Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Different Strokes For Different Blokes! (474)

Default Different Strokes For Different Blokes! (474)

Different Strokes For Different Blokes!

In a forest during their trvaels, Ash & Co, unexpectadly meet up with Paul. Ash is eager for a rematch and challenges him with his newly captured Turtwig. However during the battle, Team Rocket interrupts and Ash ends up lost in the forest with Shinji. Will Ash & Paul get out of the Forest and will they have a rematch?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
    Last edited by Chris; 2nd April 2007 at 12:02 PM.

Didn't Shinji catch and release a Stantler and an Ursaring? its not in his bio

Tops on the animation there, best for a while.
    Well, besides the animation being a plus, i really enjoyed both battles among all the another stuff. They were all over the place and i really liked it.
    Good question though, did he end up releasing Stantler and Ursaring?
    ................and there goes the tumbleweed.

Its hard to tell because of the time gap between pics but on one you can see stantler walking away just after Shinji examined it on his Pokedex. It was a similar situation with Ursaring.

Update his Bio

i've seen the episode on youtube, but it missed the middle part out. He doesnt release Ursaring...i'm sure of that; he examines the pokeball with his dex and then stores the ball.
    FC:2406 1683 4490

Can anyone psot here the new attacks?

Sig killed by Hydrohs, please read the rules.

It's a strange episode to me, I can't really understand the plots by just looking at the pics. I'm now waiting for the full guide.
    So, Ash didn't win Shinji once until now, right? I hope Ash wins one day!!! Just, was that ember that Hikozaru did? It wasn't like EMBER though...
    It's also strange to me that you can examine the Pokeball by the Pokedex.
    Anyway, I'm still not familiar with D/P.

Go for the Pics!!! Episode Pics
    My REnCune(++)!!!:

Another Version Entei-Based:

Credit goes to Eeveerose

I miss the Johto Games and wish they would remake them on the DS. If you agree, copy and paste this into your sig. (started by 4th Generation Master)

I want a all region game made on DS. If you agree, copy and paste this into your sig. (started by PokemonFan_Samuel)

Hikozaru used Dig, which I haven't seen from it before, as well as a defensive move that stopped Naetoru from attacking it. Also looked like Hikozaru used Fury Swipes, but it could've been a really hyped up Scratch attack. Naetoru connected with its Bite attack, which isn't shown much in the anime. What I want to know is that rejuvination attack Naetoru uses to restore its energy during battle.

Anyway, I've got some points/questions to make. When the four (Ash, Shinji and their respective starters) fell off the cliff, Shinji/Hikozaru managed to jump gracefully from ledges and branches to the ground, while Ash and Naetoru bulleted into the river below.

Ash loosing the 2nd match was what is needed...after all, fire attacks are strong against grass-types AND Shinji's Hikozaru is more experienced thus far. We also see that Shinji has adapted himself to be agile like Hikozaru.

I'm also wondering why Naetoru was hesitating to dodge attacks in Ash's initial rematch against Shinji (which was the focal point for this episode).

And yes, Shinji does keep Ursaring. I think after examining the Pokeball, he saw that it was strong enough (and had good attacks) that were worth keeping around. He might have said that Stantler's attack array was only limited to Tackle and Hypnosis.
    Last edited by sCiZoR_2006; 27th October 2006 at 5:20 PM.

-sCiZoR

I thought he would keep Ursaring I wasnt 100% sure he released it. Still his bio needs updating

Quote Originally Posted by Celibitwo View Post
    I thought he would keep Ursaring I wasnt 100% sure he released it. Still his bio needs updating
    Give Serebii a chance, would ya?

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

Well from what I could tell of the pictures I enjoyed the episode. Of course I've been enjoying Shinji/Ash episodes thus far which is two but still. Yes the animation was ok, and I loved the battles. Hopefully one day Ash will win agasint Shinji. I still think Shinji may be apart of Team Galxy but will see, doesn't mean I don't like the guy, he's become one of my favorite characters.

What sort of trash talk did Shinji give to Ash & Co this time? As for the episode itself, it was quite predicatable at least at the beginning with one of the main characters having a battle with a rival only to be interupted by Team Rocket.

Judging from the pictures only, it seemed like a great episode! Shinji catches A LOT of Pokémon O_O His team is so much stronger with an Ursaring!
    My Shinies:

Currently hunting:

Shinji's hair gives him the power to defy gravity....

Also, the song that played during the Ursaring Battle rules. It's Satoshi's New Theme, and is on the CD.

Just saw the ep pics... though can't really tell if he realeased a Stantler and Ursaring.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I think he released Stantler, and he kept Ursaring.
    [IMG]http://*******.com/1oot2q[/IMG] Me, Flametrainer!!!!!! Me love Fire pokemon!!!!!

FlameTrainer's PokePet

Morphion the level 50 Dorapion!

FlameTrainer's PokePet

Mantiny the level 5 Tamanta!

Did anyone else find it interesting that Shinji says, "Monster ball, attack"?

Quote Originally Posted by FlameTrainer
    I think he released Stantler, and he kept Ursaring.
    Yes, he did those.

Quote Originally Posted by sCiZoR_2006
    Also looked like Hikozaru used Fury Swipes, but it could've been a really hyped up Scratch attack.

What I want to know is that rejuvination attack Naetoru uses to restore its energy during battle.
    It's just scratch (hikkaku).

It was Synthesis (kougousei).

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    Also, the song that played during the Ursaring Battle rules. It's Satoshi's New Theme, and is on the CD.
    Really? Huh. It's rather pretty.
    Last edited by Kthleen; 27th October 2006 at 10:22 PM.

Great episode.

And Shinji seems to have stolen Satoshi's superpowers.

Good episode.

We get an Instrumental Advance Adventure, Shinji beats Satoshi and stays badass, AND Haruka is shown during Ookido-Hakase's Pokemon Lecture.

Naetoru gets more personality here, too. While he's no Kimori/Juptile/Jukain yet, he's still pretty entertaining.

Poor Mukkuru was the only Pokemon of the entire group's parties that didn't show up this time, though. Hope Mukkuru getting the shaft doesn't become a trend.

I like how they added development to Naetle by revealing that it didn't quite understand the concept of dodging attacks and unhesitatingly listening to a trainer. It can dodge just fine now, figured out how when it battled that Ursaring, but it still hesitated once in the last battle. Still, that problem should be resolved quickly, since Naetle does have an aptitude for battling.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

hey what that guy shinji do when the capture new pokemon? the take the pokeball and scaning with...the pokedex? why he scaning it?
    Last edited by el buitron; 27th October 2006 at 11:38 PM.
    i know the weakeness of the dark/chost type, but i don,t said it...jajaja....

Quote Originally Posted by el buitron View Post
    hey wha that guy shinji do when the capture newe pokemon? the take the pokeball and scaning with...the pokedex? why he scaning it?
    He checks out moves.

ohhh, that is cool, but, since what time the pokedex can do that? or maybe ash don,t notice it becaused he is a little fool?
    i know the weakeness of the dark/chost type, but i don,t said it...jajaja....

Ash wouldn't use the feature anyway, believe me ^^"

Anyway, coolest D/P episode so far, and not only because of Iwane. Come to think of it, his art had several flaws regarding anatomy this time, as Hikari's legs or arms were sometimes too thin and weirdly positioned, while Ash's legs seemed way too short in some scenes. On the other hand, I shouldn't start complaining about him when the majority of other art directors ultimately fail in comparison ~_~

Erm...yeah. Of course I loved the fact that Shinji made his second appearance so shortly after his first, and I liked him even more this time. He not only managed to tick Ash off even more than last time, but also gained Hikari's and Brock's disrespect in no time. And the best of it all - he seems to be truly enjoying it. The guy's simply awesome. Lots'a cookies for him.

Ash was amusing. Despite being warned of the Stantlers by Shinji, he just looked in amazement when he encountered one, wondering what those illusions the PokéDex mentioned were about. And the funniest moment was when he rechecked the 'dex at his third meeting with Stantler(s), finally figured out that he wouldn't get tricked if he just didn't look at the glowing horns, but then realized that he had already done so and was all, "Oops...too late o.o". Not to mention, seeing him "swim" in the sky (and later on the ground) was hilarious.

Next, Naetoru. That creature is too adorable. While being more on the feisty side, he's also quite generous, and tries pretty much anything to make others not worry about him. That scene where he shoved the apple into Ash's mouth was very cute. And the sequence right after that, when he and Ash see another Stantler and run away...I just thought the way Naetoru looked while desperately trying to cover his eyes with his shorter-than-short hands was pretty funny.

Lol at Stantler just standing there, sweatdropping. Either because its victims were able to flee before it could do anything, or because they were hysterical about nothing.

Just realized I said nothing about the battle. Meh, happens to me all the time, especially in episodes where the battle takes the center stage. Erm...anyway.

Naetoru losing was predictable, understandable and inevitable. It did put up a very good fight though. I felt a little sorry for Hikozaru when it was scolded at for cheering because it won, but on the other hand, it adds to Shinji's uniqueness as a character.

As a last note, I was pleased to see TR get a very small role in this episode, but in return entertain more than usual.

Shinji: Ember!
    Jessie: Ember!
    Jessie and James: ...Ember?
    Last edited by Sushi; 27th August 2011 at 4:43 PM.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Yeah, Satoshi tripping out and thinking he was flying was hilarious.

I wish Pokemon could stay this good consistantly, but unforunatly, that will never happen.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast