Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Different Strokes For Different Blokes! (474)

shinji i think he hasd a bad attitude and hes really stuburn and annoyng

7/10

merry christmas!

Shinji caught an Ursaring.THis makes it unfair.Ash has 4 unevolved Pokemon,Shinji has a super powerful elekid,a quite powerful Hikozaru, and a newly caught strong Ursaring. I hope Ash will win Shinji in the future.After Naetoru becomes Dotatios,it can win Hikozaru's evo.
    current rank:Rising trainer
    Final rank:Pokemon champion
    Oh boy,I have a long way to go.
    Future DP team:

It's quite obvious that Ash will win in the future since Shinji is sucking in all his glory now.

I saw this episode a few days ago... the only interesting thing about this episode was the battle. Naetle fought hard and almost got the victory. I'm still wondering why in the world would ash chose Naetle a Grass type against the fire monkey whatever is called.

Shinji reminds me of Kanto gary... Overall 5/10 gets this ep for me
    And I came for fun..

As I said before, the point of the battle wasn't necessarily to beat Shinji. Shinji insulted Naetle, so what would be the point of Ash beating Shinji with another Pokemon? That would prove absolutely nothing.

That said, Ash did say to himself at the end that he won't lose next time.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    As I said before, the point of the battle wasn't necessarily to beat Shinji. Shinji insulted Naetle, so what would be the point of Ash beating Shinji with another Pokemon? That would prove absolutely nothing.

That said, Ash did say to himself at the end that he won't lose next time.
    I din't know he insulted Naetle. Since I dont understand %90 of the Japanese language and I haven't readed the guide yet. but still.. the battle was the best thing of all the episode. the episode overall felt flat for me
    And I came for fun..

The worst part to me was how Shinji acted after he defeated Ash. Right now, my current opinion is the reason why he won is because he had the type advantage. I am SO waiting for the big Shinji thrashing.

This episode was total filler. The plot was meh.

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

Shinji doesn't care about his Pokémon at all. Trust me, he'll release that Ursaring in no time at all.

Sweet, they kept the full version of Ash's New Theme. :P

Yeah, this episode is still my favorite one of DP (although many, many have come close...)

This episode was great. Figures TR would ruin the battle. I must admit I like Paul’s attitude towards TR. It was good to see an Ekans despite its random appearance. It was kinda cool to see a Stantler again. I found it funny when Ash tried NOT to look at the Stantler antlers as well as Paul seeing Ash swimming around on the ground. The real battle between Ash and Paul was awesome.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Shinji is just awesome.

I was so happy that he beat Satoshi at the end. If they tied or something, I would have been so ticked off. Satoshi wins too much. D:

But the whole Stantler confusion thing towards Satoshi and Turwig rocked. Very funny.

I enjoyed this episode. So great. <33 Espeically Shinji. Hell yeah!

I have a love/hate relationship with how our heroes lump all of Shinji's behavior into a blob of "THAT IS BAD." What exactly is the problem with letting unsatisfactory Pokemon go back into the wild, as opposed to cramming them into an airtight plastic ball and forcing to fight other Pokemon to the death/KO? Then again, the series in general pretends that all Pokemon are equally strong if you raise them with RUV and CAIR(tip for the kiddies:they're actually not).

I do wonder why Shinji bothers helping Ash out when he clearly hates him. It's probably a sign that he's Not Pure Evil and will be Redeemed. D:
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Finally the good episodes of D/P. I enjoyed and rather liked Turtwig which is weird. Paul still awesome and now I'm officially a Chimchar fan.

Shinji's still an annoying pest at least he got rid of TR quick.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Although I'm not feelin' these early episodes of this new season, i kinda like this one because of:

1) The battle-style animation (Nice that they're still keeping the same kind of animation that i always like this time around)

2) Several appearances from severally forgotten Pokemon (Ekans, Stantler)

3) Paul ( I'm callin' this kid "unique) I don't recall a trainer with this bad a attitude on the anime before. It is kinda interesting

But then, there's the dialogue that still annoys me. Ever since Battle Frontier. The conversations and the things they say just don't seem to make since to me! Just like in several other anime shows I've seen.

Usually each episode introduces one or two new Pokemon from a generation. So far, I've seen the same ones from the early eps this season, plus past pokemon. Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Starly, Glameow Carnivine and Buneary. I've only seen Staraptor, Budew, and Burmy once. And next week's previews looks like it's going to be the same thing!

Ash was crazy in the episode, him seeing things when they weren't there was too funny LOL. Ash new voice did a good job in the episode, Shinji/Paul is still a jerk but that's what I like about his character, its different. I just hope Ash beats Paul one of these days. He needs to make Paul look bad, like I want Paul to see Ash win a gym battle agianst one he didn't get to win. Now that would be sweet pay back, than Ash could be all happy about it and Paul would be all ticked off and get more angry about it. Anyways I loved the episode the battle ruled, even though Paul won. But I just know Ash will win agianst Paul soon just like he did agaisnt Gary. And what's this a May fan complaing about Ash winning too much? When May won way too much just for being a newbie contest person. At least Ash has a reason, he's been in the leauges since season one, May just began with Ash, awe well. Anyways can't wait for the next episode.

Paul is reallly a great character, and he is the best thing to happen to Ash's plot since Gary.

Both of the battles against Paul were very cool, I like how there was some development between Turtwig and Ash.

The comedy was great, Team Rocket didn't get to do much, though.

Overall, this is one of the top episodes in early Sinnoh.

Ash is just pathetic. This guy has been a trainer longer than Shinji has yet he get his ***** wipe by wild PKMN, not knowing his surroundings as he's traveling & sending out his Grass-type to battle a Fire-type. I mean c'mon, Ash is not a rookie or the underdog anymore. He shouldn't be acting like a complete idiot or losing to rookie like Shinji. I was so happy when Shinji was talking down on him & his retarded Turtwig because they really deserve it. But yeah, this episode was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    sending out his Grass-type to battle a Fire-type.
    And you're complaining about this why exactly? I dealt with this once already on this very same page, go back and read it. Post #105.

Quote Originally Posted by Railith View Post
    Shinji should be the main character of the show. He's cool, calculated, and remorseless which is how older folks play the pokemon games.
    And Shinji offically becomes the "Shadow the Hedgehog" of the Pokemon anime.

The main thing I enjoyed about this episode is Ash's reaction to PAUL at the end. The whole episode Ash seemed to be trying to make friends with PAUL and have a nice freindly rivaly, but it didn't work out as he had hoped, quite the opposite actully. Ash now knows this PAUL guy isn't going to be a friend, he's become more of an enemy.

It's war now.

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

Dawn: "Wow! Ursaring just got caught!"
    Ash: "Yeah. We'll see for how long."

Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Dawn: "Wow! Ursaring just got caught!"
    Ash: "Yeah. We'll see for how long."

Heh.
    I laughed at that part. Probably best part of episode...

Paul is Tarzan! Jumping on rocks like that and flipping around trees. He is the King of the Forest. o___O Sorry...

I really enjoyed this episode. The dialogue was pretty good (though Ash's V.A. needs to put more ephasis into his laugh, insted of reading "haha" off the script). I'm also a new fan of Chimchar. I loved it's little victory dance after it's battle with Turtwig. The fire chimp want's to be on Ash's squad too! As for Paul, a little too much saturation of the word "pathetic", but besides that a pretty solid intro rival.

Solid 10 from me on this one.
    Last edited by PANCAKE; 13th June 2007 at 2:14 PM.
    Monkeys are rather expensive :-|

I liked Paul's cruelty towards Ash, since Ash needs to take that advice. The battle was pretty intense too and the fact that Ash lost adds to the pressure.
    I wish I could battle Paul =(

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast