Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Make Your Move [Contestshipping] [PG-13]

Default Make Your Move [Contestshipping] [PG-13] [Chapter 22 FINALLY Up!!]

Here’s a little bit of background info on my story. While my story is set about 4 years after the actual Pokemon series (Ash is 16 in this story), I’m trying to follow the story as much as I can as there are a lot of past events involved. If something doesn’t follow the story completely, I’m sorry, this is based on the Pokemon episodes that I’ve seen (Which is MOST of them involving May and Drew). So if something doesn’t tag along completely then I just want to let you know that I’ve tried my best to have it do that. Some of the characters have new Pokemon that they never had in the anime and some of their Pokemon have evolved, but remember that this is set in the future. This is a romance story, but it’s not over dramatic, although it’s got a little soap-opera feel to it. Don’t worry though, there will be humor in it… I can’t right angst properly. Mostly people end up laughing when I try, which is far from the effect that I wanted.

Chapter Index

Prologue: Where are we now
    Chapter 1: Sweet Sixteen
    Chapter 2: Celebrations
    Chapter 3: Talk About Love
    Chapter 4: The Travels Begin
    Chapter 5: Conflict On Arrival
    Chapter 6: Tragic Pasts
    Chapter 7: Making Bonds
    Chapter 8: The Simple Life
    Chapter 9: Reunions, Reunions
    Chapter 10: Sibling Rivalry
    Chapter 11: Promises
    Chapter 12: Tragedy Strikes
    Chapter 13: Possibility
    Chapter 14: Questions & Answers
    Chapter 15: Mum's Arrival
    Chapter 16: The Contest Final
    Chapter 17: 'Tis Part Of Growing Up
    Chapter 18: Max's Departure
    Chapter 19: Learning To Walk
    Chapter 20: Birthday Emotions
    Chapter 21: Appointment Number One
    Chapter 22: Guess Who's Back!
    Chapter 23: Truth Revealed!

Spoiler:- PM List:

Now for the warnings: I’d rate this story about Teen. Perhaps a little swearing will be involved, and of course there is romance, but nothing TOO romantic. I don’t think there will be actual violence either. This isn’t exactly a warning, but this is a Contest Shipping (Drew x May) fic, with implied Cookie Shipping (Harley x May). There aren’t really any other pairings that are actually important to the plot, but there are other characters that fall in love. I won’t tell you them now, because I don’t want to spoil the entire story. Well, enough with the warnings and other such things, let the story begin.

Make Your Move

Prologue: Where are we now?

When you’re out traveling with someone who’s dream is to become a Pokemon master,
    you never really seem to stay in one place. You’re always on the move, from city to city encountering all sorts of crazy environments. While there is a distance between the towns, you never really get bored, as something is always happening. Due to the lack of boredom throughout your quest, your question isn’t “Are we there yet?” There never really is any point asking this question, as even the roads in between the cities are eventful. Instead your question always ends up being “Where are we now?”

Since I set off with Ash a few years back, my life has never really been the same. I’ve got a bunch of Pokemon now. Most of them were caught, coincidently, on the roads between the cities. I’ve also got a lot of friends now, and enemies. I didn’t really know, when I met up with Ash, that he had a lot of them. Enemies and rivals. As the old saying goes, nothing is fair in love and war. So now I’ve got a bunch of Ash’s enemies as my own. I’ve even got a few enemies who have nothing to do with Ash. Well, I did, anyway. I haven’t seen them for a while. Since I returned home from Kanto, I stayed with my family and helped around the gym. While you don’t travel much as a gym leader, you still have a lot of work to do. It’s still a time consuming job.

That brings me back to the question I tend to ask so much, “Where are we now?”. Well this is one of the instances where I actually know where I am. I’m in pallet town. I’ve been here before, but this time it’s for a special reason. Tomorrow is Ash’s 16th birthday. Surprising eh? How time flies. Ash was barely 12 when I met him, and now he’s going to be 16. I’ve been in Pallet for a week now, talking to Ash about what we’re going to do. I’ve been getting bored with helping my family around the gym. I mean, it’s fascinating, seeing how people manage to tackle my dad and his Pokemon, but still, after you’ve spent a year or so on the move, never really sleeping in a hotel and always doing something extreme, civilized life in your home seems a bit low in standard. Ash feels the same way and so does Brock. The three of us will be setting out to the Johto region in a few days time. Ash and Brock have both been there in the past, but I haven’t. The two of them just want to go back and have a look at how much the area’s changed but I want to go there for another reason: Pokemon contests had finally started in Johto, and I would love to enter them there.

Of course, we aren’t leaving until the celebrations are over. 16 is a rather big number in a person’s life, well, in Ash’s life anyway. He’s gone and invited just about every single person he’s ever met in his travels. That’s another thing about traveling, you get to meet lots of people. While this is usually a good thing, I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be hectic. Ash decided to hold the party at his house, and guess what else he’s planning to hold there? A Pokemon tournament. I sort of expected this though, throughout the years, Ash hasn’t changed much.

The digital clock next to me ticked 11:00PM. I snorted. Ash would probably be thinking “Only one more hour until I get old enough to do certain things,”. That’s what he had spent the last few days talking about. I wonder he still awake, probably not. He usually gets to bed easily, no matter what challenges the next day is supposed to hold. I’m different though, I can never get to sleep, no matter how much I actually want to. Tonight is no different. I’ve been lying in bed for an hour now, and no luck.

With a sigh of no use, I got out of bed and moved towards the desk. Ash had a nice house, and I liked this guest room. It was pretty cosy. I sat down at the desk and pulled my scrapbook towards me. I turned to a page somewhere in the middle of it. I started this scrapbook when I returned home after my time with Ash. I piled up all the photos I had taken and stuck them in, in order too. I gazed at the only picture on this page, a large Au Natural photo that I had taken of Max, my brother. I wasn’t that good at photography, it’s just that this photo of Max with Jirachi was just so perfect that I had enlarged it. I haven’t seen Max for a while though. As soon as he turned ten about four years ago, he had left home and set of on his own Pokemon adventure by himself. I haven’t seen him since. He’s not even coming for the party tomorrow. We invited him but he was too far off to come, in Mirage Island. I sighed and turned the page and laid my eyes on a picture of me and my dad. It would be a long time until I see him again too. Smiling to myself, I turned another page of my book and rested my eyes on the next picture. This one made me sit bolt upright. I hadn’t seen this person for a long time either, but unlike Max and my dad, this person was coming to the party tomorrow. This made me dread and want tomorrow even more than I already did. Who was this person? It was Harley.

__________________________________________________ _

This is NOT a MayXHarley based fic. It is implied at the start, but don't worry, she won't end up with mushroom head. Sorry about the short prologue, the next chapter will be pretty long guys!

Please comment, I want to know if it's good or not!
    Last edited by Mello; 31st May 2007 at 12:33 PM.
    #spp chat staff; drews_girl kintana tenten mello akemi karin && pm chat complaints please.
    fantastic pair \\ epic twin
    i do the #spp nightshift. [x] couldn't do it alone [x] thanks guys <3 [/CENTER]

Banner > 46800 pixels so it was ~removed~! Read the signature rules.

And now I post Chapter 1. No reviews but ah well, I am not discouraged. I shall keep writing till the end, no matter how many reviews I recieve, whether it be 1, 100 or even none!

Chapter 1: Sweet Sixteen.

I opened my eyes. It was morning. The clock read 8:30AM, and the sound of talking people was coming from downstairs. I tried to sit up, only to find that my face was stuck to paper. I had fallen asleep at the desk. My scrapbook was still open at the picture of Harley. This was what I had been looking at when I had fallen asleep. Harley. I don’t know why I’m more excited to see him than anyone else… or do I? No, I don’t actually… or maybe I do. This was what I was thinking of when I had fallen asleep, or at least I suppose it was, seeing as I can’t remember anything after it… or can I, did I have dreams of Harley? No, I didn’t.

Every time I think of Harley, I start battling with my head for some reason. It’s like there’s something in there that I don’t want to think about… or do I? See, there I go again. There is nothing special about Harley. There isn’t.

I repeated this to myself several times, only to find that the voice inside my head got louder, and louder. It was like a Pokemon using bide. The more damage you inflict on it, the more damage you’re going to receive.

I slammed my scrapbook shut. I don’t want to look at Harley anymore. It’s just going to confuse me. My eyes fell instead on the cutely wrapped present lying next to my scrapbook. I stood up. In all of this Harley confusion, I had almost forgotten about it being Ash’s birthday. I smirked and stood up, how could I forget about this. Ash was my best friend, and even if there was something special about Harley, he would never be a greater friend than Ash. Come to think of it, Harley had never been my friend. We were always on separate sides of the contest, so once again I was stumped with why something inside of me thought that Harley was special in some twisted way.

Walking over towards the door, I picked up the present and descended down the stairs. The guests wouldn’t be arriving until around midday, which was rather early for a dinner party but as Ash wanted this to be a big party, he had gotten his wish time wise.

“Happy Birthday Ash!” I said as I reached the bottom step and looked at my friend. He was sitting at the dining table which was laden with various gifts and a whole lot of wrapping paper. The only people in the room other than him were Ash’s mum, Tracey, Misty and Brock. I walked over to them all and handed Ash the gift.

“Thanks!” said Ash, through a mouth full of cake. It wasn’t even party time yet, but Ash had ordered about ten cakes, all featuring different Pokemon which he owned. He was now eating the first one, which shaped just like Charizard, “This is the best birthday ever!” he added, tearing at the wrapping paper in a way that had Mrs. Ketchum frown at him. The present contained another scrapbook. I made it myself, using photos which I had collected, highlighting all 16 years of his life. Towards the end were a lot of pictures featuring the both of us. Ash was now looking at the scrapbook with a slight look of confusion. His smile wasn’t as large as it had been when he had torn open the wrapping. He did know that I was rather obsessed with scrapbooking, but I suppose he was a little confused at why I would go and make one for him.

“Like it?” I said, hoping that he did. Ash was now flicking through the pages of the book looking at the pictures, still wearing that puzzled look.

“Yeah, it’s nice,” said Ash a little off-handedly, still flicking through the book. As I began to smile at him, Misty suddenly snatched the book from him.

“Hey!” shouted Ash, looking at her. Misty’s features looked rather triumphant.

“I knew there was something going on between the two of you,” she said with a smirk. She pulled a photo out of the scrapbook and turned it towards us. It was a photo of me and Ash standing rather close to each other, both making rather flirty poses. All this was just for the sake of the photo though, nothing was really going between me and Ash.

“There is nothing going on between us!” I said, only to find that Ash had said the exact same thing at the same time. This didn’t help.

“Yes there is! You guys even know what each other are going to say!” she said, in a mock flirty voice. Brock and Tracey had suddenly become interested in Ash’s presents, and Mrs. Ketchum muttered something about needing to clean the house for the party and left the room, leaving it full of tension. I groaned. Misty wouldn’t know. She wasn’t there on my journey with Ash. Something about finding out about the love life of others fascinated her.

“No there isn’t!” repeated Ash, standing up, his temper rising. Misty flushed.

“Okay, okay…” she said slowly, “Chill out birthday boy,”.

The rest of the party-free hours passed without incident, and when the doorbell rang for the first time, at quarter past twelve, I felt tension rise inside me. I was fearing the arrival of Harley for some reason, and now I had a fair idea of what that reason was. I liked Harley, that’s what my heart had been telling me all day. It wasn’t my head which was trying to deliver the message, it was my heart. It had been a while since I had seen Harley though. Maybe he had forgotten me, he didn’t keep a scrapbook like I did. Wait a second, he did. I remember how he had that one with my picture in it. He didn’t put my picture in there to remember me though. It was more so that he would remember how I looked, so that he could get revenge on me for, um, not saying his cookies were great and that his Pokemon were scary. He was a weird guy. I’m not exactly sure why I like him, but I know why I don’t like him all the same. It’s not the fact that he gets easily offended, it’s more the fact that he was so girly. The way he walked and constantly groomed himself always got on my nerves. I just wish he would change.
    When the doorbell rang, I wanted to shut myself up in my room, but I wanted to go and find out who it was. Curiosity getting the better of me, I walked down the stairs to find it was only Ritchie, one of Ash’s old but close friends who I didn’t really know well. All the same I said hi, and went back upstairs, relief coming over me.

Every time the bell rang that day, I went through the same process: Fear, Curiosity, Relief. By 6 PM, Harley still hadn’t showed up, and a thought poured over me; maybe he wasn’t coming at all. I wanted to see him though… wait? Did I. If I did then I wouldn’t keep shutting myself up here. Why on earth was I still confused about this? Why couldn't my mind and my heart agree on something.

Again the bell rang, and I went downstairs like usual and saw to my horror that someone I knew was standing on the thereshold. This was a person I hadn’t seen for a long time, someone who didn’t really like me because of a stupid reason, and had probably forgotten me. It wasn’t Harley though, It was Drew.
    #spp chat staff; drews_girl kintana tenten mello akemi karin && pm chat complaints please.

Well written!!

“I knew there was something going on between the two of you,” she said with a smirk. She pulled a photo out of the scrapbook and turned it towards us. It was a photo of me and Ash standing rather close to each other, both making rather flirty poses. All this was just for the sake of the photo though, nothing was really going between me and Ash.

“There is nothing going on between us!” I said, only to find that Ash had said the exact same thing at the same time. This didn’t help.
    I <3 this part, it's true about the relationship between May and Ash is not more than just a bestfriend and mentor.

May never got jeaolous when Anabel flirted with Ash.

Write more until she meets Drew!!! Pleasee *puppy's eyes*

You may not update so soon, Growlie! - only one chap per day. If you dod it again, this thread will be closed. I'll give you one more chance.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Okay. Sorry about that. I didn't know... won't happen again .

I guess this fic is going to be May x Drew, Ash or May x Drew and Ash x Misty.

Sorry that the update is taking a while. I've been busy and all. It'll be here soon.

I don't have a PM list yet, but I'll make one soon. It'll become official when I post the next chapter which should be tomorrow .

This is very interesting so far. Oooh, is it teh Cookieshipping? (I like teh Cookieshipping.) ANYYYYWAYYYZ. . . Can I be added to the unofficial PM listeh??? Thankies.

This one made me sit bolt upright. I hadn’t seen this person for a long time either, but unlike Max and my dad, this person was coming to the party tomorrow. This made me dread and want tomorrow even more than I already did. Who was this person? It was Harley.
    I <3 this part. But not as much as I <3 this part:

Very cute. <3

~MK

I'm so sorry about the two week delay in the updates. Last week I said that I'd update the next day, and I didn't update for another whole week! I'm sorry. I've got school and stuff. Anyway... I'm putting the PM list up now :P.

It'll be in the first post. I hope you enjoy this chapter .

Chapter 2: Celebrations

“Drew!” I said loudly, before I could restrain myself. What on earth was he doing here? Ash didn’t particularly like him… but then again, Ash was inviting just about every single person he knew, whether he liked them or not. I half wanted to go back to my room, I didn’t want to talk to Drew. Not for the same reason I didn’t want to talk to Harley though. I just didn’t want Drew to humiliate me, like usual. The thing was, my shout had caused Drew to notice me. He looked up in surprise.

“Oh, it’s you,” he said, giving me a smirk, “Long time no see, May,”. I sighed, damn, he’s seen me.

“Yes, it’s been a while,” I muttered looking down at him awkwardly. I wished that I had kept my mouth firmly shut.

“Well, can you tell me where birthday boy is May?” said Drew, ignoring my awkwardness.

“He’s um… in the next room,” I said, still not looking at him. I just hoped that he’d go and give Ash his present, and forget all about me.

“Actually,” came another voice, “I’m right here,”.

I looked around, Ash was standing in the doorway. Drew turned and grinned at him,

“Hey Ash, Happy Birthday,” he said as he handed Ash the gift. While Ash opened his mouth to thank him, I decided to go back upstairs, and stay there. I had only taken one step however, when Drew called after me.

“Hey wait May! We have a lot of catching up to do!” he shouted. I froze. By “We’ve got a lot of catching up to do,” Drew probably meant, “I’ve got a lot of humiliating to do,”. I just wanted to run all the way upstairs, but then again, if I did, Ash would probably think me rude. I turned around and went back downstairs, sighing deeply.

“I’ll catch up with ya later Drew,” said Ash, patting Drew on the shoulder and going back into kitchen.

“What’s up,” I said heavily to Drew. The less time I spent with him the better.
    “What’s Up?” said Drew, smirking, “I thought you’d challenge me to a battle or something, knowing you!”

I groaned. Something made me think that Drew actually wanted me to challenge him to a battle, only I had no intention to do that. I didn’t want anyone to know that I was talking to Drew.

“Well, this a party… there’ s no point battling right now, this place is so crowded,” I said, coming up with this excuse on the spot. Drew nodded,

“Right. Well, If I can guess correctly, you’re scared of losing,” he said, still smirking. I fired up,

“No, I’m not… now let’s talk about something else, or not talk at all,” I said in a feisty tone, “Now that I think about it, why are you talking to me anyway?”

“Because you’re really the only person here that I actually know,” said Drew, his smirk had reached a point that made him look rather mad.

“I’m honored,” I said sarcastically. How long would it be before Drew got bored of talking to me? I stood silently.

“Now tell me,” Drew continued, as though I hadn’t said anything, “How’s your brother? I’ve heard he’s on-”

“Mirage Island,” I said quickly. I didn’t want to talk about that place with anyone, especially Drew. I had once helped save his life there, and now I pretty much regret it. I prayed that Drew would change the subject, but he didn’t need to – at that moment the doorbell rang again, and someone opened it to reveal the person who I was fearing, standing in the doorway – Harley.

Harley was dressed normally today, in his stupid girly costume. He noticed Drew before he saw me and nodded and then he turned to face me and smiled,

“Hey May!” he said, walking towards me in the supermodel way. I smiled weakly back. This was what I hated about Harley. The fact that he was so girly and wouldn’t do anything more manly. If he would change, then I felt that it would have a been a lot easier to talk to him. I wanted to run away, but he had already seen me.

“Hi Harley,” I said slowly. Why did curiosity have to exist? I wish I had never come down here to talk to Drew, let alone Harley. Yet, I had fallen into a sort of pit fall, and once I did that… there was no way out. I sighed for what seemed like the millionth time that night, and closed my eyes, awaiting Harley’s reply.

“Well, do you know where Ash is?” Harley continued, sounding slightly impatient. He began to pick his fingernails with one hand, and he put the other to his hip as he waited for me to tell him. I mentally added this to my list of reasons why Harley was too girly for me. Instead of questioning me any further however, Harley just nodded and left the room.

I felt annoyed now. Although I hadn’t wanted to speak to him, I was mad at how he didn’t want to speak to me. Oh, here I go again. This rubbish… why did it have to happen? Now I felt somewhat sick, on top of everything else. Harley had probably forgotten about me.

“Well May,” Drew continued, ignoring Harley’s interruption. “How’s your brother going on his journey?”

I felt really sick now. I didn’t know why. Okay, Harley had pretty much ignored me, but I didn’t even want to talk to him. I couldn’t really concentrate on what Drew had just said to me either. It just slipped through my mind for some reason which I did not know.

Another thing I did not know was the root of the problem, Harley had walked passed me to give Ash his birthday present. Big deal, it was Ash’s birthday after all. Not to mention that Harley wouldn’t have said much too me anyway, seeing as we were generally rivals. Yet Drew was a greater rival than Harley and at least he had chosen to talk to me.

My stomach was now bubbling with some sort of random anxiety. Drew was watching me and awaiting my answer to his question, which register in my head. I sighed and shut my mouth. Drew was still looking at me, he narrowed his eyes slightly and looked at me suspiciously. I shrugged, hoping this was a satisfactory answer to his question.

“I’m heading out to Johto after this,” he continued, not taking in any extra suspicion, “I was a bit upset when they cancelled all of the Johto contests a few years back, I was pretty excited to go. I returned home after, and I’ve trained,” he added proudly.

I groaned. So Drew was going to enter Johto contests too. Great. Just what I needed. HIS competition. I was feeling a bit annoyed now, for no real reason. I moved towards the front door.

“Just for the record,” I said irritably, “I’ve gotten stronger too,” I paused before walking out the door, “Now if you don’t mind, I don’t really want to talk to you right now,” And with that I walked outside and shut the door behind me, not exactly sure why.

Well lucky you! I didn't seem to see any spelling mistakes, but no one's perfect. -reads through again suspiciously- xD

“I’m honored,” I said sarcastically.
    I found that part quite funny for some reason. x3
    Read my Current fanfiction-Travelin' Across the Continent(Contestshipping, a bit of Pokeshipping)Rated PG-13(Rating has risen)
    Raine's PokePet

Nokio the level 52 Lucario!
    Made by Me:

Quote Originally Posted by Growlie! View Post
    I wonder he still awake, probably not.
    This is in chapter one. It should be "I wonder if he's still awake. Probably not."

Other than that, it was good.

The story itself is really well-written. There's a lot of descriptions, and a lot of relationships being shown.

Hurray! Drew finally makes his appearance.

Poor Drew. May's being so rude to him. Although I can't really blame her.

The memory of Mirage Island is really great.

I really like this story, so please put me on the PM List!

click on my banner to go to my CS fic! (no flames!)

Well here's chapter 3 guys. I'm adding the new names to the PM list right now :P.

__________________________________________________ __________
    Confessions

I stood on the front porch, watching the road ahead. I had my elbow on the fence and my head rested on my hand. The sound of celebration could be heard behind me. It had been a long time since I had walked out on Drew and come out here. I had gone inside to have dinner, and then just come back to this place where I felt calmer. The Pokemon tournament that Ash was hosting was going on inside the house, and I had changed my mind about participating. I usually socialized at parties, but today there was no point. Ash had met most of the people at the party before he had met me, while he was touring Kanto and Johto, that’s why I didn’t know any of them. Come to think of it, the only people that I did really know were Harley and Drew. I didn’t really want to talk to either of them. Well, I did want to talk to Harley but my body didn’t.

“There you are May!” came Ash’s voice. I turned around and saw him walking towards me.

“Oh, hi Ash,” I said, turning back to face the road, smiling slightly. I felt comfortable talking to Ash. No, there’s nothing going on between us like Misty always says… it’s just that we’re good friends.

“Why didn’t you participate the tournament?” said Ash, coming closer to me.

“Because I don’t really know anyone, and I didn’t really feel like introductions much. You would have beaten me anyway,” I said, shrugging.

“No!” said Ash, looking shocked, “I didn’t win. Drew did… he’s gotten stronger! He’s got all of these new flashy Pokemon. He just swept the floor with me,”

I groaned. So Drew had won the Pokemon tournament. That would add another point to the arrogance list.

“What’s up May?” said Ash, hearing my groan, “Why did you just make that noise? Why don’t you feel like socializing today? I know you! You’re usually bubbly and really friendly to everyone,”

“It’s nothing Ash,” I said impatiently. It’s annoying when people question you about your feelings. Ash looked me in the face,

“I’ve been watching you today,” he said slowly, “And it looks like you’re avoiding someone. You wouldn’t come out of your room and you didn’t participate in the tournament when I know you’d never say no to a challenge! Tell me, what’s going on?”

I sighed, Ash was a great friend and he was the type of person who would never give up when it came to something like this.

“Listen Ash,” I said, “If I tell you, you’ll laugh, or mock me.”

“What makes you think that I’ll do that?” said Ash with a hint of outrage, “You can tell me anything. Come on, who’re you avoiding?”

“Okay,” I said, giving in, “I don’t know exactly why, but I’m avoiding Harley,” I sighed again. Now Ash would ask the questions which I’ve already asked myself a thousand times, and still have no answers to. Ash didn’t say anything right away though, he seemed to be considering my words.

“You’re avoiding him because you like him, right?” he said, turning back to face the road.

“Yeah,” I said with a little nod. It was easy to admit things to Ash for some reason, “How did you know?”

“Because it always happens when you first fall in love, I felt like this when I first fell for Casey,”

Casey was Ash’s long-distance girlfriend. I didn’t know her very well, but I knew she lived in Johto and followed sports. She and Ash never saw each other but they were still going out, which didn’t really make sense to me. Ash was meeting up with her when we went to Johto as she couldn’t come to his birthday (Due to sporting commitments). I didn’t know how they were still together as they hadn’t seen each other for a while, but then again, love had many mysteries.

“Really?” I said, a little relieved that I wasn’t the only person that this happened to. “But at least you and Casey were friends even before the love started… it’s not the same with me and Harley. I mean, we used to be rivals but now I don’t think that he knows of my existence!”

I had always pictured myself asking Brock or Misty about this sort of thing, not Ash. He was a good friend, but I didn’t think that he was the right person when it came to love.

“Well,” said Ash thoughtfully, “Maybe you should talk to him. You don’t have to tell him how you feel yet - let that come naturally – but you should talk to him a bit and remind him that you exist,”

“But,” I said impatiently, trying to think of a way to express what my body thought without attracting too many questions, “But I can’t talk to him, I just… can’t,”

I knew I sounded stupid. I wished that I hadn’t even started this conversation with Ash. I wished I had kept my mouth firmly shut. I tried to back what I said up,

“I don’t even know why I like Harley, but I know why I can’t talk to him,” I said, looking this time at my own feet, “It’s because he’s too girly for me. I wish he was a bit more manly, then I know that I can go up and talk to him, but right now, I feel like the only thing I can say to him is to tell him to be more masculine, but I can’t go and say that because it’ll offend him and…”

“May!” said Ash, a little loudly, “I know what you’re saying, I felt the same way when I fell for Misty a few years back. May, this means that Harley’s not for you,”

I felt as though something had dropped into my body, something cold and heavy. Not for me? I was confused again. I thought that Ash’s talk would give me some idea of what this love was about but now it had confused me once more.

“What do you mean?” I said as my hair fell, guarding my face from Ash’s eyes. My voice sounded different too, it sounded a bit depressed.

“Listen,” said Ash timidly, putting his hand back on my shoulder, “No one changes just because you ask them too. The kindest will try, but will end up failing and turn out to pretend. You’ll just get fed up, and you’ll be bored with it. If you don’t like Harley for who he is, then maybe he’s not for you, okay,”

I nodded. Ash was making a bit of sense again. I was already fed up with how Harley was pretending to help me in contests. I knew it was fake. Maybe he wasn’t for me.

“Don’t get too upset about it, I mean, you can try if you want to, but I don’t know whether it’ll keep you happy. Harley’s already gone anyway,” said Ash, shrugging. He moved towards the door, “The party’s over, The last people are leaving. I better go and say goodbye,” he waved and left.

I made for my room after that. My head was still full of what Ash had said. Well, I’ve got to make a decision, I thought. I could either try and get Harley to change, but would he? Maybe it was best to leave Harley for a while.

I couldn’t sleep for a while, so after half an hour of trying I got up and opened my scrapbook, just like I had yesterday. I still had to stick in a few photos. While I was turning pages however, I fell once again on the page which had Harley’s picture on it. I wanted to turn the page, but something kept my hand from moving. I just stared at the picture, I hadn’t made up my mind yet: Was or wasn’t I going to give him up.

“He’s not going to change you know,” came a voice from behind me. I turned in an abrupt manner and saw that Drew was standing in my room, sitting on my bed.

“What the hell?” I began, looking at him in outrage. If I guessed right, either Ash told him everything or Drew was eavesdropping. Knowing Ash and Drew, I was pretty sure it was the latter.
    “I heard you talking to Ash earlier,” he said, a smirk playing on his face, “And I’ve just got to say that you know nothing of love,”

I seized a pencil sharpener from my desk and threw it at him. I knew that I didn’t know much of love, and Drew knew very well that he shouldn’t have been eavesdropping. The sharpener missed Drew who sat there looking nonplussed.

“I try and give you some advice and you throw things at me, what sort of gratitude is that?” he said, still smirking.

“You call that advice?” I said, standing up in anger, “I call it st-”

“Stating the obvious?” Drew finished for me, “Listen May, no guy in their right mind is going to change for anyone, least of all you, so you might as well give him up altogether.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked, glaring at him.

“Are you really that stupid?” said Drew, his smirk reaching a point that it was almost terrifying. I groaned

“I mean, what do you mean by least of all you?” I said, still glaring at him. Drew was probably just having a go at me, like usual but I had nothing better to say.

“I mean that you’re a hopeless romantic May,” said Drew, standing up and yawning. Only then did I realize that Drew was in his pajamas.

“What on earth are you still doing here? And why are you in your pajamas?” I asked, praying that the answer wasn’t what I thought it was.

“Well May, you are behind the times,” said Drew, walking up to the door and stepping out of the room, “Brock’s going back to his gym after this, some sort of catastrophe happened there involving his mum. I told Ash that I was going to Johto after the party, and he said that I could join you guys,”

“He WHAT?!?” I shouted in outrage.

“Yeah, well he did,” said Drew, shrugging, “And I said yes.”

I stalked over to the door and slammed it in his face. I fell onto my bed and groaned. Great. This was just what I needed to make my trip worse. Great.
    Last edited by Mello; 31st October 2006 at 5:14 AM.

gahahahahaha! excellent! thanks to ash, may now knows that harley aint the one for her! it shall be drew! gahahahahahaha!
    loved the eavesdropping part and how drew won the tournament.
    i have to go now, so great chapter, and i'm looking forward to the next

xD Hahahaaaa! Drew is joining them, awesome!! ^__^
    May and Harley? Ugh, I'm feeling sick.. Thanks God they won't get together. Oh, I can't wait for the Contestshipping moments! ^^ May x Drew rules!
    Update soon, please. I really like this story. :3
    Contestshipper & Pokeshipper
    Both banners over the size limits, please read the signature rules.

OMGs!!! This is so great! Damn the Cookieshipping though. *Gets mauled by Cookieshippers* AHHHHHHH!!! Anyway, I love this, can I be on the PM list?

Sorry I'm late. ^_^;;

I stalked walked over to the door and slammed it in his face.
    You might want to remove either 'stalked' or 'walked', otherwise, it doesn't make sense. O_o

That's the only mistake I found. *singsong voice* Drew's travelling with the Ganggggg! xD Well, I look forward to Chapter 4!
    Read my Current fanfiction-Travelin' Across the Continent(Contestshipping, a bit of Pokeshipping)Rated PG-13(Rating has risen)
    Raine's PokePet

Nokio the level 52 Lucario!
    Made by Me:

Quote Originally Posted by Raine-kou View Post
    Sorry I'm late. ^_^;;

You might want to remove either 'stalked' or 'walked', otherwise, it doesn't make sense. O_o

That's the only mistake I found. *singsong voice* Drew's travelling with the Ganggggg! xD Well, I look forward to Chapter 4!
    lol. I tend to that a lot... I shall change it.

If you asked to be on the PM list, I'm going to add you right now!

Also, don't worry guys: Ash/Drew should have made it clear that May and Harley ARE NOT an item. I just needed someone to fill the role of the person that May had a crush on, and Harley fit it perfectly.

The story is amazing its so nice and descriptive..looking forward to the next chap

Okay all. This chapter isn't all that interesting, but I had to put it in. I decided to upload it today, and as I've got a long four day weekend now, you'll probably get four more chapters in the next few days. This is pretty much the last chapter before the drama starts... and I'm not going to say anymore. Enjoy .

When I awoke the next morning, I felt sleepy. I didn’t want to wake up at that time but the sounds of moving could be heard outside my room. I checked the clock, it was 6:00AM. Yet it was a peaceful Sunday… what on earth were the others doing up at this time. I closed my eyes and tried to get back to sleep when Ash wrenched my door open.

“Wake up May!” he shouted, smiling at me.

“What?” I said through my state of tiredness. I opened my eyes and I found Ash fully dressed with his bag packed. “We aren’t leaving already… are we?” I exclaimed at him, sitting up straight.

“I wanted to leave yesterday,” said Ash, “but I also wanted to have a party… see, yesterday marks six years since I began my journey,” he added, smirking.

“What a milestone,” I said, falling back onto my bed and shutting my eyes.

“Wake Up!” called Ash again, “Drew’s already downstairs, but we can’t leave without you! Quick, pack your bag and get down there… we’re getting breakfast at the shop!”

“Why can’t we leave a bit later,” I said heavily. Ash was a hypocrite sometimes. He never woke up when you wanted him too.

“Because I’ve told Casey that we’d be in Goldenrod city by nightfall,” said Ash.

“What the hell Ash? That’s not possible! It takes forever to get to Johto,” I retorted. Ash was sometimes so determined to get something done that he would forget that it wasn’t even possible.

“That’s what I thought too, but last night Drew told me that there’s a short road to Saffron city we can take which will take about two hours to cross, and then we can catch the train from there to Goldenrod,” said Ash, “The ride should take another two hours and I think Casey’s going to be waiting for us at Goldenrod station. If we hurry, we might make it before lunch,”

“Can I ask you something Ash?” I said, doubting very highly that we would make it by lunchtime, “Why did you invite Drew along on our quest?”

“Well, I thought the two of you were getting on. I saw you talking yesterday,” he said, shrugging, “And he was really great in that Pokemon tournament yesterday. Apparently he was going to enter contests in Johto too, so I thought why not?”

“The thing is Ash,” I said, sitting up again, “We’re not getting on any better than we were,”

“Oh,” said Ash, sounding a little surprised, “Well, he’s a nice guy, and maybe you two will make friends on our little journey,”

“I’m sure we will,” I said with sarcasm. Ash didn’t notice it though,

“Good!” he said, “Now get up, I want to leave in half-an-hour at the latest,”

With that he strode from the room. I stretched and yawned… it was just so early in the morning. Wiping my eyes I walked into the bathroom and began to brush my teeth. I knew we were going to leave soon after the party, so I had brought my things already packed straight from home. It was pretty much all in my bag already.

I managed to pack most of my other things in fifteen minutes and when I descended down the stairs I found that Ash and Drew were already waiting for me.

“There you are May,” said Ash, “Let’s get going,” he gestured Drew and I towards the door and started to walk into the sunshine himself. Groaning tiredly, I followed.

We bought breakfast at an old Café before setting off towards the Viridian forest. We didn’t end up entering it though, because Drew said that there was a clearing right near the entrance which led towards the shortcut to Saffron city.

The shortcut didn’t turn out to be a metropolitan road. It was a path which had been dug in the middle of some sort of forest.

“How much longer is this walk going to be?” I asked Drew after two hours or so of entering the forest road. I needed to use a bathroom, something which I had forgotten to do when I had woken up.

“We’re nearly there May, and besides, I thought you’d enjoy the scenery,” said Drew, who was walking in line with Ash who was a fair few steps ahead of me. I had enjoyed the scenery, but it was pretty much repetitive. There were absolutely no Pokemon in the trees, because the government had removed them to “ensure the safety of people taking the road”. It was a very boring walk.

We kept on walking for another fifteen minutes, until we saw some light at the end of the road.

“We’re here!” Ash called back to me, and I sped up. He was right. I was looking over the beautiful Saffron city, the biggest city in all of Kanto, and the central city which connected Kanto with Johto.

Drew made us walk a bit more, until we arrived at a tall building: The railway station.
    “We’ve still got fifteen minutes before we have to board, so I suggest we all go and freshen up,” he said, pointing towards a toilet sign.

As I nodded and moved myself towards to the bathroom, I felt somewhat annoyed. Drew seemed to think that he was in charge, the way he was talking just made me feel like he did. He was talking like Ash usually did, and Ash had turned silent for some reason. Maybe the defeat he got from Drew had caused this. I really didn’t know what was going on.

I finished in the bathroom and I boarded the train. The ride wasn’t much more interesting than the walk earlier, but at least I could sit down. I was so tired that I couldn’t really do anything. I had my scrapbook in my bag, but I felt like would get a headache if I started writing. Ash had managed to doze off two minutes after the ride started and Drew was reading some book about training Pokemon, written by some Pokemon master. I turned my head to look out the window, and eventually everything just seemed to slip away….

“We’re nearly here, wake up guys,” came Drew’s voice. I woke up, but didn’t open my eyes… all memories of dreams were wiped from my mind and I could tell without having to open my eyes that the sun had set and night had fallen. I yawned and opened my eyes. Drew was standing up, and Ash, like me was just awakening.

“Is it dark already,” said Ash, through a yawn of his own, “I thought we weren’t going to take long… how long was the ride?”

“About nine hours really, I fell asleep a little while into it though,” said Drew, “I got up about an hour ago. Apparently Johto’s also in a different timezone to us, so we have a bit of adjusting to do,”

Drew was acting like he controlled us again. Something about how he seemed to know everything while Ash and I didn’t was annoying me. Maybe I was just being envious, or maybe Drew was just being annoying like usual.

“We’re here!” said Drew, a smile coming to his face as he looked out of the window. I turned my head and looked out too. There was the station. We had arrived at last.

1 grammar error spotted:

Quote Originally Posted by Growlie! View Post
    I had my scrapbook in my bag, but I felt like would get a headache if I started writing.
    It should be "but I felt like I would get a headache if I started writing"

anyways, although it didn't contain much shippyness in this chapter, it was very well-written and descriptive. loved how may was annoyed at drew. lol.

it was a great chapter for leading into the drama. lol. well, update when you can!

i wonder what the drama will be can't wait for the next chapter

I won't say anything now..... but my hint will be that the contestshipping starts in the next chapter (Which I'm half-way through typing now).

Also, does anyone know what May and Drew's last names are? I'll be needing them for later on. If they don't have cannon ones, does anyone know what most fanfic authors use?

Thanks guys . I won't be needing them for another two chapters though.

most people give May the last name "Maple". so I do, too. lol. (I dunno if it's her real name or not, but why not? lol)
    for Drew, well, just make up your own. I've seen so many last names for Drew.

Very nice^_^ That was so cute how Drew just kept annoyin' May^_^

Hmmm as for the their last names...I think May's last name is Maple I don't know about Drew though.

hi!! great fic you have here xD ... It's really exciting how those three are all in a journey,... I hope this ends good cause from the beginning I was like shocked when May liked Harley? that was so odd (coughOOCcough) hehehehe I'm really looking forward to next chapter ^^

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast