gets the choice band] Jolly/Max Speed/Max Att. The other Pokemon suitable vary with each round.

Lead with Salamence, its Intimidate reduces the encounter rate of the wild Pokemon. But definitely have a covet/thief user till you get the choice band, leftovers [possibly x2], shell bell and probably brightpowder. Gengar is very useful on some of the later rounds [the selfdestructing rounds etc]
    I AM going to use covet. My team for the first 2 rounds will be:

Slaking (physical sweeper)
    Linoone with covet
    phanphy.

The pick-up is for revives and stuff, after round 2 I'm going to use others, maybe linoone with covet for one more round.

Slaking can handle most of the wild ones, so I should be able to spot trainers with him.

Default BACK! and misc.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark View Post
    Hello absol 20/20,

I have seen in the first post that you can get a special golden summit tc. So can I have #4 and make the tcby myself. Thanks in advance. And of course i'll give credit.
    ok ill do it

edit:
    the URL: http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/4575/tcsfj8.png

anyway im back and EE im ready any time you are
    Last edited by Shiny Venusaur; 31st March 2007 at 5:17 PM.

Default The 2007 Golden Summit NetBattle Tournament!

^ Not really sure what happened there, but I'll look into it and address it as needed. O_o

Okay! This is what's on the schedule for the day!

Expert Evan vs. Shiny Venusaur (A.K.A. Thunderhero)

Milotic111 vs. Icy Wind

Well, Volteon and I will have our match as soon as possible. I can't blame him because he was busy this week, and he'll be traveling a lot soon. Hopefully, we can have our match in the next week.

Ah, and Nsider Arena doesn't appear to be up. If it isn't, just get to the Smogon server, and we'll finish up there.

Default netbattle, miscellaneous

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Venusaur View Post
    anyway im back and EE im ready any time you are
    While not much activity has been happening at all this week in emerald since I managed to get my battle factory open level streak up to 21, I have been playing with colloseum as I was able to get a decent calm suicune and am now soft-resetting for a decent raikou which seems tedious as I'm going for sp.atk & speed stats preferably a modest or timid raikou.

I'm currently logged into Smogon's server with a status of away and am expecting to be around most the time.

Edit: lost first match in battle factory level 50 round 3, doing round 1 again now with weak pokemon.
    Last edited by Expert Evan; 31st March 2007 at 5:03 PM.

Thanks for this template . When I have used it I'll give credit.

Badges: 7 | Pokedex: 69/719 | Shinies: 1
    ~| Complete Shiny Collection | Shiny Spreadsheet | HeartGold BadgeQuest |~

Default N@tbattle outcome

This was my battle versus Icy-wind:

Spoiler:- Outcome:

I put it in spoiler tags as it is quite long.

Default Nb

well EE how bout later today i have to get a hair cut but i should be free the rest of the day, right now its 10:16am(GMT-5) so ill pm you when im free ok
    Chive on!
    I'm sick of always hearing
    All the
    sad songs on the radio
    All day it is there to remind
    An over sensitive guy
    That he's
    lost and alone

Default Battle Dome

Guess I'll join. Only one Gold Symbol in Battle Dome though. My current BF team..:

Starmie @ Lefties -- Modest
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Psychic

Metagross @ CB -- Adamant
    -EQ
    -Rock Slide
    -Shadow Ball
    -Meteor Mash

Salamence @ Lum Berry -- Adamant
    -Dragon Dance
    -Aerial Ace
    -EQ
    -Rock Slide

Quiet good. As this team brought me to 20-round-wins streak in Battle Dome. Both Swampert and his Metagross owned by my Metagross. Starmie in 2nd slot, but didn't have to use her.

Page 56 of 106 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast