Page 96 of 106 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2643

Thread: ~The Golden Summit!~

Ah, so you switch it up with your team? Yeah, that sounds fun. Change things up a bit. I knew it. I wish smogon forums were up, but they are still being moved to another server, so I'll just wait it out by hatching chansey eggs.

If you're breeding chanseys make sure they're done in emerald so it could possibly learn seismic toss and maybe counter from the move tutors, which are not available in diamond nor pearl.

Default Vaporeon

Quote Originally Posted by Expert Evan View Post
    If you're breeding chanseys make sure they're done in emerald so it could possibly learn seismic toss and maybe counter from the move tutors, which are not available in diamond nor pearl.
    Does anyone know if Vaporeon with Roar works? And good idea EE.
    I claimed Raikou as my bishie!

Spoiler:- Member, Credit and FC:

Arceus Glitch!!!

Zelda phantom hourglass SUCKED! What was bellum? Just unbelievable how simple, pffff. Needs a better version. BTW, PM me for a wifi battle.

Vaporeon?

I would comment on that for you, but you have more gold symbols than me. Personally, for me, it may, if I don't want to deal with the likes of any electric type, or Ludicolo. All bulky Vaporeons I see are armed with Surf, Ice beam, Shadow Ball for Starmies, and either rest, or body slam, but I think I'd go with acid armor, but that's totally up to you.

Default ?

Quote Originally Posted by Champion Jared 14 View Post
    Vaporeon?

I would comment on that for you, but you have more gold symbols than me. Personally, for me, it may, if I don't want to deal with the likes of any electric type, or Ludicolo. All bulky Vaporeons I see are armed with Surf, Ice beam, Shadow Ball for Starmies, and either rest, or body slam, but I think I'd go with acid armor, but that's totally up to you.
    Golden Symbols have nothing to do with it. Actually I was asking if it would work on Shoddy, to counter Suicune.

Arceus Glitch!!!

Zelda phantom hourglass SUCKED! What was bellum? Just unbelievable how simple, pffff. Needs a better version. BTW, PM me for a wifi battle.

does anyone believe Garchomp can K.O a whole team. cause many people complain about Garchomp.
    Last edited by Falco320; 13th June 2008 at 5:21 AM.

^credit to Sandslashtaggerung^
    Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

Default Garchomp

Quote Originally Posted by Falco320 View Post
    does anyone believe Garchomp can K.O a whole team. cause many people complain about Garchomp.
    Garchomp is by far the most used Pokemon in the metagame, but a well made team can beat it. I think every team should be able to at least revenge kill Garchomp.

Arceus Glitch!!!

Most people actually complain about sandveil. Because if you DO have something that can take it, you only have 80% chance of doing so.
    Like the old chinese say:
    Only Noctowl and hoothoot have better eyes
    for the dark than for the light

Well garchomp is by far the most used OU pokemon on shoddybattle and there's even private discussion going on at this time about putting garchomp in the Uber tier which I'm personally against. While garchomp may not have a higher attack base compared to salamence, it does make up for it in stronger STAB and a slightly faster speed and also has bulky stats too.

I am planning on buying PBR this week, and I am busy with an on-line team (wich I can't use yet for a month, but in that time I can start breeding). I was thinking of scarf-plosion, CB-kiss, scarf-porygon, CB duggy, forretress and milotic.

I already have porygon (thanks to EE, it works really well). and milotic.

And this morning I chained an adamant togepi with hustle and 31 att, good hp/def and reasonable sp.def. The only downside is his speed. 15 max and 10 min. But togekiss is not that much faster than stuff without a boosting nature.

On shoddy battle I came to realize that CB+hustle+Stab+102 base power (return) 2HKO's both gliscor and cresselia while doing at least 60% to blissey.

So it can work like this.
    I sent out togekiss against something that doesn't like kiss. So he sends out blissey to take the special hit. I use return and take a nice chunk of her health. After seeing this they are surprised and hopefully send in gliscor or cressy, who take around 50%. Provided they all hit, I can KO something after that.

Default showdown letdown

Sorry, but you were not randomly selected to participate in a Pokémon Video Game Showdown Qualifier Tournament. However, in the event that less than 128 invited participants in either age group show up at a Qualifier Tournament, alternates may be randomly selected from those in attendance. It's not a guarantee to participate, but it's worth a shot if you don't have a space reserved. Space may be limited, so show up early. And while you're there, you might even get a chance to meet Pikachu!
    While I'm not all that happy about not being selected to participate in this year's showdown at New York, I think my chances of being an alternate would be rather slim if I do happen to go. My son usually likes to go to a card shop to play yugioh on Saturdays so I'll have to figure out an excuse to get us all go into New York City that day. I doubt saying we'll go to the Museum of Natural History afterwards would be much of an incentive, especially not the chance to get to meet Pikachu of course.

Default Showdown

While I'm not all that happy about not being selected to participate in this year's showdown at New York, I think my chances of being an alternate would be rather slim if I do happen to go. My son usually likes to go to a card shop to play yugioh on Saturdays so I'll have to figure out an excuse to get us all go into New York City that day. I doubt saying we'll go to the Museum of Natural History afterwards would be much of an incentive, especially not the chance to get to meet Pikachu of course.
    You could always go on your own. Or check the internet for a shop in NY for your son. (I wish we'd have cardshops like that here). Just plan the trip there and make it a cool day. Easy. There's no need for your son to go though. I assume Showdown won't take that long.

Arceus Glitch!!!

Default Bump

Sorry, but I wanted to ask you guys a question. Does anyone want to keep this thread alive?

Arceus Glitch!!!

That really depends on how others feel. The way I see it since I am after all a co-owner but a rather inactive co-owner here:

Pros:
    1. This club has lasted for almost 2 years and managed to complete one tournament.
    2. member base is high though how many of them are actually still active?

Cons:
    1. Absol 20/20 has not been active here anymore
    2. Emerald battle frontier is not as high a priority in the game as it used to be though it is still useful for battle points used towards valuable emerald move tutors and breeding projects.

If I had to answer this question, I would reluctantly say "no" towards keeping this thread alive. Why? Because none of us co-owners are as active here anymore since I'm over at Smogon and as a moderator there too. I see Volteon has become a moderator here at serebii forums though I would be interested in what he has to say here. I would also say "yes" only because this club does have a history and when Pokemon Platinum does come out then I expect it to be active once again. Pokemon d/p does have the battle tower but once I did beat it I had no incentive to continue there so I am going to wait it out until Platinum comes out. I suppose whomever wants to keep this club active can always start a new club and close this one.

Before we do anything further, I would like to hear what Volteon has to say.

I would say yes. Due to platinums frontier this thread can bloom again. Although we could put this thread to sleep till platinum comes out.

I would hate to see this thread die because I'm still alive. Most of these times, I don't update on my daily happenings on Pokemon Pearl for a while now. Over the past two months I've lost data on Pearl and had to start over. Glad to say unlike my Emerald, I didn't lose too much. Just one flawless atk/spd ditto, quad-flawless garchomp, and a great dragonite. A year ago when I lost my emerald, I lost over 50 bred-ev trained pokemon =o. I've recovered from my Pearl loss and got some great ubers.

Also I took advantage this time of the fact that synchronize works on legendaries( which I previously learned after I caught Palkia) and used it for a great Palkia this time around. Excluding Cresselia, all my new soft-resetted pokemon have >20 iv's in at least 5 stats. In one case, I caught an almost triple-flawless Giratina =). I did soft-reset for Deoxys and Darkrai and currently completing the dex in Emerald. I guess you can say its sort of a fresh start and a more experienced one for me.

I sure do you hope this thread can attract more members in 2009-2010 where Pokemon Platinum will be at its prime like Emerald once was from late 2005 to early 2007.
    Last edited by nevada11; 5th July 2008 at 8:50 AM.
    I have battled the Frontier among its 7 facilities... You might say I have some confidence in my ability.

Well then, for those of you that would like to see this thread stay alive so be it. After all it has over 2000 posts and if anybody is interested in steering this club forward then let it be known. I wish I could edit the lead post though.

I remember Volteon had some power of the club. I wonder if she's dropped her position or forgotten her entire role.
    I have battled the Frontier among its 7 facilities... You might say I have some confidence in my ability.

There is a feature that I know from being a moderator at Smogon and that is the ability to merge posts together. So whomever wants to become the owner here I suppose we could request a mod to merge Absol's lead post with any of us so that the new owner can at least edit the lead posts. I would prefer someone else to become the new owner since I already have my obligations over on Smogon anyways.

I'm a he =o

And sure we need this to regain the power it had two years ago, but I'm almost sure it will. Moderator here too makes it hard to visit here, but I won't be as inactive as before.

Anyways, what do you think about the new Frontier?

I see 5 facilities only... and a maybe 6th considering the arena-like thing in the middle.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

Default showdown

Yesterday was the showdown event in Los Angeles as I saw there was this post on Smogon which had pictures and stories of what happened there. Next Saturday is New York but at this point I do not plan on going there since I was not selected in the random drawing and expect it would be tough trying to get in as an alternate. If I do go it will be a last minute decision.

Anyways, congratulation for Volteon on getting the lead post thanks to the club moderators for making this happen as it's important for an active member to be able to make edits to the lead post so we can stay active which should hold us for when Pokemon Platinum comes out.

There's a tournament in New York? I would love to go at anytime but seeing how my Pearl data was erased I have nothing but ubers. Anyway I didn't try to get selected to begin with.

Successfully hatched my first triple flawless in Pokemon Pearl. Its a Male Jolly Starly with Double-Edge and Pursuit thanks to a father fearow and an emerald move tutor. I'm going to chain starly with a LOT of future pairs since it has Pursuit. It might make breeding a whole lot easier.

Sorry Volteon for the mis-confusion. I always thought Jolteon was more of a feminine favorite pokemon I initially thought. BF lookls great though. Wanted more facilties =o

Oh yeah, just received Wi-Fi now that I finally got permission to handle my household's router settings =D. Now I can clone on GTS and perform IV Battles. Too bad on GTS you can't request items =/
    Last edited by nevada11; 16th July 2008 at 4:39 AM.

As it stands now, I am 50/50 on going to Showdown New York which will be at the Altman Building which I believe is on 14th street on Saturday. Alternates hoping to get in need to get there as early as 8:45am EST and that is a deterrent of me wanting to go. If I do go, I hope it'll be worthwhile, otherwise I can hope for another opportunity.

Nevada, no problems! Congrats on the Staraptor! I love using it on Wi-Fi.

Anyways, congratulation for Volteon on getting the lead post thanks to the club moderators for making this happen as it's important for an active member to be able to make edits to the lead post so we can stay active which should hold us for when Pokemon Platinum comes out.
    No, thank you for your idea! I didn't knew it was possible to do that!

Not a very interesting post x_X you can ignore this one.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

Now that we can move forward, I wonder how many of our existing members have at least visited the forum this year. When Pokemon Platinum is close to coming around, perhaps we can try to PM the inactive members to see if they are still into pokemon at least.

Page 96 of 106 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100 ... LastLast