Page 865 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 765815855861862863864865866867868869875915965 ... LastLast
Results 21,601 to 21,625 of 25363

Thread: Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I don't like the way Tobirama was portrayed; he basically admitted that he was prejudice against the Uchiha, which only made Sasuke angrier. Still, I loved Hashirama in this chapter; his comment about whether the village was fine with Tsunade as Hokage was funny, and it seems she inherited her gambling obsession from Hashirama himself.
    Actually, that was the best thing about Tobirama and this chapter for me. They made it clear that even though he and Hashirama were brothers, they didn't see eye to eye about how to run the village and everything. It makes him more of a person in my eyes, and not just Hashirama's brother. It also gives me a bit more depth into his character, as before I couldn't see how he could have possibly invented the Edo Tensei.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by insanejames View Post
    the orphans and the eyes i can't explain, but Rin's death i think i have and idea of or a few of them. The one thing that is consistent is that it was a setup by Madara to get Obito on his side.
    My reason for this, is that Obito "escapes" too easily and the timing is too coincidental. He emerges just to see Kakashi kill Rin, thus turning Obito to Madara side. One of my theories on how he did this, was that it was a Zetsu clone killing Rin or a Rin could of been a clone as well, meaning the whole entire thing was staged. Or more likey Madara put Kakashi in a situation where he had no choice or it was the most merciful thing to do, was to kill her. eg, she was a traitor or to prevent her being captured and tortured.
    More likely the latter, because if Rin was a clone (and especially if Kakashi was a clone) then there would be a discrepancy considering Kakashi admits that he let Rin die. This could be explained somehow but it would be more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    And Hashirama's personality is disappointing, way to much like Naruto's to be enjoyable.
    I agree... it was nice to be surprised, but I think it sort of takes away from the excitement of someone as goofy as Naruto becoming Hokage if the first was already like that. I personally wish we saw more of Kushina's comical side though.

I don't like the way Tobirama was portrayed; he basically admitted that he was prejudice against the Uchiha, which only made Sasuke angrier. Still, I loved Hashirama in this chapter; his comment about whether the village was fine with Tsunade as Hokage was funny, and it seems she inherited her gambling obsession from Hashirama himself.
    Hashirama was funny, but I'm glad Tobirama was portrayed sort of "war-hawk"-like. At the least, he can act as a foil towards Hashirama, plus it would make more sense to me if the previous Hokage were more stern and serious, considering the times they lived in and the issues they had to face.

EDIT: Yeah, and I second what gohan5 said too. Haha.

I don't think Hashirama is like Naruto at all. He's not exactly goofy. It's just as Suigetsu said; he has no dignity. He let his little brother tell him STFU and didn't even fight back. Seems like Hiruzen is kind of pissed off that he sacrificed himself and Orochimaru got his arms back anyway.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

I actually really dislike the way Tobirama treated his brother. I never expected him to be submissive to him or anything, but it was still really rude how he shut him up like that. And like I said before, any changes in Sasuke's attitude towards the village were pretty much shot down the moment Tobirama started bad-mouthing the Uchiha clan. It looks like it's up to Hashirama to explain things. Hopefully Sasuke won't disrespect him; he gets enough of that from his brother. :x

Also, just a quick comment, but how come Minato addressed Orochimaru as "Orochimaru-san"? Why use honorifics after the way Orochimaru betrayed the village?

I actually really dislike the way Tobirama treated his brother. I never expected him to be submissive to him or anything, but it was still really rude how he shut him up like that. And like I said before, any changes in Sasuke's attitude towards the village were pretty much shot down the moment Tobirama started bad-mouthing the Uchiha clan. It looks like it's up to Hashirama to explain things. Hopefully Sasuke doesn't disrespect him; he gets enough of that from his brother. :x

Also, just a quick comment, but how come Minato addressed Orochimaru was "Orochimaru-san"? Why use honorifics after the way Orochimaru betrayed the village?
    I think orochimaru betrayed the village after his death.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    You're right, it was during the Third's second term. I just chalk it up to Minato being a respectful guy.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    But didn't Minato claim that he knew things that had happened in the real world while he was sealed in Naruto (like Jiraiya's death for example)? If so, he should have known about Orochimaru's defection and all the other stuff he started afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    I just chalk it up to Minato being a respectful guy.
    I guess. I wonder how he'll react when he finds out that his own student started the current war.
    Last edited by Lorde; 5th February 2013 at 7:37 PM.

But didn't Minato claim that he knew things that had happened in the real world while he was sealed in Naruto (like Jiraiya's death for example)? If so, he should have known about Orochimaru's defection and all the other stuff he started afterwards.
    I think it's just because he's respectful. It's basically the same reason Sasuke doesn't use honorifics for anybody. After his clan was killed he didn't care anymore so he doesn't use them. Minato cares though.

EDIT: I noticed a small error in the chapter when I was reading it again. When Sasuke activated his Mangekyou Sharingan, it took the shape of his original one, not the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan.
    Last edited by Shadow Lucario; 5th February 2013 at 7:57 PM.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Arrgh! I had no idea a new chapter was out today. I just found out. I don't keep up with release dates. The chapter was alright. I liked that the 3rd Hokage realized he died in vain because he did and I enjoyed the 1st Hokage's personality. Much more personality when he first was Edo Tenseied that's for sure. I actually like that the 2nd Hokage is a jerk. He feels real. Not everyone in Konoha is going to be a kiss up. I also enjoyed him being annoyed seeing Orochimaru again. "This Orochimaru guy again?" That was great. The explaining stuff was a bit boring, the whole love equals Sharingan thing. Yeah, sure, whatever. Minato didn't really say much this chapter. Overall a decent chapter and I like that Tobirama was a jerk to the Uchiha's. Not everyone in Konoha is a saint.

By the way, Minato called Orochimaru, Orochimaru-Sama. I figured that was because he was on the same team as his teacher, but still feels weird for a Hokage to show such respect to Orochimaru. Does he not know about the snake being evile?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Two things. The hokage's personalities and the explanation of the Uchia clan were great to me.
    the personalities were great, but as for the explanation...

Gosh, it feels like a genetic disorder that the Uciha have. Any person that is remotely unstable with emotions will likely break and create powerful eyes to express their emotions. The sharigan itself is what is really bad D:...

When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Hashirama reminds me of Goku.. they both are easily excited and goofy.

- Whoa, early chapter.
    - A Cursed Clan! Boohoo, I'll play my tiny violin for the Uchihas.
    - Haha, Hashirama. :3
    - Christ, I can't tell who was alive when. I assumed everyone but Hiruzen died during their reign.
    - Nope, the village got royally screwed.
    - Oh wait, the First and Second know Orochimaru from Operation Destroy Konoha. Right.
    - Sasuke has a protruding nose in these reaction panels. Kind of odd.

Interesting chapter. I didn't expect Tobirama to speak so much, so it's some new insight. I'm hoping Sasuke realized was Tobirama said, about emotions turning from love to hatred. Sasuke kept surprisingly calm.

This chapter revealed more of The First and Second's personality. It was good to see where Tsunade got her gambling habits from. Hashirama was unsurprisingly very Naruto like. Sasuke was very calm. The old one would have raged if the Uchihas were bad mouthed. He really is changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    I noticed a small error in the chapter when I was reading it again. When Sasuke activated his Mangekyou Sharingan, it took the shape of his original one, not the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan.
    Maybe it's possible that he can switch in between his Mangekyo and Eternal Mangekyo Sharingans?
    Last edited by J Ken; 6th February 2013 at 12:20 AM.
    The Groove Adventure RAVE

Chapters 22 of Pokémon Go! is up.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Maybe it's possible that he can switch in between his Mangekyo and Eternal Mangekyo Sharingans?
    that could be true...

yet what exact use would a mangekyo sharingan be over an eternal one? doesn't the normal one...you know,make you go blind? XD

When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

kishimoto is known for making errors in his art. I wouldn't think to much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heldigunner1 View Post
    kishimoto is known for making errors in his art. I wouldn't think to much into it.
    yeah, and he usually fixes them for the volume releases. .-...so then we'll see. (when ever those come out XD)

Such a sexy song. Urgh.

They're still plotholes that have yet to be explained, which was the point. None of those things got answered in the following chapter or beyond. And aside from the issue with Rin, it seems quite unlikely any of those questions would be answered.
    Put it this way, unanswered questions are WHY people read a story manga. The only reason I want to read the next chapter, is because of the questions introduced in previous ones. And you can't possibly say questions won't go unanwered in naruto. Take people wondering what became of obito for instance, well, low and behold some 300 chapters later what gets answered?

If you ask me, the biggest flaw of this arc is how much it does reveal. I would have rather the previous kages and ninjas lied in mystery then know every little detail.
    ----------------------------------

Either the Uchihas get some kind of magic mental illness for their bloodline limit, or generations of inbreeding have caused some major backlash on their sanity. Essentially the Uchihas are the manga version of the Targareyans.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

What's up with Hashirama being called the God of Shinobi? I thought Hiruzen and the Sage of Six Paths were already called that. It no longer seems like an honorary title; it seems more like a rank since apparently any powerful ninja can be called the "God of Shinobi." Just watch Naruto be called that soon.

What's up with Hashirama being called the God of Shinobi? I thought Hiruzen and the Sage of Six Paths were already called that. It no longer seems like an honorary title; it seems more like a rank since apparently any powerful ninja can be called the "God of Shinobi." Just watch Naruto be called that soon.
    That is weird, but yes all 3 ninja are referred to by that name. Seems like Kishi is running out of legendary monikers for all the high level shinobi. I don't know why everyone needs to have a nickname though.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

That was the portion Minato had left behind in Naruto, which got used up after the incident with Pain. Edo Minato shouldn't know anything about what happen after he did, though he should be aware that Orochimaru was a villain due to the whole Hokage conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Put it this way, unanswered questions are WHY people read a story manga. The only reason I want to read the next chapter, is because of the questions introduced in previous ones. And you can't possibly say questions won't go unanwered in naruto. Take people wondering what became of obito for instance, well, low and behold some 300 chapters later what gets answered?

If you ask me, the biggest flaw of this arc is how much it does reveal. I would have rather the previous kages and ninjas lied in mystery then know every little detail.
    I won't disagree with that, but that's not always the way it works with Kishi. Kishi has done that quite a bit, leaving things hanging. Outside the databook answering things, unless we have a character connected to said question, odds are it's not gonna get answered. What became of Obito wasn't really a question though, since we really didn't have any reason to believe he hadn't died.

Why is it a flaw? One would expect that a plotline we had since the very beginning would eventually get explained.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Either the Uchihas get some kind of magic mental illness for their bloodline limit, or generations of inbreeding have caused some major backlash on their sanity. Essentially the Uchihas are the manga version of the Targareyans.
    Not really. Tobirama's prejudice is just that, prejudice. There were hundreds of Uchihas, yet only two became a threat to Konoha and only because they got manipulated by outside forces. His claims really don't hold much water.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

I have to admit the love thing was kind of a WTF moment. Hashirama's personality was kind of strange to see. Kind of weird to think he created Konoha and was so serious in battle.

I actually really dislike the way Tobirama treated his brother. I never expected him to be submissive to him or anything, but it was still really rude how he shut him up like that. And like I said before, any changes in Sasuke's attitude towards the village were pretty much shot down the moment Tobirama started bad-mouthing the Uchiha clan. It looks like it's up to Hashirama to explain things. Hopefully Sasuke won't disrespect him; he gets enough of that from his brother. :x

Also, just a quick comment, but how come Minato addressed Orochimaru as "Orochimaru-san"? Why use honorifics after the way Orochimaru betrayed the village?
    In addition to what others said...Minato was a student of Jiraiya, so I assume he was acquainted with both Orochimaru and Tsunade.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I have to admit the love thing was kind of a WTF moment. Hashirama's personality was kind of strange to see. Kind of weird to think he created Konoha and was so serious in battle.
    Well, in the end, a leader is simply a beacon of hope for his people. They could have many jutsu like Orochimaru or be uber-powerful like the Jinchuriki or Madara. They could even be as tactical as Shikamaru, but what's the point if the leader isn't concerned with helping his people? I doubt people will want a leader that they know will only use them as a means to an end.
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

"It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell

Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    This power of love thing is stupid....

So, basically, when an Uchiha loses their love, it turns into DARKNESS and gives them bullcrap eye powers?

That's completely dumb.
    If you love, you immediately also have the fear of losing said love, now.. in the words of Yoda: Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. That is the path to the darkside!

Now add to that a predetermined genetic condition in which you actually have an overabundance of love, and a tendency to overreact when said love/caring goes away? I mean there's a reason why Darth Vader turned to who he was..

Interesting chapter. Expected the whole love angle, simply from how the relationships were shown, but don't know what to make of the whole "science" behind awakening the Sharingan. And Hashirama's personality is disappointing, way to much like Naruto's to be enjoyable. Tobirama on the otherhand was like I thought. Can't wait to hear what Hashirama and Minato tell Sasuke next. Good chapter.
    I'm betting that when Hashirama is talking, somebody will spoil the beans about the war.. And I don't care enough for Minato to think what he might have to say, at least nothing valuable for Sasuke's sake..

We always knew that he was kinda prejudice against the Uchiha, it was just common logic considering the times. I really like how he tried to hold up his convictions when Orochimaru told him.. "Nonsense!"

I really didn't like the first much in this.. I have to side with Suigetsu on this one.. How the heck can this be the guy that persuaded the Uchiha to stop fighting and join them (their sworn blood enemies) in the creation of a village.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Arrgh! I had no idea a new chapter was out today. I just found out. I don't keep up with release dates. The chapter was alright. I liked that the 3rd Hokage realized he died in vain because he did and I enjoyed the 1st Hokage's personality. Much more personality when he first was Edo Tenseied that's for sure. I actually like that the 2nd Hokage is a jerk. He feels real. Not everyone in Konoha is going to be a kiss up. I also enjoyed him being annoyed seeing Orochimaru again. "This Orochimaru guy again?" That was great. The explaining stuff was a bit boring, the whole love equals Sharingan thing. Yeah, sure, whatever. Minato didn't really say much this chapter. Overall a decent chapter and I like that Tobirama was a jerk to the Uchiha's. Not everyone in Konoha is a saint.
    That's not what's written at all.. It's extreme anguish, caused by overflowing caring emotions turning to hate = Triggering of Genetically specific Chakra => Sharingan. Meaning it's quite the opposite of love = sharingan. Breaking hearts, and reacting with aggressive emotions = Sharingan. It's basically Kishi trying to talk-no-jutsu is into believing that the Uchiha aren't really that bad at all and are caring and loving deep down inside.

Like I said: Darth Vader. And don't forget what happened to him!

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    Two things. The hokage's personalities and the explanation of the Uchia clan were great to me.
    the personalities were great, but as for the explanation...

Gosh, it feels like a genetic disorder that the Uciha have. Any person that is remotely unstable with emotions will likely break and create powerful eyes to express their emotions. The sharigan itself is what is really bad D:...
    Nah, the sharingan ain't bad, it's just a symptom of a genetically predetermined set of chakra being released from the brain after being triggered. Don't hate the symptom, hate the underlying genetical illness! Don't hate the oral rash when the patient has Wegener's.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    As soon as I read 'inbreeding' I knew you were going to play the GoT-card.. xD
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post

Nah, the sharingan ain't bad, it's just a symptom of a genetically predetermined set of chakra being released from the brain after being triggered. Don't hate the symptom, hate the underlying genetical illness! Don't hate the oral rash when the patient has Wegener's.. -.-

Gives a new meaning to
    "http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedEyesTakeWarning"
    I guess...xD;

Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Page 865 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 765815855861862863864865866867868869875915965 ... LastLast