Page 874 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 774824864870871872873874875876877878884924974 ... LastLast
Results 21,826 to 21,850 of 27143

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

Is it on a break this week?

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    Is it on a break this week?

B
    Yes, Naruto is on a break.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

That is what I figured, but for some reason I could not find out for certain using Google

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Wasn't Madara's silhouette present in a flashback regarding this too? I'm pretty sure Obito hasn't gone far enough to actually appear as Madara.
    I'm pretty sure it was Obito who was controlling the Mizukage, as Madara couldn't even leave his little hideout much less appear in Kirigakure. I just wanted to hear Obito's explanation for going there and controlling the Mizukage, although I suppose we can assume that he did so out of vengeance for how their ninja pursued Rin.

There has to be more to the controlling Mizukage thing. I'm sure it will be explained as it is related to Kakashi "letting Rin die."

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Well that's true about Sasuke, I still want to get back to the main fight. The Flashback is important, but I still find the timing off. The flashback itself has moments but compared to what is currently going on with the Obito/Madara fight, it's boring to a degree. A main character just died (Neji) and everyone just got a cheap upgrade thanks to Kyuubi to fight Madara. I would like to see this fight continue as it was starting to pick and most of all when Obito and Madara go down, the war arc can finally end. I don't think they are going down soon but I personally would like to get back to the action. When they are down, then we can get loads of flashbacks.
    I can see why some people would consider the flashbacks boring and a waste of time, but having flashbacks afterward seems like it would be an even bigger waste of time, needlessly extending the finish. Besides, with the implication that the Edo Hokages would be allowed to go to the war after answering Sasuke's questions, it makes sense that it's all happening now, so that they can then go off and lend a hand, finally allowing Madara and Obito to be defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Sasuke is beginning to change, but we don't know into what.. Kishi has thrown curveballs at us before.. Who knows, maybe Sasuke will turn into this: "well, villages are crap as well, I'll show you my solution!"-mofo.. And his and Naruto's truths and ideals will clash, and this big dragon will split in two, and.. wait.. :O
    A curveball is always possible, but I just can't see it happening, not this late in the game. I especially can't see Kishi have Itachi and the Hokages fail.

Wasn't Madara's silhouette present in a flashback regarding this too? I'm pretty sure Obito hasn't gone far enough to actually appear as Madara.
    Kisame's reaction to Obito revealing his face implies that it had been Obito, along with the fact that Madara was stuck underground.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex View Post
    Really? Their rematch has been hinted at by every part of the story since the end of Part I (everything from the Senju vs Uchiha rivalry to Naruto's obsession with finding him even though he's now a worldwide-wanted criminal). I suppose Sasuke could end up using his EMS to help end the war, but I still think it's way more likely the story will end with their battle.
    If there is a battle, I can't see it being that massive. The only reason Sasuke was gonna fight Naruto at all was because he was gonna destroy Konoha, but now it appears as if he has put that aside.

If anything that's simply the seed of change being planted... I don't think Sasuke will just drop everything he's been planning after these flashbacks like nothing happened. But who knows I guess.
    But the seeds already got planted, by Itachi, which is the whole reason Sasuke is having second thoughts and is looking for answers. He pretty much has dropped what he had originally planned, the destruction of Konoha, to assist Orochimaru in reviving the Edo Hokages.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

The flashbacks are sooo *hyperventilates* awesome
    It's really interesting to see madara n'first hokage's past!
    Though its kinda weird seeing madara being like naruto (he can't pee while people are looking at him... >.>)
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    I can see why some people would consider the flashbacks boring and a waste of time, but having flashbacks afterward seems like it would be an even bigger waste of time, needlessly extending the finish. Besides, with the implication that the Edo Hokages would be allowed to go to the war after answering Sasuke's questions, it makes sense that it's all happening now, so that they can then go off and lend a hand, finally allowing Madara and Obito to be defeated.

A curveball is always possible, but I just can't see it happening, not this late in the game. I especially can't see Kishi have Itachi and the Hokages fail.

Kisame's reaction to Obito revealing his face implies that it had been Obito, along with the fact that Madara was stuck underground.

If there is a battle, I can't see it being that massive. The only reason Sasuke was gonna fight Naruto at all was because he was gonna destroy Konoha, but now it appears as if he has put that aside.

But the seeds already got planted, by Itachi, which is the whole reason Sasuke is having second thoughts and is looking for answers. He pretty much has dropped what he had originally planned, the destruction of Konoha, to assist Orochimaru in reviving the Edo Hokages.
    I'll be honest, and this is just my opinion, but I would hate to see the dead Hokages get involved with defeating Madara and Obito. I kinda think they will be involved with defeating Madara, but hopefully Naruto can beat Obito and Ten-Tails. It just makes the young generation look weak if they need the dead Hokage zombies to save them when they are suppose to be surpassing the old dogs. It would feel like to much of a plot device. That's just me though.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I think I'm hoping in vain when I wish that the 'kages can help change Sasuke's mind... OTL but oh, do I wish.

Either way though, definitely still wanna see Naruto fight Obito on his own >:I
    [img]http://oi43.*******.com/142adzr.jpg[/img]

come get a clock at equal to heaven's clock shop!
    [img]http://oi42.*******.com/2j28503.jpg[/img]

Naruto has been influencing changes of heart all over the story ever since the Land of Waves arc, Gaara being the prime example in my mind. His idealism vs. Sasuke's cynicism is one of the main themes. It would be rather anticlimactic and surprising (in my opinion) if Sasuke were to mellow out completely before Naruto even gets a chance to say a word to him. But maybe that's just me.

Am I the only one still wondering what's up with Sasuke's Mangekyou Sharingan? Can he just go back to his original one? If so, then why? I'm just going to take this as a small, overlooked mistake like some of the Leaf's headbands in the past.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    Am I the only one still wondering what's up with Sasuke's Mangekyou Sharingan? Can he just go back to his original one? If so, then why? I'm just going to take this as a small, overlooked mistake like some of the Leaf's headbands in the past.
    Yeah like when Orochimaru was wearing a leaf headband when he was meant to be wearing a sound one XD
    I think the flashbacks are pretty good as it could lead to how Madara became like this and we may see sasuke turning good after hearing what the Kages have to say.... But then again maybe sasuke's hate is just too much and he may have to be killed we'll see!

There has to be more to the controlling Mizukage thing. I'm sure it will be explained as it is related to Kakashi "letting Rin die."
    Which will be answered in the flashback, just before Obito dies.. :P

Concerning the current flashback. What if Hashirama returns to Butsuma and Tobirama's side? And the three of them kill Madara's father?

That will surely set off their antagonism towards each other.. At least Madara's towards Hashirama. Hashirama could go back under the premise that he wanted to stop both sides, but the only result was that Madara's dad died.
    Last edited by Locormus; 14th March 2013 at 6:41 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    Well we've seen Sasuke with his normal Mangekyo Sharingan twice recently, so I'm starting to think that it's not an error but that Sasuke has the ability to turn the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan off like a normal Sharingan.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I'll be honest, and this is just my opinion, but I would hate to see the dead Hokages get involved with defeating Madara and Obito. I kinda think they will be involved with defeating Madara, but hopefully Naruto can beat Obito and Ten-Tails. It just makes the young generation look weak if they need the dead Hokage zombies to save them when they are suppose to be surpassing the old dogs. It would feel like to much of a plot device. That's just me though.
    The whole younger generation surpassing the old has already been screwed over via the sheer strength of Madara and Hashirama. Anyway, I can't at all see Naruto defeating the Juubi along, and it seems more likely that Obito will be dealt with by Kakashi to give that whole thing closure. I suppose I lack any hope in Naruto actually succeeding due to his previous lackluster attempts against them. That could very well change, though normally it would only happen with a new powerup and Naruto seems to have reached his final one.

Naruto has been influencing changes of heart all over the story ever since the Land of Waves arc, Gaara being the prime example in my mind. His idealism vs. Sasuke's cynicism is one of the main themes. It would be rather anticlimactic and surprising (in my opinion) if Sasuke were to mellow out completely before Naruto even gets a chance to say a word to him. But maybe that's just me.
    But that's the thing though. Despite Naruto's ability, Sasuke has been the one person not affected by it. Naruto has tried numerous times without much effect, while Itachi pretty much succeed after telling Sasuke the truth. And we already saw with Gaara that Naruto isn't necessarily needed to help people change, as Gaara changed the entire Allied Army himself. If Naruto is to succeed against Sasuke, I can't see it being more then the last tiny push, because Kishi treats the Hokages and Itachi far to sacred to allow them to not help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Well we've seen Sasuke with his normal Mangekyo Sharingan twice recently, so I'm starting to think that it's not an error but that Sasuke has the ability to turn the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan off like a normal Sharingan.
    That would be weird though since the EMS is supposedly the exact same thing, except "eternal". Maybe it takes more energy to maintain, or maybe Sasuke just wants to hide the fact that he has an EMS until the right time for that wow-factor... but other than that I don't really see why he'd still be able to pull out the regular Mangekyou Sharingan. Maybe Kishi and his editor simply haven't caught on to the mistake yet.

That could very well change, though normally it would only happen with a new powerup and Naruto seems to have reached his final one.
    I can see Naruto getting another power up in the last volumes of the story, like an "ultimate" new power that we didn't see coming at all. It's happened in other stories before...

But that's the thing though. Despite Naruto's ability, Sasuke has been the one person not affected by it. Naruto has tried numerous times without much effect, while Itachi pretty much succeed after telling Sasuke the truth. And we already saw with Gaara that Naruto isn't necessarily needed to help people change, as Gaara changed the entire Allied Army himself. If Naruto is to succeed against Sasuke, I can't see it being more then the last tiny push, because Kishi treats the Hokages and Itachi far to sacred to allow them to not help.
    Well actually, the fact that Naruto hasn't been able to reach Sasuke all this time is part of the reason I think Naruto will be the one to get Sasuke back. It's like we've been waiting to see how Naruto can get him back to the light, and the story as a whole is too idealistic for Naruto to lose at this (at least completely). That being said, I agree that Itachi and all the Hokage have had an effect on Sasuke and Naruto definitely couldn't do it alone. I could be wrong, but I just think it's likely that Naruto will finish the job... unless Kishi throws out a random plot twist towards the end (which could be pleasantly surprising, depending on what it is).

EDIT: Just to clarify, even though Itachi and the Hokage are having an effect, I don't think that means it's too late for Sasuke to go medieval on the rest of the world. He can have a lot of stuff going on his head that doesn't really get to him until after fighting Naruto, at which point Naruto's words will be more effective and poignant due to the memories/flashbacks of Itachi and the Hokage's words. Or maybe he'll twist what the Hokage say about the Uchiha into something perverted and antagonistic, but he'll realize "the meaning of it all" later. But I guess there are a million ways it can all go down.
    Last edited by Kamex; 15th March 2013 at 10:03 AM.

I can see Naruto getting another power up in the last volumes of the story, like an "ultimate" new power that we didn't see coming at all. It's happened in other stories before...
    Naruto don't have any other place to gain another power-up from, not to mention all the hoopla over his mastery of the Kyuubi.

Well actually, the fact that Naruto hasn't been able to reach Sasuke all this time is part of the reason I think Naruto will be the one to get Sasuke back. It's like we've been waiting to see how Naruto can get him back to the light, and the story as a whole is too idealistic for Naruto to lose at this (at least completely). That being said, I agree that Itachi and all the Hokage have had an effect on Sasuke and Naruto definitely couldn't do it alone. I could be wrong, but I just think it's likely that Naruto will finish the job... unless Kishi throws out a random plot twist towards the end (which could be pleasantly surprising, depending on what it is).
    Naruto tried the buddy thing, he tried the truth, he tried the "knowing the same pain" thing, and still had less of an effect then Itachi did after a single conversation. What can Naruto possibly say at this point that would be any different from his previous efforts? The idealism of the story would still work without Naruto doing anything, as long as Sasuke became good again. We already had Gaara take over the role of converting people in place of Naruto several times during the current arc.

EDIT: Just to clarify, even though Itachi and the Hokage are having an effect, I don't think that means it's too late for Sasuke to go medieval on the rest of the world. He can have a lot of stuff going on his head that doesn't really get to him until after fighting Naruto, at which point Naruto's words will be more effective and poignant due to the memories/flashbacks of Itachi and the Hokage's words. Or maybe he'll twist what the Hokage say about the Uchiha into something perverted and antagonistic, but he'll realize "the meaning of it all" later. But I guess there are a million ways it can all go down.
    Well I personally can't see it going that way. Their words appear to already be having an effect, as we could see with his reaction to Tobirama, where instead of his normal overreaction and raging, Sasuke listen to him relatively calmly. Previous Sasuke definitely wouldn't have done that. Can't see the character development having him regress after progressing so much, only to set it up so he could gain the exact same progress again.

Naruto don't have any other place to gain another power-up from, not to mention all the hoopla over his mastery of the Kyuubi.
    Just off the top of my head: a special new Senju technique or power-up, the Rinnegan or alternate form of one, a combination of Sage Mode and the Kyuubi's power, some new Rasengan variation he comes up with on the spot, an ultimate jutsu that takes everyone's chakra (Spirit Bomb-esque), or something from left-field that Kishi's been saving for the climax of the story. Not saying that any of this will happen, but just want to make the point that there are possibilities. No one thought of combining the Six Paths of Pain with Jinchuuriki until it happened, or using Edo Tensei to aid in a war, or Orochimaru's White Snake form, etc.

Naruto tried the buddy thing, he tried the truth, he tried the "knowing the same pain" thing, and still had less of an effect then Itachi did after a single conversation. What can Naruto possibly say at this point that would be any different from his previous efforts? The idealism of the story would still work without Naruto doing anything, as long as Sasuke became good again. We already had Gaara take over the role of converting people in place of Naruto several times during the current arc.
    I can see Gaara helping with others, but I don't see anyone taking Naruto's "main project" if you will. But again, I could be wrong.

Well I personally can't see it going that way. Their words appear to already be having an effect, as we could see with his reaction to Tobirama, where instead of his normal overreaction and raging, Sasuke listen to him relatively calmly. Previous Sasuke definitely wouldn't have done that. Can't see the character development having him regress after progressing so much, only to set it up so he could gain the exact same progress again.
    I guess that's a good point, although Sasuke has made very strange decisions in the past! And this doesn't explain why Sasuke would suddenly go against the fated rivalry of the Senju and Uchiha. That is, unless Sasuke's doing so is supposed to prove that it doesn't have to be that way. Well, we'll see soon if he decides to be a hero again.

By the way, did anyone notice that Mabui (Raikage's assistant lady) and Ao died? Especially Mabui? I don't think I did until I was reading her profile recently... I wonder if anyone else quietly disappeared during this war.

Naruto still has that Jutsu. We still have no idea what it does or even if it's a normal Jutsu.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Wasn't that just the Nine Tails cloak, if I'm remembering the PTS reference right?

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Wasn't that just the Nine Tails cloak, if I'm remembering the PTS reference right?
    I don't think we have confirmation on what "that jutsu" was supposed to be, but many people think it's the Bijuu Ball thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I don't think we have confirmation on what "that jutsu" was supposed to be, but many people think it's the Bijuu Ball thing.
    That's something that's bugged me for a while. What is "that jutsu" that Jiraiya and Minato believed that only Naruto could do? First, it was implied to be the Nature element Rasengan, then the RasenShuriken, and now the Bijuu Ball. What the hell is it? IIRC they made it seem like it was something Jiraiya and Minato had tried, but couldn't accomplish, which would rule out the Bijuu Ball since that's a Jinchuuriki move. Who knows? I don't even think Kishi knows, or he just forgot.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Hm, I really liked this last chapter. Things got moving pretty fast and yet it's pretty easy to see how the two clans, Izuna, Tobirama, Hashirama, and especially Madara started to become the way they became known to be in the present time. And after all these flashbacks, Madara has gone through a lot of character development. Always interesting to see how "villains" become who they are.

Hashirama is the main reason the shinobi world is the way it is now. If Tobirama (and presumably the rest of the Senju) had his way and got rid of Madara (as all the Uchiha probably expected), I wonder what kind of future would have come about...

It's kind of pointless to have these cliffhangers when we already know the result.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    It's kind of pointless to have these cliffhangers when we already know the result.
    He kills none, so what DOES he do?

I expect the exact solution within 3 hours.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Page 874 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 774824864870871872873874875876877878884924974 ... LastLast