Page 802 of 1047 FirstFirst ... 702752792798799800801802803804805806812852902 ... LastLast
Results 20,026 to 20,050 of 26165

Thread: Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

  1. #20026
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by multi-scale View Post
    AT this point I'm suspecting Tobi's face will never be revealed just because Kishimoto can't sastify everyone after all the buildup. Future Sasuke kind of makes sense because Tobi knows Space-Time ninjutsu, but that would be too ****ed up. It might be Izuna because at some point he stated he was weaker than Madara and they both know each other really well, but we're once again faced with the issue on how he knows Kakashi and Guy so well. At this point it could be Sasuke's dad just because he hates Konoha and he wasn't with Itachi and Sasuke during the attack. It better be good though. Making it a new character would totally kill all the hype.
    I don't think he's Sasuke's dad; Itachi and Sasuke would have recognized him if that was the case. I do think Tobi was involved with the Uchiha clan right before he attacked Konoha though. It just seems too convenient that all the adult Uchiha clan members were missing during the Kyuubi's attack. They had to know something.

  2. #20027
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I don't think he's Sasuke's dad; Itachi and Sasuke would have recognized him if that was the case. I do think Tobi was involved with the Uchiha clan right before he attacked Konoha though. It just seems too convenient that all the adult Uchiha clan members were missing during the Kyuubi's attack. They had to know something.
    We don't know who all was missing. The only two said to be were their parents. Personally though, I think it's Kagami.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  3. #20028
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,578

    Default

    I don't think it's Kagami. He would've been too old for a villain, and Tobi seems to be pretty young. The only thing he has going for him is that he's an Uchiha who Kakashi and Guy might've known in the past. But to be quite honest, Tobi's comment about faces might have been taken out of context to start with.

  4. #20029
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
        Spoiler:- img:


    NEJI, HINATA, INO, what did they do to you!? Especially, Hinata....

    God, this movie is stupid....
    I for one love situations where characters are completely different then they were originally, just like whenever characters switch from a protagonist to antagonist role and vice versa, get to see more from them that way, and it's great for "what ifs".

    I plan to actually watch the movie this time, never have with any others, but this just appeals to me greatly.

    Shino is a Bug exterminator, all arguments are invalid >: D

    Quote Originally Posted by LexSuicune View Post
    At this point no one can tell me that it's not Obito lol
    It's not Obito. There I just told you :3
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  5. #20030
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I don't think it's Kagami. He would've been too old for a villain, and Tobi seems to be pretty young. The only thing he has going for him is that he's an Uchiha who Kakashi and Guy might've known in the past. But to be quite honest, Tobi's comment about faces might have been taken out of context to start with.
    I'm 100% positive that he was just talking about how Gai never remembered Kisame even though they fought on three different occasions. I also doubt it's Kagami. He was only shown one time and wasn't important to the plot or anything for that matter. It can't be Fugaku because Itachi killed him and we saw that he accepted that. The only theories that can hold weight right now are Obito and future Sasuke. Izuna died after his eyes were taken/given. What's wrong with the Obito theory though is that Obito has no reason to hate Konoha and the fact that Tobi appears way older than Obito would be.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

  6. #20031
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,795

    Default

    Well the only reason I suspect Kagami is because he's one of the few Uchiha's named from Madara's time and has a connection to two Hokages. I just don't see him being named and abandoned. Instead, I could see him ending up like Shisui, a regular character when introduced who later on is revealed to have been a powerhouse.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  7. #20032
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,794

    Default

    Late to the party, but I've been out of the country and couldn't post. I'll post my usual thoughts because this was an awesome chapter.

    - Ten Tails? Did I miss another chapter?
    - Oh god. Tobi kept the remains from the Taka vs Bee battle. At least this twist is plausible.
    - Kurama speaking through Naruto is cool. Weird how he changes appearance when Bee doesn't though.
    - Conspiracy: Tobi speaks to Kakashi personally by name, but not Guy, Naruto or Bee.
    - So the more tails you have, the stronger the beast? Looks like I was wrong.
    - Ten Tails is Groudon and Kyogre. Ruby/Sapphire 2 hint!!!111

    Like I said, a very nice chapter that I enjoyed a lot. It confuses me why Tobi even fought against Naruto and Bee though, if he could have summoned the Ten Tails right away when Kin and Gin died. And is Tobi planning to become the jinchuuriki? I wouldn't mind seeing him die like the     Spoiler:- FMA Spoiler:

    breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

  8. #20033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    I'm 100% positive that he was just talking about how Gai never remembered Kisame even though they fought on three different occasions. I also doubt it's Kagami. He was only shown one time and wasn't important to the plot or anything for that matter. It can't be Fugaku because Itachi killed him and we saw that he accepted that. The only theories that can hold weight right now are Obito and future Sasuke. Izuna died after his eyes were taken/given. What's wrong with the Obito theory though is that Obito has no reason to hate Konoha and the fact that Tobi appears way older than Obito would be.
    Tobi said so himself: He wants 'peace' for the ninja world. For someone who grew up during a time of constant war, it's plausible for that being Obito's reasoning, a sick, twisted version of peace. Though the reason he hates Konoha? Hmmm, Orochimaru seems to know a lot. Isn't it possible he could have found Obito, and twisted him like he did Kabuto? Also, the reason Tobi seems older, well, think about it. We saw one side of his face, and it looked older, with some wrinkles, but that would also have been the side where the boulder crushed his face. Isn't it possible that could be the reason? Now, I'm not saying that Tobi is Obito for sure, but those are some factors to think about.

    Name: Flare
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


    Planned Pokemon Y Team:



    Planned Pokemon X Team:



    3DS FC is: 1220 7327 1929. Feel free to add me!

  9. #20034
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Late to the party, but I've been out of the country and couldn't post. I'll post my usual thoughts because this was an awesome chapter.

    - Ten Tails? Did I miss another chapter?
    - Oh god. Tobi kept the remains from the Taka vs Bee battle. At least this twist is plausible.
    - Kurama speaking through Naruto is cool. Weird how he changes appearance when Bee doesn't though.
    - Conspiracy: Tobi speaks to Kakashi personally by name, but not Guy, Naruto or Bee.
    - So the more tails you have, the stronger the beast? Looks like I was wrong.
    - Ten Tails is Groudon and Kyogre. Ruby/Sapphire 2 hint!!!111

    Like I said, a very nice chapter that I enjoyed a lot. It confuses me why Tobi even fought against Naruto and Bee though, if he could have summoned the Ten Tails right away when Kin and Gin died. And is Tobi planning to become the jinchuuriki? I wouldn't mind seeing him die like the     Spoiler:- FMA Spoiler:
    I'm pretty sure using the Chakra from the Gold and Silver brothers was just a back up. He probably wanted to get the beasts, but since it's harder than he thought he'll make do with the Chakra.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heartlessangel17 View Post
    Tobi said so himself: He wants 'peace' for the ninja world. For someone who grew up during a time of constant war, it's plausible for that being Obito's reasoning, a sick, twisted version of peace. Though the reason he hates Konoha? Hmmm, Orochimaru seems to know a lot. Isn't it possible he could have found Obito, and twisted him like he did Kabuto? Also, the reason Tobi seems older, well, think about it. We saw one side of his face, and it looked older, with some wrinkles, but that would also have been the side where the boulder crushed his face. Isn't it possible that could be the reason? Now, I'm not saying that Tobi is Obito for sure, but those are some factors to think about.
    That's not it though. Why would Obito want to kill the Uchiha clan? Remember he helped Itachi with that. Also, Obito has no reason to want to destroy Konoha. There are a lot of things that don't add up with the Obito theory, some being the lack of explanation of the things I've mentioned. How would Obito have gotten on Minato's level of skill in such a short time? He could barely fight a Jonin, but now he is Kage level? For now I'm saying Tobi is Tobi. I'm not going to try and guess who it is. Until his mask is off and it is confirmed who he is, then he's just Tobi to me, nothing more.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

  10. #20035
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,578

    Default

    I could've sworn that I mentioned at least one way for Obito's power level to have risen, and given what we've seen in this manga before, it seemed possible. Anyway, Tobi doesn't have any powerful techniques. All he can really do is teleport and become intangible, which is probably through the use of the same technique. It's not like he was able to defeat Minato or anything; in the end, his teleportation technique wasn't able to stand up to Minato's, and he had to run away like a dog with his tail between his legs. People keep saying that he was on Minato's level, but that's obviously not the case since his plans were foiled.

  11. #20036
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    I bet , The Ten Tail Beast will turn on Tobi and kill him!
    Then he probably will adsorb Nine tail Fox & Eight Tail Ox to gain his true form!

  12. #20037
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I could've sworn that I mentioned at least one way for Obito's power level to have risen, and given what we've seen in this manga before, it seemed possible. Anyway, Tobi doesn't have any powerful techniques. All he can really do is teleport and become intangible, which is probably through the use of the same technique. It's not like he was able to defeat Minato or anything; in the end, his teleportation technique wasn't able to stand up to Minato's, and he had to run away like a dog with his tail between his legs. People keep saying that he was on Minato's level, but that's obviously not the case since his plans were foiled.
    Tobi came close to defeating Minato twice and had Minato on the run most of the fight. Minato had to resort to a surprise attack to score a hit that barely did major damage and as we have since seen, wouldn't have stopped Tobi if he had wanted to continue the fight, not when he had access to Izanagi haxness. Nor did Minato really foil anything. At best, he delayed Tobi's plan for a short while, but outside of plot reasons, there was nothing preventing Tobi from simply returning the next day and finishing things.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  13. #20038
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,285

    Default

    OK, saw the movie chapter.

    I was...alright, actually. Though the movie still looks stupid.

    Though, honestly, it didn't feel like much of a Naruto chapter.

  14. #20039
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    303

    Default

    I recon orochimaru is gonna revive the first hokage in order to defeat whoever is still behind that mask :P
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

  15. #20040
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Tobi came close to defeating Minato twice and had Minato on the run most of the fight. Minato had to resort to a surprise attack to score a hit that barely did major damage and as we have since seen, wouldn't have stopped Tobi if he had wanted to continue the fight, not when he had access to Izanagi haxness. Nor did Minato really foil anything. At best, he delayed Tobi's plan for a short while, but outside of plot reasons, there was nothing preventing Tobi from simply returning the next day and finishing things.
    I think you're giving Tobi too much credit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Moth View Post
    I recon orochimaru is gonna revive the first hokage in order to defeat whoever is still behind that mask :P
    Hashirama's soul cannot be revived because it was sealed inside the God of Death.

  16. #20041
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sootopolis City
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Well the only reason I suspect Kagami is because he's one of the few Uchiha's named from Madara's time and has a connection to two Hokages. I just don't see him being named and abandoned. Instead, I could see him ending up like Shisui, a regular character when introduced who later on is revealed to have been a powerhouse.
    This seems plausible. Something that has been in my mind these days is that Obito and Kagami are actually the same. Don't know how far-fetched that sounds but we've been through more complicated scenarios, I think.
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

  17. #20042
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    OK, saw the movie chapter.

    I was...alright, actually. Though the movie still looks stupid.

    Though, honestly, it didn't feel like much of a Naruto chapter.
    The bath one? It wasn't that great. It's nice to see the Konoha 11 interacting, but I would rather it be in a less perverted way. The last panel with all of the Akatsuki revived almost redeemed it though.

    breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

  18. #20043
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,578

    Default

    Yeah the one-shot was just plain weird. I would have preferred something with the alternate-reality characters, not just some story about a bath house.

  19. #20044
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I think you're giving Tobi too much credit.
    How so? The series has shown that Tobi can use Izanagi and can take quite a bit of damage without slowing down. We also saw that he could enter Konoha without anyone knowing about it. According to Itachi, he had been coming and going for some time. If he could enter Konoha to read the tablet and murder a bunch of Uchiha's, then he could have just as easily entered to grab baby Naruto, since at that point no one was even aware of his existences.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  20. #20045
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    How so? The series has shown that Tobi can use Izanagi and can take quite a bit of damage without slowing down. We also saw that he could enter Konoha without anyone knowing about it. According to Itachi, he had been coming and going for some time. If he could enter Konoha to read the tablet and murder a bunch of Uchiha's, then he could have just as easily entered to grab baby Naruto, since at that point no one was even aware of his existences.
    Konan beat him except that Izanagi was hax enough to let him win.

    While Tobi isn't weak, he certainly isn't the strongest in direct combat. Also Minato had Tobi beat for the most part.

  21. #20046
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Konan beat him except that Izanagi was hax enough to let him win.

    While Tobi isn't weak, he certainly isn't the strongest in direct combat. Also Minato had Tobi beat for the most part.
    Konan was able to do so good because Tobi allowed her. He knew she had something planned and wanted to see what it was. And while Tobi isn't the strongest in direct combat, his abilities give him a huge edge. That's the thing. Had Tobi not left, what could Minato have possibly done to him when he had already employed his ace for relatively minor damage?
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  22. #20047
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Konan was able to do so good because Tobi allowed her. He knew she had something planned and wanted to see what it was. And while Tobi isn't the strongest in direct combat, his abilities give him a huge edge. That's the thing. Had Tobi not left, what could Minato have possibly done to him when he had already employed his ace for relatively minor damage?
    Relatively minor damage? Minato got a Rasengan on Tobi and canceled the contract with Kurama at the same time. If Minato wasn't distracted by Kurama attacking then Minato would have won against Tobi.

    All Tobi has shown us is that he is a one trick pony with teleportation and phasing out of existence.

    I'll add my 2 cents to the who the hell is Tobi theories.

    I believe that Tobi is actually Shisui Uchiha.

  23. #20048
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the sea~
    Posts
    1,883

    Default

    Nice to see the color pages.

    Other than that, it's a bunch of fighting. Nothing worth mentioning. This sort of thing is better seen animated, so yeah.

    Though I do wonder why Kamui doesn't work on the statue.


  24. #20049
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,122

    Default

    Whoever said we're over estimating Tobi is pretty much shut up in this chapter. Holy crap is he good. Mask is starting to crack. Face reveal soon?
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

  25. #20050
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,285

    Default

    Pissing me off here. Where's the Ten Tails, dammit?

Page 802 of 1047 FirstFirst ... 702752792798799800801802803804805806812852902 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •