Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Copyright Infringement

Youtube's the only one that supports this thing. If you go to Video Google, all of them are still intact.
    Example (My AMV): http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...87238838498031- been around for more than 1 month.

^ Youtube

That kinda sucks. I've seen some good AMV's, and I used to watch Fruits Basket on Youtube before FUNimation removed them all.

Good thing my friend has the DVDs. She let me watch the rest over Christmas break. xD

My sister isn't gonna be too happy with this. She uses Youtube to listen to her favorite songs. xD

But this kinda thing is against the law. So, I'm gonna go with it, and find alternate ways of listening to music.

I thought Nintendo owned Pokemon?
    Here are some links. Clicking on them, and then following their instructions will generate revenue from adds which is directly donated to one of many causes. You may click any of these links once a day to make a small donation. Please do so.

| Global Warming | Animals and Pet Shelters | Books For Children | Hunger | Breast Cancer | Children's Health Care

Quote Originally Posted by darkjigglypuff View Post
    I thought Nintendo owned Pokemon?
    I think Shogakukan actually owns the rights to the anime though, so they're the ones who decide if it can be on Youtube or not. They also own the rights to Rockman/Mega Man (although Xebec is the one who animates it), as well as a few other anime (probably anything that also has a manga form in Coro Coro Comics, actually).
    Owner of the
    Ape Escape Club
    We love new members!
    My bishie is Specter from Ape Escape!
    [Megaman Club] [Porygon Club] [Legendary Trio Club]

#PM needed to switch to an IP tracker because of this, so YT ISN'T the only supporter.
    I have nothing to put here right now.

Considering some of the most popular stuff on youtube has copyritten Pokemon songs used in the background, seems kinda ironic that they pick and choose like that.

Has anyone ever heard a case of a fan flash video not using anything direct from the thing its based off of being taken down? I'm learning flash and would hate to do a large collection of Pokemon flashes just to have them taken down due to copyright problems

No, the flash videos don't go down, and it's the Japanese producers who are being whiny, so they couldn't care less about the American music which they probably don't even recognize in the background.

Hey, thanks Latios. Do you mind if I post that in the first post so it's easier to find for the other users?

Quote Originally Posted by XD375 View Post
    If you still want to watch online Pokémon, you can buy them on Google Video for $1.99 American.
    Would that be more illegal? If you did that the google would make money off of it.
    Last edited by Glitch Master; 11th February 2007 at 4:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manamanah View Post
    I'm Neena and I'm haaving se worst day effer. Eferrybody is peecking on me and I've bean attaacked by aaliens!
    Quote Originally Posted by tramway View Post
    If I could carry 374,575,868,685,387,676,784,675,787,856,878 kgs of water in one hand and 876,854,754,856,456,476,456,237,489,623,465 kgs in the other, then what is the amount of exerted force on the water on my twentieth finger on Jupiter?
    The Pro-Cloning Club v2.0 l Wi-Fi Info l PKM Canyon Forums l LP Revolution Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch Master View Post
    Would that be more illegal? If you did that the google would make money off of it.
    The Pokemon Company licenses the episodes to Google.

Thanks, Latios.

Too bad only Americans have access to those videos.

Anyway, I'm sick and tired of people giong around blaming Pokémon USA for this, especially SOVA members. It's Shogakukan, and this thread needs more advertising so we can get the message straight.

Is spriting illegal?

Banner made by me

If it was, then a lot of people here would be in the big house.

As long as you don't plagarize, then there is nothing wrong with spriting?

I rarely see any Pokemon epis on youtube now, if you see a pokemon episode you want, download it, most likely it will be taken off. Although still nearly every Naruto Episode is still on YouTube.

Thanks to Pikablu the Pokemaster for this awesome userbar.

Are you a Kirby fan? click the banner to join the Kirby Klub!

Call me Kawaii Poyo (I actually prefer simply Poyo). I need to get this username changed...NAO!

The Kirby Klub is now dead... I was inactive and managing it was just too time consuming. Still keeping this in my sig for old times sake though.

An episode of Naruto: The Abridged Series was taken off a while ago, actually, along with some Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series episodes.

It's just not fair! I really miss seasons 1-5 so much. Those jerkwads at Cartoon Network aren't even showing them anymore.

Plus, on Cartoon Network these days, haven't you noticed those anyoing pop-up ads? You know, the ads that would usealy would apper after every commerical brake. Useally, they are messages of upcomming programs like for exsample: ("Catch an all new episode of Squriel Boy, this Friday at 8:00 PM/7 Central"). That's so annoying!

Sure other networks like NBC and The CW are also doing this too, but the ads on the other networks are alot smaller than the ones from Cartoon Network. I think they are doing this for possible Copyright Protection issues and that could also exsplain why most networks would show a Network Bug Logo for not just station identifaction reasons, but also for Copyright Protection reasons. The logo would useally dissapeer durring commerical brakes and it would eventuly reapper durring normal programming.

I think Copyright Protection issues had been gone too far (even though the orginal creator's work would still be stolen). People who feel like they want to watch and edit Copyrighted Video Clips will get board eventully (even if they are just going to use it for privet home use only)...

Hey...I find that Shogakukan is being really unfair....firstly I had a pokemon opening on my youtube account that lasted about a min and it had to be removed! Why? Sure I understand that they own the rights to the anime but firstly they would make no money off the single opening....I wasnt making any money...if anything by having an intro up on youutbe was surely advertising the actual anime.I also stated in the description pokemon is a media franchise owned by Nintendo and all credit goes to Nintendo and Satoshi *forgotten last name* >> therefore I wasnt claiming it as my own. But hey guess you cant win.
    Also can anyone tell me whether creating pokemon slide shows is against copyright if the slide only lasts a few seconds and no actual whole episode was shown from the pics?

Satoshi, you mean he manga artist of pokemon, Satoshi Tajari.

Well, if Shogakukan wish for pokemon amv's to go down, that is up to them. I've seen some rather exellent amv's and some very bad ones. For some reason, I've always liked anime music videos. Perhaps there are too many on youtube, which annoy anime haters a lot.

Some anime producers actually encourage fan made material. I'd always thought that these anime companies would be flattered to know that people are making tributes to thier shows.

Which makes me wonder, how come Shogakukan hasn't attempted to bring down the fan fiction community

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

One of my videos just got removed on YouTube! It's not fair. I posted a video clip of classic promos from WGN-TV and here's what happened next...

http://www.youtube.com/browse?&sessi...pfNcTPzHSg-g==

My dad video taped it back in 1989, and I thought uploading it seemed like it was harmless. I even put a Copyright disclaimer message, but it just didn't work. I used Windows Movie Maker, and Movie Maker decreases the quility of the video. It's just not fair!

Did anyone else used Windows Movie Maker, and then posted the Copyrighted video on YouTube, and then got the E-Mail message saying that your video has been removed? Also, has your YouTube account been termanated due to posting too many Copyrighted videos?
    Last edited by Metal Bird; 1st November 2007 at 3:28 AM.

That has happened to many of my friends. But they all just try and return. I admit I am guilty as charged

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

If you ask me, YouTube is deleting inportant pieces of radio and television history!

Aw man.....so I cant post my fandubs?

oh man that isn't fun 8<

But, yanno. Rules are rules.

"An' jus' remembuh, I'm da top cat!"
    ::CLAIMS::
    Bishie & Mascot: TR's Meowth || C. Bishie: Rufus the Naked Mole Rat || Celebrity: Joe Jonas
    Song: Goodnight And Goodbye (Jonas Brothers) || Anime Song: Dreams (Pokémon 2000)

My Wii Shop Channel Wishlist

I make a lot of AMVs on Youtube(just look at my sig) But none of my videos haven't been removed yet. I give credit though. A lot of my friends on Youtube also make AMVs like mine, but they've never been removed(I don't think) Anyway, I think Shogakukan is being a little too unfair about this. I mean, they're still making a lot of money, why do they care?
    I am now done with Pokemon. Battling, Spriting, the whole deal. So I wont be on much anymore. Sorry everyone.

I dont believe this
    I llove making AMVs
    and the sugi art is fun to re color
    we dont mean harm, we arent taking credit
    (:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast