Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of a New Era (472)

The dub episode wasn't at all bad, even though Team Rocket's new motto made them too obnoxious.

in the episode,wat was with the argument!The bikering between ash and dawn reaaally confused me!First about catching buneary,then Namoi(i think)entering contests or gym battles,etc.I mean,hakuna matata!

i hate this episode i watched it on you tube

nandos voice was weird but it suited him in a strange way
    This episode was ok though

i saw dis episode bt i dnt know where to download the rest of them..... cn anyone pllllzzzz help me out?

Please be patient with me, folks, as I catch up on fifteen months of Pokemon reviews due to being away from the forum with a cr*ppy Internet connection (thank the gods for High-speed!)

I have grown to like Nando with his subsequent appearances on the show. He's not as interesting as Zoey, Paul, Reggie, or Gardenia, but he's an interesting character. He's at least someone a bit different with a flair for the dramatic and for music. I find it interesting that he chooses to participate in both gym battles and contests, it makes one wonder how he'll pull it all off.

I also like the reaction Ash has when budew evolves into roselia, and Dawn's reaction to Brock hitting on Nurse Joy like Officer Jenny.

I wasn't sure about Brock bringing Bonsly to Sinnoh back when this episode first aired, since he had finer Pokemon he could have brought (especially Steelix), and Bonsly was annoying when it was young, but it's grown to be an amusing pokemon. It does make sense, though, in a way, because Bonsly was his least-experienced pokemon, as was Forretress when he brought it to Hoenn. At least Bonsly/Sudowoodo hasn't been rarely-seen like Forretress was.
    Last edited by wobbanut; 17th August 2008 at 10:27 PM.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

With all the people on the show, it's nice to meet someone who isn't like everyone else, Nando. Poor Dawn, still unable to catch a pokemon, keep on trying. Even though Ash and Dawn founght, they got along in the end. I thought it was cool that Nandos budew evolved.

I liked how Dawn AND Ash have the same Rival, even though we've barely seen him since...
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

This episode's title is so confusing I always think, from the title, it is the first episode od the series.

I really have nothing to say in this episode, really.... but it was so funny when Ash and Dawn ran out of the pokemon center and were searching for Nando, then Brock saud see what you did now we have to camp out. that was really stupid to me how can they run so far and say we can't go back or it will be morning.

the battling was alright, i liked how thay showed Budew, to be cute and powerful
    I'm Back!!!
    FC is 4656 6891 6580

Eh decent episode. Nice to see Dawns first battle and such.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Okay episode. Nice debut episode for Budew, and seeing it evolve into Roselia was nice. Nando's an alright character.

Nice episode where Budew came into screen, same for Primplup he rocks ^_^
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

budew is a very strange pokemon if you ask me but anyway i guess the episode was nice so it's just a minor detail^^

Day 4! Let's see how long I can remain consistent.

Ah, Naoshi. We haven't seen you in ages, and yet everybody continues to talk about you for whatever reason. I, for one, am hesitant to compare him to Casey, because Naoshi isn't irritable in the slightest; no, he's just a tad dull but had some potential to be interesting, what with his knowledge of the legends. Speaking of debuts, this is our introduction to one Kazue Kinoshita, and while she never became good, this probably remains her worst outing with the greatest number of "Anorexic Hikari" moments. Other than that, we get Hikari's first battle and some introductions to some of the more basic Sinnoh Pokemon.

But really, this is a very average episode. None of the battles are too exciting, falling for Team Rocket's scam here is hilarious in a very embarrassing way, and the whole dilemma for Naoshi about choosing between gyms and contests is not taken in any intriguing direction. Additionally, Hikari's novice battling skills are nothing we have not seen before. I did enjoy a Pokemon evolving in the middle of battle not winning for once, but overall, this was a pretty bland introduction to a character that is not a whole lot more interesting than the episode itself.

C
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I liked the appearance of Budew and Nando is a nice character. It was cool to see the three starters next to each other although one was a Prinplup. I also liked how Budew evolved so Ash and Co. could know that Budew evolves into Roselia, then Roserade. Nando is kind of a Grass and Bug-Type freak if you ask me. ^_^;

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

pretty good episode but nothing special ...

It was great to see Nando in action, his Roselia was preety strong...
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This was episode was okay. Not the best, considering we don't really see Nando anymore, but nice to see his Roselia.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

I liked Dawn's battle with Nando's Budew. Reminded me of May versus that Mudkip guy.

I enjoyed meeting Nando, he's so refreshing. Hope he appears again in the future.

7/10

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I liked Dawn's battle with Nando's Budew. Reminded me of May versus that Mudkip guy.

I enjoyed meeting Nando, he's so refreshing. Hope he appears again in the future.

7/10
    I have a feeling that you'll see Nando again!
    It took me a while to figure out what was on his harp and then it hit me that it was a MEW!

Nice episode. I like Nando and his battles against Ash and Dawn were good.

This episode was good, especially the battle between Dawn and Nando.

Good episode, of course Dawn and Ash fights in the beginning (Does Ash fight more with the main female then he does with Brock, interesting).

Nando is okay I guess, not a favorite character really but the battle with Ash and Dawn was good.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Wow, the introduction of Nando! Okay, S. Suikun is definitely right in that Nando isn't the most exciting of characters, although Nando's performance at the Grand Festival may have given him more popularity now, and thus this episode may be viewed in a better light. Maybe...

Let's see. This is a generic argument episode, this time between Ash and Dawn. I think the dubbing of the argument is pretty witty. Otherwise, not much to say on this part of the episode.

When I first watched this, I thought it was important that Ash beat Nando after Dawn had lost, as it established Ash as the more experienced trainer. Well, of course he is...Yeah, I know. At the time though, I was still under the impression that Ash had tied in the previous episode with a relatively inexperienced trainer (Paul) and so Ash's victory was important to reassert that he was indeed someone who has been at this for awhile.
    Last edited by wind21; 19th July 2010 at 1:40 PM.

I was disappointed from appearance of Nando. He should have used another pokemon, and his Roselia was pretty weak compared to Drew's Roselia.
    I watched the part with Prinplup again, but it didn't talk.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast