Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Dawn of a New Era (472)

In my opinion Nando should have just been a COTD. Hardly got any character development and had perhaps the worst league battle ever. Oh well. In this episode Dawn has her first battle, the twerps learn that TR has a Carnivine, and a character who hardly gets any development throughout the saga is introduced. Not the best episode. Seeing Prinplup was nice, especially considering Kenny wasn't introduced yet. Meh.

Great episode WOW! o_o Nando is calm I like it, Budew is so cute bwahaha and the twerps couldn't recognize Team Rocket's disguises that's a new low for them! XD

Brock only brought Bonsly with him and Dawn's first battle was a fail, then Ash beats Nando's Roselia.

9.5/10

I've been saying the trio interaction was bland most of the time but for this episode was actually nice, Ash discussing with Dawn and then Brock acting like the role model.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapatio View Post
    Imagine if Satoshi had deepened more in the subject of the legendary ones:

Satoshi: "Yeah, I saw to Ho-oh the first time I left my town... Oh yeah, I met with Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Rayquaza, Manaphy, I was killed by Mewtwo, I mounted Lugia to save the world of Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno, Latias falled in love with me, I battled Regirock, Registeel, Regice and Articuno, defeating the last two, and... I think that's all ^^"

Hikari: O_o
    That would have been sooo funny to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Umi Mizuno View Post
    I hope she didn't brain his damage!

Not much else to comment about on this episode. It was good, but not ultimately entertaining. Then again this season is still just starting out, so You got to give it time to get more exciting.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Nando will be a strong rival for both Ash and Dawn

This episode was ok... It was cool to see Nando and his Budew for the 1st time. Budew is cute and strong for a small pre-evolved Pokemon. It was cool to see Budew evolve into Roselia. It was cool to see Prinplup for the 1st time. It was cool to see Bunneary for the 1st time, Bunneary is so cute! Once again Dawn fails to catch another wild Pokemon. The Pikachu vs Roselia battle was cool. It was great to see Pikachu use Iron Tail to defeat Roselia. It was cool to see Nando interested in both Contests and gym battles.

29/100

How does Dawn go from saving Ash's Pikachu to acting like a fail? O_o

Nando was sort of creepy as well.......but the battles were ok.

This episode was funny but I think there was no need for the fighting. Dawn was a beginner, so battling with her might have not been the smartest idea anyway. Piplup is stubby and trips alot.

My ideal battle ever!

Dawn completely sucked in that battle. Oh well, at least she has experience now.

Nano was one strange dude with an even stranger pokemon. I never liked Roselia all that much. :S

Nice to see he finally made up his mind on what his goal will be, but it was kind of obvious he was going to choose both.

This episode was funny, I liked it alot. Dawn was acting so cute in this episode XD. The fighting between Ash and Dawn was quite funny and I liked both battles against Nando.

I give this episode a 10/10!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Never cared for Nando all that much. Maybe it's because he hardly got any screen time. As for the episode, it was annoying.

Default "Dawn of a New Era!"

In the last episode, Dawn joined Ash in his Sinnoh journey and we got the confermation that she'll be Ash's travelling partner for the rest of the DP saga.
    This episode starts with Dawn trying to get herself a Buneary, but she forgets to make her Pokéball bigger. After Ash reminded her about it, she makes it bigger and throws it.....but her hand slips and the Pokéball hits Ash instead of hitting Buneary. The wild Buneary runs away, so Ash and Dawn began to argue about it. Later they meet a trainer named Nando and Dawn decides to battle him for showing Ash how strong she is. She ended up losing the battle. Later Brock reveals that he brought only Blonsly with him and Dawn learns that he's the Pewter City Gym leader. In the Pokémon Center, Dawn thinks the Nurse Joy is the same Nurse Joy. Brock tells her that all Nurse Joy her related and then he tries to flirt with Nurse Joy by holding her hand. Also, Ash registers for the Sinnoh League.
    Later Nando show up and Nurse Joy says that he's trying to decide whether to focus on winning Gym badges or focus on winning Contest ribbons. After Ash defeats Nando in a battle, he decides do both Contests and Gyms. Ash and Dawn apologize to each other and then they head to Jubilife City.

Overall this episode was pretty good, it's funny when Dawn forgot to make her Pokéball bigger and accidently threw it in Ash's head. Seeing Nando for first time was cool, sadly he didn't get much development throughout the DP saga. It's annoying to see Ash and Dawn were arguing over a stupid reason throughout the episode, but I'm glad they apologized at the end.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 10th December 2013 at 12:35 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I don't think I noticed before how polite Nando is when asking his Pokemon to attack.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Dawn failing to catch a Buneary again was sad, but I loved that she and Ash got on each other's nerves here. Nando's Budew was adorable before it evolved, and I liked the night scene where Ash and friends talked to Nando around the campfire; too bad that Kricketot was reduced to a cameo. I also liked Ash's Ho-Oh reference/flashback.

Looking back at this episode now its rather odd Ash and Dawn had a bickering episode so early into the series. I remember when this ep first aired people thought Ash/Dawn would fight as much as Ash/Misty, and I can't blame them because this was only the 4th episode of the series at the time.

I think in early DP the writers didn't know how they wanted Dawn's personality to be yet, so they were experimenting with her a bit before settling on her extremely girly Ash-like personality she got.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678