Page 905 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 8058558959019029039049059069079089099159551005 ... LastLast
Results 22,601 to 22,625 of 27136

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

  1. #22601
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,363

    Default

    Wow, the ultimate combination between the Rasengan and Amaterasu...and it looked really, really boring.

    Seriously, what's up, Kishimoto? You're supposed to make moments like that flashy and exciting.

  2. #22602
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,954

    Default

    Can't help but think that Kishi is talking through Shikamaru. There's still hope for the minor characters even though their powers are next to useless!

    Why is Temari talking in the past tense? Does she know Shikamaru will die or does she know Naruto is basically the next Hokage?

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  3. #22603
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,175

    Default

    Obito's probably going to get back up and do something that screws up the alliance next chapter.

  4. #22604
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,756

    Default

    I love how this chapter addressed the uselessness of everyone not named Naruto, Sasuke, Dead Hokages, Madara, and Obito. Even Killer Bee, the Tailed Beast expert, feels useless. I would have enjoyed this battle more if the Konoha rookies and maybe even Gaara's siblings were fighting alongside Naruto and Sasuke and they were the ones to end Obito and Madara and cement their legacy in the ninja world. It feels like the Dead Hokages are just stealing the show, and I do not like it. Even Naruto and Sasuke feel underpowered compared to these guys, and it was not that long ago everyone was complaining about how overpowered they were, myself included.

    That aside, this chapter was better then the last one. I enjoyed Shikamaru's speech to everyone and Ino is still getting good use of her abilities. That's one thing good that came out of this, the proper use of Ino. That sounds wrong. I agree with Temari, Shikamaru would make a great Hokage. I'd actually consider him Hokage after Tsunade and have him hold it until it's time for Naruto and Sasuke's run for it. Overall a decent chapter. Hinata's also getting a Byakugan exercise so she's not totally sidelined. I do love how Sakura's using Hinata like a pair of binoculars.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  5. #22605
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    It's really nice to see some actual teamwork again. And look, Sasuke was protecting Naruto... Anyway, Tobirama and Minato's combo was pretty cool, along with Tobirama pretty much showing everyone up. The return of the Enton/FRS combo was nice but underwhelming since I highly doubt it'll have any effect on Obito. And once again, someone mentions how good of a Hokage Shikamaru would make. That's beginning to look like foreshadowing. Good chapter except for Naruto returning to his idiot-self and not knowing who Tobirama was.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  6. #22606
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,729

    Default

    I agree with those who said that the Enton Rasenshuriken looked boring. It's as if Kishi has run out of creative ideas. Anyway, I'm glad Madara vs. Hashirama had begun even if most of their fight is off-screen, and it seems Madara is still ambitious and has some plan up his sleeve even though Obito is practically invincible now. Great. /sarcasm

  7. #22607
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Good chapter except for Naruto returning to his idiot-self and not knowing who Tobirama was.
    I'm pretty sure he only said that because he is an Edo Tensei summon and not Tobirama in the flesh. It wouldn't make any sense because for him to not know who he is because he said, "with the face of the Second Hokage."
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

  8. #22608
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fond du lac, wisconsin
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I agree with those who said that the Enton Rasenshuriken looked boring.
    I don't think it looked bad. Its a freakin rasen-shuriken covered with black flames. I'm not quite sure what's not cool about that.

    That said, it was kind of a troll move, since everyone is/was hoping for the legendary Rasengan/chidori combo ever since their clash pre-timeskip.
    ----------------------------------

  9. #22609
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,270

    Default

    Sasuke had better make a big deal mentally about how Naruto can handle a spiraling ball of slashing air in close proximity to his hands. Maybe a flashback of that destroyed water tower, too.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  10. #22610
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    ---
    Posts
    941

    Default

    I personally hope for some of the Hokages to get blown away, which will make the situation really grave and hopeless. Then, we can witness a really cool comeback of some kind, hopefully something where Naruto uses his main character powers to overwhelm the entire situation. It's a bit vague and unoriginal, I know, but right now the manga is overly complicated with the Madara/Hashirama fight about to start and the ten tales fight underway and tied too tightly around itself with these drastic increases in power. Imagine how cluttered it would get if Obito's fight started to overlap with Hashi/Mada's fight?

  11. #22611
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    That said, it was kind of a troll move, since everyone is/was hoping for the legendary Rasengan/chidori combo ever since their clash pre-timeskip.
    Watch that end up being the finishing blow
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  12. #22612
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,729

    Default

    Kishi needs to stop glorifying Naruto and Sasuke for a minute and pay attention to the other characters who are literally just standing around. I mean what the heck are they doing? And where's Sakura? I thought she said she was going to fight alongside Naruto and Sasuke yet I don't even remember the last time she actually appeared and did something.

  13. #22613
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nintendo Headquarters
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Kishi needs to stop glorifying Naruto and Sasuke for a minute and pay attention to the other characters who are literally just standing around. I mean what the heck are they doing? And where's Sakura? I thought she said she was going to fight alongside Naruto and Sasuke yet I don't even remember the last time she actually appeared and did something.
    Well, to be fair they ARE stronger than everyone else. Neither of them would be killed anyways(you know kishi). Any other character trying to fight would have a pretty high chance of being killed if not saved. No one wants to see someone saved every chapter...

    Sakura I'm sure has her hands full healing the alliance. just my guess. Tobirama, minato, naruto, & sasuke are enough at the moment. To say the least....
    My Pokémon brings all the nerds to the yard
    They're like,"Hey, wanna trade cards?"
    Darn right, I wanna trade cards
    I'll trade you my Pikachu but not my Charizard

  14. #22614
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    I'm pretty sure he only said that because he is an Edo Tensei summon and not Tobirama in the flesh. It wouldn't make any sense because for him to not know who he is because he said, "with the face of the Second Hokage."
    That can't be the case. Naruto didn't treat Nagato or Itachi like that, and he acknowledged Edo Minato as being his father. So it doesn't make much sense for him to act as Edo Tobirama is different then the real Tobirama when he hasn't done so for any of the other Edo Summons he personally knows.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  15. #22615
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,583

    Default

    All these damn uneeded explosions lately! Is Michael Bay secretly working for Japan?
    Guess side characters will remain obsolete for the remainder of the series.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

    Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!


  16. #22616
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    That can't be the case. Naruto didn't treat Nagato or Itachi like that, and he acknowledged Edo Minato as being his father. So it doesn't make much sense for him to act as Edo Tobirama is different then the real Tobirama when he hasn't done so for any of the other Edo Summons he personally knows.
    I'm pretty sure it is the case. If he didn't know who the Second Hokage was then how would he know his face? That wouldn't make any sense at all.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

  17. #22617
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco The Phoenix View Post
    Well, to be fair they ARE stronger than everyone else. Neither of them would be killed anyways(you know kishi). Any other character trying to fight would have a pretty high chance of being killed if not saved. No one wants to see someone saved every chapter...

    Sakura I'm sure has her hands full healing the alliance. just my guess. Tobirama, minato, naruto, & sasuke are enough at the moment. To say the least....
    We should see more deaths then. I mean this is a war yet the only main character who has died in the front lines is Neji if I remember correctly. I'd love for Kiba or some other character to die or get heavily maimed to make this war seem more realistic. I mean at this point the Alliance is facing off against a God. Things need to get more intense imo.

  18. #22618
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nintendo Headquarters
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    We should see more deaths then. I mean this is a war yet the only main character who has died in the front lines is Neji if I remember correctly. I'd love for Kiba or some other character to die or get heavily maimed to make this war seem more realistic. I mean at this point the Alliance is facing off against a God. Things need to get more intense imo.
    Let's say they did do something. What do they have that would even cause damage hahah. They'll all out of there league. Then again I guess everyone is. Better the Edo kage (for obvious reasons) & the strongest ninja than the rest of the alliance causing pointless casualties though....
    My Pokémon brings all the nerds to the yard
    They're like,"Hey, wanna trade cards?"
    Darn right, I wanna trade cards
    I'll trade you my Pikachu but not my Charizard

  19. #22619
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    We should see more deaths then. I mean this is a war yet the only main character who has died in the front lines is Neji if I remember correctly. I'd love for Kiba or some other character to die or get heavily maimed to make this war seem more realistic. I mean at this point the Alliance is facing off against a God. Things need to get more intense imo.
    Nobody would care if someone liked Kiba, Ino, or Choji died. Deaths like Shikamaru, Shino, Hinata, and Sakura would really shock a person, though Hinata already had a near death experience where they made it seem like she did croak in a chapter. And Naruto and Sasuke have plot armor that prevents them from dying just yet. At the end of the series one of them will probably be high up on the "Characters to die heroically list"

    As far as Naruto and Sasuke glorifying, well I would love to see the Konoha rookies be at their level, but it's just not believable right now, hence why Sakura's sudden rise to Sannin rank stank for me. Wish they would have at least built her up. It's to bad. The Konoha rookies for me, were always some of the more interesting things about the Naruto universe. It's sad to see them get the Dragon Ball Z treatment.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  20. #22620
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Nobody would care if someone liked Kiba, Ino, or Choji died. Deaths like Shikamaru, Shino, Hinata, and Sakura would really shock a person, though Hinata already had a near death experience where they made it seem like she did croak in a chapter.
    Neji's death seemed to get people's attention, so I think Kiba or Ino could die and people would care. Kiba is disposable anyway imo. He doesn't really do much or contribute to the plot. I know it sounds messed up, but I think he's a perfect sacrifice.

  21. #22621
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    I'm pretty sure it is the case. If he didn't know who the Second Hokage was then how would he know his face? That wouldn't make any sense at all.
    It's not that he didn't know who the second was, it's that he didn't know that guy was him. His comment made it appear as if he just though the guy had the same face as the second, which is on par with "idiot" Naruto's portrayal.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  22. #22622
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Neji's death seemed to get people's attention, so I think Kiba or Ino could die and people would care. Kiba is disposable anyway imo. He doesn't really do much or contribute to the plot. I know it sounds messed up, but I think he's a perfect sacrifice.
    Neji is more popular then Kiba, so yeah it would get people's attention that he died. The reasons you stated for Kiba's sacrifice would weaken the shock of his death. Because he doesn't contribute to the plot his death wouldn't be that big of a deal compared to a Shikamaru, Sakura, or Hinata. Those three would really get a reaction from the fanbase. I'm not saying Kiba wouldn't get a reaction, just not a huge one. Choji and Ino might cause a bit of a stir, but neither contribute to the plot either, and neither does Shino. I do wonder if anyone would care if Sai died.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  23. #22623
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Kiba has never really had a big storyline like Neji did, so I agree with his death not being as big of a deal. Not to mention that Neji's death was such a big deal in part because of the way he died, protecting Hinata by choice.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  24. #22624
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Hold on. Where in the world is Kiba anyways??

    And yes, I must say the combination between Chidori and Rasen Shuriken was sort of...meh. I do like how the fourth and the second worked together though. It seemed pretty cool :P
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

  25. #22625
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,954

    Default

    Kiba was complaining about Sasuke's return not long ago.

    A better question: where's Tenten?

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Page 905 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 8058558959019029039049059069079089099159551005 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •