Thread: When the 3rd Generation Came Out...

Default When the 3rd Generation Came Out...

...I mean Ruby and Sapphire, was it as crazy as it is now for finding information from Diamond and Pearl? Like the discovering where to catch some Pokemon (I bet Snorunt and Feebas took awhile), Pokemon evolutions (Milotic, Shedinja, the difference between Cascoon and Silcoon), items, new moves, and what not?

It's just, I've pretty much spoiled the entirety of Diamond/Pearl for myself, minus the story, and I'm still very excited; was it like this for the 3rd gen?

Trainer Card Maker (Only edited out of picture cause it looked bad)

i dont think it was as hyped up as d/p is because d/p is the first proper pokemon game on ds
    [IMG]http://i12.*******.com/6eydtut.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i15.*******.com/34zylw3.png[/IMG]
    ^Both by me, PM me if you want one.

I was hyped up, since this was a new generation to games, and new Pokemon. Back then though, I didn't live/eat/breathe new information, but rather just waited until the games came out to find out new stuff.

Sucks that we all know so much about D/P now, but that doesn't mean it will get spoiled...Just means we have a slight idea as to what to expect.
    Matt the Drat!

I heard back then,people thought Blaziken was legendary..and there came torchic(Really,i don`t understand how people could NOT understand that torchic is the starting evo of blaziken?They both orangy,redish fire chickens!)

Marluxia the level 5 Cherrim!

Yay for Marluxia

I wasn't that hyped until I got it. Then I couldn't put it down.
    Check out MySuperPC

My Shinies
    Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

I wasnt here when it was hyped up for R/S so i didnt have the hype but here i cant wait to get D/P
    R.I.P Eddie Guerrero 1967-2005
    Credit to TeamElecwater for the TC with the red backround
    Credit to ~Jirachi Lover~ for the TC.
    Credit to kitsune_boy389 for the banner

Nintendo Power was my source of informaiton on Pokemon at the time. Boy has the time changed lol.

I remember it being hyped up, all RPG pokemon games are, as were GSC.

I wasn't here either for Ruby/Sapphire. I basically found out a new pokemon game was coming out in the ads. After I found out a week before though, I was really hyped. Now, I'm hyped already for D/P!
    [IMG]http://i25.*******.com/2m7vzfd.png[/IMG]

I really wasn't hyped much.. seriously I was still playing Crystal when I heard of R/S (And by then emerald was already out..)
    so no no hype for there..
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Well if you can get rid of Tyranitar, Rotom W, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Specs Politoed, Heatran, Jirachi, Skarmory, Excadrill, Thundurus, Reuniclus, Gengar, Taunt Gyarados, Deoxys, Volcarona, Forretress, Latias, Hydreigon, Scrafty, Metagross, Chandelure, Toxic, Sandstorm, Hail, Rain, Sun boosted Fire Blasts, Taunt, any offensive Pokemon with Lum Berry, stall and all skilled players then Cresselia is decent in OU.
    Pokédex: 718

People weren't that excietd about the new game

I wasn't excited about R/S. I didn't have a GBA and I was too busy with other things to get one. But now that I have Nintendo DS, I can play the GBA games, and the fact that the new DS games are compatible make it that much better. I'm hyped up for the DS games because they remind me more of the G/S games than anything, which brought more to the series than any other new versions, especially because they're bringing back day/night and stuff.

Kinda weird they ever took that out.

I remeber being really hyped, and so was most of my school, stupid rumours were going around and that such.

Quote Originally Posted by Colliepop View Post
    And that is invalid!
    Or maybe we reverse the positions. The lion can show up in the middle of a bustling city street, and take on a person in a tank.
    This post is Win
    This is why idolizing the human civilizations of yester-millenia is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaster Rannon View Post
    I really wasn't hyped much.. seriously I was still playing Crystal when I heard of R/S (And by then emerald was already out..)
    so no no hype for there..

I was playing Crystal at the time too, but I was 11 years old then. xD
    Check out MySuperPC

My Shinies
    Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Look at avatars. Everybody is using DP sprites. soon, when the excitement has died out, all avatars will be used again.

~K-os
    PM me if you need any help with in-game or competitive movesets, 1st to 4th Generation.
    Smogon University

R/S weren't that hyped about i guess i personally wasn't here but D/P was way out their i wonder what the next gen will be like??