Page 867 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 767817857863864865866867868869870871877917967 ... LastLast
Results 21,651 to 21,675 of 27175

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex View Post
    That being said, I wouldn't mind flashbacks or side stories involving the characters of the past. I just generally like dead characters to stay dead.
    Well, they are still dead. They're just being summoned for the time being. It's not like Dragon Ball or Shaman King where one character can die and you'll just say, "Eh. They'll be back later."
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Itachi didn't murder his clan because negotiations weren't working, he murdered his clan because Danzo threatened Sasuke's life if he didn't. The negotiations were never said not to be working. Danzo and the Elders wanted to exterminate them, but not Hiruzen, and we already saw Danzo willing to exterminate a group that wasn't posing a threat (Yahiko and his followers who were working towards peace).
    But from the sounds of this chapter, Hiruzen agreed to the slaughter so Itachi could be a Spy against the Atasuki. Plus the third even mentioned bloodshed would occur, which is why Itachi was willing to prevent the coup, because he put the Leaf first.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    Well, they are still dead. They're just being summoned for the time being. It's not like Dragon Ball or Shaman King where one character can die and you'll just say, "Eh. They'll be back later."
    Well yeah, but I meant I'd rather they didn't return to the Earth as reanimated zombies (or in any other state for that matter), to keep the plot at least relatively realistic (ninjutsu and fantastical shounen elements aside of course), and for the other reasons I mentioned.

I for one am SUPER excited about the prospect of learning more about the personality, power and story behind the Niidaime Hokage, Tobirama Senju.

My favorite of the entire Kages for sure, he's super badass, and his personality seems so stern, cunning and witty.

Loves it.

I agree with Raiga, I think a story is much better off being selective with which parts of the plot/characters/world to go into detail about and which parts to leave open for interpretation/as a mystery. In my opinion it was way too convenient to have an arc full of every dead character with "unfinished business" to make amends or whatever with the living characters... it's very unrealistic and kind of takes away from the power of, for example, Gaara having had a strict, cold father being part of the influence that put him through everything he went through before finally changing, now that they're apparently on good terms.

That being said, I wouldn't mind flashbacks or side stories involving the characters of the past. I just generally like dead characters to stay dead.
    I agree that some things could be left open to interpretation, but we're talking about a mystery that has been around since the very beginning. Given how much as been teased about what happen, it's nice to finally be getting the whole story. Plus the previous three Hokages really need the airtime, especially Tobirama.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    But from the sounds of this chapter, Hiruzen agreed to the slaughter so Itachi could be a Spy against the Atasuki. Plus the third even mentioned bloodshed would occur, which is why Itachi was willing to prevent the coup, because he put the Leaf first.
    More like he accepted what had been done. Danzo pretty much told Itachi that he would. Even Obito admitted that Sarutobi was against killing the clan. And preventing the coup could have been achieved without bloodshed. But that would have meant giving the clan power, and the Elders were clearly against such an idea.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

I agree that some things could be left open to interpretation, but we're talking about a mystery that has been around since the very beginning. Given how much as been teased about what happen, it's nice to finally be getting the whole story. Plus the previous three Hokages really need the airtime, especially Tobirama.
    Yeah I like that some of these hazy questions are getting answered, because they're not small things. The only thing I don't like is how it was done with everyone being brought back to basically reveal a secret.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I agree. Why bring back the Hokages when we had the two Elders who could have explained all this? The only reason I can see is Kishi simply didn't want to end things with the four eternally damned within the Shinigami.

I agree. Why bring back the Hokages when we had the two Elders who could have explained all this? The only reason I can see is Kishi simply didn't want to end things with the four eternally damned within the Shinigami.
    Exactly, how much have the other elders done? I mean I don't know much more about them than that they were Sarutobi's teammates and tended to side with Danzo more than him. That's who we should be learning more about, but I guess maybe he couldn't think of anything.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Um, how would the elders know everything that happened since the founding of Konoha? They were just kids during the days that Hashirama and Tobirama were alive and at their peak. I highly doubt that they knew the things that Tobirama was talking about in this week's chapter, or the things that Hashirama will be talking about in the next chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Um, how would the elders know everything that happened since the founding of Konoha? They were just kids during the days that Hashirama and Tobirama were alive and at their peak. I highly doubt that they knew the things that Tobirama was talking about in this week's chapter, or the things that Hashirama will be talking about in the next chapter.
    I'm not saying they know everything about Konoha, but they surely knew about Itachi and the Uchiha massacre. For the rest, well some secrets just die with the founders. I think someone mentioned flashbacks or things akin to Kakahshi Gaiden would be a good way to go for that.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

It's a simple thing called making it more interesting to your viewers. Bringing back the Hokages is far more cool than those two elders explaining stuff.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    It's a simple thing called making it more interesting to your viewers. Bringing back the Hokages is far more cool than those two elders explaining stuff.
    I too would like to see more about the Hokages, but I don't believe bringing them back was the only way to do it. Plus it loses the impact when they're some of the only people that hadn't been revived yet.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I mean, the elders could have explained the whole incident through flashbacks. That would have been interesting and would have involved the Third Hokage anyway, without needing to pull him out of the grave (or out of a Shinigami, same difference... bottom line is he's "passed on").

How would you feel if Jiraiya came back? He was given a satisfying and complete (albeit sad) exit from the story. Bringing characters back (even if they had a sudden or surprising demise) kind of disrespects the things they've done and the meaning of their death in the first place, in my opinion.

Although, I guess there's a fine line between whether it helps the story or not. For example, I guess it helped the overall plot to bring Madara back... so I'm a bit conflicted on that one. But bringing back 90% of the dead characters was much for me.
    Last edited by Kamex; 9th February 2013 at 8:55 AM.

I mean, the elders could have explained the whole incident through flashbacks. That would have been interesting and would have involved the Third Hokage anyway, without needing to pull him out of the grave (or out of a Shinigami, same difference... bottom line is he's "passed on").

How would you feel if Jiraiya came back? He was given a satisfying and complete (albeit sad) exit from the story. Bringing characters back (even if they had a sudden or surprising demise) kind of disrespects the things they've done and the meaning of their death in the first place, in my opinion.

Although, I guess there's a fine line between whether it helps the story or not. For example, I guess it helped the overall plot to bring Madara back... so I'm a bit conflicted on that one. But bringing back 90% of the dead characters was much for me.
    It is to make the fourth shinobi world war more exciting, lets face it, those zetsus weren't all that strong to beat. They needed stronger opponents.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    It is to make the fourth shinobi world war more exciting, lets face it, those zetsus weren't all that strong to beat. They needed stronger opponents.
    Lol, so they couldn't spend then chapters before the war having Tobi and what was left of the Akatsuki recruit new villain ninjas around the world that were actually alive? Surely every village has there own versions of Orochimaru who is trying to takeover and or destroy they're village from time to time. Why couldn't Kishi make up new villains for this war? The Edo Tensei zombies IMO were the worst aspect of this war, or at least one of them. It felt like lazy writing bringing dead warriors back to life to fight a war which should have introduced new villains for Naruto and friends to overcome. All these dead guys with legendary statuses pretty much just told the alliance how to beat them anyway unless Kabutomaru took control of them. We had some good fights in it, I will admit that, but it still felt like lazy writing and Edo Tensei became as cheap as the Sharingan. None of the Edo Tensei zombies were even that strong, nobody of importance died until Madara and Obito got their monster out. This Shinobi war has been anything but exciting to me.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    The Elders grew up alongside Sarutobi and was trained by both Hokages. They then went on to become part of the ruling force in Konoha, and directly contributed to the breakdown between Konoha and the Uchiha clan. They should know everything we're being told.

I'm really happy they brought back the 4 hokages. It'll make the war soooooooooooo much more interesting. It'd be cool if Naruto ad to fight his own father like Gaara did.

And I think it's BS that Neji died. I feel he was a very interesting and important character. I like his death lines though, "Because I was called a genuis!"

Well someone had to be killed off. Should have been Lee but whatevs.

I doubt Naruto would fight Minato since Orochimaru already said he has no interest in the war.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I think it should've been Tenten.......or Kiba. Kiba's a dick.
    PokeYami
    Make sure Wadder is your refferer!
    i don't want this moment, to ever end
    when everything is nothing, without you

Tumblr--EGC--My Anime List
    Giving away shinies/dw/event? I'll take them

Interesting is one thing, using quite possibly the cheapest scape goat in manga history to simply revive anyone and everyone who mattered is another. But to set the record straight, I'm fine with THIS edo tensei, they aren't battling and I don't think they'll join the war like everyone seems to think(since orochimaru straight up said he wouldn't join it)

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Its worth noting, that if we're talking about how the war COULD have gone, it wouldn't have been hard to write zetsu as being a hell of lot stronger. And personally I would have given him one main body, which would make for a more interesting character, something we still, after all these chapters, haven't seen much of in him.
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by wadder2 View Post
    I think it should've been Tenten.......or Kiba. Kiba's a dick.
    I don't really care for any of them, so none of their deaths would've bothered me. At least Neji's death allowed him to become free of his clan's "curse."

can someone clarify this for me.....i thought akatsuki needed to seal the beasts in order....but didn't they seal five and seven before the timeskip?

Quote Originally Posted by KantoLegends View Post
    can someone clarify this for me.....i thought akatsuki needed to seal the beasts in order....but didn't they seal five and seven before the timeskip?
    And the three-tails was sealed before the two-tails in the manga. There wasn't really a specific sealing order; the nine-tailed fox just needed to be sealed last.

I saw a post on a forum a few months ago that talked about that and I didn't even realize just how out of order the beasts have been sealed.

So it's Monday night and we have no new details at all yet? I'm getting too anxious here.

Question about last week's chapter though....first off....on the first page Orochimaru's face looks partly like Zetsu's but not on the second page...was this just an drawing error. Also...what happened to the remaining two Zetsu clones?
    Last edited by HoennMaster; 12th February 2013 at 3:32 AM.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I saw a post on a forum a few months ago that talked about that and I didn't even realize just how out of order the beasts have been sealed.

So it's Monday night and we have no new details at all yet? I'm getting too anxious here.

Question about last week's chapter though....first off....on the first page Orochimaru's face looks partly like Zetsu's but not on the second page...was this just an drawing error. Also...what happened to the remaining two Zetsu clones?
    They were killed. I belive (it) (hehe) by Suigetsu and Juugo. They were told to and I quote "take care of them."

Here is the part where they were assumedly killed.
    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/618/15

but then again he might have just body jumped in to one
    Last edited by insanejames; 12th February 2013 at 11:57 AM.

Page 867 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 767817857863864865866867868869870871877917967 ... LastLast