Thread: Iron Wok Jan

Default Iron Wok Jan

Anyone else read this? I swear, it makes me hungry. I'd love to try some of the recipies in it (read: SOME. I don't think I could stomach salamander or deer tendons).
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

i read some of it and it is a good series. I tried getting Blue KiKatana into this but he can't find it anywhere. I believe it's about 30 something volumes long. hard to find though even though its still contiuing in US.

30 volumes long? Wow.

And yeah, it's pretty hard to find. I was stalled out at volume 10 for a while because I couldn't find anyone who sold past that.
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

I really like this anime, even though i've only seen one issue. i picked up issue 2 at my library. I would also like to try some of those recipes. also, Jan is such a badass. The mushroom thingy was genius!
    URL=http://www.saiyanisland.com]
    [/url]

You know, we don't have to argue... you could always shut up and accept my point of view as hard cold fact.

Quote Originally Posted by shinyrayquaza View Post
    I really like this anime, even though i've only seen one issue. i picked up issue 2 at my library. I would also like to try some of those recipes. also, Jan is such a badass. The mushroom thingy was genius!
    there is no anime to this series, just a manga

There *should* be an anime, though. It would be great.

most food based or realted manga series don't usually make it to anime. To me they stick better as a manga. Another food manga that's cool is called Curry Addict. I love that one.

Sounds interesting. I may give this manga a read sometime.

The Gym - Brock is an incompetent gym leader. Hilarity ensues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagome Lover View Post
    Sounds interesting. I may give this manga a read sometime.
    It's hard to find though but good luck trying to find it.

true, i cant even find it on wikipedia, so it's not very well known. that doesnt stop it from owning, though...
    [/url]

You know, we don't have to argue... you could always shut up and accept my point of view as hard cold fact.

reminds me of great cooking boy
    TAKE THIS! AND THIS AND THIS!
    Team: Typhlosion: Lucario: Milotic: Brifblim: Dragonite: Luxray:

What's Great Cooking Boy?

I've read up to volume 7 of Iron Wok Jan. It's such a great series! I think I might also try some of the recipes on there.

Oh, like what?

I actually made Egg custard for my family for lunch like last week (HAD 2 GO 2 CHINATOWN 2 FIND BLACKBONED CHICKEN EGGS, THO.) Turned out not as rich as i thought it would though...
    [/url]

Ooh, egg custard.

What do you think caused the change?

I skimmed through one issue once. Looked sorta interesting, and I saw the main character beat the crap out of himself for some reason (blood everywhere!)...I got in trouble with the store owner so I couldn't finish it though. Anyone know what I'm tlking about, and would care to fill me in?

Jan is a perfectionist, and when he fails at something or doesn't live up to his own standards, he's his own worst enemy. He also has an incredibly violent temper, so he targets that at himself in those situations.