Page 816 of 1048 FirstFirst ... 716766806812813814815816817818819820826866916 ... LastLast
Results 20,376 to 20,400 of 26192

Thread: Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

  1. #20376
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    Kakashi confirmed her as dead when he died. He said he couldn't protect Rin when apologizing to Obito.
    He also confirmed Obito as dead, yet most people believe he's Tobi. I personally don't like the Rin theory, but it's possible that she didn't really die.

  2. #20377
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fond du lac, wisconsin
    Posts
    2,367

    Default

    I'd say bee is there simply to put over how much stronger naruto then became, same with the hachibi compared to the kyuubi.
    ----------------------------------

  3. #20378
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,670

    Default

    I just visited Naruto forums hoping to see if any spoilers had been posted, but it's obviously too early for that. Still, I laughed out loud at some of the threads there. The people who are against the Tobi is Obito theory are already doing damage control ahead of this week's chapter; first they said that there was no way Tobi had anything to do with Obito, then they said that Tobi only had Obito's eye, and now they're saying that even if Tobi has Obito's body, it doesn't necessarily mean that he's Obito. They're trying to cover their tracks, but it's just getting silly. Soon they'll be saying that even though Tobi has Obito's memories, it isn't really him. I bet Kishi could confirm the theory, and people would still not believe it.

    Anyway, since it's possible that Tobi's identity will be revealed today/tomorrow, I'm going to stick with the notion that he is Obito.

  4. #20379
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    I still say that it's not Obito, but I have no theory on who it actually is so I'll pretend it's Obito and be all "I knew it" when it is Obito (since that's the most likely theory).

    Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

  5. #20380
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,798

    Default

    I like that we all seem to have the same consensus here. It will make an alternate revelation (there won't be.) more shocking. I'm really excited for the chapter, even though I don't expect a full-blown reveal. At most, I think we'll see the full face as the last page leading into chapter 600.

    breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

  6. #20381
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    I disagree that it is Obito under the mask and would love to see how Kishi will explain away how he is now the (formerly) masked madman named Tobi.

  7. #20382
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,382

    Default

    This Obito is Tobi business, hmph. I suppose next they expect me to believe that Haku's really a guy. Ha! I guess we're going to find out soon enough. But I wonder if they'll defeat Tobi in this fight or he escapes and lives to play a bigger role later on? I would suspect when Tobi goes down the war ends, or is at the verge of ending. Right? But as long as Tobi's not a future version of Sasuke I'm happy. Don't do it Kishimoto.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  8. #20383
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    I disagree that it is Obito under the mask and would love to see how Kishi will explain away how he is now the (formerly) masked madman named Tobi.
    Let's be honest though. No matter who Tobi really is, Kishi will have a lot of explaining to do. If Tobi is Obito, Izuna or Shisui, Kishi will have to explain how they came back to life and why they decided to turn evil. And if Tobi is Madara's/Zetsu's clone, future Sasuke or some other character, Kishi will have a hard time keeping things consistent.

    Either way, Kishi is going to be very busy for the next few weeks.

  9. #20384
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,796

    Default

    One of the many who seriously doubt it's gonna be Obito. But honestly, I'll be willing to admit I could possibility be mistaken if Tobi actually does turn out to be Obito, simply because this is Kishi we're talking about here and I will still call fail if there's not an excellent explanation to go along with the reveal.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  10. #20385
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    I disagree that it is Obito under the mask and would love to see how Kishi will explain away how he is now the (formerly) masked madman named Tobi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    This Obito is Tobi business, hmph. I suppose next they expect me to believe that Haku's really a guy. Ha! I guess we're going to find out soon enough. But I wonder if they'll defeat Tobi in this fight or he escapes and lives to play a bigger role later on? I would suspect when Tobi goes down the war ends, or is at the verge of ending. Right? But as long as Tobi's not a future version of Sasuke I'm happy. Don't do it Kishimoto.
    Oh boy.. How wrong... Because, he now is, in fact OBITO, asked whether he is Obito? :P Damn troll.. -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    One of the many who seriously doubt it's gonna be Obito. But honestly, I'll be willing to admit I could possibility be mistaken if Tobi actually does turn out to be Obito, simply because this is Kishi we're talking about here and I will still call fail if there's not an excellent explanation to go along with the reveal.
    Lol, well of course it's only gonna be told at the end, you've got to wait another week for the beginning of the explanation! :P

    Oh god, the troll is even harder, we have a flashback from Kakashi and Gai, and at the end he basically asks whether Tobi is Obito or not.. WHAT THE FLUP WAS THE POINT OF BREAKING THE MASK THEN!!! :S
    Last edited by Locormus; 29th August 2012 at 10:33 AM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  11. #20386
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,122

    Default

    Wow. Just wow. Finally, the mask is gone. And...just read it for yourself. I've noticed some inconsistencies with this chapter and previous knowledge we have though.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

  12. #20387
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,286

    Default

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    I knew it! Everybody knew it! All this buildup, wasted because everyone and their grandmother guessed it years ago!

    I knew Kishimoto would've gone the obvious route.

    Wow. This chapter felt short. Would've been nice to have some dialogue in those flashbacks.

    Is it just me, or did Guy look stupider as a kid than Lee did? I mean, that's not much of an accomplishment, but come on...
    Last edited by lolipiece; 29th August 2012 at 1:16 PM.

  13. #20388
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    where?
    Posts
    373

    Default

    It is obito!!! kishi: trololololol

  14. #20389
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    I loved the last page narration acting like the reveal was a big shock or surprise to anyone.

    Now all we need is a bridge between the Obito we saw this chapter and his Tobi persona.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  15. #20390
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    You know,
    Obito seem to had similar personality has Naruto !
    Both of them were underdog and Both of them was in love with their teammate who had a major crush on their rival!
    I wonder how he gone to the dark side ?
    Is Rin's death has anything to do with it !
    Last edited by vodor; 29th August 2012 at 1:38 PM.

  16. #20391
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    Obito seem to had similar personality has Naruto !
    Both of them were underdog and Both of them was in love with their teammate who had a major crush on their rival!!
    Exactly, I found that interesting. He's set up as some sort of evil counterpart to Naruto now, or a... "Naruto gone evil".
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  17. #20392
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the sea~
    Posts
    1,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    I wonder how he gone to the dark side ?
    Is Rin's death has anything to do with it !
    It's the cookies.
    That could be the cause, but why would he pretend to be dead?


  18. #20393
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,440

    Default

    Well Tobi and Obito are officially ruined as characters. Now they're a bitter guy motivated by revenge that hasn't moved on. Obito's once noble sacrifice has been tainted and Tobi is just another revenge driven villain who used to be friends with a main character.

  19. #20394
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    You know,
    Obito seem to had similar personality has Naruto !
    Both of them were underdog and Both of them was in love with their teammate who had a major crush on their rival!
    I wonder how he gone to the dark side ?
    Is Rin's death has anything to do with it !
    I really wanna know how he isn't dead. I can almost imagine why he turned evil. BUT WHY IS HE ALIVE?

    Anyway, let's take a look at this now. When Obito's face was crushed the part that was crushed matches with this new Obito's face. Obviously he'd still have his right Sharingan, but where'd he get his left one? He turned evil just because he's upset (and maybe saw something in Naruto after a while that reminded him of himself?).
    Last edited by DucksGoMooful; 29th August 2012 at 2:32 PM.

    Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

  20. #20395
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    I really wanna know how he isn't dead. I can almost imagine why he turned evil. BUT WHY IS HE ALIVE?
    That part isn't so hard when you consider his ability. However unless Zetsu was involved why he didn't return to Konoha after getting out is the real mystery.

  21. #20396
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash View Post
    That part isn't so hard when you consider his ability. However unless Zetsu was involved why he didn't return to Konoha after getting out is the real mystery.
    But what ability is that? He wouldn't have had the space-time jutsu back then (unless he was practising with Minato or something).

    Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

  22. #20397
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,382

    Default

    Well sometimes the obvious suspect is the obvious choice and since many guessed it was Obito years ago looks like Kishi didn't bother to make in something else. How funny would it be if Obito is just a dead body like the Pains and being controlled by Rin? That little she devil is probably the reason he went bad XD but in all seriousness it was interesting to see how Kakashi, Obito, and Rin mirrored early Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura. Like Ver-mont and Vodor said it's like Obito is a path Naruto could have taken, because from the chapter it looks like Rin was a big part of his character, maybe not the main part, but she sure was a big part. There's still som questions that need to be answered but I'm sure they will. It sucks that Obito is corrupted. Until now I considered him the only honest Uchiha not going down a dark road, but I guess that is the fate of Uchiha's.

    Yes! No future Sasuke! This made my day.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  23. #20398
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,670

    Default

    Let it be known that Tobi is Obito. Just as everyone who paid attention to the hints (which were numerous and obvious) predicted. I loved the flashback to his life at the start of the chapter; it made things more dramatic, and also very sad. It sucks that Obito's life changed and he became a villain for whatever reason.

  24. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    How funny would it be if Obito is just a dead body like the Pains and being controlled by Rin? That little she devil is probably the reason he went bad)

    Wouldn't surprise me one bit...........

  25. #20400
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Let it be known that Tobi is Obito. Just as everyone who paid attention to the hints (which were numerous and obvious) predicted. I loved the flashback to his life at the start of the chapter; it made things more dramatic, and also very sad. It sucks that Obito's life changed and he became a villain for whatever reason.
    Yeah, I really liked this chapter, but it feels almost like it was a waste of a week, now we have to wait another week for the explanation. Also, they could've named it something else. I'm sure Obito's reasons were pure.

    Are we going to keep referring to him as Tobi anymore, or are we just going to call him Obito from now on?

    Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

Page 816 of 1048 FirstFirst ... 716766806812813814815816817818819820826866916 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •