Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Discussion Thread

Default Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Discussion Thread

Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS airs in April 2017 on Wednesdays.

Summary

http://i.imgur.com/39Wl2FU.jpg

The series will star a new protagonist, Yusaku Fujiki, and takes place in a high-school setting, featuring Virtual Reality Duels in a cyberspace constructed with the latest technology called Link VRAINS.
    In this new kind of Duel, the players transform and Duel on some form of hoverboards.
    It focuses on (and introduces) a new type of Summoning that is called "Link Summoning".
    Characters

Yusaku Fujiki
    http://i.imgur.com/HRcbWna.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/JTFo9Yo.jpg

Yusaku Fujiki is a high-schooler and a hacker who doesn't like standing out.
    However, he gets drawn into encounters with people as he tries out Dueling for once.

-Cool-headed and extremely clever. His real skill is in his hacking and cracking abilities. He’s also good at reading people and thinks on his feet.
    -When Yusaku enters Virtual Reality Duel, he becomes “Account Name: Playmaker”, radically transforming his appearance.
    Link VRAINS

http://i.imgur.com/MxY93fJ.jpg

Link VRAINS is the location where Virtual Reality Duels take place in the Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS.
    It is described as "a cyberspace constructed with the latest technology". Data codes can be seen across the Duel field.

Duelists use boards to Duel and are used to ride the “Data Wind”. Duelists will change forms when they Duel in Link VRAINS, similar to avatars.
    Last edited by Blaze Master X; 22nd February 2017 at 12:39 AM.

The show is still two months away. Ain't it a little earlier for this thread to exist?

We can talk Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS here and anything else in the old thread. We'll probably close the ARC-V thread when VRAINS starts or when ARC-V ends.

Is it just me or does the monster behind Yusaku look like some type of Buster Blader?

who doesn't like standing out.
    Well I'm happy you did it! Jaden's the only one who still doesn't have spiky multi colored hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    who doesn't like standing out.
    Well I'm happy you did it! Jaden's the only one who still doesn't have spiky multi colored hair.
    About that...

Quote Originally Posted by Jps101 View Post
    Is it just me or does the monster behind Yusaku look like some type of Buster Blader?
    I think it's called Decode Talker. I like its design, tho it seems to have a drawback since when summoned, it opens up the monster card zone across from it in which the opponent can summon a monster from their Extra Deck into.

After starting 5D's and Zexal late, I learned to just watch the show from the start because I'm clearly going to always enjoy Yugioh. Link Summon seems pretty interesting, hoping they'll include the other Extra Deck cards in the series, would help showcase a part of Link Monsters mechanics too. Have a new type too; which unlike Wyrms, Cyber type will be showcased a bit(Considering the main character uses them).

Virtual Reality duels seem interesting, but Solid Vision seemed the best(Albeit, most dangerous), I'm sure the monsters will still have some nice expressions from time to time though. Wonder what type of death awaits the characters, lost/trapped in cyberspace seems the best bet for now.

I'm excited for it.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)