Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dawn of a New Era (472)

Well, I'm glad Pikachu wiped the floor with Roselia, needed that after tieing with Elekid ;p
    Otherwise, the episode was pretty much standard, nothing to get excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet, but when Brock said that he'd left all his Pokemon except Bonsly back home, Ash explained to Hikari that Brock used to be the Gym Leader in Pewter City, and Hikari was pretty impressed.
    If this episode referenced Brock's status as former gym leader, then I wonder how Hikari will react to Misty, Gary, and May if Ash mentions them to her (or at least Hikari seeing Misty and Gary in person)?

I need to mention how the Mega Drain in this episode looks awesome. I just love it and hope that Ash could teach it to one of his grass types.

And if Mega Drain looks that good, Giga Drain would probably look even better.
    Last edited by Geodude; 7th October 2006 at 12:26 AM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Although as Gravy noted, they sure aren't going to hide the fact that its evolved form will probably turn into a Water-Combusken durng battle. With how similiar her starter is, thank god she didn't capture a bug type as her second.
    That's not what I was getting at at all. The similarities are only evident in their appearence, and even then it's pretty vague. Like how both pokémon have this constant scowl and those strong looking upper appendages.
    Otherwise, their body structures are much too different for them to be duplicates battle-wise. Potashi looks like more of a brute-strength fighter able to throw it's weight around, as opposed to Combusken, who relied on a more fleet-of-foot fighting style.
    I guess one has to be a Combusken fanboy to truely understand these things ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet, but when Brock said that he'd left all his Pokemon except Bonsly back home, Ash explained to Hikari that Brock used to be the Gym Leader in Pewter City, and Hikari was pretty impressed.
    You know, upon seeing the episode, I WAS going to mention it...leave it to you to beat us to the punch.

And Brock should've spoken up in the Legendary discussion--remember when they saw Suicune at the start of Johto? That would've made for a pretty redone scene.^^

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Tapatio is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Imagine if Satoshi had deepened more in the subject of the legendary ones:

Satoshi: "Yeah, I saw to Ho-oh the first time I left my town... Oh yeah, I met with Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Rayquaza, Manaphy, I was killed by Mewtwo, I mounted Lugia to save the world of Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno, Latias falled in love with me, I battled Regirock, Registeel, Regice and Articuno, defeating the last two, and... I think that's all ^^"

Hikari: O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Tapatio View Post

Satoshi: "Yeah, I saw to Ho-oh the first time I left my town... Oh yeah, I met with Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Rayquaza, Manaphy, I was killed by Mewtwo, I mounted Lugia to save the world of Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno, Latias falled in love with me, I battled Regirock, Registeel, Regice and Articuno, defeating the last two, and... I think that's all ^^"

That would be very funny. I would have loved to see that.

LOL! That would be hilarious.

Ah, thanks for the laugh, man, I needed that.

That was one cool episode. Hikari keeps getting better and better.

Season One Complete!

LMAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOO! >D
    I think they need you on ther team...

Who the hell were the animators for this epsiode? O_o Everything was all freaky, almost worst then the the first 3 eps.

Well anyway, it was a pretty ok episode, the only part I really payed attention to is this one:

Freakin win, but what's up with the pokeball hitting everyone's head? First Mukkuru now Ash?
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Umi Mizuno View Post
    Who the hell were the animators for this epsiode? O_o Everything was all freaky, almost worst then the the first 3 eps.

Well anyway, it was a pretty ok episode, the only part I really payed attention to is this one:

Freakin win, but what's up with the pokeball hitting everyone's head? First Mukkuru now Ash?
    I love that one too *saved* *_*

Why do i feel as if the writers for this season actually decided to check up on the metagame before writing some of these episodes? Well, Sunnybeaming anyone?

It seems that all the new trainers find it hard to believe that all the Joy's look exactly the same. Although to add comedy, they only give Brock the blatant ability to tell them apart. What a concept.(And why is that Brock has that damn picture of all the Joys? More importantly, where did he get it??)

And Hikari is still quite shocked of Brock's main ability. A very annoying one at that. I sincerely hope that somewhere along this series, Hikari will start to take over Misty's role.

Yeah, Ash get's instated to the Shinou League. And yet also get our first look at Pocchama's evloved form, Pottashi(forgot the name until Hikari blurted it out).

Here we go again ;rolleyes; the contest/battle scuffle between May and Ash gets repeated... this time at a much, much earlier time.

You know Ash and co. are dumb when all it takes is a small coat and glasses to fool them. Also, wouldnt they suspect anything with Meowth?? Oh, wait, this is Pokemon. I suppose after 9 seasons you'd expect them to be fooled a little less easily.

LOL, supreme backfire on Team Rocket's part. And when the facade fell, it was in CG. After trying out the english version of the new motto in time with the japanese one, i cant help but think they reverted to their older one.

Also, funny how Masukippa attacks James long enough for it to be scanned.

Ouch, all it takes is a Bullet Seed attack to send them flying. Guess they must of lost a lot of weight!

They really are playing the music from the eighth movie alot in this new season. I wonder what's up with that?

Korobooshi makes its first appearance. Lol, crickets chirping at night.

I wonder, how come Ash get's to see Ho-oh, and Hikari gets to see Emuritto. There must be some form of great significance there.

I just noticed this, the guys harp/lyre looks like a Mew!

OMG, we actually get to see what Mega Drain looks like for the first time! I always wondered wha that attack would of looked like. And why is it that for some reason, almost everytime Ash battles someone, that there is a good chance that one of their pokemon will evolve. It's also very easy to predict when the use of Iron Tail will be.

Not a bad episode. It's turning out pretty good. I really want Hikari to do that 'ear pulling' thing soon. Then again, Max didnt do it till after he say Misty try it. Who knows...

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Meh, this episode lacked something in my opinion. Animation didn't do it much glory, either. It was okay, I suppose, but it's one of those episodes where nothing much happened. At least Pikachu redeemed itself.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN WORSE ANIMATION IN ANY OTHER FREAKIN EPISODE, indigo league was much better, what the hell happened? How the animeall of a sudden look worse than it did many years ago

That clip reminds me of the clip headbutting incident at the world cup that circulated the internet.

So, no one pulled on Brock's ear, they just let him do his thing.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

boring episode,
    some ugly guy with a harp wooo
    Hikari and Ash fight
    TR make a cameo appearance
    Brock fell in love again...grr thats annoying
    there wasnt much plot development except registering for league/contest

Hikari didnt even catch the Mini-Rabbit thing, but its obvious she does in a later episode coz the pokemons in the title song, her rival looks amazing btw.

Didnt even realise the harp was a Mew (doh!)

EDIT: do nurse joys always have different coloured hats? never noticed
    FC:2406 1683 4490

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak5034 View Post
    I HAVE NEVER SEEN WORSE ANIMATION IN ANY OTHER FREAKIN EPISODE
    You really haven't been paying much attention, have you?

Ash's eyes were a bit off but i really liked the way subomi/roselia/mega drain were animated.

It didn't feel like a filler to me. I'm still in that sort of "new things excited mood". So it was a basic episode looking back but that doesn't mean it was enjoyable. I hope that guy returns, for a rematch with Hikari.
    ................and there goes the tumbleweed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    You really haven't been paying much attention, have you?

If you mean have i paid any attention to other episodes i have, what i said was exaggeration

If you meant did i pay attention to other posts on the animation, then no i didnt read them

That Roselia had a really sucky voice.

I MISS DREW. ;_;

That aside, this ep was... okay-ish, not that gripping. I have no enthusiasm for the prospect of Ash and Hikari bickering all the time, which is strange because I normally like that kind of thing. Maybe it's because by the time we'd reached the third round of "GYM-O!" "CONTEST-O!" I wanted to bang their heads together. May and Drew's sparring matches were so much more sophisticated... and Ash and Misty's were funnier, too. Though that could be because I could understand what they were saying.

Hikari smacking Ash in the face with a Poke-ball was teh win, though.

Did Naori decide to go in for both gyms and contests in the end? Wow, he's going to be busy.
    Last edited by Jo-Jo; 7th October 2006 at 4:41 PM.
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

Hikari is a May's clone. Look at her; she acts a lot like May, she isn't original and she even has similar voice. She is a clone! When I look at her, I see May! They could do more original character, someone who is shy and calm, someone who would be like that dude with Subomi, but nooo... they put next May to the show =.= I won't miss May, she still is in the anime, only in new body

The battle between Subomi and Pikachu was cool. Pikachu won, and I'm glad. Ash isn't bad battler only is little obsessed XD

Nice ending and opening. Hikari is in the center XD but I don't see her as the greatest. Like I said, she isn't original.

Seen the episode. It was pretty good.
    Hikari throwing the pokeball at Ash was definitely the highlight.

Hikari lost (not surprised) but she did know what she was doing. I think she mentions that since Subomi is a grass type, Peck attack will give her an advantage and thats why she starts off with that. Its good to see that She has Poochama jump out of the way when Subomi uses bulletseed. She needs to improve but she knows more then what Ash and May knew.

Pikachu's battle was good. Mega Drain was friggin nice.
    Naoshi was a pretty good character I wouldn't mind seeing him again.
    The animation was not the greatest but overall a good episode.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you all watching this episode?

On the tube, of course!

I think the animation killed the episode. Hikari's body looked warped in a number of shots.

Eh, I don't really like the direction we're going with Hikari's character. She thinks she knows better than Ash and fights with him...but...SHE was the one who wanted to travel with Ash in the first place! Why doesn't she just strike out on her own like she originally planned to if she doesn't get along with Ash?

Not only are the writers contradicting themselves from the end of AG, (why would Hikari pay any less attention to Ash's battle skills than May did?), but Hikari is just repeating the same exact arguments May went through.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast