Page 954 of 1027 FirstFirst ... 8549049449509519529539549559569579589641004 ... LastLast
Results 23,826 to 23,850 of 25667

Thread: Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    The difference is they can always make up something from their Academy days that we haven't heard of until now. Tenten and Lee are the only two who didn't go to the academy with Naruto, but Rock Lee at least has a actually friendship with Naruto. Tenten and Naruto are just associated by the fact that both are fellow ninjas protecting the same village really. But for the others they can make up something from the Academy days. Just like we saw the hunting mission with Itachi and Sasuke, despite it coming out of nowhere and Sasuke was not a legal ninja at the time.
    But wasn't it already implied that he wasn't close to any of them as kids? I mean Hinata was too shy and I'm pretty sure that everyone else saw him as a joke. Come to think about about have they ever shown how Naruto and Sakura interacted in the academy?

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    But wasn't it already implied that he wasn't close to any of them as kids? I mean Hinata was too shy and I'm pretty sure that everyone else saw him as a joke. Come to think about about have they ever shown how Naruto and Sakura interacted in the academy?
    I didn't say when they think about their memories of Naruto they would all be positive. The whole point of it would be to compare how they saw him in the Academy days to the current day. That's what I would imagine they would be like. As for Naruto and Sakura interacting in the school, I'm sure she was a jerk like everyone else.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I didn't say when they think about their memories of Naruto they would all be positive. The whole point of it would be to compare how they saw him in the Academy days to the current day. That's what I would imagine they would be like. As for Naruto and Sakura interacting in the school, I'm sure she was a jerk like everyone else.
    Fair point. Though tbh I wouldn't want it not that I'm against seeing more K11 and Naruto interaction I just feel like it should be saved for after the fight. I'd expect that would be the case but I'm just surprised that we haven't seen how Sakura came to treat him how she treats him considering she was an outcast for quite a bit as a kid similar to how Naruto was. Especially considering how there's a flashback for everything but Naruto and Sakura's first encounter in this series.

Fair point. Though tbh I wouldn't want it not that I'm against seeing more K11 and Naruto interaction I just feel like it should be saved for after the fight. I'd expect that would be the case but I'm just surprised that we haven't seen how Sakura came to treat him how she treats him considering she was an outcast for quite a bit as a kid similar to how Naruto was.
    Sakura got accepted by Ino and I guess by associating with her she got somewhat popular, or at least enough to not be shunned like Naruto was. We can see in one of the flashbacks when Naruto and Sasuke sparred in the school days she verbally shouted for Sasuke to beat up Naruto along with the rest of the Sasuke groupies. So I think we should just assume she treated Naruto as badly as everyone else.

It's funny how apparently Naruto didn't have any friends when he was introduced, yet we saw through a flashback when he trained to learn the Rasengan that he at least got along decently with Shikamaru, Kiba, and Choji if I remember correctly, and they didn't seem to hate him or treat him like an outcast. Perhaps if we do get flashbacks when Naruto "dies," we'll see more of how Naruto got along with them.

I don't think they were mean to him 24 hours a day, plus since they were all in trouble themselves at the time, they probably were not going to turn on their own at the time. I don't think Shikamaru and Choji bullied Naruto, considering Choji himself gets bullied and Shikamaru had a higher tolerance for outcast then the rest of the Academy brats, but at the same time it didn't appear either were close to Naruto either. They probably just ignored him but didn't provoke him either.

Shikamaru seemed the closest to Naruto out of everyone. In addition to them hanging out as children, he was also the only person to go visit Naruto in the hospital, and they stuck together during the Chuunin Exam final.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

I don't think they were mean to him 24 hours a day, plus since they were all in trouble themselves at the time, they probably were not going to turn on their own at the time. I don't think Shikamaru and Choji bullied Naruto, considering Choji himself gets bullied and Shikamaru had a higher tolerance for outcast then the rest of the Academy brats, but at the same time it didn't appear either were close to Naruto either. They probably just ignored him but didn't provoke him either.
    That's better than them being his enemies though. They may not have been his friends, but at least they tolerated him and didn't bully him or say mean things behind his back. If Naruto does die and there are flashback scenes, then I'm all for it if it shows how the others saw Naruto grow and develop through the years.

I'll do with Naruto/Konoha 11 flashbacks but please no Madara sob story flashbacks. Kishi goes overboard with redeeming and humanizing every single character and for once I would love a major villain to not be redeemed or talk-no-jutsued into submission.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Shikamaru seemed the closest to Naruto out of everyone. In addition to them hanging out as children, he was also the only person to go visit Naruto in the hospital, and they stuck together during the Chuunin Exam final.
    I agree that Shikamaru was probably the nicest back then, though we didn't get to see Naruto and Shikamaru interact much in the Academy days, other then getting detention from Iruka. And among the Konoha 11 he seemed to be a better friend to Naruto then Sakura was. Like you said Shikamaru even visited him in the hospital.

I agree that Shikamaru was probably the nicest back then, though we didn't get to see Naruto and Shikamaru interact much in the Academy days, other then getting detention from Iruka. And among the Konoha 11 he seemed to be a better friend to Naruto then Sakura was. Like you said Shikamaru even visited him in the hospital.
    And I think he, Choji and Naruto caused a bit of trouble when they were younger. But, it was just messing with Hiruzen and ditching Iruka's class. I don't remember where I saw it though.

I'll do with Naruto/Konoha 11 flashbacks but please no Madara sob story flashbacks. Kishi goes overboard with redeeming and humanizing every single character and for once I would love a major villain to not be redeemed or talk-no-jutsued into submission.
    I agree about Kishi humanizing all the villains. It's unnecessary and ruins the point of having villains in the first place. I'm sure Madara will be humanized though. Kishi can't help himself apparently and I'm sure we'll get a flashback right before he dies that'll show more about his relationship with Izuna and how his death traumatized him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I agree about Kishi humanizing all the villains. It's unnecessary and ruins the point of having villains in the first place. I'm sure Madara will be humanized though. Kishi can't help himself apparently and I'm sure we'll get a flashback right before he dies that'll show more about his relationship with Izuna and how his death traumatized him.
    I'm cringing at the thought of it happening considering it seems so likely.

I got a topic question. Which character(s) do you think should have never been redeemed and/or should have died a villain?

I think Nagato is really the only character who's redeement made since. Since at first, he did try to help the world in positive way. In the ninja world, sometimes force is necessary to keep peace.

Gaara on the other hand, killed people for like, no reason. And lol at Itachi and Obito.

I got a topic question. Which character(s) do you think should have never been redeemed and/or should have died a villain?
    Sasori in my opinion. I felt that he was a good villain at first given that he killed hundreds of people and turned them into his puppets. Yet he chose to die and redeemed himself a bit through his suicide and also by giving Sakura information about Orochimaru. And even when he was revived he got to redeem himself again a bit by giving up after Kankuro used his own brand of talk no jutsu and telling him to pass on his puppets to the next generation.

Personally, I think it should have been Obito. He's done a lot of horrible deeds while working with the Akatsuki, yeah he was brainwashed by Madara, but Obito did the same to Sasuke. I think he should have stayed a villain.

I think Deidara is a legit villain. He wasn't talk no jutsu'd into submission and retained his villainous nature to the very end.

Hanzo also should've died a villain -.- I dont exactly know why I feel that way, but I just think he shouldn't have suicided. That was too lame imo
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Yeah and Deidara's reason for killing is kind of odd, but that makes him more of a villain to me. But, didn't have a soft spot for Kurotsuchi? Because she looks up to him as an older brother, so before he joined the Akatsuki, she was probably the only person he bonded with.

GREAT!

I stop reading Naruto in the chapter in which Naruto finally gets the fox extracted and he 'dies'!

52 weeks of knowing that Kishi will BS his way onwards and that the quality of this manga will continue to falter!

I hereby post the request that if this series end before 2015, that somebody notifies me.. Can somebody help me with that? Okay? Cool! Thanks!
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Somebody on here will make sure you get the message, Locormus.

As for the topic on a villain that shouldn't have been redeemed? Hmm. To be honest you guys, I kinda liked Itachi's crazy act on trying to steal Sasuke's eyes. He felt truly villainous, evil, and most of all unstoppable when Susanoo came out and he was all creepy going "My eyes!" Sasuke still had them and Itachi was already claiming them as his own. Seriously blind, bleeding, Susanoo armored Itachi coming for Sasuke's eyes was truly a scary moment in the manga, at least for me when I first read it. I was on the edge of my seat. Then they ruined it by Obito telling Sasuke the truth about Itachi, and while that did fill in some holes I had about Itachi, a part of me will always wish he truly wanted his little brothers eyes. Man that was a good chapter!

It's not really a redeeming villain, but I wasn't a fan of how they changed Gaara's backstory. Gaara felt less tragic when the truth about his origin came out. That Yashamaru and his mother truly did love him.

Lorde metioned Sasori. I can see why. His original death was good enough. Imo I thought Sasori kinda redeemed himself by letting Chiyo kill him and helping Sakura get info on where to find Orochimaru. They didn't need to expand on it.

Guys like Orochimaru, Obito, and Madara have no business getting redeemed. They are the true villains of the series and should stay that way after all the crap they have done.
    The only villain that truly needed the redeeming were Zabuza, Gaara, and Nagato that I can think of.

Everyone brought up some good points on the villains. For me the top villain who had no business being redeemed was Obito I mean from the moment the mask broke he was treated as Naruto's opposite. It made sense to have one of he final big bads be a counterpart to the protagonist. I mean he killed so many people and let's not forget that he was probably behind the bloody days of the Mist Village. He destroyed countless lives, started a war and had the intent on manipulating everyone through a super genjustsu. That alone should have solidified him as that one guy who would die a true villain. But then they reveal his sob story and change him from demented super genius to whiny butthurt fanboy who went overboard for a girl that obviously wouldn't have wanted that. That backstory could have been used for more then just to be used as some sort of redemption treatment. Him dying as he is would have served as a better message to everyone that even the best of people could end up dying as a villain. But instead he's was talk no jutsued into almost ending up exactly like how Nagato did and ended up being sacrificed to revive an even more outrageous villain and now is stuck being controlled by someone that everyone stopped caring about ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    Yeah and Deidara's reason for killing is kind of odd, but that makes him more of a villain to me. But, didn't have a soft spot for Kurotsuchi? Because she looks up to him as an older brother, so before he joined the Akatsuki, she was probably the only person he bonded with.
    Tbh Deidara would count but in all he's just a minor villain in comparison to the big bads we get. So his villainy while appreciated doesn't have much an affect when the real villains that we waste hundreds of chapters on are the ones who convert and basically waste everyone's time in the end.

I think reasons like these are why I liked Kisame's character so much. He didn't care about right or wrong, or any of the politics in the ninja world. He was a ninja, through and through, and would follow the most heinous orders regardless of the consequences.

His final moments killing himself could not have been written better.(which is saying a lot considering the **** that would follow)
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    I'm glad Deidara didn't get redeemed. He was a real villain, one of the few in this manga. And I agree with those who said that Obito shouldn't have been humanized and redeemed. He was a better character when he wore the mask and did awful things. But the moment the mask came off and his reasons for being a villain were revealed, his status as a villain deterioated in my opinion.

I really liked Kisame. He was probably the most "ninja" type ninja in the series. He was also insanly strong, but not to the point of being hax. I'd put as the 3rd strongest akatsuki member

Tbh Deidara would count but in all he's just a minor villain in comparison to the big bads we get. So his villainy while appreciated doesn't have much an affect when the real villains that we waste hundreds of chapters on are the ones who convert and basically waste everyone's time in the end.
    I see what you're saying, but what real villains do you mean? Obito and Madara?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I'm glad Deidara didn't get redeemed. He was a real villain, one of the few in this manga. And I agree with those who said that Obito shouldn't have been humanized and redeemed. He was a better character when he wore the mask and did awful things. But the moment the mask came off and his reasons for being a villain were revealed, his status as a villain deterioated in my opinion.
    I so agree with you when his mask was destroyed, that's when it all went downhill.

Page 954 of 1027 FirstFirst ... 8549049449509519529539549559569579589641004 ... LastLast