Page 858 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 758808848854855856857858859860861862868908958 ... LastLast
Results 21,426 to 21,450 of 27135

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

  1. #21426
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorLaughsaLot View Post
    I really hope she does do something, other kunoichi have been taking the spotlight so far, like Ino, and especially Hinata (it's the fan service...).

    I could imagine Sakura having a moment after hearing about Tsunade's death (if it happens, which is most likely).
    Here I was to believe Ten Ten is also a Kunoichi (treated far worst then Sakura) ^^

    And by ridiculous, I mean people liking Ino because of one panel of importance. Sakura is Kishi's heroin, she's gonna do something trust me
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 22nd January 2013 at 12:22 AM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  2. #21427
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorLaughsaLot View Post
    I really hope she does do something, other kunoichi have been taking the spotlight so far, like Ino, and especially Hinata (it's the fan service...).

    I could imagine Sakura having a moment after hearing about Tsunade's death (if it happens, which is most likely).
    What? NaruHina fanservice? NaruSaku is just as strong, so I wouldn't say that's why. I just think he doesn't have anything for her to do right now.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  3. #21428
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    What? NaruHina fanservice? NaruSaku is just as strong, so I wouldn't say that's why. I just think he doesn't have anything for her to do right now.
    I think he meant that Hinata is just generally a well liked character for reasons unknown to me. Not saying this is the norm, as their truly are good shippers out there, but my general awareness of the matter is a majority of NaruHina fans are just huge Hinata fans.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  4. #21429
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I think he meant that Hinata is just generally a well liked character for reasons unknown to me. Not saying this is the norm, as their truly are good shippers out there, but my general awareness of the matter is a majority of NaruHina fans are just huge Hinata fans.
    Well when the person is in the ship you generally have to like them. Not trying to sound uh snippy, but I can't think of another way to say that. And again there's just as many fans of Sakura, so I don't think that's the reason.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  5. #21430
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dream World
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Here I was to believe Ten Ten is also a Kunoichi (treated far worst then Sakura) ^^

    And by ridiculous, I mean people liking Ino because of one panel of importance. Sakura is Kishi's heroin, she's gonna do something trust me
    Ten Ten had her time... in the anime. XD Poor girl doesn't get much in the manga.

    I started to like Ino, well, more like recognize her, because of what she's done. Although, it's because of Ino-Shika-Cho that she's been given some light. Either way, I kinda liked the way she behaved during her fight with Edo Tensei Asuma and that made me pay attention to her a bit more, but that might just be me.

    Sakura is just in the side lines now, so I'm waiting for Kishi to finally make her do something (Isn't this like the third/fourth time I've said it? XD). I trust you, she is his heroin, she has to have an important role.

    Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    What? NaruHina fanservice? NaruSaku is just as strong, so I wouldn't say that's why. I just think he doesn't have anything for her to do right now.
    I was saying Hinata is getting a bit of the spotlight because of the fan service. For NaruHina they got hand holding and heartfelt speeches recently. Then he gives Hinata the first power up. NaruSaku may be just as strong, but I think NaruHina is being displayed more, as of now.

    I don't see much NaruSaku going on now, but that doesn't mean Sakura won't/can't do anything. Like Joltik said, she's the heroin, she gonna do something. It just isn't her time I guess.

    I hope I make sense...

    [Not Made by Me]

  6. #21431
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorLaughsaLot View Post
    Ten Ten had her time... in the anime. XD Poor girl doesn't get much in the manga.
    Ironic isn't it? I heard that Tenten was Kishi's favorite of the 4 Konoha kunoichi, or he preferred her design the best or something. You'd think she'd get more time than she does, but she's just like a cheerleader for Team Guy :/

    I was saying Hinata is getting a bit of the spotlight because of the fan service. For NaruHina they got hand holding and heartfelt speeches recently. Then he gives Hinata the first power up. NaruSaku may be just as strong, but I think NaruHina is being displayed more, as of now.

    I don't see much NaruSaku going on now, but that doesn't mean Sakura won't/can't do anything. Like Joltik said, she's the heroin, she gonna do something. It just isn't her time I guess.

    I hope I make sense...
    What fanservice do you mean though? Maybe that's the wrong word? I think he's giving Hinata her due time, same with Ino-Shika-Cho, this manga has always been about bonds and such. It's probably more of a desire to finally bring Hinata out of her shell a bit, out from behind Naruto's shadow so to speak. And it's not like it's random as we've seen buildup to this moment earlier, with it reaching the climax in Pain's invasion of Konoha. This was just the next step as far as I can see. Not because he wants to throw out fanservice, but because Hinata is developing as a person. But that's just me.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  7. #21432
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Well when the person is in the ship you generally have to like them. Not trying to sound uh snippy, but I can't think of another way to say that. And again there's just as many fans of Sakura, so I don't think that's the reason.
    What I mean Gohan, is most NaruHina fans I've come to know only care about Hinata, not Naruto. Hinata fans just want her to get whatever she wants, thus why some are self-proclaimed NaruHina supporters. But from what's been shown recently, it's still a one-sided ship with a possibly. I say one-sided because Naruto still has yet to show any form of romantic feelings for Hinata. Not that NaruSaku is doing any better though, as Sakura seems to hold feelings for both her teammates and we still don't know if Naruto see's her in the same light as before.

    ***But sticking more to the current manga subject, I feel it's kinda haxy that everyone know gets a cloak XD
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  8. #21433
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    What I mean Gohan, is most NaruHina fans I've come to know only care about Hinata, not Naruto. Hinata fans just want her to get whatever she wants, thus why some are self-proclaimed NaruHina supporters. But from what's been shown recently, it's still a one-sided ship with a possibly. I say one-sided because Naruto still has yet to show any form of romantic feelings for Hinata. Not that NaruSaku is doing any better though, as Sakura seems to hold feelings for both her teammates and we still don't know if Naruto see's her in the same light as before.
    Well I haven't had the pleasure of knowing said fans, but it exists in everything, I don't believe in generalizations like those. That's all I'll say about that. As for what's one-sided, more likely, whatever, you can't really say for sure either. It's subjective to everyone and just like you said what you think about the two pairings, someone could have the exact opposite feel and it wouldn't be wrong. Again I won't go into it any further than that since that's not what we're here for and it has a place of it's own to discuss such matters.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  9. #21434
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dream World
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Ironic isn't it? I heard that Tenten was Kishi's favorite of the 4 Konoha kunoichi, or he preferred her design the best or something. You'd think she'd get more time than she does, but she's just like a cheerleader for Team Guy :/

    What fanservice do you mean though? Maybe that's the wrong word? I think he's giving Hinata her due time, same with Ino-Shika-Cho, this manga has always been about bonds and such. It's probably more of a desire to finally bring Hinata out of her shell a bit, out from behind Naruto's shadow so to speak. And it's not like it's random as we've seen buildup to this moment earlier, with it reaching the climax in Pain's invasion of Konoha. This was just the next step as far as I can see. Not because he wants to throw out fanservice, but because Hinata is developing as a person. But that's just me.
    Really, I thought Ten Ten had potential. I liked her in part one. I thought she was cool, especially since they said she never missed her targets, and then came Temari...

    Maybe that's what it is. I might be labeling it as fan service just because of the hand holding and such. When you put it that way it makes much more sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    ***But sticking more to the current manga subject, I feel it's kinda haxy that everyone know gets a cloak XD
    I thought that at first too, but then I thought about what they're up against. You gotta fight hax with hax. XD (I'm also hoping to see the Kages with cloaks)

    [Not Made by Me]

  10. #21435
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorLaughsaLot View Post
    Really, I thought Ten Ten had potential. I liked her in part one. I thought she was cool, especially since they said she never missed her targets, and then came Temari...

    Maybe that's what it is. I might be labeling it as fan service just because of the hand holding and such. When you put it that way it makes much more sense.
    Yeah so did I, Tenten is my favorite Konoha kunoichi. Kishi has always expressed that he's wanted to add her more, why it hasn't happened I have no idea.

    Well that's fine, I understand that their moment may have come at a bad time. I think it made sense and that it fit, but maybe it was a little more fluffy than what people are used to seeing. But I wouldn't take away from that moment at all though, it's a powerful moment for both Naruto and Hinata.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  11. #21436
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorLaughsaLot View Post
    I thought that at first too, but then I thought about what they're up against. You gotta fight hax with hax. XD (I'm also hoping to see the Kages with cloaks)
    Leave it to those blasted Uchiha eyes of all time hax :P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  12. #21437
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mind your business
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Leave it to those blasted Uchiha eyes of all time hax :P
    Nowadays you have to either have a Sharingan, be a Jinchuriki or have some sort of relationship with one of those things to have any kind of important in this series. I miss the days where kunais were considered dangerous.
    Last edited by J Ken; 22nd January 2013 at 4:08 AM.

  13. #21438
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,748

    Default

    Haven't been on here in awhile so I'll just address what everyone is talking about. I hope Karin does not to Sasuke's team. If she does then she's as bad as Sakura. Please don't have Karin go back to Team Taka. True there isn't much to do for her character now but that's only because she hasn't been used. If she goes back to Sasuke then Naruto will pull a BW, which means Bad Writing. Yes, I am going to use BW as my slogan for Bad Writing from this point on. It fits perfectly.

    As far as the girls go, some of you are surprised that Ino is getting more popular and more positive stuff then Sakura currently. That shouldn't come as a surprise. Ino has broken away from Sasuke's groupie list and become her one character. Yes, she only gets screentime because of Ino-Shika-Cho, but considering how this series treats females, thats a pretty sweet deal. I myself didn't care that much for Ino in the start but now I truly like the character. Her Sasuke lover status really weighed her down but now that she's free of that she's far more likeable and useful in battle with Shikamaru and Choji.

    The only real female that got cheated was Tenten. Poor Tenten. Sakura has moments but as of now I consider Hinata and Ino way cooler then her. It's a shame really.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  14. #21439
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,704

    Default

    It's funny that Tenten has the least amount of screen-time among the female characters given that Kishi said he liked her and wanted to show her more often. I guess using the Bashōsen is all she will get to do in this war.

  15. #21440
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auburn University
    Posts
    207

    Default

    I don't see how Sakura's feelings have limited her as a character. One, she hasn't been in a situation in a very long time where she's doing anything productive, and two, it's been just as long since her feelings got in the way. Sure, she turned down the ninja in the medical tent, but I don't see that as debasing her personality. I'll reiterate what I said a few pages ago; those feelings you guys have a habit of disparaging are actually a strong base for Sakura's character. No one whines half as much about Naruto still pursuing Sasuke, so I don't see why people do it to Sakura.

    Hopefully Kishi'll give her something big later on. It's been a very long time since she fought the Akatsuki, and I personally enjoyed that battle very much. Here's to wishing.

  16. #21441
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,748

    Default

    I don't know about everyone else but I don't whine that much about Naruto pursuing Sasuke, because unlike Sakura, Naruto has a life to fall back on other then Sasuke. Sasuke takes up Naruto's main time, but he has other things to deal with like Akatsuki trying to capture him. His Hokage dream has been put on hold for Sasuke but once Sasuke is resolved he can go right back to work on his real goal. Sakura's main goal has always been Sasuke. It has never been anything else other then to be with Sasuke. She has nothing else to fall back on which is why her character is in the state it is right now. It's why Kishi slowly started breaking Ino away from a Sasuke groupie and more towards being a real ninja with Shikamaru and Choji. At this point I don't think Sakura will get another fight like Sasori. All she can do is try and play a role in Sasuke vs Naruto. Maybe she can finally hook up with Sasuke once he turns good. I can't see Naruto and Sakura happening at this point in time right now, even if we weren't getting Naruto and Hinata stuff, Sakura is to deeply into Sasuke that any relationship she takes would feel forced.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  17. #21442
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I don't know about everyone else but I don't whine that much about Naruto pursuing Sasuke, because unlike Sakura, Naruto has a life to fall back on other then Sasuke. Sasuke takes up Naruto's main time, but he has other things to deal with like Akatsuki trying to capture him. His Hokage dream has been put on hold for Sasuke but once Sasuke is resolved he can go right back to work on his real goal. Sakura's main goal has always been Sasuke. It has never been anything else other then to be with Sasuke. She has nothing else to fall back on which is why her character is in the state it is right now. It's why Kishi slowly started breaking Ino away from a Sasuke groupie and more towards being a real ninja with Shikamaru and Choji. At this point I don't think Sakura will get another fight like Sasori. All she can do is try and play a role in Sasuke vs Naruto. Maybe she can finally hook up with Sasuke once he turns good. I can't see Naruto and Sakura happening at this point in time right now, even if we weren't getting Naruto and Hinata stuff, Sakura is to deeply into Sasuke that any relationship she takes would feel forced.
    Okay, that's where you wrong... your talking about Part 1 Sakura... I have no idea where you've been or what your reading but it's obvious that her life doesn't just revolve around Sasuke anymore. She didn't train with Tsunade just for Sasuke's sake but to be less of a burden for Naruto and become dependent enough to fight with him. Then when she learned about Naruto being a Jinjuriki, she first asked if there was a way to extract the beast, but upon learning it causes death she was sadden by how much Naruto had to live through and how much his life is/was now in danger. She then resolves to protect him from Akatsuki, thinking more about his well being more then her own. When she first boar witness to the Nine Tails chakra, she was brought to tears at how far Naruto would go just to make his promise to bring Sasuke back, even asking Yamamoto to teach her how to re-seal the Nine Tails chakra back into Naruto, but was saddened by the fact that only he can use such a technique. Heck, the English translation of the current Naruto Databook suggests that she does house feelings for Naurto https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee-2ZFgUSQ8... but I'm not turning this into a heated shipping debate.

    Anyway, her character has evolved beyond the Sasuke-fanboyism... her last true speaking appearance proves this http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...at104808PM.png Clearly she's thinking about Sasuke there.

    I don't care if you think about shippings, but to say she still only revolves around Sasuke is a huge mistake and shows that you haven't read a damn thing in the manga. Even if it's just friendship related, Sakura still has shown she thinks about Naruto as well.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  18. #21443
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,748

    Default

    Sakura trained with Tsnuade to become a better ninja, so that next time Naruto goes to save Sasuke, she can be right beside him as a equal. She battled Sasori to defend Naruto from him, true, but also to get info about Orochimaru and ultimately Sasuke. Sakura does care for Naruto, I don't know where you got the idea that I don't think Sakura cares for him, but not in a romantic way. I personally don't care for the romance in Naruto, it's not why I read the manga. But Sakura's ultimate goal has always been Sasuke. Yes, she wants to defend Naruto from the villains as well. When Sasuke gets saved what does Sakura do next? Actually that's a interesting thing to think about.

    You can throw your hissy fit at me all you want, I was just addressing a question someone asked on why some people get on Sakura's back about Sasuke, but not Naruto, and IMO it's because she doesn't have much going for her other then trying to save Sasuke. I personally do not have a problem with Sakura. I like the character more then some realize, just not the direction she went in. Sakura could have been one of the best characters in this series if she was done right. Just because I criticize the character doesn't mean I don't like her. If I didn't like Sakura, I would simply say 'I hate her' and not even go into detail on why. But I like Sakura. It's sad she doesn't get to do more.

    Also I don't follow Naruto Databooks, so whatever is in there, I would not know. I only follow what I see in the manga. Anything else I don't consider canon, unless the manga itself tells me to pick up a databook. If it has then I apologize for missing it.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  19. #21444
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Sakura trained with Tsnuade to become a better ninja, so that next time Naruto goes to save Sasuke, she can be right beside him as a equal. She battled Sasori to defend Naruto from him, true, but also to get info about Orochimaru and ultimately Sasuke. Sakura does care for Naruto, I don't know where you got the idea that I don't think Sakura cares for him, but not in a romantic way. I personally don't care for the romance in Naruto, it's not why I read the manga. But Sakura's ultimate goal has always been Sasuke. Yes, she wants to defend Naruto from the villains as well. When Sasuke gets saved what does Sakura do next? Actually that's a interesting thing to think about.

    You can throw your hissy fit at me all you want, I was just addressing a question someone asked on why some people get on Sakura's back about Sasuke, but not Naruto, and IMO it's because she doesn't have much going for her other then trying to save Sasuke. I personally do not have a problem with Sakura. I like the character more then some realize, just not the direction she went in. Sakura could have been one of the best characters in this series if she was done right. Just because I criticize the character doesn't mean I don't like her. If I didn't like Sakura, I would simply say 'I hate her' and not even go into detail on why. But I like Sakura. It's sad she doesn't get to do more.

    Also I don't follow Naruto Databooks, so whatever is in there, I would not know. I only follow what I see in the manga. Anything else I don't consider canon, unless the manga itself tells me to pick up a databook. If it has then I apologize for missing it.
    I'm throwing a hissy fit (seriously?) because you seem to assume that Sakura revolves around Sasuke... which again is untrue and you proved it in your very first sentence. You admit she wanted to better herself for both Sasuke's and Naruto's sake. But if you wanna live under that impression, be my guess... Kishi may be creative in different ways from other Shonen writers, but he's still following the same formula, Nerdy Main Character loves Tsundere Heroin and has a rivalry with Tsundere's love interest, Tsundere Heroin initially loves Main Rival, but slowly changes overtime, while Rival really only cares about himself and certain things Main Character does. But seeing as I care about all of Naruto's goals, which includes impressing Sakura (and the fact that until written in stone that he doesn't, he currently is still in love with her). Now again, I don't really care about couple outcomes, but if you truly cared about Sakura as much as you claimed, you'd realize she's not as one dimensional as you claim. And you realize it would be pretty horrible writing to turn Sasuke into an OC happy guy when Narut "saves" him when he's been played up to be the seclusive and sorta jerky type. I mean the whole reason Sakura was under the impression that Sasuke had a softer side was because of Naruto disguising himself as the guy, so he inadvertently dug his own grave in the beginning. But whatever you wanna think is fine by me, I just know that the manga already proved to me that Sakura's character does not rely on Sasuke.

    I know you didn't bring this up, but it often gets called into question many times is her trying to kill Sasuke herself... you do realize she was willing to risk everything to kill him right, and even though she didn't end up doing so, if she succeed, she was gonna accept Naruto hating her for the rest of her life. She wanted to kill him because he was part of the reason why Naruto was lacking happiness (the other half being herself) and also because Sasuke was siding with Akatsuki, which I already previously stated she wanted to protect him from. Okay, I'll admit part of the reason she didn't kill him was because of lingering feelings, which in part is because Kishi isn't gonna decide on a pairing till the end (which again, I really wish to avoid in this thread) and mostly because of how anti-climatic it would be. But Sakura bashers look to that as a weakness in her character for whatever reason. I don't know, just felt the need to bring it up

    Also, that databook stuff needs to be approved by Kishi first if it wants to be published, so it's still has author's intent value.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  20. #21445
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I'm throwing a hissy fit (seriously?) because you seem to assume that Sakura revolves around Sasuke... which again is untrue and you proved it in your very first sentence. You admit she wanted to better herself for both Sasuke's and Naruto's sake. But if you wanna live under that impression, be my guess... Kishi may be creative in different ways from other Shonen writers, but he's still following the same formula, Nerdy Main Character loves Tsundere Heroin and has a rivalry with Tsundere's love interest, Tsundere Heroin initially loves Main Rival, but slowly changes overtime, while Rival really only cares about himself and certain things Main Character does. But seeing as I care about all of Naruto's goals, which includes impressing Sakura (and the fact that until written in stone that he doesn't, he currently is still in love with her). Now again, I don't really care about couple outcomes, but if you truly cared about Sakura as much as you claimed, you'd realize she's not as one dimensional as you claim. And you realize it would be pretty horrible writing to turn Sasuke into an OC happy guy when Narut "saves" him when he's been played up to be the seclusive and sorta jerky type. I mean the whole reason Sakura was under the impression that Sasuke had a softer side was because of Naruto disguising himself as the guy, so he inadvertently dug his own grave in the beginning. But whatever you wanna think is fine by me, I just know that the manga already proved to me that Sakura's character does not rely on Sasuke.

    I know you didn't bring this up, but it often gets called into question many times is her trying to kill Sasuke herself... you do realize she was willing to risk everything to kill him right, and even though she didn't end up doing so, if she succeed, she was gonna accept Naruto hating her for the rest of her life. She wanted to kill him because he was part of the reason why Naruto was lacking happiness (the other half being herself) and also because Sasuke was siding with Akatsuki, which I already previously stated she wanted to protect him from. Okay, I'll admit part of the reason she didn't kill him was because of lingering feelings, which in part is because Kishi isn't gonna decide on a pairing till the end (which again, I really wish to avoid in this thread) and mostly because of how anti-climatic it would be. But Sakura bashers look to that as a weakness in her character for whatever reason. I don't know, just felt the need to bring it up

    Also, that databook stuff needs to be approved by Kishi first if it wants to be published, so it's still has author's intent value.
    Okay for someone that "doesn't care" about the romantic side you sure do bring it up a lot :/ His point wasn't that she has no character outside of a Sasuke fangirl, but rather that Sasuke ultimately fuels her drive, just like with Naruto. No amount of NaruSaku stuff can disprove that, which I don't see what the two have to do with it anyway. I mean really? Trying to say you know the author more than he knows himself and know who's gonna end up together or whatever? Plus the databook video was obviously biased, because those were just natural characteristics and recaps of events in the manga, not indisputable claims for a pairing. But again it has no bearing here. Oh and nice how you neglect to mention Sakura's fake confession in all that.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  21. #21446
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,704

    Default

    Gee, some of you guys must really be into the story 'cause you're typing up research papers and essays.

    On a minor note, I just got volumes 54 and 55, and in one of them there's a little quote from Kishi saying that he had to look back at previous volumes to draw some of the Edo Tensei ninja because he had forgotten how some of them looked like. I find that funny for some reason. He said it was time consuming as well. I wonder if that explains why the plot deteriorated as the war progressed; maybe Kishi was trying really hard to keep the character designs consistent that he sort of ignored the plot.

  22. #21447
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Okay for someone that "doesn't care" about the romantic side you sure do bring it up a lot :/ His point wasn't that she has no character outside of a Sasuke fangirl, but rather that Sasuke ultimately fuels her drive, just like with Naruto. No amount of NaruSaku stuff can disprove that, which I don't see what the two have to do with it anyway. I mean really? Trying to say you know the author more than he knows himself and know who's gonna end up together or whatever? Plus the databook video was obviously biased, because those were just natural characteristics and recaps of events in the manga, not indisputable claims for a pairing. But again it has no bearing here. Oh and nice how you neglect to mention Sakura's fake confession in all that.
    Okay, clearly all I'm trying to do is prove she isn't solely focused or centered around Sasuke, what exactly is it that people can't get? Maybe we're all just being biased (and don't you dare tell me your not), cause you and Platinum sure aren't seeing what I'm seeing and I sure don't see what you and him are seeing. And who said I know the author better then himself? All I said was it's following a standard Shonen formula. Bait me all you want to continue this, I don't really care what you like or don't like
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  23. #21448
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Okay, clearly all I'm trying to do is prove she isn't solely focused or centered around Sasuke, what exactly is it that people can't get? Maybe we're all just being biased (and don't you dare tell me your not), cause you and Platinum sure aren't seeing what I'm seeing and I sure don't see what you and him are seeing. And who said I know the author better then himself? All I said was it's following a standard Shonen formula. Bait me all you want to continue this, I don't really care what you like or don't like
    Right, but your argument is that she's not focused on Sasuke because she has feelings for Naruto. And I don't think anyone is claiming that she's "solely focused" on Sasuke, at least I wasn't, so don't jump at me on that. If you mean, seeing all the stuff you say is blatant that Kishi wants NaruSaku then no, I don't see that. And again, neither of is here to discuss that, but have a rational talk about the manga. No baiting, but if you feel threatened, then I'm sorry. But his opinion is his own and you can't change that, just like yours is yours.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  24. #21449
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,748

    Default

    Okay then. I had no idea my answer to that question on the last page was going to stir up the Beedrill nest XD I'll post this and then I am done on the matter of Sakura's direction. If anyone wants to comment after, feel free to. I probably will not as this is just my opinion and not at all fact. And again I actually like Sakura. I don't dislike, I like her.

    My main point was when it was asked why people give Sakura a hard time on why she's always on about Sasuke while Naruto is the same way, and I gave a answer that Naruto has more to fall back on other then Sasuke. Sakura does not, and IMO she doesn't. I'm not bashing her. Everyone in Naruto has a fault. Naruto, Sasuke, Hinata, Kakashi, Shikamaru, Ino, Choji, Neji, Tsunade, Obito, Madara, Kabuto, Orochimaru, and everyone else all have faults that makes them imperfect and IMO, Sakura's lack of a long term goal outside doing Sasuke stuff hurts her character. I'm not bashing, just criticizing. As for as the romance goes, I really don't care. I don't care who ends up with who at this point. I'll tease a ship if Kishi does but beyond that I don't care so lets throw shipping off the table. What is Sakura's goal? It's not to be the top kunoichi from what I can tell, that was like Tenten's goal or something. So IMO Sakura suffers from a lack of a long term goal and only has her Sasuke stuff to fuel her. But if you still think I'm being unfair to Sakura, I'll say this. Sasuke only has his revenge fuel. Take that away and Sasuke has nothing to fall back on either, so it's not like she's alone in that department. I also like Sasuke.


    I've said in the past that I find Sakura's crush on Sasuke to be shallow, I stand by that, but the fact that it's her major storyline hurts her character for me. Yes she supports and cares for Naruto. She cared for Rock Lee to, so obviously she has multiple friends/people to care for but her main concern has always been Sasuke. Protecting Naruto is a close second, sure, but Sasuke is always her main goal. It will be very interesting when Naruto and Sasuke battle. Sakura will have to choose a side and this is probably going to be when she really shines. That is really all I have left to say on the subject. I wasn't trying to put Sakura down, again I like the character.
    Last edited by Platinum fan.; 23rd January 2013 at 1:13 AM.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  25. #21450
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in the souther. U.S.
    Posts
    1,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Okay then. I had no idea my answer to that question on the last page was going to stir up the Beedrill nest XD I'll post this and then I am done on the matter of Sakura's direction. If anyone wants to comment after, feel free to. I probably will not as this is just my opinion and not at all fact. And again I actually like Sakura. I don't dislike, I like her.

    My main point was when it was asked why people give Sakura a hard time on why she's always on about Sasuke while Naruto is the same way, and I gave a answer that Naruto has more to fall back on other then Sasuke. Sakura does not, and IMO she doesn't. I'm not bashing her. Everyone in Naruto has a fault. Naruto, Sasuke, Hinata, Kakashi, Shikamaru, Ino, Choji, Neji, Tsunade, Obito, Madara, Kabuto, Orochimaru, and everyone else all have faults that makes them imperfect and IMO, Sakura's lack of a long term goal outside doing Sasuke stuff hurts her character. I'm not bashing, just criticizing. As for as the romance goes, I really don't care. I don't care who ends up with who at this point. I'll tease a ship if Kishi does but beyond that I don't care so lets throw shipping off the table. What is Sakura's goal? It's not to be the top kunoichi from what I can tell, that was like Tenten's goal or something. So IMO Sakura suffers from a lack of a long term goal and only has her Sasuke stuff to fuel her. But if you still think I'm being unfair to Sakura, I'll say this. Sasuke only has his revenge fuel. Take that away and Sasuke has nothing to fall back on either, so it's not like she's alone in that department. I also like Sasuke.


    I've said in the past that I find Sakura's crush on Sasuke to be shallow, I stand by that, but the fact that it's her major storyline hurts her character for me. Yes she supports and cares for Naruto. She cared for Rock Lee to, so obviously she has multiple friends/people to care for but her main concern has always been Sasuke. Protecting Naruto is a close second, sure, but Sasuke is always her main goal. It will be very interesting when Naruto and Sasuke battle. Sakura will have to choose a side and this is probably going to be when she really shines. That is really all I have left to say on the subject. I wasn't trying to put Sakura down, again I like the character.
    Why not continue commenting, this is a good discussion.

    I really don't agree with Sakura's feelings for Sasuke being baseless. We have to remember, during their time as a team, they did spend time together. To the point at the end of part one, Sasuke actually thanked Sakura. The emo kid actually thanked the girl he called annoying and that he quite hated in the beginning. I feel that during Part 1, Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura developed the same bond that Ino, Choji, and Shikamura had. It is actually a whole lot similar. Shikamura is Sasuke to a lesser degree, with ino and Sakura, and Choji and Naruto being the bottom tear that the team continuously presses to be better. However, if Kishi had wrote more into their relationship, we would be complaining about him giving too much time to it. However, I think she does have some bases for this.

    Also, Sakura does have something to fall back on. At age 15, she is one of the best medical ninjas in the world. She will always have that to fall back on along with her ninja training. I don't think we have enough information to justify her life revolving around Sasuke. The problem is that Kishi only shows her to us in a time where it involves Sasuke. This I blame Kishi for. It has been stated that she can do the same justu as Kabuto, so she is implied to be a great fighter. However, he always makes her upstaged because giving her something good would imply she was better than Naruto. Look at the Sasori battle. Many people say that was with Chiyo's help, but neglect the fact that she stated the she rarley helped Sakura towards the end, yet it took Naruto and Kakashi to get D-whatever. I think that showed her progress, but no one can upstage the main hero, so she gets knocked down.

    I like Sakura. The problem I have is she is not developed. Yes, she is the most shown female character, but Kishi only shows her in times when it has something to do with Sasuke. We have never seen her common interactions in every day life like we saw with Tenten. We barley see Tenten, but when we do, it directly attributes a part of her character. Everytime we see Sakura, she is either helping Narutom or doing something for Sasuke, which shows non of her intermost doings.

    In conclusion, I think the best way to show Sasuke is not at her for front is through Naruto and this war. When Zetsu tried to kill her when working, she was only thinking about helping the wounded. When going to naruto, she only thought of helping him. While it is obvious she still has a crush on Sasuke, it is obvious it is not a dominant form in her life.

    I typed this on a blackberry. I'll read it later.

Page 858 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 758808848854855856857858859860861862868908958 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •