Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Different Strokes For Different Blokes! (474)

Too bad Ash's Naetoru lost against Shinji's monkey. I hope Naetoru will get stronger.Ash will be able to win Shinji one day.

And,did Shinji catch the Stantler and Ursaring?Well,since he did,why didn't serebii update his character bio?
    current rank:Rising trainer
    Final rank:Pokemon champion
    Oh boy,I have a long way to go.
    Future DP team:

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Yeah it was so funny when TR is doing the motto and all of a sudden:
    Shinji: "Hinoko!" ("Ember!")
    Jessie: "Hinoko!"
    Jessie and James: "Hinoko?"
    While that was pretty funny, my personal favourite skit had to be:

*Maskippa launches a Bullet Seed towards Shinji*
    Ash: SHINJI! LOOK OUT!!
    Shinji: Shut up.
    Ash: Uhh... :/

Masukippa sounded odd when it did that though, very shrill....

Quote Originally Posted by el buitron View Post
    ohhh, that is cool, but, since what time the pokedex can do that? or maybe ash don,t notice it becaused he is a little fool?
    Since forever? Even back in Kanto, Ash and Misty checked the Pokedex to see what moves their new Pokemon/evolution could use.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu146 View Post
    And,did Shinji catch the Stantler and Ursaring?Well,since he did,why didn't serebii update his character bio?
    As has been mentioned several times in either this thread or the preview thread, he caught Ursaring but released Stantler. And the bio hasn't been updated yet because...it hasn't.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Saw the episode and it was just excellent. Had plenty of comedy as mentioned before by others.
    We've seen Super Ash before and now we got to see Super Shinji when he and Hikozaru fall down from the cliff.
    Loved the part where Ash thinks he's flying.lol
    Then Ash running away from stantler and hitting a tree. Very amusing.

Naetoru is friggin awesome. I think they've done a wonderful job with it so far. Its quite different from bulbasaur. Bite hitting again in a battle=great.

Shinji was even more bada**. Felt sorry for hikozaru when its cheering was interrupted by Shinji. But as ~Geodude~ said Shinji was probably disappointed about the match being dragged on and not ending quickly.
    Overall the battle was great, nice to see Naetoru dodging attacks at the end since in the beginning of the episode it wouldn't move out of the way.

What did Hikari say to Ash at the end? When Shinji walks away and Ash is holding naetoru. Her and Brock were pi**ed at Shinji.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    Masukippa sounded odd when it did that though, very shrill....
    I thought so too. Though to be quite honest, I think Maskippa's voice has been pretty odd from the begining. In it's first episode it was kinda deep, in it's next appearence the voice was somewhat lighter (Kiii! Kiii!), then in the following episode it switched to a combination of both that and a sort of hissing sound, and now this. It's like whoever is voicing the thing can't decide what to do with it.

Neither can they decide how to animate it either....

Oh well, the things crazy.

Masukippa is psycho, and therefore has multiple personalities which manifest themselves into different voices and designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez View Post
    What did Hikari say to Ash at the end? When Shinji walks away and Ash is holding naetoru. Her and Brock were pi**ed at Shinji.
    I don't know what Hikari said exactly, but I think Takeshi said "Ore mo dokan da", which I THINK is along the lines of him agreeing that Satoshi should win next time (after that, Satoshi agrees, saying that he's sure to not lose against Shinji, so I'm guessing Hikari said something about taking down Shinji in their next encounter).

Shinji: Something that's useless, will always be useless. I have no need for that.
    Satoshi: What?!
    [Shinji walks away]
    Satoshi: Wait!
    Hikari: (I'm not sure exactly, but I think she said: "Satoshi, best to take care of that fool".)
    Takeshi: I also say you should turn the tables next time.
    Satoshi: Ah, I better not lose. Next time, I will not lose...!

^ lol Do not absolutely trust the above. ;\
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky~40 View Post
    Masukippa is psycho, and therefore has multiple personalities which manifest themselves into different voices and designs.
    Masukippa ate the Millenium Puzzle, and switches to his "Yami" side unnoticed, thus making him bigger and his voice deeper.

That needs to be made a pic now!

At first I thought the Razor Leafs were indeed explosive, but then I thought it just may be due to cancelling out with Ember, and then Embers were the ones that exploded, which in turn destroys the Razor Leaf (aka Ember used to stop the incoming Razor Leaf). Unfortunately that's a little contradictory to the regard that we've seen Razor Leafs completely burned down by fire (in which in this case I assume Ember functions very similar to Bullet Seed, acting as pellets rather than a flaming source ... like minor bombs or something)

Is it just me or did they make Naetoru a really big tank? I never seen a one on one battle go that ended (not to mention had two different parts without additional rest to a large degree). Neither pokemon even showed exhaustion states nor injury states either (not to mention Naetoru not once was even burned).

And er, although it was obvious Naetoru would lose, did it even have a counter against Flame Wheel? Take Down was like, the least efficient attack, Razor Leaf was both dodged and cancelled out, and then the only successful attack was actually Bite (which in turn made Flame Wheel more efficient underground ironically.) Well, this is far better than Achamo getting OHKO'd by Mizugorou.

Speaking of Take Down, didn't Satoshi learn from Phanpy using Rollout against a Flame Wheel (back in like, the Silver Conference lol) already display that a "physical charging tackle" will lose to a "flaming charging tackle"? I'm pretty sure that the anime basically made "flaming physical charges" automatically superiour to "physical charges" ... which is also why I want to see Pikachu's Volt Tackle go against a Flame Wheel (or a Flare Drive, I guess) to see what happens (can't be a cancel out because that makes no sense, and even though an explosion is most likely, it would have to be one of those double knockouts, if it also weren't for the fact that the fire and electrical circular components are also somewhat defenses ... well less of the case for Volt Tackle I guess)

On second thought that might have just been Tackle (which would be even worse since it is presented to have less power than a Take Down anyways).

It seems like Naetoru's most efficient component against Hikozaru specifically was ... enduring the hits, haha. None of its attacks seem to specifically stop Flame Wheel (not only that, but Naetoru has no "big" attacks, like Aipom's Focus Punch). Razor Leaf doesn't help either. Ember seemed to cancel out Razor Leaf, but I don't think it goes the other way around (unless it truly does explode now).

Ironically I find that Bide would have been insanely useful had Naetoru had it.

Though more props to Shinji for coming up with consistent counters to every new tactic. Usually most, if not all opponents, have had some sort of surprise or shock factour from battling Satoshi (which ironically is a source for a lot of his wins), but Shinji doesn't even flinch.

I definitely liked the TR efficiency. They do what they normally do, but the way they're interrupted or stopped is much faster, much more funny, and far more concise. And of course, Shinji does what every other character *should* do when TR enters, which is to interrupt them midway by attacking them (not only that, but it also prevents Soonansu and Manene from coming out as well).

The only advantage I see Satoshi having over Shinji is ... pokemon experience (and I don't mean the trainer regard, but the pokemon's specific experience). Simply overpower with "higher levelled" or "more experienced" pokemon. Otherwise, if the grounds were completely even, as of now, doesn't look like Satoshi has a single advantage.

They made Shinji way too athletic. A fast recovery is one thing, but to fall correctly from a large height and land on a branch normally is highly awkward (ironically such a characteristic is what I wanted on Hikari), though I guess that's just terrain recognition.

So far episodes with Shinji don't seem to fail at all. It fills what other episodes could have as holes. You get an antagonist, a battle perspective, a catching perspective, and heck, a learning perspective (or rather what not to do when seeing Odoshishi). Of course when you have Shinji, you have less focus on Hikari and contests (which isn't even bad considering what he brings to the table), but otherwise it seems to fill every component that can be good in an episode without taking away anything either.

And since when did the group actually set up the table? Usually it's preset or instant, but this time you actually see them set it up (or maybe it's just very rare).

Well, these episodes also seem to improve Satoshi tremendously too. Who won and who lost was somewhat predictable, but the concept of the battle wasn't disappointing (it was not an overrun, nor a one shot. Though it also was the worst video game component: stalling. Haha, too long and extended, since Satoshi didn't have a successful offensive method besides that Bite that ended up countered even worse, despite being the only attack that seemingly connected.). Satoshi's "wins" against any of Shinji's pokemon were "powerful hits that connected". Otherwise, absolutely no standard attack really worked all that well.

Due to the Ookido section at the end, it seems like the first time I saw Haruka in any D/P episode (despite it being essentially a replay instead of a cameo).
    Last edited by S_P; 30th October 2006 at 5:41 AM. Reason: Another input

Heh, finally saw this ep.

You just gotta love the way the anime handles Ursaring. Rampaging giant bears who are ****** off for no reason was one of the GOOD things they established in the Johto saga. I'm glad one of the good elements of Johto continues nowadays. I really hope we see Shinji use the thing in the future instead of it never being shown again though.

Hearing the AG music in D/P IS odd. It's almost depressing too, for some strange reason. Maybe because we know all the female characters in this show are expendable and we never get to see them achieve what they set out to do? Yeah, that's it.

Great episode overall. I really want to see Hikari battle Shinji, just to see how Poochama does against the fire chimp.

Quote Originally Posted by S_P View Post
    On second thought that might have just been Tackle (which would be even worse since it is presented to have less power than a Take Down anyways).
    tai tari = Tackle
    tosshin = Take Down

Naetle's attack was Tackle.

ahs vs shinji.....what a great rival does ash have
    naetoru was not owned i think becouse of his type weakness
    but it would have been good for ash if he had won this battle

i hope shinji got ursaring but stantler.....i don't like him
    you know lucario is the best, he's gona rule the world
    XD
    my d/p team

credit to mew_monster20 for this super tc.
    pm me if you think something can change to improve my team

Quote Originally Posted by lucariolover View Post
    i hope shinji got ursaring but stantler.....i don't like him
    You dont have to worry about that because Shinji released Stantler right after he caught it. He kept Ursaring.

Unhappy Why does Shinji release his (some of) Pokemon

Its so sad that Shinji always releases his pokemon (ex: Mukkuru-tachi, and the Stanlter)

Even if he does keep Stantler and Ursaring he probably won't keep them in his party

It seems Stantler was released and Ursaring was kept. It was a decent episode showing shinjis strength and once again, releasing pokemon he thought were weak after scanning them. The battle with hikozaru was pretty cool, I liked how its like the first rival battle from the games. So yeah, decent episode. I want to know what shinji said to ash that p*ssed him off so much at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabuto View Post
    I want to know what shinji said to ash that p*ssed him off so much at the end.
    Something along the lines of "things that are useless will remain being useless".
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

LOL, I remember all the bashing Harley got when he first debuted because he was "mean" to May.

Is Shinji now going to be bashed because he's "mean" to Ash and he releases his Pokemon?

LMAO. You think people would prefer rivals who aren't nice guys for once.

If that were to happen, Cyber, it would've happened already. Mostly it's just people repeatedly asking the same questions about him that have already been answered multiple times in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    LOL, I remember all the bashing Harley got when he first debuted because he was "mean" to May.

Is Shinji now going to be bashed because he's "mean" to Ash and he releases his Pokemon?

LMAO. You think people would prefer rivals who aren't nice guys for once.
    Well I don't like it when Shinji is mean to Ash but I still think his character is cool and ship him with Ash too but that's a whole nother topic. Any ways I personally have been a fan of Ash and like the guy becuase of his heroic ways. But that doesn't mean I don't like Shinji either, did you like Harley?

Quote Originally Posted by dannyphantomhott View Post
    Well I don't like it when Shinji is mean to Ash but I still think his character is cool and ship him with Ash too but that's a whole nother topic. Any ways I personally have been a fan of Ash and like the guy becuase of his heroic ways. But that doesn't mean I don't like Shinji either, did you like Harley?
    You ship them together even though they clearly don't like, boardline hate, each other? Sounds fun.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyphantomhott View Post
    Gary was mean to Ash when they started their journey. Where's the bashing of Gary?
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast