Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gettin' Twiggy With It (473)

After seeing the pics of this episode, I can tell that the show's writers have really lost it. Naetoru is just a fake as# Bulbasaur.

After seeing the pics of this episode, I can tell that the show's writers have really lost it. Naetoru is just a fake as# Bulbasaur.
    How? Because it can solve a dispute by tackling pokemon causing them to faint. It's personality isnt much like Bulbasaur's. The only similarity between it is it knows how to solve a dispute just like alot of Ash's pokemon are capable of doing. Its' moveset is fairly different and has very non-bulbasaur quirks to it.
    This best part of this episode was when Naetle's Tackle attack managed to send Maskippa flying into Team Rocket, resulting in an explosion, of all things.
    I dont know ever since the start of D/P random things have happened. Pocchama's bubblebeams cause smoke and explosions, Ariados' sludge when it hit the ground caused fire to erupt, Pocchama flew a tiny bit above the ground shooting bubblebeams at Seviper, Cacnea and Dustox and that somehow caused them to get damaged heavily.

Considering the writers seem to be ignoring Team Galaxy and don't even want to introduce them, they have to make JJ&M a tad more violent than usual to make it seem like they're under a real threat.
    To be fair TG doesnt appear till after the first gym badge and then in nearly every town. If appear in a blue moon and they only show up about as often as TM/TA did then I'd say ignoring them. Also TR isnt being more violent at all remember the Kanto days. Remember all the times when they'd throw bombs at Ash & co. Remember Squirtle's episode when the Squirtle Squad betrayed TR and TR dropped bombs down at Squirtle and it couldnt get up so Super Ash had to run back and save it.

So it looks like Ash is getting pokemon one after the another again. Interesting.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

He won't be making another capture for a long time, so get used to this team of 4.

Aww - I love Naetle, lol. I think I may pick him as my starter on Diamond and Pochama on Pearl.

LOL - there's that Team Rocket in a Magikarp ship again, lol..I was wondering when that was going to return. (I wonder when Team Galaxy will ever be brought in to the series...what exactly are their "evil" plans?)

Aww - Ash immediately ran to the Linoone, he showed Hikari how he cares for Wild Pokémon

This was a good episode - even though I already knew Ash was going to get Naetle from the opening ~ it's sorta Cliche, but atleast Naetle doesn't act stuckup like Treecko did.

~Scott

3DS: 1590 4683 0583, Wii:1455 7087 4777 5760, PSN: MidnightScott

I love the Nintendo 3DS, games owned: 17
    Japanese Flare Red 3DS GET! 1891 1352 3198

Aw, I think Naetle's pretty cool. It's clear he doesn't trust Ash at first(I think he thought Ash was wth TR. That, or he didn't really trust humans.), but once he convinces Naetle that Pikachu is his Pokémon, he 'Naetle's what is pretty much Poké-speak for "gomennasai...;_;". Kawaii~ ^^ He also seems to have a bit of a justice issue, as the dispute with Geodude and Mankey showed.XD

Poor Ash, he temporarily forgets twice that he's in the water in order to tell Pikachu to Thunderbolt and Iron Tail.XD Also, he's gonna have a Psyduck-sized headache if Naetle keeps biting him on the head like that!

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Jesus, upon watching this episode again, Hikari and Brock were awfully bland in this episode.

Hikari is acting like May at the worst point of her run, when she was somewhat bland in the fillers of BF. Jeez, it isn't a good sign when we're only 5 episodes in and Hikari reminds you of the blandness of Johto Misty and filler episode May.

She showed a lot of spunk and promise in D/P #1-3, what the hell happened to it?

cant ash catch another starter other then grass type thats always unknown
    // T w i l i g h t S e r e n i t y++
    ++{the T w i l i g h t shall Roam The Earth\\

When doese Pokemon Diamond and pearl come out in Australia or New Zealand?
    !!!/|\-\|/-Dark Lugia-\|/-/|\!!!

probobly late 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi View Post
    ...In Japan. :\

Anyway, watched the episode yesterday. And I was adequately pleased with it.

Naetle was so damn adorable. It seemed to project a wide range of emotions - being tough when trying to protect Pikachu from Rocket Gang, showing guilt when he finds out that Satoshi is Pikachu's trainer (it beat the crap out of him when he was trying to get Pikachu back...), and showed its appreciation by biting Satoshi's head...in appreciation! ;P I admit that this episode seemed to remind me alot of the episode where Satoshi caught Fushigidane (maybe because it's a grass type starter, and it originally belonged to someone else?), though. But really, personality-wise, he's actually nothing like Fushigidane (Fushigidane was protrayed as a tough protector of orphaned Pokemon when it was introduced. Naetle is more of an energetic, emotional, "I'll act tough because I want to" kind of Pokemon). I guess I liked the battle at the end (Naetle seems to be a good and capable fighter. I think it's kind of interesting that Satoshi has a Pokemon that knows a recovery move, Synthesis, in his party now).

...AND I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE F*CKING RANDOM EXPLOSIONS. ;_;

:\
    Thank you that was by far the lamest freakin excuse for an explosion in the history of the anime

i thought that the use was synthesis was cool though considering its a first for ash

hate how they totally copied bulbasaurs capture shows they're running out of ideas plus the fact that pikachu seemed completely helpless in the beginning sucked 2
    Last edited by gamefreak5034; 26th October 2006 at 3:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak5034 View Post
    hate how they totally copied bulbasaurs capture shows they're running out of ideas
    And you didn't notice this before?

i did, but i dont think they were as obvious as this one

Naetle will be cool when it evolves, but right now, its nothing but a poor mans Bulbasaur.

And I see Ash's flying type keeps up the tradition of having zero personality. Jesus Christ, and its already going to pop TR's balloon.

Thank god that thing evolves twice.

Mukkuru actually showed some emotion in this episode. Which is more than I can say for the other birds.

Also, I never remember Bulbasaur having Bite.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky~40 View Post
    Mukkuru actually showed some emotion in this episode. Which is more than I can say for the other birds.
    All the birds have had that 'OSNAP!' expression of surprisitude before, so it's not like our little drain-bamaged fowl is faring any better than Ash's other feathered friends thus far. Try saying that 5 times fast!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to GET NAETORU!™
    Last edited by Gravy; 26th October 2006 at 7:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    And I see Ash's flying type keeps up the tradition of having zero personality. Jesus Christ, and its already going to pop TR's balloon.
    What ever happened to Swellow being spoken of as having been treated best out of Ash's birds in terms of battle time and personality?
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

I don't recall people ever claiming that Swellow had a great personality. Just that it was an excellent battler and was actually treated as a strong Pokemon unlike Pidgeot and Noctowl.

man doesnt hikari have anger issues or what?????

Pretty standard capture episode, I liked the iron tail on the tree in the battle even though I expected it, it still looked damn cool. I am glad Naetoru has the ability to be the next Sceptile.

I liked the part with the Naetoru in it. It looked so cool and munchy (whatever that means.)
    If you think Ash deseved to turn into a Pikachu copie this in my sig [started by eonteam 123456]!!!
    No. 1 Latias fan.

Credit to shooting star for Latias drawing!

I wondering if Naetoru will
    not evolve(Bulbasaur)
    evolve once(Bayleef)
    evolve twice(Sceptile)
    I hope he doesn't evolve because I don't like his family much

I liked this bit: Geodude left, Mankey right, Naetoru middle.
    If you think Ash deseved to turn into a Pikachu copie this in my sig [started by eonteam 123456]!!!
    No. 1 Latias fan.

Credit to shooting star for Latias drawing!

Naetoru is awesome. Ash seems to like the Grass Type Starters.

Im sick of Ash and his damn grass starters! He need to get a water one! And get it fully evolved, because he doesnt have one yet! He better get that Naetoru to its final form or hes just straight up, an idiot! Im so sick of him getting those ones... Jezzzzz
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast