Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Different Strokes For Different Blokes! (474)

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky~40 View Post
    You ship them together even though they clearly don't like, boardline hate, each other? Sounds fun.
    Yes. Hateships own. See: Tensionshipping.
    Last edited by Jo-Jo; 1st November 2006 at 9:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcoat View Post
    Gary was mean to Ash when they started their journey. Where's the bashing of Gary?

I wasn't bashing Shinji but I didn't exacly like Gary being mean to Ash either but I didn't mind him much too. And yes Hate Ships rule!

Quote Originally Posted by dannyphantomhott View Post
    I wasn't bashing Shinji but I didn't exacly like Gary being mean to Ash either but I didn't mind him much too. And yes Hate Ships rule!
    What's the point of shipping two characters who hate each other when the definition of shipping is the love between two characters.

Because hate/love dynamics are interesting. Why do you care, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo View Post
    Because hate/love dynamics are interesting. Why do you care, anyway?
    I don't care, really.

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky~40 View Post
    I don't care, really.
    No offense but why are you picking on the topic then, just ignore it.

I dont understand why some people are complaining about shinji catching pokemon and releasing them. Whats the big deal? He just wants a pokemon with a good moveset. Im sure that's how most people play the games, if they find a dugtrio at level 30 and another one at level 35 they will most likely take the one who's level 35. We finally have a character in the anime who reflects our play style of the games, and IMO that's friggin awesome.
    SHINJI RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez View Post

I dont understand why some people are complaining about shinji catching pokemon and releasing them. Whats the big deal? He just wants a pokemon with a good moveset. Im sure that's how most people play the games, if they find a dugtrio at level 30 and another one at level 35 they will most likely take the one who's level 35. We finally have a character in the anime who reflects our play style of the games, and IMO that's friggin awesome.
    SHINJI RULES!
    thank you finally someone who doesnt bash shinji for being different and much better of a trainer that ash'll ever be not to mention has a better look

were can i find this episode what do i type in youtube or what site do i go 2

Quote Originally Posted by Alexdaman65 View Post
    were can i find this episode what do i type in youtube or what site do i go 2
    There's this thing.

It's called a television. You watch it on there.

Or else use some common sense and not ask a question that's obviously against the rules of any respectable site.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Shinji should be the main character of the show. He's cool, calculated, and remorseless which is how older folks play the pokemon games.
    "Optiums Prime doesn't have crap on a battery-operated Tyrannosaurus with machine guns for arms, lazers for eyes, and hate for a heart." - Niku

Quote Originally Posted by Railith View Post
    Shinji should be the main character of the show. He's cool, calculated, and remorseless which is how older folks play the pokemon games.
    After Ash beats him in the Shinou league, he should join the group and replace Brock for the next saga.

Writers, put Brock out of his misery. It's really, really time.

And that's exactly why he will never be in the main group.

And you think remorseless is a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy View Post
    And you think uniqueness is a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy View Post
    Of course it is.

In the anime there are basically two different kinds of trainers, ones that care for and befriend all of their pokemon and ones that use their pokemon. Most latter trainers are reletivly imcompetent and usually lose to the trainer that has the most friendship. Shinji is awesome because he is cool calculated. He knows exactly what he needs to do to win and doesn't take any crap to do it, and so far he is extremely successful by defeating a pokemon trainer of Ash's experence. He does things like compare pokemon he caught and cuts the dead weight without a lengthy and unessery goodbye crying monologue.

I hope they don't eventually make him lose to "friendship" even though the formula of pokemon episodes demands that he does. Shinji could have been a breath of fresh air for the show and taken it in an entirely new direction which is why I really like his character.
    "Optiums Prime doesn't have crap on a battery-operated Tyrannosaurus with machine guns for arms, lazers for eyes, and hate for a heart." - Niku

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak5034 View Post
    thank you finally someone who doesnt bash shinji for being different and much better of a trainer that ash'll ever be not to mention has a better look
    I never said Shinji was bad, in fact there are many reasons why i dont like ash

1) Every time he meets someone new he says: 'Hi Im Ash from Pallet Town'. He sounds so stupid saying this all the time

2) He hardly ever catches Pokemon, more often than not he is just stopping Team Rocket from catching Pokemon. For Example, those 3 Seedot in early Hoenn. He really had no right to stop Team Rocket from taking them. They were wild and TR had every right to catch them

3) He is really uneducated at Pokemon battling, in Johto he put his Phany up against Pyrces Dewgong. The idiot!

Shinji is cool because...well he just is

Quote Originally Posted by Celibitwo View Post
    I never said Shinji was bad, in fact there are many reasons why i dont like ash

1) Every time he meets someone new he says: 'Hi Im Ash from Pallet Town'. He sounds so stupid saying this all the time

2) He hardly ever catches Pokemon, more often than not he is just stopping Team Rocket from catching Pokemon. For Example, those 3 Seedot in early Hoenn. He really had no right to stop Team Rocket from taking them. They were wild and TR had every right to catch them

3) He is really uneducated at Pokemon battling, in Johto he put his Phany up against Pyrces Dewgong. The idiot!

Shinji is cool because...well he just is
    Because his amazing hair allows him to defy gravity!
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Shinji is a jerk but he's what this series had needed, a consistant jerk. Gary was blah, Drew wasn't really there in the brain department, and Harley was an absolute farce outside of one episode. Now we have Shinji who cares about one thing and that's power and won't take on weak Pokemon. And in the Pokemon world, wanting Pokemon only for power is considered heartless.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

This is not a character-bashing thread, and you're pretty much doing that right now, but I'll respond to this much. TR could legally catch them in Pokeballs, yes. If they were doing that, then you'd have a reason to complain. But they always use nets or mechas or whatever, methods that are obviously illegal. Plus there's the fact that TR are the "bad guys", so why would the "good guys" just stand there while the bad guys bolster their ranks?

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez View Post

SHINJI RULES!
    Ummm. It's not Shinji releasing the Pokemon I have a problem with, it's other stuff, but, just had to correct this, in my eyes, glaring error:

Stats of a wild level 30 Dugtrio caught and trained to level 35 > Stats of a wild level 35 Dugtrio. Common knowledge.

*desperate attempt to be on-topic* From the episode pictures, parts of this episode seemed pretty funny.

I just read the Episode Guide

So Shinji thinks Ash is a weak trainer. lets see what he has to say when his Hikozaru, Elekid and Ursaring get their butts kicked by Ash Charizard in the Sinnoh/Shinou league

So Shinji thinks Ash is a weak trainer. lets see what he has to say when his Hikozaru, Elekid and Ursaring get their butts kicked by Ash Charizard in the Sinnoh/Shinou league
    Gaah! The C word must not be spoken of in these parts!

Let's just substitute 'Charizard' with 'Kingler' and we'll all be on our merry way.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    After Ash beats him in the Shinou league, he should join the group and replace Brock for the next saga.

Writers, put Brock out of his misery. It's really, really time.
    Yes. He definitely should replace Brock, no doubt about that. He is so pointless and it's almost painful to watch him go through the same tired gags over and over again. Why do the writers (or whoever is in charge of deciding which characters stay/go) believe that he's actually popular with the fans? Or that it would cause an uproar of some sort? I recently cruised through some Japanese websites and even they don't seem to give a **** about the guy. I've seen more art dedicated to one-shot characters than of Brock.

Though, if Shinji 'learns his lesson' and treats Pokemon with more respect, I hope he doesn't lose his bad attitude. I mean, I've seen heroes in other media who retain their badass personalities despite doing good.

...But, meh. I don't trust the anime writers to do that. What a shame.

So Shinji thinks Ash is a weak trainer.
    Why am I not surprised about Shinji considering Ash as somewhat worthless? I should have figured that someone like Shinji would have little or no tolerance to silly things.
    Last edited by Ashy Boy; 21st November 2006 at 11:01 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast