Thread: Golden eyes, Silver heart (Contestshipping)

Default Golden eyes, Silver heart (Contestshipping)

Hmm, I've been experimenting with this for a long time, fine-tuning it. The only problem is that my comittment levels are hopless, the fic, i'll leave up to you.

PM LIST
    Hullo
    Genkiness
    Cache
    ~!Mudkip Kitteh!~

Golden Eyes, Silver Heart
    Prologue/Pilot whatever.
    Drew was enroute to the Johto region, a quick boat ride and he was there. However, standing on the front deck and scanning the seemingly endless ocean, he did not seem as go-lucky as normal.

“Knowing May, she’ll follow me, but why get my hopes up?” he wondered, sighing.

Professor Elm’s laboratory was in chaos. Everyone was scattered everywhere on computers and writing notes frantically. Files and papers were scattered all over the floor and desks. And at the far end was Professor Elm, sweating horribly and banging his head down on the table repeatedly. There was a hectic mood all around.

May Maple obliviously stood at the front door with hopes of registering into the Johto contest league. She was wearing new clothes and planned on making an even better effort than in her other journeys and become the best coordinator ever.

“Okay, let’s do this!” May said to herself, walking through the automatic doors. The first steps into the laboratory caused her to gasp.

May could hear computers beeping, or seemingly about to explode. Phones ringing, desks being hit and people calling to one another from the other side of he room. People ran right past May, and she could feel the wind that the people caused by running by. After scanning the place around, May spied Professor Elm and started to walk towards him, being stopped every now and then by the traffic of running people.

“Professor Elm!” May began calling “I’m here to register up for Johto contests!”

May finally made it to the desk, Elm’s head was still pressed against the desk. As he looked up, he looked as if he was hung over.

Elm raised an eyebrow “Look, miss I don’t know if you’ve realized this but my lab is really busy at the moment. The last thing I need is to waste more time registering another coordinator. Go to the pokémon center,” he said. Elm sounded somewhat rude, but by the look of his face May couldn’t blame him. But still, there was one thing…

“There is no pokémon center in New Bark, I checked,” May say, sarcastically laughing. She recalled the half an hour she spent asking townsfolk only to realize the closest pokémon center was all the way in Cherrygrove. May was so eager to register she didn’t want to have to go to Cherrygrove to do so. Now, May could predict the words Elm was about to say, and she didn’t want to hear…

“Go to Cherrygrove then,” Elm said, putting his head back on the desk.

May chuckled on the verge of comical insanity ‘I knew it,’ she thought. May had gotten her hopes up to register ASAP. Apparently, going to Cherrygrove was as good as ASAP would get.

“Okay then,” May sighed “Bye,”. May began to walk backwards towards the front door. Again, she found herself halting for people running around the room. She was curious to find out why they were so hectic in the first place, bur she doubted they had the time to explain it to her. May found herself again at the front door, and left. Now, she was standing outside and breathing in the fresh air, but she immediately turned to look where the route to Cherrygrove was.

The sun was pretty bright, May placed on hand on her forehead to shield the sun. She used the other to check the time. 14:10. ‘That gives me roughly five hours to get to Cherrygrove before the pokémon center closes its door for newcomers. But I wonder if they have a different rule in Johto’ May wondered. Soon, May realized that she was just standing there, dilly-dalling.

May took a deep breath, she forced a big smile “Okay it’s settled! I’m going to Cherrygrove!” she exclaimed. That instant, she began to think about all the good things in Cherrygrove, the things that would drive her to keep on traveling until she made it.
    In the small station in between routes 29 and 46, Drew sat down comfortably on a lounge, checking his watch frequently for the time he was prepared to leave.

A woman sat down next to him, middle-aged and cheery. Drew saw the woman turn to him.

“Um, I beg your pardon, but are you THE DREW! In Johto?!” The woman asked, on the verge of jumping for joy.

Drew nodded “How can I help you?”

The woman was turning read “Oh, I’m just so happy to meet you!” she cried “It is an absolute honor to have you here, in Johto!”

“Well yes when I heard the Johto region started up contests I felt compelled to check them out. I’ve only been here two days but it’s a pretty nice place,” Drew said.

“Really? You think Johto is a nice place! Wow, you’re such a gentleman!” The woman exclaimed.

Drew was feeling a little bothered, he checked his watch again “Well I have to go now, it was nice meeting you,” he said, standing up.

“SEE YOU LATER!” The lady yelled as Drew left, sending a mild chill up his spine.

Drew now set foot into route 29. In a glimpse he could see a row of trees a top a series of small hills. There were a bunch of Pidgey, Sentret and Rattata playing around everywhere. It was nice to be in such a simplistic place for once. Then, a Sentret hoped its way over to Drew and began staring at the coordinator.

Drew blinked “Hello?” he asked it ‘Probably hasn’t seen too many humans in its time,’ Drew guessed. Sentret was still staring at him, perched up on its tail. Drew began to think more heavily.

“A Sentret may be a good addition to my team,” Drew said, taking out a pokéball. As Sentret saw the device, it panicked, knowing exactly what Drew was thinking. “Go!…..”

Sentret leapt up, spun its tail right around and slapped Drew over the face. The initial shock nearly tripped to over. Drew recovered, placing a hand on the check Sentret had slammed into. Sentret leapt up again, but this time Drew took a couple of steps back making Sentret miss.

“Wow, I’m battling a pokémon myself,” Drew noted. Sentret leapt up again, missing. Drew was still holding the pokéball in his hand.

“Sentret, you’re persistent! But if you knew who I was, I don’t think you’d want to mess with me,” Drew said, flicking his hair and tossing the pokéball and Sentret “Pokéball go!”

The pokéball was spinning fast as it neared Sentret. Then, somewhat expectedly Sentret spun its tail around and knocked the pokéball onto the ground. Drew sighed whilst Sentret snickered. But to their surprise, as the pokéball hit the ground, it opened up. A red light was emitted as it surrounded and gasping Sentret. Sentret was sucked up into the pokéball as the device closed.

“What just happened?” Drew wondered, confused.

The pokéball rocked once, twice. But then, it re-opened and Sentret was set free. Drew’s eyes widened. A cheerful Sentret rejoiced its failure to be captured and sprinted off into the distance to play with a bunch of other Sentret.

Drew sighed “I hate the Johto region,”.

“EXCUSE ME!”

Drew turned around to see the middle-aged woman staring down on him, fire coming out of her mouth. A larger chill was sent up Drew’s spine. He backed of as the beast-like woman screamed at the top of her lungs and stormed off. Her furious footsteps were like those of a dinosaur.

Drew watched the woman disappear “I hate the Johto region! I regret going here!”. Thank goodness the media wasn't around.

Then, an even bigger surprise to him was heard. A voice was heard not too far off singing a commercial tune.

“May?” Drew wondered.

Behind the row of Trees, May strolled carelessly down route 29 as if nothing in the whole wide world could bother her. The pokémon were happy and carefree, the air was fresh, the sun was out etc. the factors that all add up to make the cliché beautiful day. But it was undoubtedly beautiful.

“I wonder if there are any good contest pokémon in these routes,” May say to herself. A Sentret, the one Drew had tried to capture appeared form the row of trees and ran right pass May. “That’s a nice looking pokémon,” May noted, looking it up on her cobalt pokédex.

Sentret: The scout pokémon. Sentret will get up on their tail to get a better view of their surroundings. In groups, it uses this feature to act like a lookout and warn others with a loud cry when danger is spotted.

“Scout pokémon, very appropriate,” May figured. She fumbled through her fanny-pack whilst walking to take out a pokéball with hopes of catching one “Wait, I don’t have any pokéballs!” May realized in horror. That was a let down, but May realized there were plenty of other pokémon for her to catch.

“And with my Blaziken, I’m sure I can catch any one I want!” May exclaimed.

Drew continued to hear May’s exclamations, yet he did not move. His brain was still processing the fact that his secret crush was in the same region as him, again. The coincidence. Drew began to blush ‘No Drew, you have to stay cool. If you happen to meet May, just keep on flicking you hair and hope for the best. Besides, you don’t need love to distract you from your goals,’ Drew thought to himself. It was scientifically proven that the brain was bias the majority of the time you thought. When you’re handling a situation or are in an argument, your brain tries to come up with more arguments or rebuttals instead of listening to the other sides.

Drew placed his hands on his hips “Just one of the many adventures in stall for Johto,” he said to himself, smiling. Flicking his hair, Drew set off for Cherrygrove without hardly any plans, just waiting to see what happens.
    So, any extensive critiscism is greatly appreciated thankyou for reading,
    Last edited by Wind Waker; 13th October 2006 at 12:22 AM.
    ................and there goes the tumbleweed.

Interesting! We'll actually get to see what goes on while Ash is in Shinou =P

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Waker View Post

Professor Elm’s laboratory was in chaos. Everyone was scattered everywhere on computers and writing notes frantically. Files and papers were scattered all over the floor and desks. And at the far end was Professor Elm, sweating horribly and banging his head down on the table repeatedly. There was a hectic mood all around.
    Heh, I can see that happening! Busy and unorganized... Professor Elm really seems in character. =D

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Waker View Post
    Drew nodded “How can I help you?”
    There were some parts Drew didn't seem very much in character to me. From what I've seen he's scared of his fans =P I'd expect something like "Uuuhh..." instead of asking "How can I help you?" from him, but there's nothing wrong since at the end he almost seemed like he wanted to run away from the woman He seemed a little slow and clumsy in the Sentret scene. Is this because he had May on his mind?

Ooooh and where's Max?

Anyway, so far so good! I hope to see the next chapter up soon!!

~~Awesomeness~~

lol! I like this story!
    I presume that this takes place after the last AG episode.

lol! Drew fighting a sentret hand to hand? that kinda seems... OOC for Drew... sounds kinda clumsy. lol. meh. everybody gets into weird positions sometimes though. lol.

It would've been such a burn if May caught that Sentret! lol

If there's a PM list please put me on it!

click on my banner to go to my CS fic! (no flames!)

Well, Drew in my opinion is mainly all confident etc around May. The first two parts show him ‘watching over’ and thinking about May, his true feeling and his true soft side.

PM LIST:
    Genkiness
    Hullo

Preview:
    May pet Blaziken on the head “Okay, let’s go. Hopefully, undistracted,” she said taking a deep breath. Blaziken smiled at May, scanning the area before it began to walk. It could have sworn that it saw a big bunch of something behind a tree, but after scanning again, Blaziken didn’t see anything.

“Come on,” May said again as she noticed that Blaziken was standing still. Blaziken shrugged it off and began catching up to May.

A Buzzing noise could be heard in the distance. Soon it became louder and louder. It became like a screeching noise that echoed.
    Last edited by Wind Waker; 10th October 2006 at 9:07 AM.

Nice preview... I wonder if Drew will save her from this potentially dangerous buzz... or maybe Drew is the buzz... or maybe it has nothing to do with Drew =P

Can I please be added to the PM list too? =D

~~Awesomeness~~

Yay, another Contestshipping fic. ^__^ Cool. I like it. :p

Can you put me too onto your PM list?
    Contestshipper & Pokeshipper
    Both banners over the size limits, please read the signature rules.

OMGs!!! This is sooooo cute and brilliantly written!!! A few spelling mistakes but other than that... *****! Five stars!

I remember when you asked me to proof-read this through PM. . . You did very good at fine-tuning it! I like the idea of them being in Johto, and I noticed a couple mistakes I didn't notice when I proof-read before. >.>;;

“Professor Elm!” May began calling “I’m hear to register up for Johto contests!”
    Here, not hear.

And that's all I noticed. Add me to the PM list please!

~!Mudkip Kitteh!~

Next chapter up, enjoy reading next chap may be up in no more than two weekends.

Buzz!

May leaned on the front desk of the Cherrygrove pokémon center as Nurse Joy registered her. There was a beeping on the computer that stood before Nurse Joy as May’s trainer card popped out. Joy removed it from the computer and checked that everything was written correctly.

“Let’s see, May Maple aged 15, pokémon: Blaziken,” Joy read, handing the trainer card to a nodding May.

“Yep, that’s all correct!” May said, winking.

“But why just the Blaziken?” Joy asked, having wanted to ask it eve since she began entering the information.

“Well, when I decided to go to Johto, I was a little all over the place. Then I remembered the actions of one of my old friends, so I changed my look a little and left with only my first pokémon. A fresh start,” May explained, slipping the card into her fanny pack.

“That sounds Nice, enjoy your time in Johto,” Nurse Joy said as May left.
    Drew stood before the half-built Cherrygrove contest hall and watched as the builders of all trades did their business. One electrician just happened to walk right past Drew.

“When will it be done?” Drew asked the electrician, stopping him.

“Well we still have the interior to do, so I recon it’ll take about three months to finish,” The electrician guessed, walking on. Drew nodded at the man politely, placing his hands in his pockets.

“I guess I should head to the pokémon center and plot out my path,” Drew figured, wondering off. It would take drew ten minutes to get from the contest hall to the pokémon center. May had left for route 30 in five. Drew had just missed her. By the time Drew would arrive and plot out where he wanted to go among other things, May would be close to MR Pokémon’s house already.
    May was nearing the outskirts of Cherrygrove city, she noticed various signs that said either ‘welcome to’ or ‘thanks for staying at’ Cherrygrove. It wasn’t a bad city, it was just there wasn’t much for May to do there. May blinked, and she was out into route 30.

May took out her pokédex “Let’s see what pokémon this route has!”

Route 30. Pokémon: Pidgey, Sentret,, Rattata, Spinarak, Ledyba.

May blinked, “Ledyba?” she wondered. May had recalled seeing a Ledyba before in some contest and she had always found them interesting. They were quite cute and had a lot of contest potential with attacks such as supersonic and comet punch. May slipped the pokédex back into her fanny pack.

“I guess my goal is to try and catch a Ledyba!” May exclaimed, catching the attention of a trainer.

“You want to catch a Ledyba eh?” The trainer asked, approaching May. He was a few inches shorter than may and had messy black hair, a black shirt and blue shorts. “I just caught one myself, now I’m heading back to Cherrygrove to recover it,” he finished.

May stepped back “Wow, a real Ledyba? Can I see it?” May asked.

The youngster sighed taking out a pokéball “Cherrygrove was just in sight and I get stopped by some girl,” he snarled.

May compressed her rage, raising an eyebrow “What am I? Just some girl,?”

The youngster laughed nervously “An attractive girl..?” he said in his defense. May took a step back. “The name’s Joseph by the way,” the kid said, outstretching his hand.

May shook his hand, forgiving the Joseph. He was just a kid after all “May,” May introduced herself.

Joseph tossed the pokéball up into the air “Well here it is, Leddi I chose you!” he exclaimed. The pokéball let loose a blinding light which shaped into Ledyba’s from as the ladybug-like pokémon appeared with a cute cry fluttering in the air.

“So, you’ve nicknamed it. Something simple it looks very nice,” May noted, putting her hand forward to pet it. The Ledyba was surprisingly smooth and had a very nice feel. May chuckled “You’ve caught a very special pokémon, take care of it!” she exclaimed.

Joseph smirked “Thanks for the compliment. So, do you want to battle it?” Joseph had challenged May.

May felt sweat accumulating “Umm, no thanks. I’m an experienced trainer I don’t think it would be fair,” she exclaimed trying to be as polite to the boy as possible.

Joseph raised an eyebrow “Excuse me! Are you calling me weak?!” Joseph called, he didn’t allow May to speak “and if you’re such an experienced trainer then how come you’re getting so excited?” he asked, constantly pointing his finger forcefully at a shaking May.

“Please Joseph I really don’t want to….”

“I said battle me!” Joseph interrupted.

May took out Blaziken’s pokémon “Fine,” she sighed, tossing up the pokéball into the air. Blaziken’s form manifested itself and appeared standing right infront of Ledyba and Joseph. As Blaziken roared, Joseph and Ledyba recoiled. Joseph gulped, Ledyba gulped twice thinking it would have to battle it.

“Hey, you can’t use a Blaziken! That’s not fair!” Joseph snapped.

May rolled her eyes “I’m afraid it’s my only pokémon!” she snickered.

Whilst Joseph and May argued, in the far distance a swarm of Ledyba sat in a large tree and watched. The biggest Ledyba of all flew in a tiny bit closer for a better look. It saw the fear in the Ledyba’s eyes.

“You’re mean, May! I’m leaving!” Joseph cried, running off towards Cherrygrove. Ledyba was quick to follow.

The Ledyba in the tree continued to watch the panicked Ledyba flee from Blaziken’s glare. The big Ledyba told the others that they should be offended that a ‘bully Blaziken’ had picked on an innocent Ledyba and that that’s not good pokémon-ship. That they should work together to exeunt revenge on Blaziken for shaming on of their own. Its actions are unforgivable. One on one, they’d loose but if they’d work together, they could show Blaziken who’s territory it is. All the Ledyba nodded in reply.

May pet Blaziken on the head “Okay, let’s go. Hopefully, undistracted,” she said taking a deep breath. Blaziken smiled at May, scanning the area before it began to walk. It could have sworn that it saw a big bunch of something behind a tree, but after scanning again, Blaziken didn’t see anything.

“Come on,” May said again as she noticed that Blaziken was standing still. Blaziken shrugged it off and began catching up to May.

A Buzzing noise could be heard in the distance. Soon it became louder and louder. It became like a screeching noise that echoed.

“Aaaah! What’s that noise!” May squealed. Placing her hands over her ears, the booming intensity off the sound bringing her to her knees. The same for Blaziken. Blaziken, struggling to get back up to see a swarm of Ledyba flying towards them. Struggling to get back up, Blaziken pointed to the swarm and called aloud. Miraculously, May noticed the oncoming swarm.

“A bunch of ledyba?! They’re making the noise? Why?” May wondered, the sound was getting unbearable. It boomed more and more as the sound got closer. Then, the sound subsided.

May breathed a sigh of relief, checking her ears before standing up shakily. She turned to face the swarm again, her breaths softening after the ordeal. Soon the shaking in her legs stopped. Blaziken stood beside May and engaged in a battling position. May put her hand on Blaziken’s shoulder.

“Whoa, calm down Blaziken we don’t have to battle them yet. We don’t even know what they’re on about.

Now, the swarm was directly in front of them. May heard Blaziken begin to yell at the Ledyba. She couldn’t quite understand everything it was saying, but it sounded angry. Then, the largest Ledyba emerged from the swarm to stare Blaziken down. Ledyba then began making its own speech. Despite a chirpy tone, it looked angry, too.

“Okaaay,” May blinked, obviously not having a clue on what was happening. Now Ledyba and Blaziken were shouting over the other. May backed of a little. She chuckled under her breath.

Ledyba screamed, Blaziken screamed back. Then, Ledyba’s figure began to glow. The bright light blinded everyone.

May shielded her eyes “Ledyba’s evolving! It must be pretty angry!” she observed, gasping “What did Blaziken do to make it angry in the first place?!”. Ledyba’s glowing figure configured into a new shape. Another flash of light, and a new pokémon stood before Blaziken. The new pokémon yelled again, sounding more dignified in its tone.

May flipped out her pokédex “I don’t remember this one,” she said, crunching a series of buttons into the pokédex. Ledian. Ledian live in places with clean and fresh air. In the night, it creates a sparkling and glowing power when it flies.

Mays eyes widened “I love Ledyba. And now I LOVE LEDIAN!” she exclaimed. It was all the features she found in a Ledyba nice but maxxed out. Ledian could kick butt in any confidence and May had confidence in that. Blaziken turned to her and raised an eyebrow. May comically shrugged it off.

Blaziken and Ledian turned to each other again. Ledian said a couple of words to Blaziken calmly. Blaziken replied back in a similar manner. Suddenly, the two recoiled to a far distance from one another. May was quick to realize what was going to happen.

“They’re going to battle,” May noted ‘But of course, a newly evolved bug type versus a fully-grown fire type…..’. May took a few steps back to get out of the battle’s way. The outcome to her was obvious “Blaziken so has this in the bag! Blaziken is mine!” she whispered with excitement. She adjusted her standing position and watched the battle unfold. \

Ledian began to fly upward, and forwards at the same time. So eventually, it would have a clear bird’s eye shot at Blaziken. As it drew near, Blaziken sprung off the ground and leapt high in the air. Ledian braced itself, only to watch Blaziken’s jump take it twice as higher into the air. Blaziken then unleashed a fiery spiral downwards aiming it at Ledian.

As the spiral gathered more flames from nothing, the spiral encircled Ledian, who let out a scream as it discovered behind a fiery veil, the intense heat soon dispersed as a crisped Ledian appeared, fluttering helplessly towards the ground. Blaziken followed down after it. May had taken out a pokéball and was preparing to throw it.

“Ledian! You’re mine!” May exclaimed, tossing the pokéball into the air.

Ledian landed on the ground with a thud. Soon, the pokéball bounced off it an encased Ledian, closing again just as Blaziken landed. The pokéball bounced on the ground a couple more times before freezing. It rocked once.

“Come on,” May said, hoping Ledian would soon be hers. Twice. Then, a third time as it stopped for good. “Yes, I caught Ledian!” May called, running towards the pokéball of her newly acquired Ledian. Blaziken gave May a faint but meaningful smile. As May held the pokéball high in the air, the other Ledyba watched, feeling ashamed. Soon, they began to flew away back into the tree from which they came.

May made a sad face at the Ledyba “I do feel bad about them, I hope I didn’t destroy their lives or anything,” she admitted. Deep down, May had a feeling that the Ledyba were going to come back for revenge. However, she would have to move, but back to Cherrygrove to heal Ledian. This also meant the chances of encountering the Ledyba again were higher. Sadly, May had misinterpreted the Ledyba, they were not heading back after all.

Back came the horrid buzzing noise. May’s eyes widened in fear as the noise began to crawl back down her ears. Then May was back on her knees again.

“I thought the Ledyba had left, what do they want?” May called to Blaziken. Blazien made a confused face.

The swarm were invisible to May, who could hardly pay attention with the noise taking its toll. With a call from Blaziken however she could tell that they were coming back for sure. ‘But what do they want? Revenge? Do hey honestly believe they can….’. May realized what they were after as she stared at Ledian’s pokéball.

“Blaziken! They want Ledian back!” May yelled. Blaziken understood immediately, its legs shaking. Blaziken called again and pointed in the distance were May could vaguely make out the Ledyba due to the audio agony.

Blaziken, in May’s defense widened its jaw to release a fire blast attack. The human-shape inferno soared towards the swarm, and caused the Ledyba to scatter. Some fell to the ground, others slowed to get rid of the flames. Some Ledyba were not hit at all and kept on going. Blaziken cringed, and fired another fire blast with all its might. It had a similar affect, yet still a few Ledyba were unharmed.

Having just released two consecutives fire blasts, Blaziken took a moment to rest. It was clearly warn out.

“It’s not fair to have you take them all on, Blaziken,” May said taking out its pokéball “Return and take a long rest, I’ll work things out wether I get to keep Ledian or not,”. As Blaziken disappeared, it wished May all the best but was grateful for her thoughtfulness.

May collected her pokéball and stood up to face the Ledyba, of all conditions “Listen, I don’t know why you attacked me in the first place and I wish we had time to work it out but when Ledian decided to battle Blaziken it was aware of the consequences. You have to understand this. I’ll take care of Ledian, I promise,” May pleaded, holding her hands deeply onto her chest to show how heartfelt she was about the whole situation.

Some of the Ledyba were recovering. To May’s dismay they didn’t look persuaded. They began to slowly gather before her with angry gazes. May didn’t know what else to say. A couple of days in the Johto region and she had already enraged a whole swarm of Ledyba.

“Fine, you win,” May admitted, holding up Ledian’s pokéball. However, just as she was about to open it, the pokéball opened itself. May and the Ledyba gasped, taking a step back as Ledian appeared before the swarm.

Ledian turned to May and nodded, smiling. The coordinator was confused ‘is Ledian on my side? Impossible!’.

Ledian turned back to the other Ledyba, and did a quick flying lap around them, staring each one down individually. Then Ledian began its speech. May was extremely curious to know what it was saying, or what the eventual outcome would be.

May noticed a strange intensity in Ledian’s eyes as it continued to speak. All the Ledyba were listening attentively. Ledian was doing another lap of the swarm, continuing its speech. Ledian was a real politican. Then, Ledian finished. May awaited a dramatic response, but everything was silent. Ledian backed off, and turned to May.

May blinked “Ledian, what is it?” she asked. Ledian searched for its pokéball and tapped it. Before May could react, Ledian had disappeared into the red light that she was all so familiar with. “Ledian where are you going?” May asked with a deep concerned breath.

With Ledian gone, May looked at all the Ledyba, just staying put “What did Ledian tell you guys?” May asked, nervous as she received no response. The Ledyba began to chuckle maniacally and slowly advance on May. It took a while for May to comprehend the situation, the Ledyba were advancing on her again but Ledian has just openly left. Then, it made sense. So much sense that in enraged May.

“Did you guys trick Ledian into leaving?” May stammered demanding an answer “Did you say you’d leave me alone only to attack me after Ledian was gone?”. The Ledyba made no noise, still advancing, May took a few more steps back. May raised an eyebrow “Be Honest,”

The Ledyba loked around and nodded. May’s other eyebrow was raised. Apparently, the Ladybug couldn’t leave well enough alone. ‘I can’t understand why they were angry in the first place, NOR why Ledian eventually came around, NOR why they tricked him now. But I do know that this escapade shouldn’t go any further. Even if it means giving up Ledian,…’ May thought. Her mind was weighing down on her yet she could figure out the right thing to do.

May took out Ledian’s pokéball one last time “If you want it, take it,” she said in defeat, outstretching her arms. In the distance, a figure watched May’s actions and decided to pursue actions of their own. “Take it,” May repeated, crestfallen. The Ledyba began to hover closer and closer to May, smirking in defeat. Neither side understood the other, yet things could be sorted out. Then….

“Roselia, leaf storm!” A voice exclaimed from the distance.

“Leaf storm?” May responded, gasping. For a moment, everybody pulled back and then everything froze for another moment. Taking a deep breath, May glimpsed at the unfolding attack.

A Gale force blew down o the Ledyba with brute force. Cutting lines could be seen all over as dagger-like leaves were added to the mix. It was like a combination of a tornado and a knife. The Ledyba stood in the eye of the gust and scattered again. Almost blinded by the sharp wind, May turned away. The wind roared with furry continuously, soon stopping.

May took another breath and turned back “All the Ledyba went away,” she observed. Another thought hit her, her head flicked upwards “Where did that leaf storm come from?” she wondered. The mysteries were all too compelling. The whole day had been a mystery at that.

Mays sighed, wiping sweat from her forehead “I think I need to head back to Cherrygrove,” she said.
    May now stood at the counter of the Cherrygrove pokémon center, where she had been hours before registering for Johto contests, now with two injured pokémon as she handed their pokéballs to Nurse Joy.

“A Blaziken and a Ledian,” May told Joy, with a blank face.

“Johto region surprising you?” Joy asked. May felt on the spot.

“Actually, yes it is,” May replied.

“Serves you right!” A voice yelled from behind.

May sighed “Joseph, why are you so angry at me for?”.

“You insulted me when you sent your big fat Blaziken out to battle my innocent Ledyba. That humiliated us, and probably any Ledyba anywhere. Ledyba are sensitive about those things you know?” Joseph explained, he was trying to tell May off, but really he was just giving her all the answers she needed.

‘The Ledyba must have been offended on how I scared a fellow Ledyba. Off the rocks a little, but understandable’. “Whatever,” May answered, turning back to Nurse Joy.

Joseph made a ‘humph’ noise and walked off. Perhaps, this wouldn’t be the last May would be seeing of the little Joseph, or the Ledyba.
    “She May never know,” Drew told Roselia as they trekked onwards towards Violet city “She May never know, but deep down I still feel good about helping her,” he finished. Drew sounded almost uncharacteristic.

Roselia replied back, sounding comforting in its tone.

“Thanks Roselia, for appreciating the edgy confident side of me and the sensitive side. And Maybe one day, May might just know after all. Good leaf storm by the way,” Drew said. He and Roselia smiled, Violet city hours within sight. Flicking his hair, Drew was off.
    MR Pokémon rested in is cottage, sipping a cup of much needed tea after he had heard the disturbance.

“What on earth was that?” He wondered, in a gentleman’s tone.

There you go.
    Last edited by Wind Waker; 18th October 2006 at 11:37 PM.

Haha, Joseph chickened out! xD I liked how he used those little kid insults. It was very realistic!

I liked this chapter, but it wasn't that shippy. When will Drew and May actually see each other? That's when the story will really begin! =P

~~Awesomeness~~

That was an awesome chapter! I loved how Drew came to save May at the end.
    But I do agree with Hullo. I NEEDZ SHIPPINESS!!!!! anyways, I totally loved this chapter. It was very descriptive and the comments and insults were awesome. Keep up the good work

click on my banner to go to my CS fic! (no flames!)

My little views on the fic

Sentret leapt up, spun its tail right around and slapped Drew over the face
    Ahahahahaha! stoopid Drew!

“Sentret, you’re persistent! But if you knew who I was, I don’t think you’d want to mess with me,” Drew said, flicking his hair and tossing the pokéball and Sentret “Pokéball go!”
    Wow...we're not confident of our abilities at all!

The pokéball rocked once, twice. But then, it re-opened and Sentret was set free. Drew’s eyes widened. A cheerful Sentret rejoiced its failure to be captured and sprinted off into the distance to play with a bunch of other Sentret.
    *snickers* sucker....

Chapter 2

May felt sweat accumulating “Umm, no thanks. I’m an experienced trainer I don’t think it would be fair,” she exclaimed trying to be as polite to the boy as possible.
    Now where have we heard that before...

The whole thing with the Ledyba was great, especially as I thought buzzing, then thought Beedrill(obvious) so i was nicely suprised when it was the ledyba!

“Thanks Roselia, for appreciating the edgy confident side of me and the sensitive side. And Maybe one day, May might just know after all. Good leaf storm by the way,” Drew said. He and Roselia smiled, Violet city hours within sight. Flicking his hair, Drew was off.
    *giggle*

Can't wait for the next chapter and for some real shippyness to start!

Not bad. I've read better but this is still pretty good. Keep up the good work. Please put me on the PM List.

~Ayra~
    "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it is what you do with the gift of life, that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
    "The only thing we can be is ourselves, we can't be someone else, and someone else can't be us." -Kelly Smith
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Type:Flying
    Spearow, Woobat, Hawlucha
    ^Click to go to my Ribbon Sprites thread, in need of some ideas^
    Currently working on:
        Spoiler:- Ribbons I'm working on:
    [img]http://i44.*******.com/23t2pg8.png[/img]
    Credit to AWildMew for the Shinjoh Connection userbar