Page 880 of 1040 FirstFirst ... 780830870876877878879880881882883884890930980 ... LastLast
Results 21,976 to 22,000 of 25985

Thread: Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    It was really Hashirama that pushed Sasuke to fighting for the Leaf and not against. I mean, it's obviously all for Itachi's sake, but Sasuke and Hashirama being in similar predicaments completed the transition.
    I disagree. I mean I think Hashirama did a good job of telling Sasuke about the village's past, but I don't think he did enough to show the Uchiha clan's contribution. He mostly talked about how Madara went and ruined their dream, which only made Madara look bad and since Sasuke never cared about him to begin with, I don't think it was enough to change Sasuke's mind. I think Hashirama should have spoken more about the good things that the Uchiha did that way Sasuke would see that his clan was considered to be a great asset.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Nope, it was sudden, last time we saw him before Itachi's return he was talking about how he'd destroy Naruto and the village. Then even during his meeting with Itachi, he still stated he'd destroy the Leaf. You and Ciccone are looking at it wrong anyway, sure it took place over thirty chapters, but by manga timing, it's been exactly only a day or two :/
    that is true.However maybe it's just me but...

He said it was such emptyness to me...the way the manga panel looked like when he was telling itachi "I'm gonna destroy the leaf anyway!" seemed so...like he was lying to himself. He was saying it because thats already what he told his brother.
    The way he said his words, they just seemed so exxagerated and obviously faulting, Itachi's word's were effecting him, he just wasn't admitting it.

And while I might be possibly interpreting it wrong, people communicate their feelings with more then just words. Body language is especially effective at convincing someone.

When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Pardon me for my n00b question, but does "double issue" mean two simultaneous chapters in once?
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Intended Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    Pardon me for my n00b question, but does "double issue" mean two simultaneous chapters in once?
    Nope. It just counts for two weeks. So we'll get a chapter one week and have to wait another for the next.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    Nope. It just counts for two weeks. So we'll get a chapter one week and have to wait another for the next.
    Drats. I kinda had my hopes up it would be two chapters in once. Joke's on me, I guess xD
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Intended Omega Ruby Team:

With Sasuke's "change of heart" I wonder if he's going to apologize to team seven like he did Karin. "Oh hey Sakura, sorry for nearly Chidoring your face off, and almost killing you Kakashi and Naruto. I'm also sorry for laughing in your faces and making you worry for over three years and vowing to kill everyone in the village. I'm also sorry for aiding the Akatsuki that one time and for pretty much making Raikage lose his arm and I guess I'm sorry for killing Danzo...well not really sorry about him." Oh the build up of Naruto.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    With Sasuke's "change of heart" I wonder if he's going to apologize to team seven like he did Karin. "Oh hey Sakura, sorry for nearly Chidoring your face off, and almost killing you Kakashi and Naruto. I'm also sorry for laughing in your faces and making you worry for over three years and vowing to kill everyone in the village. I'm also sorry for aiding the Akatsuki that one time and for pretty much making Raikage lose his arm and I guess I'm sorry for killing Danzo...well not really sorry about him." Oh the build up of Naruto.
    I don't think he'll apologize because he's really stubborn. And to be honest, I think Team 7 would take him back no matter what so I don't think Sasuke has to repent or anything. The other villagers on the other hand, probably won't be so eager to accept him until Naruto whips out his infamous Talk no Jutsu which will make everything better.

Don't forget Friendship no Jutsu!

I'm sure, if Sasuke really has become a Leaf shinobi (so to speak) once more, he'll find some way to apologize to them. If he apologized to Karin, I'm sure he will to Naruto and Sakura.

Well, so much for all those scenes teasing Naruto vs. Sasuke in every single Shippuden opening theme.

I don't mind the fact that Itachi had a big hand in changing Sasuke, and I even couldn't help but smile at the fact that Sasuke noticed how similar Itachi's ideals were to Hashirama's. But after everything the plot's showed us concerning Sasuke - the tragic story of his entire life after all his bouts of insanity and anger - suddenly he decides he's going to be helpful...? I don't know how I should feel about this. I honestly don't think there was enough to lead up to it... but I guess it was the same with Nagato's Face Turn and Obito's Heel Turn.

And what's with Orochimaru and Karin suddenly being best friends with Sasuke again, not to mention him accepting that? Or the Third accepting Orochimaru? I'm not sure which one's kissing up to Sasuke more, Orochimaru or Karin. Karin was never that deep of a character in the first place, but I thought her little character development plus the fact that she's from the Uzumaki clan was going to mean something. Guess not. And Orochimaru needs to give up his villain license, cuz other than being a Dues Ex Machina to revive the Hokage, he's pretty much useless to the plot now as far as I'm concerned.

All of the humor of this chapter was nice, but sort of a slap in the face at the same time considering how rushed the important aspects of the story have obviously become. Kishi must have his editor constantly in his face to finish this manga, or maybe he's sick of it or something, because he built the plot way further than he seems to have the capacity to control anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Macklin View Post
    Redemptions have to be hard, the consequences tough, that way when the character gets through to the other side and is finally redeemed we can feel that they have accomplished something.
    You're right. But Sasuke rejoining the good guys was always likely, hopefully Sasuke will still have appropriate consequences for his actions. I wouldn't be satisfied with a boring lawful punishment though. Some type of poetic justice would be best in my opinion.

There's also a scene when Danzo announces that Sasuke is free to be killed that Ino cries as well. I know Ino still harbor feelings for Sasuke, but at the very least her entire existence doesn't revolve around making him her boyfriend anymore. Ino did break away from that, but of course she still has feelings for Sasuke. To actually want her to fully break away from that is simply asking to much. This is Naruto after all, females don't get written well here.
    Actually I think it makes sense that Ino didn't completely get over Sasuke. In real life it's not usually that simple to just forget about a strong crush very quickly. The fact that she's been able to move on for the most part despite that makes her better written than say, Sakura (although even Sakura finally changed at some point if I remember correctly).

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    To be honest does anyone think that Obito has surpassed Minato at this point or if Madara surpassed Hashirama?
    I sort of felt Tobi surpassed or at least is very similar to Minato, but after his reveal as Obito he doesn't seem as enigmatically powerful anymore. He is a one trick pony for the most part, but his one trick is usually epic against anyone other than Kakashi. I think Madara has more sheer power and abilities than Hashirama now, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'd win in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Huh? No. Sasuke didn't change simply because of the history lesson; he changed more due to Itachi and his actions, which started when Itachi finally told him the truth. It makes much more sense that Sasuke would be changed by Itachi's actions, given the amount of devotion he had for his older brother, then to be changed by Naruto's actions.
    But it didn't really make sense considering Sasuke initially decided to go against Itachi's will (of fire) and ideals by destroying the Leaf, even right after hearing the entire truth about Itachi's life. Sure, I agree that Itachi has always had a strong effect on Sasuke (for better or for worse), and that he was now the greatest determiner in Sasuke's change, but I still feel like Kishi didn't give Sasuke enough time and plot events to justify it happening so quickly. But I guess we can blame that on his rushing the plot.

Not to mention, despite how illogical you think it is, the plot has implied that Naruto will have a hand in changing Sasuke ever since... forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    Sasuke choice here was great, but if Naruto and/or Team 7 wasn't going to play a role in his inevitable change, then a decent chunk of story is kinda wasted..

Naruto and Sakura spent a long time attempting to reach him, and he implication for years was that their bond would ultimately set things straight. Even Itachi said that much in this very war arc. That "The one who can change you is no longer me" before he left to the afterlife again.

Now he's back, but that supposed bond has almost nothing to do with his decision...
    Exactly!

If this wasn't shounen there might have been a more realistic turn of events for Sasuke. To be honest, this might sound cynical, but I think Danzo's end was the only realistic end to a villain in the entire series. He was stubborn until the very end, but just as he died we saw him show his sympathetic side and that he ultimately had good intentions that lead him down a dark path and he had to pay for it. Sasuke better end up dying or losing his Sharingan forever or something, because his whole story would be pretty screwed up if he doesn't sacrifice something.

Well, he did rid Konoha of some pestering Akatsuki, so it all evens out in the end, I suppose. Though the Kage Summit was a big stain.

I'm late to the party yet for me, the chapter was perfect. Nice seeing Karin return above all. His excuse for stabbing her was pathetic but what can one say? She still has a role to play if Kishimoto maintained her alive. We need to see more action from the ladies. Can't wait to see Team's 7 reaction to the reunited Hawk members. Kotetsu, Izumo, Iruka, Hatake, Tenten... give me all the lesser characters with a role and I'm as happy as can be. And Shisui is Kagami's son?! It makes sense. Nice to see Kagami was a benevolent Uchiha. I personally would love for him to return via Edo Tensei but it's a bit late for that and he probably was plain compared to other Uchiha. Still, it's my love for minor characters and underdogs that's speaking.

I'm not buying Orochimaru's change of heart for now. All in all, he still has the Hokage partially under his command. And now, time to see Minato's reaction to Obito and their possible fight. This is all warming up to be one of the most epic matches I've seen. The possibility of seeing this animated makes me an excited and proud fan.

Do you personally think there will be a chance to see a closure on what happened to Black Zetsu? I was hoping his fall would be... more graceful.
    Last edited by SharpedoX; 16th April 2013 at 12:41 PM.
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex View Post
    To be honest, this might sound cynical, but I think Danzo's end was the only realistic end to a villain in the entire series.
    Okay maybe this is pushing a little too far, I liked Zabuza's end, and perhaps also Kimimaro, even Gaara, etc. But some of the redeeming of these characters came too easily, especially during the war arc. I guess I'm supposed to feel warm and fuzzy inside but it should take a bit of work to get that out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoX View Post
    Well, he did rid Konoha of some pestering Akatsuki, so it all evens out in the end, I suppose. Though the Kage Summit was a big stain.
    The only thing going for Sasuke is that he never killed anyone who wasn't already hated or a wanted criminal. But I wouldn't say it all evens out, considering he was a major villain for the entirety of Part II until recently.

Nice seeing Karin return above all. His excuse for stabbing her was pathetic but what can one say?
    Sasuke didn't even have an excuse, he just apologized and apparently all is well within one or two panels. Definitely rushed... I hope it's addressed a little more before the manga is finished.

I do like that Kagami was mentioned, but I kind of wish we got some more info on him. Although giving him a Mangekyou Sharingan probably would have been overkill. Speaking of which, I'm pretty interested to see an Eternal Mangekou Sharingan battle between Sasuke and Madara. I wonder how Madara will react to see someone else with one...

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I don't think he'll apologize because he's really stubborn. And to be honest, I think Team 7 would take him back no matter what so I don't think Sasuke has to repent or anything. The other villagers on the other hand, probably won't be so eager to accept him until Naruto whips out his infamous Talk no Jutsu which will make everything better.
    Talk no Justu is the worlds most powerful weapon. As long as Naruto doesn't bow to Raikage again, pleading not to kill Sasuke. The lowest point in Naruto's ninja career.

It's funny because I actually see Naruto's Talk no Justu being just the thing that makes everyone forgive Sasuke if the time comes. Probably something about how anyone can change and brings up Nagato or something.

Too bad they can't just bring back Nagato, probably could end the war himself.

So I just saw on another website that there is no new chapter this week and that next week there is a double issue of SJ....does this mean two chapters next week?
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    So I just saw on another website that there is no new chapter this week and that next week there is a double issue of SJ....does this mean two chapters next week?
    No. It does not.

Talk no Justu is the worlds most powerful weapon. As long as Naruto doesn't bow to Raikage again, pleading not to kill Sasuke. The lowest point in Naruto's ninja career.
    I think the Raikage has changed for the worst. Back when he was introduced he was such a bad ass and his stubbornness and fiery personality were charming character quirks. Now I fully expect him to cower at Naruto's feet instead of the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Double issue is just a fancy term that means that the next issue counts for two weeks worth of reading material instead of one. It's a misnomer. Speaking of which, I thought Naruto was on break this week because of Golden Week, but I guess Kishi just wanted an extra week off for research purposes or something? Whatever. I just hope the manga comes back strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I think the Raikage has changed for the worst. Back when he was introduced he was such a bad ass and his stubbornness and fiery personality were charming character quirks. Now I fully expect him to cower at Naruto's feet instead of the other way around.

Double issue is just a fancy term that means that the next issue counts for two weeks worth of reading material instead of one. It's a misnomer. Speaking of which, I thought Naruto was on break this week because of Golden Week, but I guess Kishi just wanted an extra week off for research purposes or something? Whatever. I just hope the manga comes back strong.
    One of my all time fave moments in Naruto was Raikage *****slapping Sasuke even when he was covered in Amaterasu flames. Raikage did not care and slapped the taste out of Sasuke. Love that moment. Sasuke probably thought he had it under control and was acting cool with his flames and Raikage lets him have it. But even Raikage will fall to talk no jutsu.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    It's funny because I actually see Naruto's Talk no Justu being just the thing that makes everyone forgive Sasuke if the time comes. Probably something about how anyone can change and brings up Nagato or something.

Too bad they can't just bring back Nagato, probably could end the war himself.
    Actually, Nagato was brought back alongside Itachi, but he was kept under control by the Edo Tensei.

BTW, what's the anime in your sig this time?
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

"It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell

Banner by: Skiyomi
    Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Actually, Nagato was brought back alongside Itachi, but he was kept under control by the Edo Tensei.

BTW, what's the anime in your sig this time?
    I think he means too bad they can't bring him back again, this time on the Alliance's side.

Ore no Imouto Konnani Kawai Wake ga Nai (My Little Sister Can't Be this Cute).

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex View Post
    But it didn't really make sense considering Sasuke initially decided to go against Itachi's will (of fire) and ideals by destroying the Leaf, even right after hearing the entire truth about Itachi's life. Sure, I agree that Itachi has always had a strong effect on Sasuke (for better or for worse), and that he was now the greatest determiner in Sasuke's change, but I still feel like Kishi didn't give Sasuke enough time and plot events to justify it happening so quickly. But I guess we can blame that on his rushing the plot.

Not to mention, despite how illogical you think it is, the plot has implied that Naruto will have a hand in changing Sasuke ever since... forever.
    Technically, Sasuke's original goal was to simply deal with the council who was responsible, and it later became about all of Konoha as he became more crazy. In that, he did achieve his goal, killing Danzo. Afterwards, it was only a matter of showing Sasuke how much Itachi truly loved him and then what worth the village was. Sure it was rush when compared to Sasuke's growth as a villain, but it was relatively alright compared to the rest of the rushed plot.

Eh, it's more like it's been forever implied they would fight each other, which can still happen.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Great. I wanted the manga to switch focus, but this chapter didn't really move the way I thought it would. Madara's reaction to Hashirama's chakra was interesting, but that was probably the only stand-out thing that happened. Oh, and Obito and Kakashi teleporting away from the fight. I guess Naruto won't get a chance to use his Talk no Jutsu after all.

God, when is the Ten-tails going to transform again.

This thing is completely non-threatening.

I love Madara's rape face. Best part of the whole chapter by far.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

I wonder if Kakashi and Obito will be stuck in their alternate dimension forever now. Maybe Kakashi will somehow get Obito back on his side in time to help in the war again. And maybe they'll die doing so together.

Madara's crazy lol. It seems that unlike Obito, the Moon's Eye Plan is not his only remaining obsession (if he ever even intended on completing it).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    I love Madara's rape face. Best part of the whole chapter by far.
    I was hoping I'd be the one to mention it first...I freaking loved that expression, aha.

White Kyurem, the dragon infused with the power of Reshiram

Page 880 of 1040 FirstFirst ... 780830870876877878879880881882883884890930980 ... LastLast