Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dawn of a New Era (472)

Default Dawn of a New Era (472)

Dawn of a New Era

After popping Team Rocket's Balloon, Ash & Dawn argue about Hikari's experience. Dawn is eager to show her worth as a trainer and challenges a trainer who has the Pokémon Budew. It is Dawn's first battle with her new Pokémon, will Piplup be able to defeat Budew despite the type disadvantage?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
    Last edited by Chris; 2nd April 2007 at 11:59 AM.

Pics are now up on Serebii.net

Pochama's evolution is smaller than I thought it would be. Masukippa looks to be Victreebel all over again. Meh.

LMAO @ Roselia getting KOd immediately after it just evolved. Can't be good for the thing's self-esteem...
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I havent seen the episode yet because it hasnt been released...but lets just say that I already knew Ash would get a Naetle ;X

3DS: 1590 4683 0583, Wii:1455 7087 4777 5760, PSN: MidnightScott

I love the Nintendo 3DS, games owned: 17
    Japanese Flare Red 3DS GET! 1891 1352 3198

OH. MY. HOLY.SOCK. BASKET!
    Pottashi looks freaking AWESOME! Oh GOD, it's like Combusken mrk. 2 or something! Jebus effing christ, Hikari's penguin needs to grow up and evolve in that water 'shamo ASAP! So freakin' adorable! ~^.^~

That was easily the best part of this episode.

Masukippa can try to be Victreebel, but without the ear-splitting scream, it'll never come close.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    OH. MY. HOLY.SOCK. BASKET!
    Pottashi looks freaking AWESOME! Oh GOD, it's like Combusken mrk. 2 or something! Jebus effing christ, Hikari's penguin needs to grow up and evolve in that water 'shamo ASAP! So freakin' adorable! ~^.^~

That was easily the best part of this episode.

Masukippa can try to be Victreebel, but without the ear-splitting scream, it'll never come close.
    Good, I hated Victreebel...

So it appears that Subomi uses some attacks that are new to the 4th Gen... can anybody tell what they are and perhaps what they do?

Finally! Pikachu wins its first official battle in Shinou. I feel so proud. I didn't expect to see Pottashi though. That was a nice bonus. Although I was a bit dissapointed at how predictable this episode was, with Pochama losing and all.
    Ruby Team: Groudon, Nuzleaf, Camerupt, Blaziken, Hariyama, Manectric
    New FireRed Team: Charmeleon, Pidgeotto, Mankey, Pikachu, Raticate, Diglett
    Emerald Team: Blaziken, Gardevoir, Swellow, Sudowoodo, Mightyena, Rayquaza
    Pearl Team: Infernape, Staraptor, Luxray, Floatzel, Bibarel, Drifblim
    Legendaries: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Groudon, Jirachi, Rayquaza

Hikari and Ash getting into a fight complete with Brock telling them to knock it off reminds me of Misty.

Hikari, hello? You're the girl who wanted to travel with Ash/Brock in the first place, if you can't stand Ash already, why not travel by yourself like you were originally planning on doing? Hikari traveling with them in the first place makes little sense, unlike May, who basically needed to learn from Ash to get anywhere.

The rest of the episode looks fairly good, but the D/P saga so far does give me an AG vibe. At least the D/P saga isn't any worse than AG, but it's certainly not any better either. It's a consistent quality but it needs some originality.

I guess this basically proves that the D/P saga will stick to the same formula we had for years, ah well.

Having seen the episode...
    So it appears that Hikari is trying to catch the bunny poke again. Ash tries to get involved and somehow when Hikari is throwing the pokeball it winds up hitting Ash. they are argueing. Pocchama is upset that the bunny runs away. They are still argueing and then Brock yells at both of them and the light gives way to subomi. They meet up with Naoshi. Hikari and Naoshi battle, Hikari loses. They are walking back and Brock introduces Bonsly and tells them that its his only pokemon. They meet up at the pokemon center. It isnt clear from pics but it appears Hikari looks at Brock's book to see a bunch of Nurse Joy pics and then Brock runs up and does his usual thing. Hikari talks to mom and Ash registers for the Shinou league. Random Pottashi cameo and Hikari dexes it. Naoshi actually looks like a pretty cool character. As well as an original design. He drops Subomi off at poke center. TR does some lame antic that fails miserably and Masukippa always stays attached to the side of James head. The crew and Naoshi go to a campfire. All these random pokemon appear as he plays a song. They are talking and Ash tells them about his Ho-oh sighting at the beggining of his journey and I believe Hikari recalls her emerito sighting. Pikachu battles Subomi and they are both fighting well. Subomi then evolves to Roselia. Roselia gets KO's with iron tail.

Brock seemed to have more attention than normal in AG. It may just be the beggining episodes though.
    Last edited by ghost master; 6th October 2006 at 1:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Hikari and Ash getting into a fight complete with Brock telling them to knock it off reminds me of Misty.

Hikari, hello? You're the girl who wanted to travel with Ash/Brock in the first place, if you can't stand Ash already, why not travel by yourself like you were originally planning on doing? Hikari traveling with them in the first place makes little sense, unlike May, who basically needed to learn from Ash to get anywhere.

The rest of the episode looks fairly good, but the D/P saga so far does give me an AG vibe. At least the D/P saga isn't any worse than AG, but it's certainly not any better either. It's a consistent quality but it needs some originality.

I guess this basically proves that the D/P saga will stick to the same formula we had for years, ah well.
    Hey, its something different unlike everything else rehashed. Be happy with what you got.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

It was a good episode, but nothing we haven't seen in this show before.

From what I saw I enjoyed the Hikari/Ash fighting, it did remind me of Misty/Ash a little, they faught about every thing from what it seemed from the pictures. I enjoyed it though, can't wait for next week's, why did Brock only bring one freakin Pokemon if he knows about Team Rocket? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyphantomhott View Post
    why did Brock only bring one freakin Pokemon if he knows about Team Rocket? LOL.
    Because Brock likes to purposely handicap himself so the heroes, (either Ash and May or Ash and Hikari) do all the battling.

Why do you think Brock always stands there like a statue as the others face off against Team Rocket instead of helping them?

The writers only having Brock bring Bonsly pretty much proves the writers consider him to be nothing more than a third wheel.

Just saw the episode and from what I saw it was ok, though it seemed a little boring. I thought the part in the begin where Hikari threw the pokeball at Ash was pretty funny, this eventually lead to them to fight for the rest of the episode. Later now they argued about where to go first, contest or gym. Not a great way to start a new relationship I have to say. Can't wait for the next.
    Last edited by Jze0; 6th October 2006 at 11:17 PM.

Hooray! Seviper, Cacnea and Dustox are in the (okay) opening!

They are staying!

Anyway, the episode was okay. All I saw was more of the same. Hopefully that will change with the coming of more episodes.

I like the new pokedex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    After popping Team Rocket's Balloon, Ash 7 Hikari argue about Hikari's experience. HIkari is eager to show her worth as a trainer and challenges a trainer who has the Pokémon Subomi. It is Hikari's first battle with her new Pokémon, will Pochama be able to defeat Subomi despite the type disadvantage?
    Is the bolded part correct? The part with Team Rocket is very stupid. They can see the freaking R!!! Well, thats all my comments.
    This signature is just a plot device to keep me moving.

Their is that wascly wabbit again!

Decent episode but nothing special. At least we got a good battle. I miss Sceptile .

OH!

And.....KOROBOOSHI(S)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kabuto
    At least we got a good battle.
    The only complaint i have about the battle is Mukkuru should've been the one fighting to TAKE VENGENCE FOR TAILOW LOOSING TO ROSELIA LONG AGO!!!!!!!

Funny thing is i expected this episode to focus on Hikari more, which didn't happen, heck Ash's battle was longer than hers it seems, and at least unlike Nicholai we got to see the battle end.

I dislike that Ash basically came in at the end and randomly beats the Roselia. It's kinda like saying "Haha, Hikari, you suck!" I swear, she's lost so much in these first few matches. Oh well. Seeing the pictures, I can't say anything special about this. I pray that the attack Subomi used was either Absorb, Mega Drain or Giga Drain. It'd be the first time the attack was seen. Pikachu's use here was unnecessary. It's still not battling up to par. At least Mukkuru got some screentime. But eh, this seemed like a boring filler. I'll watch it, but the most entertaining thing is the new opening. THAT is kickbutt. I hope Ash is the one to catch Buoysel, as that thing is just beyond cute.

Final thoughts: Good animation from what I see so far, but rather boring. You'd think after a few seasons, Ash would've learned about Team Rocket's disguises. I hate to think he's that dumb.

Well she is a beginner while Ash is experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    I dislike that Ash basically came in at the end and randomly beats the Roselia. It's kinda like saying "Haha, Hikari, you suck!" I swear, she's lost so much in these first few matches.
    Considering she's a newbie and she fights with Ash in this ep because of her inflated ego, it makes much more sense for her to lose.

I like the fact that Hikari thinks she knows what she's doing but she's still incompetent, it makes watching her losses a lot of fun. Reminds me of watching May's learning curves and all her blunders in early Hoenn.

Newbie trainers are always fun to watch, (a main reason people prefer Kanto Ash over Ash now), and I'm glad to see Hikari have some major losses and screw ups.

Here's hoping Hikari loses her first Contest too, but if her rival debuts in that ep, than her loss is a given anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem
    I hope Ash is the one to catch Buoysel, as that thing is just beyond cute.
    getting off topic for a moment i don't think you have to worry about that, Buoysel is the only water type other than poochama this gen that can fight on land, guess what that means.

You'd think after a few seasons, Ash would've learned about Team Rocket's disguises. I hate to think he's that dumb.
    He is only dumb because the writers made him that way, of course everytime he goes into battle he get's his game face on and kicks butt, except when ghosts come his way>_>

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast