Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Different Strokes For Different Blokes! (474)

This was an amazing episode, I love Ash & Paul rivalry, aslo Paul got that beast Ursaring, that Stantler was WEAK! >_< Ash lost but waaah Turtwig has disadvantage!

Great ep 10/10

This was an amazing episode, I love Ash & Paul rivalry, aslo Paul got that beast Ursaring, that Stantler was WEAK! >_< Ash lost but waaah Turtwig has disadvantage!

Great ep 10/10

Great ep 10/10

Felt sorry for Turtwig it battled really hard but Paul was too much for Ash

This episode was ok... Turtwig vs Chimchar was a very cool battle even with Turtwig at a disadvantage. Ash lost his 2nd battle vs Paul... It was surprising with Turtwig being at a disadvantage against Chimchar, and it was still new to Ash's team. As before, Paul caught a Pokemon, this time Stantler, decided it was too weak and released it. Interesting how Paul had to explain to Ash about Stantler, after having to save him.

30/100

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    in retrospect, it holds up as the easily most solid DP episode up to this point.
    I didn't quite feel this way when I watched this episode last year, but on this viewing, I agree. This episode is definitely the best of the episodes shown so far.

I made the mistake of saying that Turtwig's stubborness and the battle b/w Ash and Paul at the end of the episode were two different things. Not true at all. The moment in the battle where Ash asks Turtwig to jump back into the hole, after already getting burned by ember once, really brings the entire episode together. In fact, it feels like Ash puts Turtwig in that type of extreme trust situation on purpose, as he immediately picks up that Turtwig is hesitant to do so (Dawn is also questioning Ash, which is pretty normal for her this early in the region). It's one thing for obvious trust like dodging, and another for Turtwig to trust Ash on this seemingly stupid tactic. The moment is even more exciting b/c judging by the flow of the episode, all Ash's problem seemed to be was merely getting Turtwig to dodge attacks; there was no way to predict that Ash wanted more than that. So just when you think the plot point is resolved, it's taken to a whole new level. This episode really helps you to appreciate how much Ash's pokemon have to trust him, considering his really creative tactics and spur of the moment commands.

The beginning was my favorite part.

Aipom: *smashes head on a branch and accidentally drops food into Piplup's mouth*
    Piplup: *swallows it*
    Aipom: *gets angry and starts beating up Piplup*
    Turtwig:*tries to stop Aipom and gets attacked by Piplup and Aipom* *uses Razor Leaf on both of them*
    Dawn: You can't treat my Piplup like that!
    *everyone turns around and realizes Paul was watching the whole thing*
    Paul: PATHETIC!

The battle was ok. It was good that Turtwig learned to dodge attacks instead of just standing there like an idiot. The battle was good and showed how strong Turtwig was against Fire types, but it still felt one-sided since Paul had a type advantage and had Chimchar for a long time, and Ash had just caught Turtwig in the last episode. I would have liked to see Turtwig battle Elekid instead, but I guess this was ok.

This episode was nice. The battle was fantastic. I don't really know what people were complaining about. This is not the first time Ash had battled a Pokemon with a type advantage over his. I wish the writers could have kept that winning streak of battle like that today. I thought it was fun and that it meant Ash had to work twice as hard to win. I think that's good work. It had always impressed me.

My ideal battle ever!

I watched this episode yesterday and it was still my best DP episode. Alot of action all in one. I don't get people saying Ash isn't funny. He's growing up but he definetly has some humor still there.

Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

That scene where Ash thought he and Trutwig were flying was epic. xD

And let the Chimchar spamming begin. -_-

This episode was fantastic. The battle was just awesome, and it had some funny parts as well and you can feel the tension between Ash and Paul at the end of the episode after Ash lost.

I easily give this a 10/10.
    Last edited by Dawn+Serena Fan; 24th August 2012 at 11:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

This episode is one of my favorites. Paul beating Ash was great. This is where the rivalry truly began. Awesome Episode.
    9/10
    YOU EITHER DIE A HERO OR YOU LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO SEE YOURSELF BECOME THE VILLAIN ~THE DARK KNIGHT

Ash and Paul's second battle was pretty good. It's quite surprising that despite being a disadvantage against Paul's Chimchar, Ash's Turtwig survived all the fire attacks and put up good fight. Too bad Turtwig and lost the battle at the end.

I didn't like how Paul released his Stantler, that wasn't cool at all. Oh well, at least Turtwig got some character development in this episode.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 19th July 2014 at 2:17 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Not too crazy about turtwig losing against chimchar, but otherwise the episode was really good.

Turtwig is my favorite starter, so him and ash interacting was pretty neat, Paul was also pretty cool, but I hate chimchar, and knowing how much screentime he stole later angers me.

6/10

Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.

Thumbs down

> That awful voice acting.
    > Those awful lines of dialogue from Ash.
    > That DP Rap intro.

Good News: The dub BGM was nice at least.

3/10
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonNation2000 View Post
    > That awful voice acting.
    > Those awful lines of dialogue from Ash.
    > That DP Rap intro.

Good News: The dub BGM was nice at least.

3/10
    Did you watch "getting twiggy with it", feel lucky about watching another, then feel stupid afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Did you watch "getting twiggy with it", feel lucky about watching another, then feel stupid afterwards?
    No, I watched an episode of about the same quality English dub wise.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonNation2000 View Post
    No, I watched an episode of about the same quality English dub wise.
    Thank god, that you dont need to share my pain

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Thank god, that you dont need to share my pain
    Oh, believe me, I feel your pain haha. xD.

Seriously you hate this episode just because of the awful DUB. Seriously the actual content is more important than the actual DUB.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678