Thread: Summer's Song (Djboutishipping)

Default Summer's Song (Djboutishipping)

Okay, Psi, I wrote it. =P And here it is finished! OMG! =O
    Well...this is just about the biggest piece of crack I've ever written, thanks to PsiUmbreon, who made up the ship and asked me to write it for him. =P I'm not all too skilled with major crack, so, go easy. ;;
    But anyway, this is Djboutishipping, the romance between Socrates, Jigglypuff, and a roll of paper towel. >.< Oh god...
    I'm here proving I actually will write this (at five Word pages), so...yeah. Please review if you read.
    Enjoy though. ^^
    Rated PG
    --------------------
    Summer's Song

“Power?”
    “Check.”
    “Jigglypuff?”
    “Che…er…”

The scientist looked around for the pink critter. His glasses flashed as they reflected the artificial lights of the machinery surrounding him, his boss, and the rest of the crew. He held his clipboard firmly becoming nervous. It was his job to keep an eye on their fluffy specimen and now the little devil had gone missing…again.

“Dr. Truman? Where is it? We can’t keep waiting,” his boss asked sternly, yet calmly.

Truman wasn’t listening all that much as he tried to call it, “Here, Jigglypuff…”

There was a rustling behind them and one of the female scientists turned around.

“I think I know where it is,” she said and passed through the plastic door into a kitchen area.

She checked the fridge first, but the big-eyed critter was no where to be found. She then turned toward the paper towel dispenser and low and behold, Jigglypuff sat clutching the roll of highly absorbent paper. The woman shook her head and then grabbed the now occupied creature. She then turned back to the testing room to face the rest of the crew. She smirked at Truman.

“Ah, playing with the paper towel again,” he murmured, though loud enough for the others to hear.

He figured the statement would make it seem like that was the next place he would have checked. Nevertheless, the team started preparing again for their goal.

“We’ve finally done it!” yelped the head scientist, “We’ve finally built a working time machine! One that will transport matter to…anytime we choose!”

He was giddy with excitement and the other scientists that surrounded him smiled and nodded. Truman placed Jigglypuff on the stand inside the machine’s sleek capsule. The floor the pink Pokemon stood on lit up in a fluorescent yellow-green, as did a few lights across the capsule’s metal shell. The giddy, head scientist then attached a waste-band around Jigglypuff’s body. The center of the belt-like contraption glowed red and beeped a few times before becoming comfortable with its new home. For once, Jigglypuff shifted its wide eyes away from Paper Towel and over to something else, namely the device that had been strapped to it.

“Jiggly?” it asked.

“This is a type of communicator,” the head scientist told the rest of his colleagues, “It will help us stay in contact with Jigglypuff as it travels through time. It will also be the “ticket home”.”

He had raised his hands and made the quotation signs, as any nerd would to try and be funny. Jigglypuff’s attention was quickly snatched up again by Paper Towel and its soft, cylinder shape.
    As it nuzzled its love interest of the moment, Truman shouted, “All to safety spots!”

He pushed a button and the steel doors to the capsule closed Jigglypuff and Paper Towel Roll inside.

“Now, Truman! The energy’s at its peak!” the head scientist cried.

“See ya, Jiggy,” Truman said, with no remorse whatsoever.

With the pull and down of a large switch, there was a loud spark, a crash-like sound, and then smoke everywhere. The capsule opened and there lay nothing.

“God speed, Jigglypuff!” the head scientist saluted.

There was a strange chirping from a bird far off. Jigglypuff couldn’t recognize the noise as it awoke from its unconsciousness.

“Jiggy?” it inquired to no one in particular.

It looked around, finding that it had landed in a sort of garden, and it was surrounded by shrubbery. A small butterfly flitted past its face and Jigglypuff jumped. It had never seen anything like that before…well it had, but ten times the size. It was then as it held its stubby arms together that it realized Paper Towel was missing! They must have gotten separated during the trip, and as Jigglypuff frantically went looking under every bush it could find, tears welt up in its eyes. What ever could it do without Paper Towel? And what would Paper Towel do exposed to a world that was probably so full of waste for it to become a slave to?
    There were footsteps and human speech coming from just a few feet away beyond a few shrubs. Jigglypuff dodged underneath some shrubbery.

“Plato, look at this,” the pink Pokemon heard, “What ever do you think it is?”

Jigglypuff spied on them from under the bush. They were humans alright, though dressed strangely. They wore long, white robes and golden rope as belts. Okay, so it wasn’t too far off from what some of the scientists wore on those few select nights, but still – these people were out in broad daylight! Although Jigglypuff didn’t quite understand it, it had successfully traveled back in time to ancient Athens.
    The pink, fluff-ball’s eyes wandered down as the strange human named Plato bent down to pick up something. Low and behold it was Paper Towel lying ever so elegantly in the shade of a bush Jigglypuff had not checked yet. The balloon Pokemon blew itself up in a huff and went so far as to rush to poor Paper Towel’s rescue. It jumped upon the man’s back and delivered a heavy Pound attack to his spine.

“Son of Zeus! What was that?” Plato called to his friend.

“Why, I don’t know what it is, but it was that...thing!” his friend called back.

Jigglypuff stood with Paper Towel safely back in its arms. No damage had been done and Jigglypuff breathed a sigh of relief.

“Why, it’s even more astonishing than that roll of soft paper!” Plato concluded, “Let us bring it to Socrates! He finds himself so wise, maybe he knows what this creature is!”

“Well, you better get to catching it!” his friend said, pointing towards Jigglypuff’s running back.

Plato took no time to decide to run after the creature. Jigglypuff was fast, and dodged to and fro amongst the ally ways throughout Athens. Nevertheless, Plato and his friend kept on searching. Unfortunately for them, Jigglypuff had made itself a master of hiding and has slipped down a shaft to an underground basement it had found in the center of the city.
    It plopped at the bottom and it took no time for Paper Towel to land on the creature’s head.

“Puff!” it squeaked.

The bottom of the shaft was dark and gloomy. There was a cough and few grumblings far off in the darkness. Jigglypuff shook with fear and held Paper Towel close to its body. It walked further into the basement, listening to the groaning voices until it saw a light at the end of the deep corridor.

“Puff?” it asked and walked toward the light.

As it neared, it found the light was blocked off by bars, like a teaser. As it neared further, it found that the blocked off area was more like a cage, similar to the cage Jigglypuff itself had stayed in under the control of the scientists back at the lab. It approached the bars, and now close enough it could see a lonely man was trapped behind them. His face was not lightened by the rays of sunshine streaming from Apollo, but, he did look quite content with his living quarters.

The man sensed the creature’s presence, and, at the sight of it, jumped with an, “Oh!”

“Puff!” Jigglypuff gasped as it had been found out.

With the sudden excitement, the man dropped his cup of water and Jigglypuff dropped Paper Towel. The roll unraveled, and soaked up the spilled drink in an almost pleasured manner for its services.

“Jiggy puff puff PUFF!” Jigglypuff fumed.

“Calm down, there, mysterious creature,” the man said, “It looks as though your toy will be fine.”

His soothing voice eased Jigglypuff’s nerves a bit. With nimble fingers, the man picked Paper Towel up gently.

“Oh, dear,” the man said with a look at the roll.

Not wanting to watch another second of the man toying with Paper Towel, Jigglypuff squeezed through the bars and tore the roll away from him, causing the paper to tear. The wet part lay in the man’s hands and the rest of the roll was with Jigglypuff.

“PUFF!” it shrieked.

“Be still,” the man said, “I mean no harm…and look. Your paper is just fine.”

Jigglypuff turned away from the man, furious.

“Would you like to be friends, small, pink one?” the man asked, “My name’s Socrates. What’s yours?”

Jigglypuff grumbled back, “Jigglypuff.”

“I’ve never heard that name before – but it seems to pack some spunk...kind of like you do,” Socrates said to the pink creature.

Jigglypuff was still looking away, now with red cheeks. No one had ever commented positively on it before, not even its trainer, Truman. The thought of the lab was just so…unbearable. If it never went back, it was fine with that.

“What’s this around your waist?” Socrates asked.

“Jiggy,” Jigglypuff honestly shrugged.

“Well, it looks awful annoying,” he said.

His fingers raced across the contraption, pushing buttons of all kinds, in which many didn’t work (electricity wasn’t around during ancient Greece!). He then pushed a large, red button which unlocked the belt and set Jigglypuff free.

“Jiggly!” Jigglypuff cried in happiness, and threw itself onto Socrates in a bout of joy.

The two spent the rest of the afternoon together in Socrates’ cell. Jigglypuff sure lightened the mood, and although the creature didn’t speak his language, their communication was impeccable, somehow. There was something about it that gave him joy. It listened to everything he had to say and seemed to understand his views on the gods and those that had thrown him in that jail. But most importantly, it seemed to be more than a companion...one of spiritual connection...

“Jiggly puuuuff,” Jigglypuff said softly, after hearing Socrates’ recent experiences.

“Yes…I guess they think we should all believe in the gods,” Socrates said, “But let me ask you something. Do you believe in those gods?”

Jigglypuff shook its head – it hadn’t a clue what they were anyway.

“Then what happens to you? You weren’t thrown in jail like I for having a different opinion!” Socrates exclaimed.

“Shut up, old man,” cried a prisoner down the hall.

Socrates sighed and lied down on the stone bed he had been given.

“And now I have death on my mind,” Socrates said with a flick of his wrist, “I know, I know – I probably deserve it in their eyes and yes I know I could have escaped…but that wouldn’t have been right. Perhaps if I don’t run my reputation will go up after I pass. I suppose it’s better than being hunted.”

Jigglypuff put on a worrisome face.

“Jig! Jiggly jiggly puff!” it cried.

“Don’t be worried about me,” Socrates said with a soothing smile, “I’m only to drink Hemlock. It’s a deadly poison, but, I suppose it’s better than being slaughtered. The bad thing is, the thought won’t leave me alone. I can’t tell you how many nights of sleep I’ve lost to those nightmares.”

Jigglypuff didn’t say a word – it only handed Paper Towel to him. Socrates took the roll, hesitated, and then put it under his head. He felt bad, but they both knew, somehow, that Paper Towel would find a new purpose that way. And recognizing its own purpose in life (besides making more Jigglypuff like it had been told by Truman), Jigglypuff began to sing. The melody echoed throughout the cavernous corridors and Socrates looked at the creature with awe and astonishment.

“Why, what a talent you have!” Socrates said sleepily, “It’s like a lullaby from the heavens.”

He yawned and then apologized, “I’m sorry to fall asleep during your beautiful performance, love, but it’s that…powerful.”

In an instant he was asleep, but Jigglypuff kept its song going until the snoring of all the other prisoners echoed into its ears. Then, with a long yawn of its own, Jigglypuff snuggled under Socrates’ arm and fell asleep soundly.

The next day, word had gotten out that the sacred ship had returned from Delos and it was time for Socrates to drink the dreaded Hemlock. He spent a few of his last hours with his friends, all but Plato, where they offered a sure escape for the last time.

“You must!” they pleaded.

“No!” Socrates said sternly, “I cannot return evil for evil. I have a duty to respect the due process of the Law in the city that had nurtured me.”

They sulked, discussed it a bit more, and finally went into other philosophical discussions. Jigglypuff and Paper Towel listened to the discussion, not having a clue as to what was going on.

“It is time!” called one of the guards.

They presented Socrates with the Hemlock in a little glass bottle. His friends found dust in their eyes, and furiously wiped them away. Jigglypuff cried silently, wiping its tears away into Paper Towel. Socrates took the glass flask with bravery, and gulped the poison down quickly as if it were a shot. He began to shake almost instantly and his friends rushed to his side.

“Jiggy!” Jigglypuff cried.

Socrates said to it in a cracking tone, “Sing for me, Jigglypuff…one last time…that…that summer’s song…that lullaby…”

His breathing was uneven, but for all it was worth, Jigglypuff opened its mouth and let the soft melody pour out of its heart. The room fell silent, save for the creature’s voice, and one by one everyone fell asleep. Socrates tried his best to stay awake, even though the pain rushing through him wasn’t pleasant. He then fell weak and dozed off to the sound of Jigglypuff’s “Summer’s Song.”
    -------------------
    Serious writing for one of Psi's cracked out ships. wtf.
    Well, I hope you enjoyed it all the same. XD;;
    Comment, plz!
    Last edited by Encyclopika; 15th October 2006 at 4:33 AM.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

XD This fic gave me "wtfness" all over in the end. But nice!
    Cute how Jigglypuff jumped on Socrates. And the end. Just sweet in a weird way. xD

LMAO I can't really give good reviews but this fic was good. I saw no errors or so. Detailed description which is awesome.

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Strange how you managed to make a roll of paper towel ship intersting... but it was really good. I liked the Plato and Socrates part since we're learning about them at school xD and it gives a really odd but good twist to the name of Pokemon....

Bad review, I know. But at least you know people are reading it! xD

When I learned that this was made, I had to check it out at once. I. Had. To. XDDDD I knew that I’d like it—that was basically guaranteed by the sheer fecking brukkiness of the ship involved—but this story actually even exceeded my expectations. I never would have thought that a story about the affection between a historical figure, a Pokémon, and an inanimate object could not only provide quality reading material, but could also be a genuinely sweet little story.

All of the following highlights (except the last one) were excerpts that I found particularly funny. However, they all also fall under additional categories in terms of why I liked them…

Jigglypuff’s protective adoration of Paper Towel was entertaining and well conveyed, as shown in the following excerpts:

She then turned toward the paper towel dispenser and low and behold, Jigglypuff sat clutching the roll of highly absorbent paper.
    For once, Jigglypuff shifted its wide eyes away from Paper Towel and over to something else, namely the device that had been strapped to it.
    Jigglypuff’s attention was quickly snatched up again by Paper Towel and its soft, cylinder shape.
    It was then as it held its stubby arms together that it realized Paper Towel was missing! They must have gotten separated during the trip, and as Jigglypuff frantically went looking under every bush it could find, tears welt up in its eyes. What ever could it do without Paper Towel?
    And then, once Socrates was brought into the picture, his appreciation for the company of Jigglypuff and its absorbent companion was nicely portrayed:

“Would you like to be friends, small, pink one?” the man asked, “My name’s Socrates. What’s yours?”

Jigglypuff grumbled back, “Jigglypuff.”

“I’ve never heard that name before – but it seems to pack some spunk...kind of like you do,” Socrates said to the pink creature.
    Jigglypuff sure lightened the mood, and although the creature didn’t speak his language, their communication was impeccable, somehow. There was something about it that gave him joy. It listened to everything he had to say and seemed to understand his views on the gods and those that had thrown him in that jail. But most importantly, it seemed to be more than a companion...one of spiritual connection...
    Jigglypuff didn’t say a word – it only handed Paper Towel to him. Socrates took the roll, hesitated, and then but it under his head. He felt bad, but they both knew, somehow, that Paper Towel would find a new purpose that way.
    And recognizing its own purpose in life (besides making more Jigglypuff like it had been told by Truman), Jigglypuff began to sing. The melody echoed throughout the cavernous corridors and Socrates looked at the creature with awe and astonishment.

“Why, what a talent you have!” Socrates said sleepily, “It’s like a lullaby from the heavens.”
    These are the little miscellaneous moments and lines that I found to be especially funny:

He had raised his hands and made the quotation signs, as any nerd would to try and be funny.
    And what would Paper Towel do exposed to a world that was probably so full of waste for it to become a slave to?
    They wore long, white robes and golden rope as belts. Okay, so it wasn’t too far off from what some of the scientists wore on those few select nights, but still – these people were out in broad daylight!
    Low and behold it was Paper Towel lying ever so elegantly in the shade of a bush Jigglypuff had not checked yet.
    “Why, it’s even more astonishing than that roll of soft paper!”
    And finally, a moment that, though bizarre as all hell, was nonetheless actually rather beautiful:

Socrates said to it in a cracking tone, “Sing for me, Jigglypuff…one last time…that…that summer’s song…that lullaby…”
    I must say, you’ve done Djboutishipping justice and then some. This was funny, sweet, bizarre, and even poignant there at the end. (Well, being a story about Socrates, an element of tragedy is to be expected due to its historical accuracy—yes, a super-bizarre story that contains elements of actual historical accuracy! God, that only made it all the better. XDDDD) All in all, just a fecking enjoyable read. Great job! *salutes*
    Last edited by Sike Saner; 11th October 2006 at 7:25 AM. Reason: I can't type. ;-;
    DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK
    (Or do. I don't actually mind.)
    The Origin of Storms | Communication

LOL @ Sweet May and Shuusomeness. I figured some people would go into this, knowing me, seriously. XD Thank you for commenting, you two, really. ^.^
    And Sike Saner, I applaud your review. I loved it. XD! Those bits of funny senteces you quoted are ones that make me laugh too. I tried my best to bring in the humor I'm sure PsiUmbreon intended for this ship while also dragging in my tradgic way of writing. It actually worked out well, as you three stated, but I'm afraid it shan't happen again. D:
    And yeah, about the historical accuracy, I kinda...did some research on Socrates, since, as I was writing, found I didn't know much. ^^; Well, Social Studies is one of my good subjects, so I enjoyed it all the same.
    Thank you guys for commenting!!! It's really appreciated. <3

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Is on Fanfiction.net.

Meh, s'time to post what i thought, even though I already told you on IM.

First of all, I'm surprised that you followed through on this. Not only that, but I'm surprised that there even COULD be a coherent story for a shipping between a Pokémon, a historical figure, and an inanimate object.

That said, I would like to talk about the actual story itself. More like shower it with praise. The story exceeded my wildest expectations. How you could actually make it a coherent story leaves me in awe. The story had humor, like what you'd expect with Jigglypuff x paper towel x Socrates, but it also was serious, and even a little tragic. It works on so many levels. It was just... great. I was choked with laughter the whole time I was reading it and like for 10 minutes after.

OMT I just realized something. This would be my first post in the Shipping Fics forum EVER.
    Gone.

http://psiumbreon.livejournal.com/82372.html

=O! Psi, you post! And congrats on this being your first time here. lolz
    I'm glad you're happy with the results. Thanks to your ship, however, I shall giggle under my breath everytime I have to replace the paper towels in the kitchen of any house. XD
    Oh, and just to let you know, I've also uploaded this story to deviantART today, in which it's already gotten a fav! w00t

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Is on Fanfiction.net.

Quote Originally Posted by PsiUmbreon View Post
    OMT I just realized something. This would be my first post in the Shipping Fics forum EVER.
    ROFL. So true!

Anyway, for my review.. I start off with some minor [spelling] mistakes I noted...
    As it neared, it found the light was blocked off my bars, like a teaser.
    It should be 'blocked off by bars', shouldn't it? o.o;
    “Yes…I guess they think we should all belief in the gods,” Socrates said
    Believe @ belief?
    He spent a few of his last hours with is friends, all but Plato, where they offered a sure escape for the last time.
    with his friends, not is?

But, this fic was just crazily funny and awesome. Also a bit sad at the end. ;_; You made this crack into something so... awe-ing. Wtf. I can't think of the appropriate word to describe it. But it owned, period.

YAYYY! But Socrates.. ;_; that made me a sad!Eefi.
    [IMG]http://i36.*******.com/1629qpx.jpg[/IMG]

Fixed those problems, Eefi. And thank you lots for reviewing! ^^

Oh, and I've uploaded this story to DevART...it's gotten 2 faves! =O! w00t!

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Is on Fanfiction.net.

One grammar mistake I found:

Quote Originally Posted by Encyclopika View Post
    Socrates took the roll, hesitated, and then but it under his head.
    "but" should be "put"
    and I'm not sure, but should it be "on his head" instead of "under his head"?

anyways, that story was just pure hilarious. the paper towel thing was cute. the ending was also a great sad ending. Although this shipping is like... what the heck?... i like this story. lol.

another great story by Encyclopika!

click on my banner to go to my CS fic! (no flames!)

Quote Originally Posted by Genkiness
    "but" should be "put"
    and I'm not sure, but should it be "on his head" instead of "under his head"?
    First thing fixed.
    Second, not. It's "under his head" since Paper Towel roll is acting as a pillow. 0o ...I'm not gonna ask...

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Is on Fanfiction.net.

I'm no good with the reviews and..first comment in fic's section but like I said on DA, I LOVE THIS! it's so random and..well SHOULDN'T be sweet but it really is... I love your writing style, the great amount of description that doesn't slow the fic down, the way you slot humour into any availability whilst making it remain a serious (well as serious as jiggly/papertowe/socrates can get...) story, just plentiful amounts of love for this ^^.
    Oh and didn't realise you were a mod, XD ^^'.
    Again, awesome job.

Banner credit: Jakotsu.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN
    Profesco says:
    You were an admirable baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by L0L View Post
    They named a game after me?

PAPERTOWEL JIGGLY SHIPPING!

SOCRATES JIGGLY SHIPPING!

Argh. This is so...so utterly confusing.

Concept: ...WTF.

Storyline: Awww....

Description: Yayz0r!

I don't know what to say...But I did enjoy the ride while it lasted! ^_^

It pays to read people's siggehs...

Pika out.
    FTMP is officially dead. Those who are still interested in reading click
    here.
    Last Update: Chapter 17: Date: 6-2-2006(MM-DD-YYYY)

"I have returned from the depths of hell to do battle with you." ~ Godot

I had no idea what this was at first. I started laughing even reading the introduction.

“PUFF!” it shrieked.

“Be still,” the man said, “I mean no harm…and look. Your paper is just fine.”

Jigglypuff turned away from the man, furious.

]
    Lol. Every part in this was funny, I just found this part strangely amusing. Aha. I laugh at almost everything.

somehow, that Paper Towel would find a new purpose that way
    Personification of Paper Towel is Hilarious.

I have a duty to respect the due process of the Law in the city that had nurtured me.”
    Jargon! So much like Socrates.

Your #something fan,
    Djboutishipper D:
    My tumblr or something: x

Thank you for the reviews, guys! ^^ I'm glad you laughed throughout it, Hinata, that was it's main purpose in life. =3
    And special thx to Darkfall for commenting here and on DevART. <3 ^^
    And Felix has proven to me sig ads work! Power to the sigs! ;;!

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Is on Fanfiction.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Encyclopika View Post
    Thank you for the reviews, guys! ^^ I'm glad you laughed throughout it, Hinata, that was it's main purpose in life. =3
    And special thx to Darkfall for commenting here and on DevART. <3 ^^
    And Felix has proven to me sig ads work! Power to the sigs! ;;!
    *Gets special credit* YEEEEEEEEEY *dances* what? It's the little thingsin life that keep ya happy ^^ DON'T JUDGE MEEEE ;.; *runs away*.

Banner credit: Jakotsu.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN
    Profesco says:
    You were an admirable baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by L0L View Post
    They named a game after me?

wow...that was really random. I can't belive you got a ship between a imaginary creature, a historic figure, and an inanimate object to sound so nice. It was comedic and quite cute. Long live the paper towel roll! ^^;