Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Copyright Infringement

@ the above poster you can blame people like the RIAA and the MPAA or other such orginizations they could be going after rapists and murders but they go after music downloaders *rolls eyes*
    Ignore people like that do what you want. Seriously as long as you dont claim you own it it shouldnt be allowed.Greedy bums...

even though I watch fandubs, AMV's and all that, I'm glad they are copyrighted. The Pokemon company and Shogakukan will lose money and get out of business if it isn't copyrighted.
    Nicolai Luigi Bizarani's PokePet

Air Force One the level 50 Latias!

go here to populate my city and here to increase my industry

Question, Could I post my Stop-Motion Movies on here, as long as I don't copy the Transformers Movie Story Line?

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher_Admin View Post
    Question, Could I post my Stop-Motion Movies on here, as long as I don't copy the Transformers Movie Story Line?
    Technically I'm not sure but I guess you can.

PS: Change the Mist Wolf to Azure Wolf in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Gholy View Post
    Satoshi, you mean he manga artist of pokemon, Satoshi Tajari
    A bit off-topic here, but Tajiri was the creator of Pokémon, not the manga artist. Other people do the various manga series. ^^

Glad to see my old thread is still going strong. :D

...sort of. XP

@eeveerose: What is there not to believe about this?
    Last edited by XD375; 12th April 2010 at 9:34 AM.
    I have nothing to put here right now.

My understanding is that if you do your own drawings then record those images it's not technically copyright infringement as Pokemon is arguably in the public domain. You still have to credit the actual (C) holder of Pokemon on anything you post (especially to YouTube who's scared of getting sued...and by Warner Media group, too) in addition to stating that you drew all the images yourself AND that "no infringement is intended"...even then it's not 100% that youtube won't pull it, but it increases the odds of staying up.

Back when I was running TCG league we cross hosted a local tournament with Regal Cinemas to promote Movie 2000. Part of the grand prize was a complete 4-pack of the film cards plus some league promos (9 in total). We needed special authorization to give out the cards as they had been earmarked to be given with ticket sales.

After the promo event ( ::cough:: ) we submitted a portfolio/album with various documentation. It had to be sent to both Regal corporate and WB and it needed an actual cover on it. I sat down and free-handed the lunchbox image of Ash with pokeball for the front cover and an image of Pikachu bursting through the WB logo topped with That's All Folks! for the back. On the lunchbox the ball is closed, but I opened it and added the Regal logo inside with a light-burst effect. WB loved it and actually sent me a release so they could use the finale in later promotional materials. They sent it on to Nintendo who also loved it. (We also enclosed a photo of the lunchbox and cited it as the source for the album cover which may have helped)

You can use the idea of pokemon in any respectful way you wish, but you can not use their already done work. They do have the right to demand anything you do with their idea be halted and you really have no claim to the contrary. Remember that and you should be OK.
    One of the Proud 25% that level up legally.

Claimed: Top Gun Anthem (March '09)
    Banette 30 Sept '11

Spoiler:- Brags:

Top 3,000 2012 International WiFi
    Spring 2012 SE US Regionals: 1-7 TCG, 2-6 VGC (warstory coming soon)
    Found the Collo Bonus Disc @ GS
    PGL: FLPokemom

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123