Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gettin' Twiggy With It (473)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrules View Post
    Ha, I love carnivines dub voice. And ya, this was just like the Baulbasaur episode.
    Carnivine voice for me is the best one yet. It's crazy and it fits the pokemon perfectly plus is very unique.

As others have said, this episode was very similar to Bulbasaur's debut episode, right down to Turtwig battling Ash before going with him.
    Turtwig was fun, it's too bad he kinda goes generic later in DP.

Team Rocket was really funny in this episode, and Carnivine's voice gives it super random explosion powers!

Hmm...I kinda zoned out of the episode halfway through because it reminded me too much of the Bulbasaur episode way the hell back in the first season. But again, glad to see Ash got the grass type starter of this region.

*Bulbasaur
    *Chikorita/Bayleef
    *Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile
    *Turtwig

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Aw, this was a nice little episode. I like what they did with Turtwig personality-wise and seeing Pikachu trying to shake Turtwig off of it's tail was a laugh.

And yeah, I saw the similarities with Bulbasaur's episode too, but I wasn't complaining much

I liked the capture battle and the way Ash got the idea to have Pikachu use Iron Tail to slam Turtwig against the tree.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

The lack of Ash's New Theme in the dub made me sad, here's hoping tommoro doesn't cut out the full version.

Spoiler:- SPOILER:

Am I the only one who found the old lady to be creepy and suspicious? She looked like she talked out of the corner of her mouth! Half the episode I was expecting her to tear of her costume, revealing her to be Jessie, and steal Pikachu!
    Orly?

This entire episode's music made me want to slam my head into a wall.
    I am getting SO SICK of that crappy instrumental crap that PUSA is replacing ALL the music with. I counted maybe 2 original pieces of music in the episode. I may be off by one though.

Other than that, I like Turtwig's voice it is cute.
    Still loving the TR motto except for the "In your ear" stuff x_x;

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Turtwig made this episode for me, obviously, his voice is cute, his attitude towards well...people he likes is just adorable.

One thing about this episode that p*ssed me off, was Team Rocket, I'm sick of the new motto already, it really is terrible, especially Meowth's parts...the only good thing brought by T.R in this episode was Carnivine, who I am falling in love with each time it is shown...

Glad Ash caught Turtwig rather than one of the other starters OR all the starters, like with Kanto/Johto.

7/10
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

IT is a rip-off of the Bulbasode.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyangfriday View Post
    If black and white are the official names im gonna have to get black to not be racist, but also get white to not look obviously not racist.

seems a bit early 4 Ash 2 already have 4 pokemon but w/e
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Ive only had the chance to see this episode this morning but I liked it ^_^. It did remind me a bit of the bulbasaur episode in Kanto but I do like Turtwig espically its voice ^_^
    The old lady was a bit strange though but it made me laugh how it kept clamping down on Ashs hat and then Turtwig carried on doing that in the next episode ^_^
    Overall a okish episode but a good capture episode

Well i just saw this episode for the first time today and it so reminds me of the episode where Ash caught Bulbasaur. Just when Turtwig and Pikachu were on the battlefield, it seemed like Pikachu and Bulbasaur all over again.

That being said i liked this episode considerably better. Turtwig's voice is awesome and i love that Ash caught it (it being one of my fave Pokemon) even though i hate Ash. I loved seeing Turtwig get a main role in the show. Let's hope there's no Chimchar though i'm sure there will be (beside Paul's).

Carnivine's voice was also cool but it was also used in a previous episode. I just loved Turtwig in this episode. It was so awesome

Click here to visit my fan fic, Winds of the Past

Credit to Dragodynamite for the Userbar

One of my favorite D and P episodes,Turtwig(Tuggy)is one of my favorites.

Of course, Geodude was right. Turtwig's good at doing a Razor leaf since maybe all the grass-type starters could learn that move. Well, back to the episode, I think Ash obtained his first grass-type Pokemon in Sinnoh after catching Naetoru(Turtwig).

I think they could have done without the rehash of Bulbasaur's original episode, but the whole thing with Turtwig's penchant for biting is pretty funny, even if we don't see it very often.

I liked that they started this epsiode a bit different than usual, with Team Rocket already having stolen Pikachu and the twerps pursuing them. I like the look on Turtwig's face too when Pikachu's tail lights up for an iron tail while it has its mouth clamped on the tail. LOL
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

The Bulbasaur re-hash wasn't needed, the writers should at least try something different.
        Spoiler:- spoil:

Turtwig was a funny Pokemon in this episode and beyond though, I found.

Nice episode, Turtwig is a cute grass Pokemon, funny how he is trowards Ash and co
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I like Turtwig, i think it's cute how it bites onto Ash's head to show that it cares.

The way it looked after Pikachu, kind of reminded me of how Bulbasaur was the first time Ash met it.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

ah, this is one of my favorite episodes, like blue snover already mentioned it's cute but also funny to see how turtwig bites on to ash's head:P

It's a nice, little episode with interesting development and bearing less than expected similarity to the Bulbasuar episode. But who didn't just think that Turtwig would join Ash at the end?
    7.5/10.

It was great episode! I really liked Turtwig's personality and how it bites Ash's head...

I love turtwig he is sooo cute!!! and how he shared his food was sweet.

God, this episode was terrible.

Not only was it a blatant rehash of Bulbasaur's capture episode, it was a lot worse and a lot more mundane.

You know, I hate it when important episodes feel like bad fillers. Its because of this that you can't skip them when you do your rewatch of the show.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast