Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of a New Era (472)

This episode was pretty good. I thought it was funny when Ash and Dawn were arguing. It was neat to see a Budew. It was kinda cool to see the Sunny Day-Solar Beam combo again. It was kinda funny when Dawn commented on Brock’s behavior to Nurse Joy. It was really cool to see a Prinplup. The Team Rocket disguise was one of the worst. I mean, their Team Rocket uniforms are showing and Meowth practically walks up to them. It was good to see a Kricketot. It was cool to see a Mega Drain in the anime (not sure if it’s been done before), although it would’ve been cooler if it was Giga Drain. It was also cool to see Budew evolve into Roselia.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I loved the dub of it, some nice music in it too.

The only things that bothered me were
    -The horrible animation! YUK! But, I got over it, I mean the guy doesn't animate ALL episodes (only a few).
    -When Ash said to Dawn by the camp fire "I'm not always Mr.Nice"
    -The whole Dawn's mother scene was a bit awkward "You're watching over MY Dawn." lol

I liked the refrences, the battles and overall, the arguments! It was a great episode despite the animation, which at some points had it's ups (Dawn looked REALLY fat at one point and Brock had a giant extendo arm).

Nando's voice fit him well.
    That awkward moment when three years after inactivity you feel the need to come back to the fandom.

Okay, Nando (is that the guy's name?) is Pokemon's stab at Naginyo. All he needs to do now is show up randomly singing to the ladies. But that's okay, Pokemon has been spoofing other animes (and everything else for that matter) since it started.

And yes Dawn, they're clones.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

It was an alright episode, nothing impressive. I didn't watch this episode earlier so I'm kinda surprised that Dawn was so good in battle.

Nando was good and the animation wasn't *that* bad. It was ok.

Budew was cute and I liked how it used the Solarbeam.

It was nice to see this episode in motion. The animation wasn't bad, and I had a feeling that Nando would sound the way he did. Overall, I liked it. Have I meniton how muc hI LOVE Dawn's voice? Cause I do.

I was also expecting SOMEONE to say "Spooney Bard".

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    I was also expecting SOMEONE to say "Spooney Bard".
    Heh, I believe I said it when I watched it.

I liked Nando's accent, It fit him well, and I like what PUSA did with the forest song, They kept Kricketot's japanese voice. ^^

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Dawn annoys me already, I really need to give her time so I can get use to her. She blames ash for being a clumsy idiot. Cool battle with Ash and that Nando guy.
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

Ok then.
    That Budew's voice was just awful. There was even a point where it's mouth moved and only silence spoke. Not to mention I'm really starting to wish Poochama kept it's Japanese name. Seeing little blue jumping up and down in the original version screaming "Poocha-Poocha" compaired to the annoying "Pip-lup-lup" makes me cringe. Now I see how people like S.Suikun get defensive over their beloved Japanese versions. I'm starting to hop on the band-wagon.

Meh episode for me. But hell, it's just the start of the adventure, so patience is a vurtue I guess.

4 outta 10 from me

-PANCAKE-
    Monkeys are rather expensive :-|

I thought it was an ok episode i was glad ash won he needs to win more often he should have enough knowledge of pokemon by now how i mean how long has he been at it... and i dont like the piplup name either they should have kept poochama...
    Nando also shouldnt have had that budew it was cute but Drew already had one they should show somthing different...

The horrible animation! YUK! But, I got over it, I mean the guy doesn't animate ALL episodes (only a few).
    I noticed that too, their faces looked wierd in places and Dawn looked really tall, then Ash would, then they look be normal...

I thought it was funny when Dawn thought she saw a Ho-Oh. I've been wondering if that filler person who battled Ash and Dawn is actually a filler person (where they say they will see them again but never do) or whether he might actually make another appearance

Nope, Nando does indeed make an apperance again.

He sounded different to how I expected. Like, he didn't sound natural, as if he was trying too hard to be all 'at one'.

However this was a cool episode, bit tedious what with Ash and Brock constantly reminding the audience of everything, but thats expected at the beginning of a season.

Well...

-*sighs* Another boy vs girl fight. This does bring back so many memories! (i.e. beginning episodes of Indigo and The Bicker The Better in Hoenn)
    -Budew is so cool and cute and I do like the voice.
    -Nando...HE SOUNDED LIKE WANDISIMO FROM THE FAIRLY ODD PARENTS!!! I'm sorry, he just did.
    -Seeing a Roselia that isn't Drew's...it just doesn't seem right.
    -Dawn's first battle...I do agree with Nando at that she did pretty good considering she was up against a grass type. And now that I think about it, May had it pretty rough in her first battle (i.e. Torchic vs Mudkip).

And that's all I want to comment on for now!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by PANCAKE View Post
    Now I see how people like S.Suikun get defensive over their beloved Japanese versions.
    I do? 0_o
    As adorable as Pochama's voice is, I actually think Piplup's voice is perfectly suitable and does the original justice. The tone is pretty similar, and the key difference is the name spoken. If you don't like the name, I'd probably blame NOA well before I blamed the VA.

I also noticed that part where Budew's mouth moved and nothing came out, but I figured I just wasn't hearing things right.

A few of these early DP episodes are kinda boring, this one included.
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 9th June 2007 at 4:04 AM.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

If he dose both then maybe we'll see him in the Grand Festival and Pokemon League

EDIT New Rank

[

I liked Nando's dub voice, nice to have a unique voice for a character who will reappear.

Anyone else think the animation team for this episode was crap?

Anyway, I really liked this episode. Nothing much really happened but it was enjoyable. Nando has a good dub voice. It is soft and mysterious. I just wish that Ash would of used another pokemon other then Pikachu in the battle against Budew.

I enjoyed this episode it wasn't graphically amazing but good.

Nando voice was Odd but I liked it
    Dawn did exceptionally well for her first battle
    I the forest song part
    ash's pikachu pwned that budew
    The awesome Dragonite has been claimed by me.

Anyone find it weird how Nando always asked Budew/Roselia to do its attacks?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Ram View Post
    Dawn annoys me already, I really need to give her time so I can get use to her. She blames ash for being a clumsy idiot. Cool battle with Ash and that Nando guy.
    Yah that part annoyed me, I mean who blames a person they just barley started to travel with for there newbish skills. But at least she said she was sorry I suppose. I did enjoy the episode, the fighting was cute and the animation was nice. Team Rockets disguise was horrible LOL. Anyways I enjoyed it. I give it a 9/9

This was an alright episode.
    Dawn hitting Ash with the pokeball rocked, and Nando was pretty cool, and polite. I wonder how he is doing now that he has like 12 or 13 things to get on his journey. TR's disguise was stupid, and I know that Ash and the group have fallen for them so many times (and it kinda shocks me that Pikachu can't smell their scent or realise that is them by their voices, but whatever), but with that big R, sometimes they do surprise me, how they don't see it. I don't really have much to say on their arguing , except for it was nice to see some arguing in the group, kinda reminded me of A/M fighting.
    Favorite Quote:
    Mr.Moseby (to Zack and Cody) : All right, but I will get the both of you, and your little hawk too.
    - Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Anyone else think the animation team for this episode was crap?
    I second that. Ugh, it was painful on the eyes in some places...

Meh, I found this episode average. I really didn't enjoy it that much, and overall it came across as 'boring' except maybe for Nando's voice. It was rather fitting for him, IMO. And when Dawn hit Ash with the Pokeball I admit I did chuckle at that.

The fighting didn't seem as 'fighting-like' (all time vocab-low ^^ as it should have been...like in 'The Bicker the Better' but then again in that episode the issues were a lot more...personal. This one is when they first start travelling so they don't have much to fight about anyway ^^;

And compared to the first actual episode in Hoenn (for D/P I count the first three episodes as one whole thing since they were coupled together in the 'Premiere' and all that...). In Hoenn I believe the first one was where they introduced Magma for the first time. And that made it interesting because people wanted to know what this whole team was about.

This one lacked that 'excitement' but I think it was a nice, simple easy-going way to kick things off. Quite the contrary to Hoenn and all, but I like that contrast.

God, I just realized I contradicted myself so many times in this post <_<
    "Why don't you buy your cane in a medical supply store like a normal cripple?"

Nando has a pretty awesome voice, and the fight between Ash and Dawn reminded me of the Ash and Misty fights early on. Ah, the not-so-good old days...

My one complaint is what it seems everyone is ranting about. TR has had some pretty bad disguises over the years, but this was the worst. I mean, the big red 'R' was obvious right under those poncho-robe-things!

All in all, a good episode. Now, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's episode, Gettin' Twiggy With It. Yay for Turtwig!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

Not too bad an episode really (I love torrents...), Dawn's first battle wasn't a bad one, and Nando was cool.

I also liked the bit with the forest singing.

Just a pity that Budew evolving was already spoiled by the preview picture on the main site.

This was a fairly good episode, in my eyes, the battles were cool, Nando was a good character, though his accent sorta got on my nerves during the end, he was tolerable and his Budew was adorable.

I find it a big shame that is evolved, this early on atleast, enough of the Roselia already...

The whole forest song thing was great, too, though it was a little strange how it only seemed to start when it was actually mentioned, rather than being there in the background from the start, the Kricketot's look great, I can't wait for them to get a proper showcasing...

7/10
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

Sushi Bunny is offline ハチミツをたべてる フっフっフっ

Nando sounds like Mandy the astounding from the episode "Round one! Begin!" That kind of scared me... So I shall now call him Nando the astounding!

They really need to think up better disguises for team rocket... Where's James in a dress! Well I know why they didn't know it was team rocket this time, Ash was still suffering from the brain damage he recieved from Dawn/Hikari in the begining of the episode, Hikari/Dawn hasn't seen team rocket to much so she can get away with it (for now...), And Brock always has his eyes closed so he couldn't see their pathetic disguises (now I sound like shinji, pathetic), Pikachu on the other hand has no excuse, So this could prove that Pikachu is tired of trying to be captured by them so it just wants to give up and get it over with.

when they were in the forest and all the Pokemon started singing, I just found that annoying, it was interesting to hear, but I would be tossing and turning and probably screaming at the Pokemon if I had to listen to that all night. Although then again it sounds like the Pokemon must have off switches, since they completely stopped singing as soon as everyone else started talking.

Well anyway, it was ok episode.

L o v eC o m

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast