Page 77 of 106 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 2643

Thread: ~The Golden Summit!~

Wow, I like it here. Hello guys! I don't have a DS, pearl, or diamond, which is kinda sad. But, I do have a gold dome symbol in emerald!!!

Default Ss

Quote Originally Posted by WaterTrainer411 View Post
    Sorry, I meant Lucario > Gliscor. Although then, I'd probably need Cress to resist fighting.

Actually Crobat, most Sandstorm teams are built like that, and also, Lucario beats the **it out of CBWeavile, switch in on NS, or IP, and that's it for Weavile as the AI is too goddamn dumb to switch(not complaining). So your argument fails. Non CB Weavile can't even KO Lucario. As devastating as Lucario is, an EndRev or Scarfer variant kills the **it out of Weavile as well.
    You can't balance a sandstorm team if it only has three pokes in it. Not enough diversity. Well, I'm going to be away 'till july 30, cya then

Oh yeah, it can't fail if you wright the wrong team, but that's watertrainer style huh :/ And the BT doesn't switch
    Last edited by Shiny Crobat; 17th July 2007 at 7:06 PM.
    I claimed Raikou as my bishie!

Spoiler:- Member, Credit and FC:

Arceus Glitch!!!

Zelda phantom hourglass SUCKED! What was bellum? Just unbelievable how simple, pffff. Needs a better version. BTW, PM me for a wifi battle.

Default Flygon

Decided that houndoom is to fragile to even use in the trapper round of the pyramid. I decided I take a flygon.

Flygon
    Adamant @ Anything that comes in handy what I have in the pyramid
    252 Attack, enough defence to get 200, enough sp-def to get 200, enough speed to get 250, rest in HP.
    Screech (too risky to 2HKO fet with quacke. If it counters I loose the round for sure.)
    EQ
    Return
    HP-ghost (If I got one)/Rockslide

250 speed is enough to outrun most things (except wild dugtrios), but that's not that a problem. Flygon needs defence against trainer pokemon.
    Like the old chinese say:
    Only Noctowl and hoothoot have better eyes
    for the dark than for the light

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Crobat View Post
    You can't balance a sandstorm team if it only has three pokes in it. Not enough diversity. Well, I'm going to be away 'till july 30, cya then

Oh yeah, it can't fail if you wright the wrong team, but that's watertrainer style huh :/ And the BT doesn't switch
    Meh, it doesn't even have to be SS based. Tar is a better DDer in the tower though.

To the second part, I'm somewhat confused. Meh, it's just that I don't BT enough, so you may be right, but I'm more into 6 on 6 on ShoddyBattle(d/p battling simulator).

See you in 2 weeks.

Default Epicness

hey all im back
    i got all 7 Gold symbols now !!!! savored the moment for about a week, traded my stuff back to Sapphire and then reset. all in all the BF rocked, and now i join the few to actually reach the Golden summet

*looks at Absol 20/20 to update*
    Last edited by Shiny Venusaur; 18th July 2007 at 2:31 PM.
    Chive on!
    I'm sick of always hearing
    All the
    sad songs on the radio
    All day it is there to remind
    An over sensitive guy
    That he's
    lost and alone

Default Congratulations

Congratulations shiny-venusaur. That's a prestige as it is, but you're not quite there yet. You also have to get the gold-plate, and the gold trophy (If you have D/P), to truly reach the golden summit.

Default misc

Quote Originally Posted by milotic111 View Post
    Congratulations shiny-venusaur. That's a prestige as it is, but you're not quite there yet. You also have to get the gold-plate, and the gold trophy (If you have D/P), to truly reach the golden summit.
    V_V crap your right, how do i get them again? i know its battle tower but how many rounds?
    Chive on!
    I'm sick of always hearing
    All the
    sad songs on the radio
    All day it is there to remind
    An over sensitive guy
    That he's
    lost and alone

Default Gold Trophy-Shield / Competitive Battling Notes

100 Battles for the Gold Shield.
    100 Battles for D/P Gold Trophy.

Also to people here interested in Competitive Battling, I recommend this:

http://www.shoddybattle.com

It's a Battling Simulator similar to Netbattle but it has D/P pokes. It still is in beta IIRC, but 89% of moves are implemented(all of the important ones are in IIRC), all of the major items are there, and all the pokemon and natures are there. A few traits are missing IIRC. Try it, you'll like it. Too many people with no defensive Dark resist = win, considering CBTar turns around games easily. Honestly, Tyranitar is probably THE best pokemon in OU, but the reason it isn't used too much is that a lot of people have no idea how to predict, and a lot of the time it takes a storm based team to work with Tyranitar. Although, you don't even need a Storm based team, and you could just save CBTar or DDTar for the lategame. Anyone who doesn't see Tyranitar as THE best OU pokemon or at least in the top 3 doesn't know much about competitive battling.

Notably, the single most overused pokemon in Standards is Blissey, who shows its face in 90% of teams, because it's really the only viable special wall now(even if it is 2HKO'ed by Modest SpecsCario Aura Sphere), and all of the others aren't nearly as good now.
    Last edited by -Discord-; 18th July 2007 at 4:51 PM.

Default Miscellaneous

Congratulations on 7 golds Shiny Venusaur as I believe only Volteon had all 7 along with the gold shield in emerald. Not sure if anyone else beside myself and Volteon here has also gotten 100 wins in emerald yet though I will probably forever not have the gold symbol for battle factory since I favor the D/P these days.

Default D/p

Since the lost of emerald, I've been paying less attention to pokemon and more to anime music videos. But I've got a lot of catching up to do. Currently, I still need to fill my pokedex with only Lucario and Uxie. I still cant figure out a nice moveset for Uxie. The smogon forums doesn't have a page for it .

As for the Factory, I don't think its worth it IMO. Though I feel like battling in the 3rd-6th rounds again in such a luck-based competition.

@ Milotic, perfect. I have a sneasel w/ ice punch. A very good coincidence in our favor. I need a flawless attack or speed or both for my Sneasel. I would give you my friend code but... I need to change my WPA password on my Gaming Router to WEP which is supported by Wi-Fi.
    I have battled the Frontier among its 7 facilities... You might say I have some confidence in my ability.

Default Trapinch and dito

@Nevada 11, Is that sneasel male with both pursuit and icepunch? If possible can you throw in an ice-shard (It's against Dragon-dancing mences). Oh and you'll have to wait till mid august before I'm ready, the game arrives here over a week.

@rest

I bred a pretty good trapinch

It is adamant with
    28-HP/31-Att/29-Def/7-OR-9-SpAtt/22-SpDef/31-Sp

I'm going to breed it for a flygon with screech/EQ/Return/RS with the following EV's:

10-HP/252-Att/32-Def/0-SpAtt/60-SpDef/156-Sp (If I remember correctly I'm going to check that later)

That means stats of
    300-HP/328-Att/202-Def/?-SpAtt/202-SpDef/275-Sp

Post Congrats

@ Shiny Venusaur: Huge congratulations and good luck if you persue the gold sheild.

@ Milotic111: For round 7, I found starmie worked quite well as every pokemon except wynaut/wobuffet are OHKO surfed and (i may have just been lucky) i didnt encouter wynaut much, and hardley never wobuffet.

Default Pyramid

Quote Originally Posted by ninjascyther View Post
    @ Shiny Venusaur: Huge congratulations and good luck if you persue the gold sheild.

@ Milotic111: For round 7, I found starmie worked quite well as every pokemon except wynaut/wobuffet are OHKO surfed and (i may have just been lucky) i didnt encouter wynaut much, and hardley never wobuffet.
    I have the feeling that I won't be that lucky. That's the reason why I want to be sure I'm not getting countered by those punchingbags. The ground types are easilydisposed off with return or quake. For the water round I'm using my lapras along with slaking once more. When/if I get to round 10, I'm using flygon once more to dispose of brandon's birds with RS.

BTW, does anyone know the speed stat of said birds?

Hey, still on vacation. Haven´t played at all, will play when I come back, good job all of you and cya!

Arceus Glitch!!!

Zelda phantom hourglass SUCKED! What was bellum? Just unbelievable how simple, pffff. Needs a better version. BTW, PM me for a wifi battle.

Default Gamestop warstory

I originally posted this on smogon though I'll repost here as well:

We went to the Gamestop tournament in Trumbull, CT as both my son & I faced each other in the finals.

Rules: no ubers, no legendaries, only hold items: any berries, double-battle

Expert Evan:
    Round 1: Started out with weavile & gyarados facing the store host whom probably though I was an old man pushover. Weavile took care of some of his pokemon while gyarados dragon danced and waterfall on infernape. When opponent's luxray came in, switched into motor-drive electivire on a luxray discharge as earthquake and a gyarados re-entry finished him off

Round 2: the crowd probably thought I'd instantly lose when I had weavile & gyarados on the field vs. infernape & magnezone as I once again switched out gyarados for electivire for an unsuspecting motor drive and flamethrower still didn't wipe out my weavile as I switched back to gyarados and did some massive sweeping with electivire's earthquake/thunderpunch and gyarados' waterfall, didn't lose a single pokemon this time.

Round 3: weavile's night slash OHKO gengar while gyarados dragon danced and both proceeded to wipe out much opposition's hope as his rhyperior, metagross & staraptor had little chance at all.

son:
    Round 1: Had no trouble with first opponent as garchomp's dragon claw OHKO dragonite though gengar's destiny bond took down his tyranitar. Still a relief to at least get through first round after our disappointing first round loss at JAA last year in Long Island, NY

Round 2: garchomp's sand veil activated several times in a row as porygon-z's ice beam kept missing, and when it did finally hit, garchomp's yache berry activated and still proceeded to rid a frustrated opponent.

Round 3: opponent had arcanine, infernape, blastoise & electivire, and while 2 of his pokemon were taken out, it took one earthquake from swampert to finish off his opponent's last 2 pokemon.

Round 4: easier than round 3 as once again garchomp's earthquake sealed his victory to go to the finals.

Final Match: father(Expert Evan) vs. son: With my son predictively expecting me to once again start with weavile & gyarados, he started out with aerodactyl & swampert as aerodactyl made the first move to CH OHKO my gyarados as weavile managed to not flinch and take out his aerodactyl with ice punch. I sent in salamence while he sent in metagross. salamence's flamethrower only did about 50% damage to metagross while meteor mash took out salamence and swampert took care of my weavile. Instead of my using electivire, I used gengar instead but it still could not do much damage to swampert so it got doomed by metagross.

Winner: son

Either way it was a win-win situation. Even though the prizes could've been better, it felt great to have either one of us win a tournament especially after both of us lost first round at JAA last year.

Default Trumbull

Quote Originally Posted by Expert Evan View Post
    I originally posted this on smogon though I'll repost here as well:

We went to the Gamestop tournament in Trumbull, CT as both my son & I faced each other in the finals.

Rules: no ubers, no legendaries, only hold items: any berries, double-battle

Expert Evan:
    Round 1: Started out with weavile & gyarados facing the store host whom probably though I was an old man pushover. Weavile took care of some of his pokemon while gyarados dragon danced and waterfall on infernape. When opponent's luxray came in, switched into motor-drive electivire on a luxray discharge as earthquake and a gyarados re-entry finished him off

Round 2: the crowd probably thought I'd instantly lose when I had weavile & gyarados on the field vs. infernape & magnezone as I once again switched out gyarados for electivire for an unsuspecting motor drive and flamethrower still didn't wipe out my weavile as I switched back to gyarados and did some massive sweeping with electivire's earthquake/thunderpunch and gyarados' waterfall, didn't lose a single pokemon this time.

Round 3: weavile's night slash OHKO gengar while gyarados dragon danced and both proceeded to wipe out much opposition's hope as his rhyperior, metagross & staraptor had little chance at all.

son:
    Round 1: Had no trouble with first opponent as garchomp's dragon claw OHKO dragonite though gengar's destiny bond took down his tyranitar. Still a relief to at least get through first round after our disappointing first round loss at JAA last year in Long Island, NY

Round 2: garchomp's sand veil activated several times in a row as porygon-z's ice beam kept missing, and when it did finally hit, garchomp's yache berry activated and still proceeded to rid a frustrated opponent.

Round 3: opponent had arcanine, infernape, blastoise & electivire, and while 2 of his pokemon were taken out, it took one earthquake from swampert to finish off his opponent's last 2 pokemon.

Round 4: easier than round 3 as once again garchomp's earthquake sealed his victory to go to the finals.

Final Match: father(Expert Evan) vs. son: With my son predictively expecting me to once again start with weavile & gyarados, he started out with aerodactyl & swampert as aerodactyl made the first move to CH OHKO my gyarados as weavile managed to not flinch and take out his aerodactyl with ice punch. I sent in salamence while he sent in metagross. salamence's flamethrower only did about 50% damage to metagross while meteor mash took out salamence and swampert took care of my weavile. Instead of my using electivire, I used gengar instead but it still could not do much damage to swampert so it got doomed by metagross.

Winner: son

Either way it was a win-win situation. Even though the prizes could've been better, it felt great to have either one of us win a tournament especially after both of us lost first round at JAA last year.

Well done EE. I guess it's nice to loose from your son in the finals. The family honor is saved at least. I would like to participate in likewise tourney's but I can't, living in Europe and so.

I'm officially jealous of all of you who have DP, DS, and WIFI. I'm gonna get a job to buy them. And, Welcome to the club much??

Default Cj14

Welcome to The Golden Summit Champion Jared as I know in the past Absol 2020 has given test to new members. Now that many of us have migrated to playing D/P instead am not sure if that's such a priority anymore.

Yes, I see that. Still jealous. Getting a gold symbol period was like the hardest thing to get to in terms of the battle, but not so hard to win.

Heh, well I've been playing on ShoddyBattle, and I've noticed a pretty strong and powerful threat that hurts the hell out of any unprepared team.

This threat is CB Relicanth. I swear, this thing hurts.

Rock Head + Head Smash (150 BP Recoil Move) + CB hurts everything. It does well over 200% to Cresselia and Blissey. It does 80% to Swampert who RESISTS it. It did 740% to a poor Dragonite, and it was a ch doing 1480% damage.

Also, Relicanth doesn't die too easily because of the Sandstorm. 300 Def with 16 Def Ev's, a 384+ HP stat, and because of Sandstorms 1.5x S.Def boost to all Rocks, it has 330+ S.Def with ~96 S.Def Ev's.

The sheer firepower is just amazing. It completely 2HKO's Skarm without a problem.
    Credit for this beautiful banner goes to IronSceptile_X

FPC -

Default Relicant

Quote Originally Posted by WaterTrainer411 View Post
    Heh, well I've been playing on ShoddyBattle, and I've noticed a pretty strong and powerful threat that hurts the hell out of any unprepared team.

This threat is CB Relicanth. I swear, this thing hurts.

Rock Head + Head Smash (150 BP Recoil Move) + CB hurts everything. It does well over 200% to Cresselia and Blissey. It does 80% to Swampert who RESISTS it. It did 740% to a poor Dragonite, and it was a ch doing 1480% damage.

Also, Relicanth doesn't die too easily because of the Sandstorm. 300 Def with 16 Def Ev's, a 384+ HP stat, and because of Sandstorms 1.5x S.Def boost to all Rocks, it has 330+ S.Def with ~96 S.Def Ev's.

The sheer firepower is just amazing. It completely 2HKO's Skarm without a problem.

If that's true, I'm really considering of using one. And it's indeed very likely that most people won't be prepared for a relicant. The only trouble is setting up a sandstorm if you're not using tar. But on the other hand. Sandstream is pretty popular. I think you can cound on the opponent to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by milotic111 View Post
    If that's true, I'm really considering of using one. And it's indeed very likely that most people won't be prepared for a relicant. The only trouble is setting up a sandstorm if you're not using tar. But on the other hand. Sandstream is pretty popular. I think you can cound on the opponent to have it.
    Yes, we know. That one is old, used by almost everyone now, easy to OHKO with energy ball etc, and very predictable. EE, great game against your son, too bad you lost. Hey, anyone has something new to report

Arceus Glitch!!!

Default Relicant

Yes, we know. That one is old, used by almost everyone now, easy to OHKO with energy ball etc, and very predictable. EE, great game against your son, too bad you lost. Hey, anyone has something new to report
    It still has potential. If you use that relicant you can see an energyball coming. Swith to dd-mence or swords-dance cross to deal with those.

Yeah, but nobody uses those pokes and they have faster pokes than that, every team has a counter anyway. Good luck using DDmence, that was it for today

Arceus Glitch!!!

Default relicanth

Yeah, but nobody uses those pokes and they have faster pokes than that, every team has a counter anyway. Good luck using DDmence, that was it for today
    I'm not going to use those. I am going to use relicanth. But as they switch into the counter, you hit it HARD with rock-smash. And you can switch to a pokemon that sets up (and preferably resists it) in the switch for the energyball. As that one switches out, you can use swords-dance/nasty-plot/dragon-dance/ect. If you have U-turn on that pokemon even better. Use a sword-danced U-turn on that counter and switch one of your own in.

Page 77 of 106 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast