Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dawn of a New Era (472)

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    I pray that the attack Subomi used was either Absorb, Mega Drain or Giga Drain. It'd be the first time the attack was seen.
    It was indeed the LONG-awaited debut of Mega Drain. Roselia also used Sunny Day. First time we've seen that too.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Too bad we won't get to see this in action...............

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    It was indeed the LONG-awaited debut of Mega Drain. Roselia also used Sunny Day. First time we've seen that too.
    Actually, Sunkern used that in the episode "Moving Pictures", way back in Johto. This is the second time Sunny Day is used in the anime.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Considering she's a newbie and she fights with Ash in this ep because of her inflated ego, it makes much more sense for her to lose.

I like the fact that Hikari thinks she knows what she's doing but she's still incompetent, it makes watching her losses a lot of fun. Reminds me of watching May's learning curves and all her blunders in early Hoenn.

Newbie trainers are always fun to watch, (a main reason people prefer Kanto Ash over Ash now), and I'm glad to see Hikari have some major losses and screw ups.

Here's hoping Hikari loses her first Contest too, but if her rival debuts in that ep, than her loss is a given anyway.
    I have a feeling that May will always be your girl then, xD - I'll edit my post after I watch the episode so

3DS: 1590 4683 0583, Wii:1455 7087 4777 5760, PSN: MidnightScott

I love the Nintendo 3DS, games owned: 17
    Japanese Flare Red 3DS GET! 1891 1352 3198

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Considering she's a newbie and she fights with Ash in this ep because of her inflated ego, it makes much more sense for her to lose.

I like the fact that Hikari thinks she knows what she's doing but she's still incompetent, it makes watching her losses a lot of fun. Reminds me of watching May's learning curves and all her blunders in early Hoenn.

Newbie trainers are always fun to watch, (a main reason people prefer Kanto Ash over Ash now), and I'm glad to see Hikari have some major losses and screw ups.

Here's hoping Hikari loses her first Contest too, but if her rival debuts in that ep, than her loss is a given anyway.
    I don't have a problem with Hikari's losing. By all means, have her lose six more times. Seeing Pocchama faint is amusing. But Pikachu honestly did not need to fight. Mukkuru needs some redemption; at least Pidgeotto got to beat up a Weedle before its first loss.
    Last edited by Bliksem; 6th October 2006 at 6:04 AM.

They were arguing due to what happened during Hikari's botched attempt at a capture, but that was only at the beginning. After they got to the Pokemon Center and ran into Naoshi, Nurse Joy told them how he was conflicted about whether to go for the Shinou League or the Grand Festival, because he had an interest in both.

Naturally, Satoshi thought he should challenge Gyms, and Hikari thought he should go for Contests. They each decided to try and convince him, so they went off to search for him. In the end, after the battle with Pikachu, Naoshi said he decided to go for both challenges. If the writers end up liking him enough, we may see him in the future.

Also, I could see Hkari's loss happening just as easily to Satoshi if the writers wanted it that way. She lost because she didn't take Sunny Day's effects into account and chose to dash in while she thought Solar Beam was charging. Of course, Sunny Day shortens its charge time, so she was caught completely off-guard.
    Last edited by Magical Needle Smash; 6th October 2006 at 7:59 AM.

I hope we see him again. That guy was REALLY cute.

Anyways, did anyone notice Mukkuru's expression? It looks really down! First a loss, then a failure to find someone? At least Tailow had some time out of his ball, but Mukkuru's just having a bad time.

EDIT: OH FOR GOD'S SAKE!! THE 'R' IS SHOWING!! THE 'R' IS SHOWING!!! Honestly, anime characters are so BLIND!

EDIT2: That Mega Drain was INCREDIBLE!! Even better than I visualized.
    Last edited by Bliksem; 6th October 2006 at 8:33 AM.

I thought it was kinda funny that he was wearing all that cool cape and hat while having that mysterious aura around him, when all he had was a mere, cutesy-looking Subomi. You'd think a guy looking like that would at least have a Dusclops or an Absol.
    MY BELIEFS
    - Globalization is a force for good. Saying that it is cultural imperialism is pure exaggeration. And yes, globalization does help poor and developing countries.
    - The Japanese prime minister should stop visiting the Yasukuni Shrine NOW.
    - Multinational corporations are heavily underrated. They truly deserve more love.
    - There is no god.

Quote Originally Posted by Thores View Post
    So it appears that Subomi uses some attacks that are new to the 4th Gen... can anybody tell what they are and perhaps what they do?
    There wasn't any new ones. Subomi used Bullet Seed, Solar Beam and Mega Drain. Then Sunny Day after it evolved.

is it on youtube yet?

The reason why Ash was arrogant towards Hikari was probably because he was reeling from the insults that Shinji said about him in the last ep.

Awesome episode... Only thing I didn't like is Brock being total speechless in that moment they are talking about the legendaries they've seen. :/
    I mean, what's his porpose in this new series? He's so useless... -_-

I dont like those episodes at the beginning of a saga(except Gym Battles), because there are kind of boring. But seeing Subomi evolve was nice.

Pokemon Y Friend Code 4356-0012-3407
    Poison Safari: Toxicroak, Ariados, Cascoon

Currently looking for a US shiny Gengar code!
    I have a EU shiny Gengar code to trade in return!

Actually Subomi's Mega Drain was even better...
    Just my opinion, of course...

How does Ash still fail to reconise team rocket still? How many talking meouths are there? And you could see the "r" logo. Great effect's in the fight though, poor roselia losing as soon as it's evolved. lol.
    w8279275091177072@wii.com

Yeah, it was really ridiculous Ash don't reconising TR AGAIN. They could at least use better clothes to fool Ash and co.!
    Last edited by Weav-vile; 6th October 2006 at 9:20 PM.

It's kinda depressing when I'm more interested in the background music than the plot itself. We got a mix of what I believe was the DP gym battle theme, in addition to the regular battle theme.

But now having a Roselia means almost nothing when it comes to possibly seeing this guy again.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

good episode! I loved it. (as you can see in my sig).
    I enjoyed the new opening, and its still kind of weird not having Ash as #1. you know?

xx---Michael---xx

<3 Togepi

Probably the weakest of the first four episodes, but still pretty good. I love the rich colours and the animations. I havent actually seen Pokemon since the Kanto season so it's all very refreshing to me.

The opening theme song is so-so.
    Yoko
    "...You will die the proud wolf you are..."

That Mega Drain was awesome to see. I liked this episode. It's not a favorite of mine but I still liked seeing it. Sad thing that Ash couldn't recongnize TR...again!

Well, it's pretty obvious that Poochama will evolve sometime in the future after watching this ep.

I hope it doesn't for a while though, Poochama is hella cute and unlike Torchic, it can actually battle.

Although as Gravy noted, they sure aren't going to hide the fact that its evolved form will probably turn into a Water-Combusken durng battle. With how similiar her starter is, thank god she didn't capture a bug type as her second.

Not a bad episode, if only for the good dialogue and the music, rather than plot and animation.

Although I kinda like Naoshi too. His voice sounds so peaceful~ And seeing someone being torn between competing in Gyms and entering Contests was interesting - I liked how Hikari and Ash tried to convert him to follow their respective quests.

Speaking of which, I liked the fighting between Ash and Hikari. While the thing about Ash copying the other one's lines in a mocking way is the same he did with May, their fighting is different as it's divided into small periods where they bicker a little, while in case with Ash and May, they both took it to the extreme by expressing their hate for each other for nearly the entire episode. Meh, I guess that's because they barely ever fought and Ash and Hikari will probably do that more often, seeing how the bickering bit is even mentioned in Hikari's Bio on TV Tokyo's site.

The art style was ...odd. Not necessarily bad the entire time, but there were several sequences where the characters just looked downright off. Roselia's pumpkin-shaped head freaked me out, for instance.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    And seeing someone being torn between competing in Gyms and entering Contests was interesting - I liked how Hikari and Ash tried to convert him to follow their respective quests.
    Ugh, this is the kind of episode where you're hit with the realization that May would have done the exact same thing. May would have surely tried to convince the guy to do Contests just like Hikari.

This filler could have been set in Hoenn or Battle Frontier and you'd basically have the same outcome. (aside from the D/P Pokes, of course)

The next episode looks awesome though

I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet, but when Brock said that he'd left all his Pokemon except Bonsly back home, Ash explained to Hikari that Brock used to be the Gym Leader in Pewter City, and Hikari was pretty impressed.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast