Page 873 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 773823863869870871872873874875876877883923973 ... LastLast
Results 21,801 to 21,825 of 27158

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

  1. #21801
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,961

    Default

    I like how Naruto has kind of focused on that since the Invasion of Pain up until the current arc. I believe it's been admitted by at least one character in the manga (not Hashirama, Madara or Obito) that the shinobi world is corrupt as hell and the Five warring Villages are only making it worse for everyone. Obito, Madara, Nagato weren't born evil. They had to corrupt themselves so that they could develop a form of peace to save the shinobi world.

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  2. #21802
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Around water.
    Posts
    2,457

    Default

    I wonder what form of "peace" or other conclusion Naruto will bring about after all of this. Everything's been leading to that, which he'll probably figure out completely after defeating Sasuke. I just hope it isn't a perfect solution, because that wouldn't be realistic at all.

  3. #21803
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Quite sure Naruto's solution will be ridiculous and unrealistic, given the whole faith theme going on.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  4. #21804
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,933

    Default

    I thought it was really sudden how the manga shifted from being pro-ninja to being against it. Like, the whole manga is about ninja fights and stuff, but we've learned more about the negative aspects of it in Part 2. I just don't like the inconsistency; Kishi should have talked about this stuff in Part 1 as well, but he barely touched on it.

  5. #21805
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Quite sure Naruto's solution will be ridiculous and unrealistic, given the whole faith theme going on.
    Naruto absorbs the ten tails and becomes a god, Then decides that everyone will answer to his laws and codes. At first peace is restored but soon Naruto starts to become corrupt with power. His orders are absolute and individual freedoms destroyed. Enter the next arc where a future generation try to defeat the monarch and restore free will to the world.

    Thanks to treeco123


    LIGHT SIDE HAS CUPCAKES
    DARK SIDE OFFERS COOKIES
    JOIN THE DERPY SIDE.... WE GOT MUFFINS

  6. #21806
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Am I the only one who's getting really tired of this same old backstory? (I didn't read the previous pages to be honest)

    Kishimoto used basically the same relation for Naruto/Sasuke, Jiraiya/Orochimaru, Hiruzen/Danzo, Kakashi/Obito and now Hashirama/Madara.
    (and, if we're a little more flexible, even Yahiko/Nagato)

    It's like all kids in the Naruto universe are split in Naruto-type and Sasuke-type and destined to meet their counterpart.

    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

  7. #21807
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebilly99 View Post
    Naruto absorbs the ten tails and becomes a god, Then decides that everyone will answer to his laws and codes. At first peace is restored but soon Naruto starts to become corrupt with power. His orders are absolute and individual freedoms destroyed. Enter the next arc where a future generation try to defeat the monarch and restore free will to the world.
    Or absorbs the 10-Tails and uses its power to eliminate the ninja arts entirely, right down to the Bloodline Limits and basic abilities, so that the series can finally retire.

  8. #21808
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Am I the only one who's getting really tired of this same old backstory? (I didn't read the previous pages to be honest)

    Kishimoto used basically the same relation for Naruto/Sasuke, Jiraiya/Orochimaru, Hiruzen/Danzo, Kakashi/Obito and now Hashirama/Madara.
    (and, if we're a little more flexible, even Yahiko/Nagato)

    It's like all kids in the Naruto universe are split in Naruto-type and Sasuke-type and destined to meet their counterpart.
    Yahiko and Nagato barely fit the Naruto/Sasuke relationship if they even register to fit it at all. There was never any real hostility or rivalry between them and they always seem to look out for and respect each other and Nagato's dream quickly became the same as Yahiko's. The others you mentioned do have the Naruto/Sasuke relationship but Nagato and Yahiko really don't have many traits of them. It's why I like them so much.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  9. #21809
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    515

    Default

    I'm starting to like Hashirama and Madara after the last chapter. It was interesting to see how they both held their friendship more than their own family and their twisted ideas of being a shinobi.

    Is there not going to be a chapter next week?

  10. #21810
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Yeah, there's no chapter next week.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  11. #21811
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I thought it was really sudden how the manga shifted from being pro-ninja to being against it. Like, the whole manga is about ninja fights and stuff, but we've learned more about the negative aspects of it in Part 2. I just don't like the inconsistency; Kishi should have talked about this stuff in Part 1 as well, but he barely touched on it.
    Zabuza/Haku-arc wasn't enough? I thought it pretty well established the negative aspects of shinobi as mercinaries and tools. Not to mention Gaara for the entirety of Part 1.

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Yeah, there's no chapter next week.
    Screw it all!! Luckily, we're getting Corocoro by that time and enough to keep ourselves entertained for a few short moments!
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  12. #21812
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Zabuza/Haku-arc wasn't enough? I thought it pretty well established the negative aspects of shinobi as mercinaries and tools. Not to mention Gaara for the entirety of Part 1.
    Yeah we got glimpses of it in the beginning of the series, then Kishi pretty much ignored that in favor of Naruto x Sasuke.

    So no chapter this week? Too bad, although I guess it's good that we didn't get a huge cliffhanger this time. Like don't get me wrong, I'm interested in the coming fight, but I'm not dying to know what happened. I guess it's because this is just another flashback.

  13. #21813
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,961

    Default

    I wonder what the fight will do to Hashirama and Madara. We know Tobirama and Izuna don't die, but we don't know about the fathers. The fight is being shown in a select flashback series, so it's obviously pivotal towards the former two.

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  14. #21814
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    I actually don't mind no new chapter. I'm not exactly jumping to get back to the flashback. I'm ready to see the remaining battle of the alliance vs Obito and Madara. And when the flashback ends we'll have to deal with more Sasuke and Orochimaru talking to the dead kages and the possibilities of them joining the battle. Ugh, just bring me back to Madara and Obito already. No offense to the flashback.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  15. #21815
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    You actually want to go back to Naruto vs Obito? I'm glad we turnt away from that fight. It had been dragging on for nearly a year and a half.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  16. #21816
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    You actually want to go back to Naruto vs Obito? I'm glad we turnt away from that fight. It had been dragging on for nearly a year and a half.
    Um, yeah? So we can finish it. This is probably then end of Obito or both him and Madara since I don't see them lasting beyond this final battle with the alliance, well maybe Madara. Finish what you start. This flashbacks timing is IMO very poor, right in the middle of a fight, just like this entire war arc has been poor. I want to finish up with Obito and Madara before moving on to flashbacks and then we have to deal with more Sasuke, Orochimaru and dead kages talking. It's all over the place. So yes I do want to get back to Naruto vs Obito. If you're tired of it then how will you handle Naruto vs Sasuke? That's sure to drag on as well.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  17. #21817
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    This is hardly the first time we've moved away from that fight, and as mentioned, it's literally been stuck at the same point for a year. I'd much rather have some character development and history then the same old, same old from Naruto and Obito. And really, at this point I'm doubting there will be a Naruto vs Sasuke, and if there is, it sure isn't gonna be long. The only thing that would make it long would be Naruto's attempt to change Sasuke's heart, which is moot at this point given that Sasuke is already beginning to change.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  18. #21818
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    Well that's true about Sasuke, I still want to get back to the main fight. The Flashback is important, but I still find the timing off. The flashback itself has moments but compared to what is currently going on with the Obito/Madara fight, it's boring to a degree. A main character just died (Neji) and everyone just got a cheap upgrade thanks to Kyuubi to fight Madara. I would like to see this fight continue as it was starting to pick and most of all when Obito and Madara go down, the war arc can finally end. I don't think they are going down soon but I personally would like to get back to the action. When they are down, then we can get loads of flashbacks.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  19. #21819
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Yeah we got glimpses of it in the beginning of the series, then Kishi pretty much ignored that in favor of Naruto x Sasuke.

    So no chapter this week? Too bad, although I guess it's good that we didn't get a huge cliffhanger this time. Like don't get me wrong, I'm interested in the coming fight, but I'm not dying to know what happened. I guess it's because this is just another flashback.
    You're saying it as if Naruto/Sasuke isn't the central thing this story is actually about.. :P

    And it's not 'just another flashback'. Considering what we know, this may very well be the final flashback. What else is left in the backstory to be told? We've got that little Kakashi/Rin bit that may have a minor flashback when Obito is going to bite the dust, but this is the last of the puzzle for the bigger picture. Oh, and Orochimaru may give us a flashback as well, but I don't know, they don't seem as critical for the understanding of the basis of the arc then this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    This is hardly the first time we've moved away from that fight, and as mentioned, it's literally been stuck at the same point for a year. I'd much rather have some character development and history then the same old, same old from Naruto and Obito. And really, at this point I'm doubting there will be a Naruto vs Sasuke, and if there is, it sure isn't gonna be long. The only thing that would make it long would be Naruto's attempt to change Sasuke's heart, which is moot at this point given that Sasuke is already beginning to change.
    Sasuke is beginning to change, but we don't know into what.. Kishi has thrown curveballs at us before.. Who knows, maybe Sasuke will turn into this: "well, villages are crap as well, I'll show you my solution!"-mofo.. And his and Naruto's truths and ideals will clash, and this big dragon will split in two, and.. wait.. :O
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  20. #21820
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    You're saying it as if Naruto/Sasuke isn't the central thing this story is actually about.. :P

    And it's not 'just another flashback'. Considering what we know, this may very well be the final flashback. What else is left in the backstory to be told? We've got that little Kakashi/Rin bit that may have a minor flashback when Obito is going to bite the dust, but this is the last of the puzzle for the bigger picture. Oh, and Orochimaru may give us a flashback as well, but I don't know, they don't seem as critical for the understanding of the basis of the arc then this one.



    Sasuke is beginning to change, but we don't know into what.. Kishi has thrown curveballs at us before.. Who knows, maybe Sasuke will turn into this: "well, villages are crap as well, I'll show you my solution!"-mofo.. And his and Naruto's truths and ideals will clash, and this big dragon will split in two, and.. wait.. :O
    A Kakashi/Rin flashback on why he killed her is sure to happen. Probably as Obito falls. Orochimaru will probably have something as well.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  21. #21821
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,933

    Default

    I'm waiting for the "Obito controlling the Mizukage" explanation flashback as it's really the last part of his past that I'm interested about. Like, why did he decide to do it? And was he the one who killed Yagura and freed the Sanbi?

  22. #21822
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    My place
    Posts
    655

    Default

    I read the chapter from a week ago (I know Im late) and that thing with the hands was..yeah. Didnt expect that. It was pretty cool for the First Hokage.

    -Sigh- Obito is getting on my nerves.


    Signature Stuff
        Spoiler:- undefined:

  23. #21823
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I'm waiting for the "Obito controlling the Mizukage" explanation flashback as it's really the last part of his past that I'm interested about. Like, why did he decide to do it? And was he the one who killed Yagura and freed the Sanbi?
    Wasn't Madara's silhouette present in a flashback regarding this too? I'm pretty sure Obito hasn't gone far enough to actually appear as Madara.

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  24. #21824
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fond du lac, wisconsin
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I'm pretty sure Obito hasn't gone far enough to actually appear as Madara.
    Why not? After all, he pretended to be an interesting and dynamic villain for a hundred chapters, just to be revealed as obito haha
    ----------------------------------

  25. #21825
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Around water.
    Posts
    2,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    And really, at this point I'm doubting there will be a Naruto vs Sasuke, and if there is, it sure isn't gonna be long.
    Really? Their rematch has been hinted at by every part of the story since the end of Part I (everything from the Senju vs Uchiha rivalry to Naruto's obsession with finding him even though he's now a worldwide-wanted criminal). I suppose Sasuke could end up using his EMS to help end the war, but I still think it's way more likely the story will end with their battle.

    The only thing that would make it long would be Naruto's attempt to change Sasuke's heart, which is moot at this point given that Sasuke is already beginning to change.
    If anything that's simply the seed of change being planted... I don't think Sasuke will just drop everything he's been planning after these flashbacks like nothing happened. But who knows I guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Wasn't Madara's silhouette present in a flashback regarding this too? I'm pretty sure Obito hasn't gone far enough to actually appear as Madara.
    Well he did look somewhat similar with his hair during his recuperation under Madara, assuming you're talking about when he had his first mask with the long hair. I'm pretty sure Obito, not Madara, is the only one with a penchant for wearing masks, ever since he decided to forgo his previous identity and become "Tobi" or "Madara" or whoever else necessary.
    Last edited by Kamex; 13th March 2013 at 6:50 AM.

Page 873 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 773823863869870871872873874875876877883923973 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •