Thread: My Sprite Worksheets!

Talking My Sprite Worksheets!

Here is my entire collection of sprites made so far, some are splices, and some are re-colours. Tell me what you think, and be entirely truthful. I know some are better then others, and I would appreciate and CONSTRUCTIVE critisism. Thanks!

And this is my 7th sheet, which will be added to another large one when I make more. Also keep in mind that the image above has been shrunken slightly due to the size. Enjoy!

Default oh no!

This is very bsd work! you need to grow up! there here many works and all of them are bad. sorry
    Your banner and image were both over the limits, so your entire signature was erased. Please read the signature rules.

i have got to tell you man you must have worked hard on these. i like them. and you know what dartz shut up man most of these are really good like the second sheet i think these are good doormatt just keep on sprite and dont let any one tell you you suck ok .

Umm, these are good. For the Venosaur colored Arcanine, you should have probably reversed the colors (Red for the body and green for the mane and such). The red there just screams at me.

Some of them could use some work... But in general, not bad at all.

The Mangler - The Kingler claws seem to hover there, the claw on the left in particular. You should find a way to make them look attatched to the Machamp.

Gardevangel - The gardevoir is in the wrong position for the wings. You need a foreward facing gardevoir or a side-facing Swablu's wings.

I particularly like the Pintacruel, and would like to use it if that is ok.

And for Dartz:

Quote Originally Posted by DoorMatt View Post
    Here is my entire collection of sprites made so far, some are splices, and some are re-colours. Tell me what you think, and be entirely truthful. I know some are better then others, and I would appreciate and CONSTRUCTIVE critisism. Thanks!
    I did not notice any constructive critocism. Not everyone is an expert spriter, and it looks like DoorMatt, like me, wants to learn and improve, not listen to people put him down. Comments like that are inappropriate, even if you add sorry. He want constructive criticism, not insults.

Your all crazy! Hes the one of the best spriters iv ever seen, well one of the best on ONM.
    You still got DoorMatt.

Not very good. honestly read the How 2 make a mix. those are real sucky mixes
    Deadmau5 / YouTube / Shiny Toy Guns

Quote Originally Posted by dartz View Post
    This is very bsd work! you need to grow up! there here many works and all of them are bad. sorry

Omfg u just cant accept that he can make nice sprites u just jalousse, grow up your self.......
    × Mse Ownage ×

Was know As ;;
    Charizardblaster...

i am sorry to say this, but these aren't very good. the fusions seem to be copy-pasted, and it seems like you used some paint default colors.
    (like corprupt an pollick). you resized panthar, and because of that it looks very odd. your recolors are quite nice. the second (seventh) sheet is a lot better than the one before it, but it still looks to copy-pastish

What splat said, these are too copy and pastish, also the outlines arent completely coloured in, but good job for a begginer and some of the recolours are good.

Quote Originally Posted by dartz View Post
    Posts like these are what is destroying the spriting community here. There to parts to a post; What and Why. What sprite and why is bad/good.

Anyways, as said before, way too copy and pastish. I see quite a few that have default paint colours which is a no. A lot of them have required very little effort such as the MissyD and Gardevoir mix... The head isn't even revamped. ._.

I'd crit more but because the image is so big it's coming up fuzzy on my screen. My advice would be to read some tutorials, though I geenrally find ones on mixing aren't all that helpful for new spriters. The recolours are okay, though.

i think they are good even though they are a bit copy and pasteish

credit to Oblivion, Elementman-Novapoke, and Tetsusaigas WindScar!

See my sprite thread!

Unhappy

I know they're copy-pasteish, becasue thats what I did, and the ones with the paint colours and rubbish outlines were from the early days of my work. Thanks for all the kudos and the CONSTRUCTIVE critisism, and just saying that they're bad and giving no helpful suggestions is terribly mean of you. Thanks for the support, uber-olly!! Ant I had to resize the Panthor because it looked way too small. Any particluarly good ones catch your eyes?
    And anyone can use my sprites if you want to, just give me credit and show me what you're using them for, please!

EDIT: Also, i'm starting another small sheet of remixes. it's not starting off well though, I think i'm getting worse.
    Last edited by DoorMatt; 21st October 2006 at 4:18 PM.

That fusin of snorlax and miltank scars me o_0 but alot of them are cool

Quote Originally Posted by uber-olly View Post
    Your all crazy! Hes the one of the best spriters iv ever seen, well one of the best on ONM.
    You still got DoorMatt.
    Are you blind? Go and look at the work of some others and then re-evaluate your opinion.

The seventh sheet is better but the other one has some really bad ones. Mardrevius has no shading on the head and Corprupt and Pollick have evil colours. Don't use paint defaults, use the eyedropper tool and get colours from existing pokemon to get used to what the colours should look like. Judging from your newer work it looks like you already know what to do now but it can't hurt to make sure...

Anyway, here's my latest batch. I think this is probably one of my worst sets, I just don't really like them much. I am now strting to delve into the realms of the DP critters! Woo!

I have tp say these turned out nothing like I hoped, so don't be too harsh.

I do not like these. Sorry. Take more time

I'm sorry, but they all suck. REALLY bad.... You should take MORE time on them.
    I used to be an NSider by the name of "ZOMBIETOADBOY10"

Most aren't very good. They seemed to be both rushed and careless.

A few examples would be:

Dreragon: Adding wings and placing them at odd angles make the base look bad
    Detrilium: Way too big, alot of the same shape over and over again
    Corprut: MS Paint colors are horrid on sprites
    Pollick: See Corprut

Some of them are pretty okay though, like the originality of wingys and pintarcrill's well placed horns.
    Last edited by jakepwnsjoo; 22nd October 2006 at 4:40 AM.

I am Nakugetsu of CS, deviantART, etc.

Corprupt and Pollick were MEANT to look like that, as I just wanted them to look crazy, turns out they just look terrible, Dreragon's wings couldn't be angled properly, because I can only use paint and can only rotate them by sey angles, Detrilium and Atomiye were just me messing about. I do spend a lot of time on them, but I'm only learning, so HELPFUL tips please, rather then just saying spend more time on them, as that gives me no direction whatsoever.