Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gettin' Twiggy With It (473)

Default Gettin' Twiggy With It (473)

Gettin' Twiggy With It

After the usual battle with Team Rocket, Pikachu goes missing. When finding him, Ash meets up with a Turtwig that helps out the Wild Pokémon from fighting. However Team Rocket re-appear and have their eyes set on this powerful yet helpful Pokémon. Can Ash protect it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
    Last edited by Chris; 2nd April 2007 at 11:01 AM.

Masukippa is seriously awesome, but it seems the animators have trouble deciding on what the hell it should look like.

It's size and it's head changes every scene, it is pretty freaky.

Naetoru resembles Bulbasaur in appearance and movepool. Now it resembles it in personality?

?*V Tsun*?
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

What? no asking like "what happened in this episode?" or "I want to see it!!" in this thread? I´m stunned!

anyway, i really enjoyed this episode due to Naetle.

I never really liked the naetle-line. naetle in particular, but this one really grow on me very fast. I like its bulky battle style.
    Kojiro´s VA seems to to its voice, am I correct?

It was a nice suprise that Hikari tried to catch naetle right after seeng it.
    I guess she really wants to catch some pokemon ^^

Brock once again showed some breeder skills when he nursed the linoone. Maybe his dream should be changed into "pokemon nurse"? a good way to meet lots of joys

masukippa should have a catfight with cacnea for james´ love...that would be cute.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Before anyone asks, Naetle knows Razor Leaf, Bite, Tackle, and Synthesis.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

where can i see that ep did it came out?

that old womans appearnce kinda reminds me of another charcter but i cna't put my finger on who

Quote Originally Posted by Steffrox View Post
    that old womans appearnce kinda reminds me of another charcter but i cna't put my finger on who
    Every other old lady that has appeared in the series? I have to say, though, she looked kinda creepy in a few scenes.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by saar15 View Post
    where can i see the ep?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by saar15 View Post
    Firstly, learn some proper grammar.

Secondly, it is against forum rules to post links to such info. You can pm people for info or find it yourself quite easily.

Thirdly, of course the episode has come out, how else could people talk about what happened in it?

Lastly, quoting yourself and adding almost the exact same thing because no one answered your question for a couple of hours is not an attractive posting habit.

<><><>

On the episode itself, I loved Naetle's shocked and then guilt-ridden expressions when it realized Ash was Pikachu's trainer and friend. The poor thing looked positively adorable with the tears in its eyes and "I hate myself!" expression.

It is like Bulbasaur but at least it battles somewhat differently, and its personality is more aggressive and good natured rather than Bulbasaur's wise toughness. I do think its funny how it is willing to beat up pokemon to get them to accept its help. Its a good deal more hyper and careless than Ash's Bulbasaur so I think its a good enough difference.

I found the Linoone to be incredibly random. Just what on earth beat it up so badly? It did look neat though seeing Ash and Brock holding it, given how used I am to seeing them hold only small pokemon.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan View Post
    It is like Bulbasaur but at least it battles somewhat differently, and its personality is more aggressive and good natured rather than Bulbasaur's wise toughness. I do think its funny how it is willing to beat up pokemon to get them to accept its help. Its a good deal more hyper and careless than Ash's Bulbasaur so I think its a good enough difference.
    In other words, they gave it a few different "quirks" but its still essentially the same Pokemon, like Jessie's Arbok/Seviper, James' three grass Pokemon, or Hikari being a coordinator.

The good thing about it is when it evolves it turns into a tank, so it'll be completely different than his other grass types by then. But right now, it's just a poor man's version of Bulbasaur that can heal itself.

Well I saw the episode pictures and enjoyed it, Team Rocket seem to be getting def more violent as episodes go on, guess there getting more and more annoyed with Ash LOL. The animation looked decent, I'm liking the new grass Pokemon for Ash too, funny how it tried to eat Ash hat too, poor kid can't catch a break with that LOL. Well err um yah I enjoyed it. Really can't wait for next week's episode.

I would give the episode an 8/10 these are two things that interested me more than others
    -Team rocket actually tried to drown ash i must say they really are getting lower
    -Naetoru repeatively tries to bite/eat ash's hat very similar to masukippa and james but at least it's not gonna do it whenever it is called out (hopefully)
    Coming soon:Pokemon Legends a fan series by ME
    Proud member ofthe hikari fan club(V.2)
    also a member of:
    The bug pokemon club
    The kanto starters club
    The bikini moments club(version 2).
    The may fan club

From the pictures, this episode looks entertaining. Sadly, though, the moment I saw Naetle, I knew it was similar in personality. I'm glad, though, that it has its own defining characteristics.

And Ash's Pokemon seem in love with his hat...

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The good thing about it is when it evolves it turns into a tank, so it'll be completely different than his other grass types by then. But right now, it's just a poor man's version of Bulbasaur that can heal itself.
    that alone seperates Neatoru from the rest of Ash's grass types, and most of his pokemon in general, cause this is the first pokemon Ash has ever capture that can heal itself, and from my point of veiw the only grass stater that Ash has that doesn't stand out at all is Bayleef, the others have something that makes them unique Bayleef doesn't.

I hope it continues to bite Ash i love it when he gets hurt by his own pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    In other words, they gave it a few different "quirks" but its still essentially the same Pokemon, like Jessie's Arbok/Seviper, James' three grass Pokemon...
    Cacnea is nothing like the other 2

The episode wasn't too bad. Glad to see the Magikarp submarine again.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame-lord#01 View Post
    -Naetoru repeatively tries to bite/eat ash's hat very similar to masukippa and james but at least it's not gonna do it whenever it is called out (hopefully)
    Given how it also tried to bite the old lady I was thinking that giving a playful "love" bite to show its affection was what it was doing, not trying to eat his hat.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Seeing Pikachu bash Naetle into the ground while running around crazily made the episode.

Magikarp Sub + Evil Tortoise + Satoshi carrying a giant Ferret= good episode.

one word:synthesis

That by far makes Naetoru own! That and add some parts of Bulbasaur with a playful violent Corphish feeling, and you get a cool pokemon.

Jessie and James aren't playing that dirty, are they? They just believed that Ash would let go instead of staying in there and drowning.

The pictures look good, I love what he did in order to settle the dispute between that Mankey and Geodude(Ko'ed them both). I think this Neatoru is gonna' kick major but, then evolve to it's final form and be a true Powerhouse.

Ho-oh egg made by forretress master

The awesome Skarom made by Dark_Lugia!
    *If you want SG-1 to carry on for an 11th series add this to your signiture* Started by: MechaBulba.-I want it to, but unless the CW or something picks it up then it won't-.

Quote Originally Posted by raticatelover View Post
    one word:synthesis

That by far makes Naetoru own! That and add some parts of Bulbasaur with a playful violent Corphish feeling, and you get a cool pokemon.
    Being able to heal himself does make him unique among the other grass starters but it doesn't make him invincible, and also add in totodiles biting too.

Jessie and James aren't playing that dirty, are they? They just believed that Ash would let go instead of staying in there and drowning.
    I don't know they have been getting more violent lately since they came to shinou, almost wonder why they didn't start earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperShadow View Post
    The pictures look good, I love that in order to settle the dispute between that Mankey and geodude. I think this Neatoru is gonna' kick major but, then evolve to it's final form and be a true Powerhouse.
    I hope it does as that would help further seperate it from the grass starters, and plus if it was around the 8th gym it would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by raticatelover View Post
    I don't see why they shouldn't.

Kill the trainer, take the pokemon.

Considering the writers seem to be ignoring Team Galaxy and don't even want to introduce them, they have to make JJ&M a tad more violent than usual to make it seem like they're under a real threat.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast