Thread: What's in a name? Shippings you'd personally rename.

Default What's in a name? Shippings you'd personally rename.

I saw a thread like this on Bulbagarden's shipping forum and thought it would be a fun topic!

As shippers, I'm sure we all have at least one Pokemon ship name you wish could've been named differently from what is now 'official' on the Pokemon Shipping List found here. Whether you support the ship or not, or you personally think 'so-and-so' sounds like a better name for <insert ship here>, what you like to see renamed and why?

RULES
    1. All general SPPF rules apply as well as the shipping forum's personal rules.
    2. This thread is not meant to collect replacement ship names or pressure the Shipping List Keeper to change names for what is now considered the 'official' ship name. It is meant for fun!
    3. Respect each other's opinions. You may like the ship name for <insert ship>, but that doesn't mean someone else will. It happens (and when it comes to ship names, I'm going to guess it happens a lot). Some jokes may be thrown around, but again, I made this thread with the thought that it would be for fun.
    4. Try to explain/expand your answer for why you'd like to rename <insert ship> or why you'd rename the ship to 'so-and-so'.
    5. No bashing on any ships or people's shipping preferences! That includes 'renaming' a ship name to something derogatory or insulting just because you don't like the ship itself.

----------

Personally, I would rename LoliShotaShipping (Steven Stone/Cynthia). I know some people ship Steven and Cynthia with their respective game protagonists, so the ship name's a bit of an 'inside joke'. Still, I prefer the alternate name, DarkSteelShipping, over LoliShotaShipping for all my Steven/Cynthia shipping tendencies. :P

Other ship names I'd rename would be the ones formatted like Manga____Shipping. It just seems unoriginal to me because you're basically slapping 'manga' to the alternate canon equivalent ship name. We can be a little more creative than that I'm sure...

FuwaFuwaShipping (game!Blue/Arcanine). I actually like the ship name because it's adorable ('fuwa fuwa' is a Japanese onomatopoeia for 'fluffy'), but it's a little OOC for someone like Blue. xD

IkariShipping (Paul/Dawn) because the 'Ikari' part threw me for a loop before I found out the meaning behind it relating to Neon Genesis Evangelion. I used to think 'Ikari' came from Dawn's Japanese name without the 'H'. lol Though it's not a bad name (creative actually), it's just confusing.

KatyPerryShipping (Malva/Pyroar) simply because I normally don't like inserting pop culture references in a ship name (though I probably know why this is named for what it is). I don't ship Malva/Pyroar hardcore (I just like the platonic feels of it) so I won't be throwing the ship name around everywhere I go, but the ship name really could've been better.

I probably have more, but at the moment, these were at the top of my head.

Now, have it at, fellow shippers!
    Last edited by MonMonCandie; 13th November 2014 at 3:28 AM. Reason: Got my ship names mixed up lol

Image by なべのふた
    This is all I need to feel safe and warm
    When we're together, that's all that matters

I really dislike LazyPervertshipping for Spenser x Solana. It's one of my favorite ships, and I have a sense of humor, but the name just doesn't fit them at all. Spenser's lazy because... I guess Solana did some of the missions for him? It's been ages since I played Ranger, but I recall Spenser doing a few missions and even putting his life on the line once.

After catching it on Fanfiction.Net, I just remembered WikiErrorShipping (Lance/Cynthia). I understand where the name came from, but it would be nice if it had an alternate name too. 'WikiError' just seems silly. :P Don't worry, I know where it comes from.

Image by なべのふた
    This is all I need to feel safe and warm
    When we're together, that's all that matters