Page 853 of 994 FirstFirst ... 753803843849850851852853854855856857863903953 ... LastLast
Results 21,301 to 21,325 of 24836

Thread: Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Agility View Post
    I wasn't necessarily comparing their "places", it was more Sakura, Naruto, and Kakashi keeping their faith in him even in the face of adversity. You honestly cannot say that the villager's will be less hostile to Sasuke when he returns as they were to Naruto. They'll probably be even more so, as he's done much more terrible things as a missing-nin than Naruto on his own ever did.

Also, Sakura's EARLY crush certainly can't compare to Hinata's on Naruto, but now, I think a case can be made for it. Whether it's unhealthy or not, we've seen it continue, and even she's struggled with it herself. If you listen to her Japanese dialogue, especially in the few episodes leading up to where they confront Sasuke later in the series, she's confused about both Naruto AND why she's bothering with Sasuke. She ultimately decides he needs to be killed, and resolves to do it herself. Hinata doesn't have near the amount of conflict around Naruto, besides the fact he's an airhead. That's why I find SasuSaku scads more interesting than NaruHina, not necessarily the characters themselves, but the relationships.

In fact, Sakura's really the only other person besides Naruto that he really opened up to. Considering his personality, I literally cannot see anyone else that'd he'd want to bother with regarding restoring his clan. Again, that's just me.
    Whatever her Japanese dialogue was, I didn't hear it because I don't watch the anime. Nor do I consider anything from the anime that wasn't in the manga canon with the series, unless the manga creates a page and tells me to watch this episode of Naruto for details, which has not happened. While I'm not huge on Naruto and Hinata's shipping, really it is higly overrated, I still think it's better then Sasuke and Sakura. Sakura and Sasuke just looks shallow to me. I honestly don't care that Sakura constantly cries over Sasuke. IMO she's better off without him. Naruto is the only real character I felt Sasuke had a positive relationship with even if it was a brotherly rivalry on a day to day basis. Yes he's had moments with Kakashi and Sakura as well too, but why Sakura is so in love with this guy, I'll never know. I have more sympathy for Karin then I do Sakura. Unlike Sakura, they actually gave a backstory as to why Karin developed a crush on Sasuke. Was it the best written? Not really but at least it was better then "Oh he's popular and hot! I must date him." When Sasuke betrayed Karin, that was tough, I actually cared despite how brief their relationship was. If Sasuke and Sakura had been like childhood friends and they like both had some kind of real friendship going for them and then Sasuke turns evil, I would have felt bad for Sakura. But as of how it's been written so far, I don't care.

I already made a post on how I thought Sakura should have been written, but I'm not the writer so I'll trust Kishi to do something with her soon. I like the character I just dislike how she's been written as a desperate Sasuke lover. She literally has nothing else going for her other then Sasuke. Even Ino had Shikamaru and Choji to fall back on when she wasn't a rival for Sasuke's love and that is exactly what happened. With no Sasuke, Ino barely mentions Sasuke if at all. I think she cried when Danzo gave the okay to have him killed. Sorry this is so long. Reason it is, is because I actually like Sakura but am frustrated on how she's been portrayed. She had the potential to be one of the best written characters of this series if not the best one. If I didn't like Sakura I wouldn't care what they did with her.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Well this chapter was ok. I mean It was nothing but NaruHina tease. To me,even if I support NaruHina is nothing but a friend helping a friend out. I didn't see it confirmed. Hinata loved Naruto cause he didn't give up. He followed his own path to become strong and he was just like her a failure. She watched him from behind and kept supporting him from the start unlike the others whom called him a loser. This was great for Naruto and Hinata. But nothing was set in stone. I would say don't get your hopes up NaruHina. Well not until the next chapter to see how this turns out. Kishimoto is known for cliffhangers and game changers. So most didn't know that he was willing to kill off Neji. Whom wouldn't say that Kishi will kill Hinata. We don't know anything yet. As for NaruSaku: I can't say NaruHina won yet. I say give some closure to NaruSaku. Naruto finally understanding Hinata's feelings but I have that feeling that he still loves Sakura to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    I guess with Neji dead that basically confirms that Rock Lee x Tenten will happen right? I think the Ten-Tails final form will be a rabbit.
    If they both survive, that is.

Doesn't Lee still have a crush on Sakura? Maybe that'll happen. I just don't want to see her end up with Sasuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Doesn't Lee still have a crush on Sakura? Maybe that'll happen. I just don't want to see her end up with Sasuke.
    But her and Sasuke-kun are destined for each other. The fact that she couldn't kill him before and that she was thinking about him even in the middle of a war pretty much confirms that. Plus all the other little hints. I mean who else would take him? Karin? She doesn't care about him anymore apparently. Even Ino has moved on.

If they both survive, that is.

His crush was never anything real serious. They just over emphasize on it and stretch it out to seem like obsession in the Rock Lee show/manga.

Quote Originally Posted by JetshipperKekkaishi View Post
    Well this chapter was ok. I mean It was nothing but NaruHina tease. To me,even if I support NaruHina is nothing but a friend helping a friend out. I didn't see it confirmed. Hinata loved Naruto cause he didn't give up. He followed his own path to become strong and he was just like her a failure. She watched him from behind and kept supporting him from the start unlike the others whom called him a loser. This was great for Naruto and Hinata. But nothing was set in stone. I would say don't get your hopes up NaruHina. Well not until the next chapter to see how this turns out. Kishimoto is known for cliffhangers and game changers. So most didn't know that he was willing to kill off Neji. Whom wouldn't say that Kishi will kill Hinata. We don't know anything yet. As for NaruSaku: I can't say NaruHina won yet. I say give some closure to NaruSaku. Naruto finally understanding Hinata's feelings but I have that feeling that he still loves Sakura to some degree.
    I agree with NaruHina is not set in stone. While I'm not begging for it, I'd prefer it over NaruSaku. NaruSaku is nearly dead after Sakura's fake confession. It's confirmed Sakura still loves Sasuke, for whatever reason she still loves him. I hope Naruto moves on from Sakura. Your first crush doesn't always have to be the chick you end up with for life. Back in 2008-2009 I admit I loved to ship Naruto and Sakura but the more time passes the more I realize it's not a good ship. It would be forced and fake after the confession.

I'd say the romance plot is pretty clear at this point

The story is near over, and NaruHina's been the only romance to get some serious attention during this arc. And from both sides for a change.

Other than those two getting together, we might see some ship tease in an epilogue timeskip for other characters, I suppose
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 29th December 2012 at 5:55 PM.
    ~ X ~

I actually kinda want Obito and Madara to win. The friendship and hope thing gets kind of annoying after they use it as the way to win in almost every major fight. But we all know who is going to win in the end.

Kind of off-topic at the moment but five bucks Orochimaru, Sasuke and co. are going to search something related to the Rikudou Sennin.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoX View Post
    Kind of off-topic at the moment but five bucks Orochimaru, Sasuke and co. are going to search something related to the Rikudou Sennin.
    I'll bet the jar of Hashirama's DNA that Madara keeps in his hideout that you are right.
    Last edited by J Ken; 29th December 2012 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    I'll bet a jar of Hashirama's DNA that Madara keeps in his hideout that you are right.
    Just inject some of that into Sasuke and you have a new Rinnegan.

Everyone is so obsessed with Hashirama that it wouldn't surprise me if Orochimaru had some of his DNA left. He did help Danzo with his arm, right?

I don't think Kishi would give Sasuke the Rinnegan... unless it's his big power up to be a threat to Obito and Madara. Either way, I don't see it happening.

[Not Made by Me]

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoX View Post
    But how would the Sage of Six Paths relate to the Uchiha clan? He was the ancestor of their clan and the Senju clan but he died way before they were even established. Sasuke said he wanted to learn the truth and it doesn't seem like the Sage of Six Paths' history is the first place to start looking.

Quote Originally Posted by SenorLaughsaLot View Post
    Just inject some of that into Sasuke and you have a new Rinnegan.

Everyone is so obsessed with Hashirama that it wouldn't surprise me if Orochimaru had some of his DNA left. He did help Danzo with his arm, right?

I don't think Kishi would give Sasuke the Rinnegan... unless it's his big power up to be a threat to Obito and Madara. Either way, I don't see it happening.
    What benefit would Orochimaru get out of giving Sasuke the Rinnegan? Orochimaru knows well enough that Sasuke was the one that killed him, and he was even mocking Sasuke for bringing him back to life. I believe Orochimaru also said that he didn't want to interfere in the war. Sasuke could, of course, but the Rinnegan would be on behalf of Orochimaru.

What benefit would Orochimaru get out of giving Sasuke the Rinnegan? Orochimaru knows well enough that Sasuke was the one that killed him, and he was even mocking Sasuke for bringing him back to life. I believe Orochimaru also said that he didn't want to interfere in the war. Sasuke could, of course, but the Rinnegan would be on behalf of Orochimaru.
    None at all. It was meant as a joke before. >.< But you're still right.
    Although, the obsession part I did mean. There's Hashirama cells everywhere...

Ah, yes, he did say he didn't want to interfere. He said he was taking Sasuke to a place he knows well. Do you think he means the Uchiha Hideout?

[Not Made by Me]

They're probably saving Orochimaru and Sasuke for after Madara and Obito. It's probably why they had Orochimaru say he would not take part in the war. This way Orochimaru gets his cheap upgrade so he can at least look remotely threatening. Again I'll still be surprised if Obito/Tobi goes down before the big Sasuke fight. Kishi was leading up to Obito being the one to make Naruto and Sasuke fight each other and being the series final villain only to be replaced by Orochimaru. I can't wait to see how Orochimaru gets upgraded. And at this point I can see Sasuke getting Rinnegan. I don't see the point of making Rinnegan a Uchiha obtainable weapon if they were not going to give it to him at some point in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    They're probably saving Orochimaru and Sasuke for after Madara and Obito. It's probably why they had Orochimaru say he would not take part in the war. This way Orochimaru gets his cheap upgrade so he can at least look remotely threatening. Again I'll still be surprised if Obito/Tobi goes down before the big Sasuke fight. Kishi was leading up to Obito being the one to make Naruto and Sasuke fight each other and being the series final villain only to be replaced by Orochimaru. I can't wait to see how Orochimaru gets upgraded. And at this point I can see Sasuke getting Rinnegan. I don't see the point of making Rinnegan a Uchiha obtainable weapon if they were not going to give it to him at some point in the series.
    I have two responses to your post. The first is that I love how people don't think Orochimaru is threatening when there is maybe, what, one or two characters that are alive stronger than him? Remember when Kakashi confronted him during the Chunin exams? He was deathly afraid of him. Sure that was three years before, but I don't think Kakashi has improved THAT much. Orochimaru is a very strong ninja, strong enough to be number one in Konoha's Bingo Book. Even Sasuke said the only reason he killed him was because of how sick he was at the time.

The second response is that I doubt Sasuke is going to get the Rinnegan anytime soon if he gets it at all. Sasuke is very proud of his Sharingan and I really don't think he will want Hashirama's cells injected into him. He is so obsessed with his clan that I'm sure he'll reject the offer if given to him. Not only that, but he JUST got the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and we haven't seen him use it much.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Orochimaru may not seem that threatening due to lacking overwhelming power like Madara, but to be fair, Orochimaru was never about overwhelming power. He's always been subtle in his strength. But given the knowledge he would have on Edo Tensei and Mokuton, I could easily see him giving even Madara a run for his money.

And I second the belief that Sasuke won't get the Rinnegan. Just doesn't make much sense given we already have three villains already using it.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

First of all I said I could see Sasuke getting the Rinnegan AT SOME POINT. That doesn't mean the very next chapter he appears in, it means at some point in the series when Madara and Obito are long dead and Kishi wants to show off the Rinnegan again, kinda like how Sasuke took over the Mangekyou Sharingan role when Itachi died. Do I expect him have it right now? No. Do I want him to have it? No. I just said I can see him getting it if only to showcase it.

As far as Orochimaru goes, I didn't say he was weak, but compared to the big players of Naruto right now he's not as big of a deal as he was in part 1. We've had several villains just as powerful if not more powerful then Orochimaru since he "Died" Itachi, Pain, Tobi, Madara, even Kabutomaru can be argued to be a upgraded version of Orochimaru. It's been said numerous times that Orochimaru is not as strong as Itachi. Orochimaru himself said he's not as strong as Itachi. Madara clearly the strongest villain we have right now. Him, Obito, and Ten Tails trump every villain in the series so far, so forgive me if I don't think Orochimaru measures up to these guys. I'm not saying he's weak but he's not the strongest threat anymore. Even if the only reason Sasuke was able to beat Orochimaru was because he was sick (And it's true) I think current Sasuke could take down Orochimaru if he had to.

Yeah this thread has mentioned many times that Orochimaru's main strength is his knowledge, not his power. I'm pretty disappointed that he said he wouldn't join in the war because it implies that Obito and Madara will probably not be the final villains. I atleast hope that Orochimaru finds whatever he's looking for soon and then does something to seal up Madara and hinder Obito so that he'll atleast look like a plausible final villain.
    Last edited by Charminions; 30th December 2012 at 7:29 PM.

I can't see Orochimaru being a villain anymore. Too much time has passed since he was in his prime and it would bring the story down some more if he were the next bad guy. I think Madara is the final villain although I don't necessarily agree with it. I think he's incredibly overhyped and I facepalm every time someone on NF says that he's the only good thing about this manga.

Orochimaru may very well be taken out by Sasuke

Again
    ~ X ~

I agree that Orochimaru won't resume being a villain in the series, much less the final one. I think his part in the story is almost done. Pain was controlling Akatsuki and Obito was controlling Pain, but Madara was the mastermind pulling all the strings all this time (or at least, he set "Tobi" into motion). Madara is probably the ultimate villain, and I still don't think he's revealed all his secrets yet, even to Obito.

There sure was a lot of shipping this past chapter. I don't normally mind that, but it seems slightly out of place in the middle of a war. Also out of place in this war is the fact that everyone's jaw dropped to the ground after Neji died... I mean as much as I like him and want his death to be important, it's a little strange for ninja who should be used to fallen comrades being so taken aback like "What is this... how can this happen...?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    Other than those two getting together, we might see some ship tease in an epilogue timeskip for other characters, I suppose
    Hm. I read this as "strip tease" the first time through. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    First of all I said I could see Sasuke getting the Rinnegan AT SOME POINT. That doesn't mean the very next chapter he appears in, it means at some point in the series when Madara and Obito are long dead and Kishi wants to show off the Rinnegan again, kinda like how Sasuke took over the Mangekyou Sharingan role when Itachi died. Do I expect him have it right now? No. Do I want him to have it? No. I just said I can see him getting it if only to showcase it.
    And we both agreed that we don't think he will get it at all. I explained why because Sasuke is proud of both his clan and his Sharingan so I doubt he'd want to be injected with Hashirama's cells. And even after Itachi died, Kakashi still had the Mangekyou Sharingan and we all knew that Tobi had it.

As far as Orochimaru goes, I didn't say he was weak, but compared to the big players of Naruto right now he's not as big of a deal as he was in part 1. We've had several villains just as powerful if not more powerful then Orochimaru since he "Died" Itachi, Pain, Tobi, Madara, even Kabutomaru can be argued to be a upgraded version of Orochimaru. It's been said numerous times that Orochimaru is not as strong as Itachi. Orochimaru himself said he's not as strong as Itachi. Madara clearly the strongest villain we have right now. Him, Obito, and Ten Tails trump every villain in the series so far, so forgive me if I don't think Orochimaru measures up to these guys. I'm not saying he's weak but he's not the strongest threat anymore. Even if the only reason Sasuke was able to beat Orochimaru was because he was sick (And it's true) I think current Sasuke could take down Orochimaru if he had to.
    No said, or implied that you thought he was weak. I said that you claimed he wasn't threatening. Kakashi is one of the strongest ninja Konoha has and arguably the strongest Jonin. If he was frightened of Orochimaru then I think the threat is still there. That or he was scared for hit butthole.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    And we both agreed that we don't think he will get it at all. I explained why because Sasuke is proud of both his clan and his Sharingan so I doubt he'd want to be injected with Hashirama's cells. And even after Itachi died, Kakashi still had the Mangekyou Sharingan and we all knew that Tobi had it.

No said, or implied that you thought he was weak. I said that you claimed he wasn't threatening. Kakashi is one of the strongest ninja Konoha has and arguably the strongest Jonin. If he was frightened of Orochimaru then I think the threat is still there. That or he was scared for hit butthole.
    Sasuke's mood and character changes to fit his story. This is the same guy who betrays all the people who put their trust in him. Look at the chapters where he's starting to appreciate Jugo, Suigetsu and Karin and then shortly after leaves Jugo and Suigetsu to die and doesn't think twice about killing Karin in cold blood just to get at Danzo. And now he's second guessing his ultimate goal. As far as Kakashi and Tobi with the MS. Kakashi barely uses his, he's only spamming it now because of Obito and Obito hardly used his either. When Madara and Obito are dead and if Kishis wants to show the Rinnegan again Sasuke is the only one left. I'm not saying I want it only that I can see Kishi giving him Rinnegan if he wants to. Saskue's proud clan doesn't mean squat if Kishi wants to show the Rinnegan again.

As far as Orochimaru goes, how long ago was it that Kakashi was afraid of Orochimaru? Chunin Exams I believe. That was a very long time ago. I don't think Kakashi would have a problem fighting Orochimaru today, considering all the bigger name villains hes fought at this point. Could he win? I don't know. Probably not unless his MS is really good but Orochimaru is still strong to some characters. But right now I'd say Naruto, Sasuke, Killer Bee, Madara, and Obito could all beat Orochimaru. Nagato and Itachi were clearly stronger as well and Danzo is probably on equal footing with Orochimaru but they're all dead. Hence why I don't consider him in the same category as Madara. Madara beat all five Gokage and is a mega troll. He's done things Orochimaru can only dream of doing. Orochimaru is threatening to a certain point but not to a critcal one where the entire Shinobi world must unite to beat him unlike with Madara and Obito. Orochimaru does have the smarts for a great villain, I agree but strength wise he's been surpassed by too many new villains. That and Orochimaru just feels done to me. I thought that was the whole point of Kabutomaru. But whatever, at best I can see him stealing Madara's body. Now that would make him a global threat.

Obviously Madara makes everyone look weak, but I think it's unfortunate how much its brought Obito down. I mean, taking off the mask and revealing himself is what initially made Tobi much weaker, but when he's literally standing next to this guy outclassing him and ordering him around every step of the way, it hurts him a lot.

I too think it will come down to Madara as the final "pre-sasuke" villain, which does suck.

And while I don't think orochimaru would be the final villain, it would actually be pretty cool if he did, in the sense that he's been the main villian for the majority of the series, so it would make the story flow quite a bit better in my opinion. I agree too that while the flow of the story makes it seem otherwise, an unsealed Orochimaru could potentially be as strong as Madara, minus the edo tensei of course. He's certainly stronger then the one trick pony Tobi at any rate.
    ----------------------------------

Page 853 of 994 FirstFirst ... 753803843849850851852853854855856857863903953 ... LastLast