Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of a New Era (472)

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    And we said that already too.

Do you people have something against reading the topic to see if your potentially obvious question was previously answered (especially now that 4 days have passed already) or what?
    if that was directed to me then i would anwer to you by saying this
    i really do have a life i really wont bother mysellf by reading every single post in this thread
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonX View Post
    huh was that directed at me (just curious)
    I hoped it clearly wasn't. Guess it wasn't clear...but it wasn't. (If that makes sense.)
    Quote Originally Posted by latios aquatiques View Post
    if that was directed to me then i would anwer to you by saying this
    i really do have a life i really wont bother mysellf by reading every single post in this thread
    You and the handful of others that ask obvious questions that any use of common sense would tell you have already been answered, especially several days after the show's airing, and in a thread this size. As far as reading the thread is concerned, it would only take you several minutes at best. Not only that, you would probably find your answer even faster that way than waiting for someone to reply and potentially call you out for not bothering to read, which you should have done in the first place. Now, I'm not the mod of this forum, but I AM a mod, so understand that I'm telling you this for a reason, and that there's common sense behind it. Any more flack from you and there will be harsher consequences than a mere warning.
    Last edited by Geodude; 10th October 2006 at 3:33 AM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Chill out Geodude .
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Decent episode, better than AG 4.

Also, it seems that Pochama made Peppy Hare proud, and did a barrel roll.

OK, watched the episode and here´s my thoughts:

* That Satoshi/Hikari argue was really ... bland, they even apologized each other after a while
    * Mega Drain´s appearence was really cool
    * Team Rocket used their worst costume ever
    * Pocchama is gonna evolve, CURSE YOU, HIKARI!
    * Takeshi as pathetic as always
    * Was really neccesary to see God Satoshi and Thor Pikachu showing Hikari´s lack of skill?
    * I wanted to like Pokémon Diamond/Pearl but ... it simply doesn´t attract me in any sense, nothing new, nothing special, nothing different, I´m thinking seriously to stop watching the series ... it simply stinks

I like how you base the entire region off of 4 episodes.

Guess what? The first episodes of AG sucked. These are actually good. Sorry that Haruka is no longer on the show, but deal with it. There is NOTHING that made the AG episodes better.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky~40 View Post
    Guess what? The first episodes of AG sucked.
    Your argument is flawed with that statement alone. While the first three episode of D/P were definitely very good, the beginning of AG hardly, "sucked."

They did a pretty good job introducing May, Max, May's parents, and introducing the concept of a clueless and incompetent female heroine. It's just completely different than Hikari's spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    * Was really neccesary to see God Satoshi and Thor Pikachu showing Hikari´s lack of skill?
    Yes. Yes it is.

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

Decent episode, better than AG 4.
    AG 04; It had a decent amount of humour from pretty much every character in the main cast. It featured possibly the best wild pokémon battle to ever grace the series. There was a pokémon capture. Brock actually did something worthwhile. Torchic ran directly into a boulder. And last but not least, It was animated by Iwane.

And an episode that was basically Ash and Hikari yelling 'Contesto!' and 'Jimmu!' to each other in short bursts, with some mediocre battling thrown in was better? Guh?! :/

Can anyone tell me the name of the trainer that Hikari challanged

Quote Originally Posted by shinigami13 View Post
    Can anyone tell me the name of the trainer that Hikari challanged
    His name was Naoshi.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    AG 04; It had a decent amount of humour from pretty much every character in the main cast. It featured possibly the best wild pokémon battle to ever grace the series. There was a pokémon capture. Brock actually did something worthwhile. Torchic ran directly into a boulder. And last but not least, It was animated by Iwane.
    All very fine points, Gravy. It's clear that Taillow's capture pretty much beats this episode single handedly.XD

But I must admit, I loved Naoshi's Mew harp. But then, I love Mew in general.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Default Shakir says:

Well, we got to live with whatever they are showing us....

I know this is a tiny bit late but... Why were Hikari and Ash arguing. I know the episode was about her proving herself...or something but what were they arguing about?

Quote Originally Posted by FullMasta View Post
    I know this is a tiny bit late but... Why were Hikari and Ash arguing. I know the episode was about her proving herself...or something but what were they arguing about?
    "Gym battles!"

"Contests!"

"Gym battles!"

"Contests!"

"Gym battles!"

"Contests!"

"Gym battles!"

"Contests!"

Rinse and repeat. All they were arguing about was which was better and which the Ministrel should do.

Hikari and May were perfectly interchangeable in this episode, and it showed.

Oh. That's it huh. I found it kind of strange that Ash and Hikari were arguing with each other after just an episode and a half of being together.

I don't think May and Hikari are interchangable as you say they are Cyber. I believe they have significent differences. Ash and May rarely fought. Hikari reminds me of how Misty and Ash used to fight in the days of Kanto.

So that trainers subomi knows sunny day and mega drain the first time I seen those attacks in the aniime.

Guess what? The first episodes of AG sucked. These are actually good. Sorry that Haruka is no longer on the show, but deal with it. There is NOTHING that made the AG episodes better.
    Actually I thought the first episodes of AG were the only good component of the series. Comparatively, the first episodes are not entirely analogous, especially when the character focus are different.

And yes, Haruka has the capacity to bicker, but she does not have the same rate of bickering. (Only that specific Tag Battle episode comes to mind. Otherwise, I find it rare or minour compared to this episode having it extremely obvious.) Actually I find it more likely for Haruka to stop arguing already knowing that installing something like that into Satoshi's head is not going to work, if in that exact same scenario and duration. However, if you factour a new character doing that, it may be redundant, but much more likely. Even if you had put Haruka in Hikari's place, the bickering could exist, but almost none of the context of the rest of the episode would have been accurate to any degree. Haruka may be more willing to battle than at the start of her journey, but it is still nothing compared to Hikari's willingness to battle.

Either way, the mechanics are different, regardless.

I'd rather question when Pochama will learn a new attack, since it is not very offensively versatile (then again all "starting pokemon" aren't very offensively versatile anyways).

And if the words were really "Contesto" and "Jimmu", then Satoshi actually didn't say "Gym Battles". He would have implied it, but never said battle, to be more concise. Technically both have battles anyways, it's just the environment/building is different along with the rules.

I still don't really get why Hikari is established as a coordinator though (or having a goal to be a GF champion). Sure there is the family history, sure there is the automated character implementation, but based solely on what is seen so far, it would seem like battling is much more correlated rather than the performance or finesse you display in a contest.

Though I will say that the end of episode three didn't feel like it flowed right into episode four all that well. How often did we have an episode where the heroes are stationary whilst travelling? (This is not like a beach episode, where you obviously stop travelling for the duration. Then again, an episode with/on a boat would fall into such a category.)

Meh i thought the episode was alright. It could of been better. A great 1st epi for Subomi however

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

actually liked this eppy.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

poor hikari she loose.but they teach her a lesson

9/10

merry christmas!

Why did people want this Ministrel to come back in a Contest? He has a Roselia, do people want a Drew redux?

Won't be if a) he catches more/different Pokemon and b) Roselia evolves.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I think Subomie's cute, but Roselia is ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Why did people want this Ministrel to come back in a Contest? He has a Roselia, do people want a Drew redux?
    From the way Ministrel looked, I assume he'll be the top coordinator at the end of the season.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast