Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Different Strokes For Different Blokes! (474)

THe eppy was good, but the Stanler/mirage/desert/stuff thing was pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyangfriday View Post
    If black and white are the official names im gonna have to get black to not be racist, but also get white to not look obviously not racist.

Haven't seen it yet.
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

this episode was ok im starting to like the character of paul though i cant wait to see him again

I liked the bit where Turtwig used Bite on Chimchar's head! Lol!!!

Another of my favorite D and P episodes,Turtwig(Tuggy)gave a good fight to Chimchar and he was really nice with Ash and Ash with him.

is it just me or did Ash look and act more mature in Hoenn and then looked less mature in Sinnoh? with the clothes i mean

So many episodes later with Paul, I'm still not completely sure how I feel about Paul. He's a real jerk to his pokemon and to other people, but at the same time he's an interesting character. It makes me wonder if he'll end up like Gary (going from evil to a nice guy) down the line.

Anyway, this episode was the first one I really enjoyed from the season. I liked how the stantlers kept making Ash and Turtwig hallucinate, and how by the third time Ash totally forgot he was in an illusion. LOL It's also interesting that Ash actually remembered what he'd learned before about stantlers, probably in response to fans always complaining that he never remembers pokemon he's seen before. Too bad Turtwig lost its battle against Paul, though.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

So many episodes later with Paul, I'm still not completely sure how I feel about Paul. He's a real jerk to his pokemon and to other people, but at the same time he's an interesting character. It makes me wonder if he'll end up like Gary (going from evil to a nice guy) down the line.

Anyway, this episode was the first one I really enjoyed from the season. I liked how the stantlers kept making Ash and Turtwig hallucinate, and how by the third time Ash totally forgot he was in an illusion. LOL It's also interesting that Ash actually remembered what he'd learned before about stantlers, probably in response to fans always complaining that he never remembers pokemon he's seen before. Too bad Turtwig lost its battle against Paul, though.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

hm, that paul guy is such a strange guy if you ask me, anyway this episode was really nice though those "people are getting lost" episodes are getting standard.

It was a ok episode, Paul was careless for his Pokemon or for Ash..he will learn someday
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1308 View Post
    THe eppy was good, but the Stanler/mirage/desert/stuff thing was pointless.
    The 'Stanler/mirage/desert/stuff thing' was just Nintendo not knowing what else to put in the episode.

What the heck, I'm gonna cram another episode in today to wash the bad taste of DP005 outta my mouth. So here's Day 6...except a day early.

We were not used to rival treatment like this. Back in the day, we would see a rival maybe once every 30 episodes if we were lucky. Just look at Shigeru, for instance. This constant focus combined with Shinji's character in general really makes things feel refreshing in Diamond & Pearl on the rival front. Shinji had already been established as a prick to his Pokemon from Day One, and here we not only see how much of a stat elitist he is with Pokemon captures, but how heartless he is to other trainers. Moments like when Shinji totally blows off TR mid-motto or ditches Satoshi in the woods really made him an instant favorite when it aired, and in retrospect, it holds up as the easily most solid DP episode up to this point.

The battle between Naetle and Hikozaru is great; one hell of a lot better than the Shinji battle three episodes beforehand. It's certainly the most complex battle in the saga's first six episodes. The fact that this one doesn't end in a draw only fuels Satoshi's humiliation in the eyes of Shinji. The animation is excellent, and we even get some great bits of humor sprinkled throughout the episode, namely the illusion scenes and the whole Ursaring chase. Really, I have a hard time finding gripes about this episode other than that I would like to have seen a Sinnoh Pokemon debut here since it was still so early in the game. Holds up well today.

A-
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 22nd May 2009 at 7:43 AM.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Man, Paul is still mean! I liked the battle, but I wish Ash had won. The dream Ash and Turtwig had of flying the sky was funny but weird. Also, it was nice to see a Johto Pokemon in Sinnoh so early.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

paul is always 1 step ahead of ash. using razor leaf in the holes was smart. also using the holes to dodge and then biting chimchar's head was smart, but paul was a step ahead by telling chimchar to go in the hole(with turtwig still biting it)and using flame wheel. ash really needs to get on the defensive side with his pokemon.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

the music when ash was hipnotized was funny, also paul is stupid -.-

Too bad that Ash lost to Paul, it was awful.

Turtwig was not ready enough, Chimchar was much stronger.

9/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Yeah a battle between Paul and Ash.

I loved that this episode focuses on more character development, especially for Paul. I'm glad that Ash and Paul spent some time together in the forest.

There was also some character development for Turtwig, but it still seems bland to me :/
    I give this one a 4/10, just because early Sinnoh was boring.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Yeah a battle between Paul and Ash.

I loved that this episode focuses on more character development, especially for Paul. I'm glad that Ash and Paul spent some time together in the forest.

There was also some character development for Turtwig, but it still seems bland to me :/
    I give this one a 4/10, just because early Sinnoh was boring.
    They spent so much time that Paul actually helped him out by having Chimchar use ember on the Stantler. That was the only time we saw Paul help Ash out though.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

I hate that Team Rocket interrupted Paul and Ash's battle because it was getting really good. Turtwig is pretty tough for surviving all those fire attacks, although it lost in the end. I thought it was kinda funny how Ash was warned about the Stantler but still kept getting confused by their antlers. That Ursaring was pretty scary and now Paul has quite a powerhouse on his team. Good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by KGB13 View Post
    I hate that Team Rocket interrupted Paul and Ash's battle because it was getting really good. Turtwig is pretty tough for surviving all those fire attacks, although it lost in the end. I thought it was kinda funny how Ash was warned about the Stantler but still kept getting confused by their antlers. That Ursaring was pretty scary and now Paul has quite a powerhouse on his team. Good episode.
    Yes, I did not understand how he managed to survive against all Chimchar's fire attacks, and in the first battle Turtwig was suposed to lose so this time TR help actually to Ash. too bad that it lost in the rematch but it was too hard.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    Yes, I did not understand how he managed to survive against all Chimchar's fire attacks, and in the first battle Turtwig was suposed to lose so this time TR help actually to Ash. too bad that it lost in the rematch but it was too hard.
    Yes, it's endurance was incredible. I thought it was going to win before TR showed up and I was a little disappointed that it lost in the end. But it's still a pretty tough pokemon and a great addition to Ash's team.

Good episode, interesting that Turtwig kept ignoring Ash, I bet if he had listened that he could have won sort of.

I think that's the first time someone actually attacked TR during their motto, I always wondered why Ash and co didn't use that chance just to blast them off before they had a chance to do anything.
    Of course Paul lands on his feet along with Chimchar, he is sure quick.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

I'm skipping straight from dp 4 to dp 6. The important plot point from dp 5 is resolved in dp 6, so....You're not really missing anything other than Ash capturing Turtwig in dp 5.

This episode builds upon Turtwig's stubborn nature that was shown in the last episode, as Turtwig doesn't listen to Ash at the beginning of this episode in his battle against Paul. It's just, personally, I never really got caught up in this aspect of the storyline, and so it's resolution midway through the episode is not something that particularly moved me. I think Ash has been around for too long and trained too many different pokemon personalities for me to be intrigued by that. But Turtwig's willingness to listen to Ash is not the selling pt of this episode; it most certainly is Ash vs Paul at the end of the episode. And again, it's a wonderful battle and one of the best that's occurred in Sinnoh. One thing, I think (well, hope-no way to know for sure until the Sinnoh league is over), to keep in mind about this rivalry is that neither guy is completely right. That's hard to see in this episode, as Paul comes off looking like a total jerk after his victory over Ash.

Good episode. I liked to see Paul two pokemon. His wild Ursaring was very strong compared to a wild one.
    And I hoped for Ash's Turtwig to learn a new move...

Wow the writers didn't take long to bring Paul back into the picture. Like I said in the Episode 473 thread, the writers are trying to cram everything important into the first few episodes of the saga. In this episode Paul caught Ursaring which will be seen many times in the future. I liked Ash's strategy of having Turtwig jump in the hole. Ash has finally started using his brain and coming up with some strategies in these past few episodes. I wish you could use strategies like that in the games. Overall, a pretty good episode with some nice animation.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast